How much are hhonors points worth ?

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I came across the Hilton 50% sale and that got me thinking.

Few weeks ago, I used my all of my 120,000 points to book a room in a resort that would cost me $465 incl tax for the same # of days with the sale.

So, what is a better deal ? I don't mind using my points, but now my Gold Status has 0 points. Paying for it would also give me the 1k bonus points + the 25% bonus for Gold.

I have two more days left to cancel the award reservation, so appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Here's the official thread on this topic over at Flyertalk: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hhonors/501319-what-value-...

Neil

If you have an AMEX card 125K points gets you four nights at a Cat 6 hotel with AXON code so it could easily be converted to 4 x $200/night = $800 stay. Lower Cat properties give discounted redemptions for 5-6 night stays for example a 6 night cat 4'stay is 135K points.

So I would pay for the stay and collect the points.

I have 2013 reservations for the casa Marina in Key West for fantasy fest and Grand Wailea in Maui which are both the equivalent of 100 points per $1.00 vs. your $0.40.

THat is really helpful. Any info on how effectively spend Marriot rewards? I have ard 150 points. I did see giftcards, but I make ard only 600-700$ gc

I've got a $200/night room for 17000 points, which is decent value. The minimum value should be around 1/3-cent per point.

If you get the Citi reserve Hilton card you get gold status for $95 per year, so I would not concider your status as a factor
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2012/12/03/hilton-i...

true, but that requires a credit check. Doing a refi, so trying to minimize impact to credit.

So, what'd you do?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014