• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
We are three families (8 adult + 4 kids) from diff places planning to meetup in Florida , our main interest to see beach places and Disney land

we will be driving there, but really need guidance on the best sequence of places to visit and place to stay (hotels or resorts)

I am asking because I want to be very careful and well planned this time(failed many times before on travel planning) ..thanks and appreciate

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Disney world is packed during Xmas. Availability in disney properties can be iffy. I always recommend staying inside, but last minute planning means paying rack rate. No issues with staying outside but hotel shuttles are bad or parking is expensive. Airfare expensive. If you drive, it's more convenient as they are plenty of family restaurants outside disney world.

Recommend a couple of sites since you say you don't have a clue... Allears.net. And Disboards.com

Oh, and stay clear of places selling discount tickets. Most are reused and tied to someone else's fingerprints. Few legal places sell them but discount is less than 5%

1) Disneyland is in CA not FL

2) Have you done any planning whatsoever? Even if we wanted to be your personal travel agent we don't even know the dates or your budget.

thank you both.. Disney world

Hey im in the same boat you are. What we were able to do was book through costco travel and saved ~600$ from what we were able to find separately.

Lots of luck and see you down there.

This thread is old- But tons of INFO:
Link

The short timeline is going to kill you in terms of accommodations. Wouldn't hurt to check VRBO
for rental properties anyway. Check out places in the Windsor Hills subdivision (there are a few others too, check out DISBOARDS forums for everything Disney, really). They have condos and houses. It's ultra close to the parks and, in my experience, you get so much more for your money. Secondly, I'd recommend either picking up the book Unofficial Guide to Disney World or signing up for access to their website/app (touringplans.com). They have crowd calendars for picking better days to go to which parks, touring plans to help you maximize your time there, and an app that gives you live line times and other info for while you're at the park. Well worth the money IMHO.

Have you looked at the other threads?

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1242427/

I'm tempted to say that this is a joke.
On the chance that it's not....well... you'd best get cracking, and I mean like 24/7 from now til you leave, and even then some.
You will need a commando plan if you hope to see anything in the World. Invest a couple bucks in a personalized plan from someone like TourGuide Mike and some very detailed tour books. Understand all of your ticket options. That alone could take you half a day. Unless you are a seasoned WDW vet, without proper and detailed preparation, you are asking for an aggravating, disappointing waste of money. Plan to be up early and be there at rope drop, and plan on wall to wall people.

Xmas is NOT a time to wing it. The topic is far more vast than you can imagine. Many entire boards devoted to just this one topic. But really, you need a book to take with you... start there. Otherwise you will get hung up forever on the boards, and you just don't have enough time.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

froster said:   I am asking because I want to be very careful and well planned this time(failed many times before on travel planning) ..thanks and appreciate"careful and well planned" and you haven't even picked out a hotel yet?? Wow...

Sorry to bust your chops but it just doesn't compute with me! Good luck and have fun.
I'd suggest you get to AAA very fast for some of their maps and guides, if you are a member.

Skip the commercialized beaches and drive out the Canaveral National Seashore, places like Playalinda beach.

Delete - clicked post once and got 2 extra versions free. The joy of using a tablet instead of a real PC.

Delete - clicked post once and got 2 extra versions free. The joy of using a tablet instead of a real PC.

Fangle1948 said:   Skip the commercialized beaches and drive out the Canaveral National Seashore, places like Playalinda beach.Three posts; wow Playalinda excites you, doesn't it?

Just returned in time for school from another near-free prime-season Disney vacation Dec.21-Jan.1 (our tenth Disney school break and counting!)

President's Day is a question mark, as NYC school break is halved by the Hurricane Sandy make-ups. Looking forward to best Spring Break ever March 25-April 7 (may even double-up for a caravan NYC-Disney-NYC Spring Break, nice 20 hours flat, more great relief drivers should apply!)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014