Niagara Fall, Toronto, and New York City

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I am going to New York on March 20 and come back on March 27. I will be landing in Buffalo, and I will be going to stay couple days in Niagara Falls Ontario, and couples days in Toronto, and couple days in New York City. Any tips are greatly appreciated for public transportation, activities, and hotel.
Thanks

Member Summary

I live in North NJ less than half hour away from NYC.. and my in-laws live in Toronto.. (wife used to live there ofcourse before wedding).

Niagara Falls : Stay on Canadian side. US side is plain boring. Canadian side has a much much better view of the falls and has a cool down-town area where you can just walk around browsing all the shops. Go to Kelsey's for lunch or dinner in downtown Niagara Falls. If you're a fan of butterflies, there's a butterfly conservatory 10-15 minute drive away.

Toronto : Live in downtown if possible and just take TTC (toronto public transport) whenever possible. It's just easier that way. CN tower is good.. but not sure what else you would like there. If you're a hockey fan, there's a museum you can visit. Center Island is a cool place to just sit and enjoy the downtown view.

To get to NYC from Toronto, Take QEW then 405.. which will take you to the Queenston-Lewiston crossing. Then take Rt 190 to Rt 290 to 90 West till Syracuse. Then take 81 south till Scranton, PA area.. then take 380 south to 80 East to 280 East.. which will take you directly to Holland Tunnel.
Toronto to NYC should take about 8 hours average.. depending on your speed and the number of breaks you take. It took me 7.5 hours to drive 475 miles from North York, Toronto area Morris County, NJ area 3 days ago.. that's with border crossing and 2 gas+bathroom breaks.

Places to visit in NYC: There's quiet a few.. and I'm sure there are more knowledgable Travel Forum members than me when it comes to NYC.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014