• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I usually don't rent cars for long weekends, as I figure cabs are just as cheap. I'm either going to stay at the Hilton Naples or doubletree Naples, about 30 minutes from the airport. So my first question is what and who is the best way to get a cheap rental? and then if anyone can say any good things to do, restuarants, etc would be great, thanks

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Check out this thread, you could be surprised at what you find on cheap rental - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/travel-discussion/790643

Uhh. Yes. You DO need a car. Cabs are hard to find and are costly. Everything is VERY spaced out.

unless I'm just going to stay at the hotel I always rent a car

Just found a 4 day rental @ ORD for 60USD all in.

Cabs are not the choice you should opt for while travelling.They make you pay higher and according to their needs.Instead rent a car or take your own if you have.Your baggages will be more safe also.So the best choice should be yours.

I live in Naples. It is a great place to get out and enjoy the surroundings. You need a rental car. The town is easy to navigate, its basically a large grid. The beaches are very nice, I would recommend the ones off of Gulf Shore Blvd just south of where Park shore intersects. Old Naples, which is 5th Ave off of US 41 south (Tamiami Trail) has some great eclectic shops and restaurants, as does 3rd St. There is a fairly new community/shopping and dining center called Mercato in North Naples on the corner of Vanderbilt Beach Rd and US 41 that has some great restaurants and night life (Masa, Blue Martini, The Pub,, etc...) There is a local Zoo if that is something that interests you, and a ton of Golf opportunities.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.