• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have a Penfed Visa and when I called to ask about fees when using abroad I was told there isn't one, and that there was no fee from Penfed for using foreign ATMs (so essentially cash advances didn't incur a fee). I'm wondering if the CSR and I didn't understand each other because this sounds too good to be true, so if anyone has experience with this please comment.

How can ATM fees be avoided when traveling internationally? Are there any US Banks that don't charge an international fee?

Thanks

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

BOA cards have no ATM fees if you use an affiliate foreign bank, some AMEX (and others do not charge a forex), and some cc refund the fees.

BOA Global Alliance:
BNP Paribas (France)
BNL Banca Nazionale Del Lavoro (Italy)
Barclays (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands)
Deutsche Bank (Germany)
Scotiabank (Canada and the Caribbean, Caribbean countries include: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Netherlands Antilles (St Maarten), St Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & The Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands)
Westpac (Australia and New Zealand)

Also, they have arrangements with China Construction Bank ATMs (China Construction Bank ATMs in Hong Kong are not included) and in Mexico at Banco Santander (with no ATM
)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014