Parking at JFK?

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Does anyone have any tips or deal suggestions for long term parking at JFK?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How long? Where are you coming from?
Some options include one way car rental, like Hertz on Demand http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/productservice/index.jsp?targetPag... or checking fly drive deals at nearby motels.

hendog said:   Does anyone have any tips or deal suggestions for long term parking at JFK?

Lock your doors.

flying out of JFK for a two week vacation. Coming from western mass.

At least $200+tax off-site booked on internet--my first found link when looking in less than 1 minute; you might also get limo. quotes and let someone else hassle the drive on behalf of (presumably) family peace. This is how something called a "search engine" can be made to work for you. Search Terms: JFK Airport Parking. JFK Airport Limousine.

There are streets in NYC where there is no cleaning done every week. You might want to park there and then just take a cab. It's going to cost you at most 40$ each way. Or just drop it on the street somewhere and get $45 ticket for cleaning.

164-18 77th Rd, Queens, New York 11366 has no cleaning and it's a decent mostly jewish neighborhood, 20 min away from jfk (you can even check it on google maps street view)

snork615 said:   At least $200+tax off-site booked on internet--my first found link when looking in less than 1 minute; you might also get limo. quotes and let someone else hassle the drive on behalf of (presumably) family peace. This is how something called a "search engine" can be made to work for you. Search Terms: JFK Airport Parking. JFK Airport Limousine.

Thanks, this is great advice! However, it may surprise you to know that most people who post in this forum fully understand what a "search engine" is. After going with the obvious (your advice), I used the thing called the "Internet" to navigate to the "travel discussion" section of deal site called "fatwallet" and post there in the hopes that some deal savvy person could help me spend a lot less than the $200 that your great advice gets. It looks like I'll now be spending about $80 and parking on the street in Queens thanks to fatwallet!

Its a tough place to park. Its about $15/day (in 2008) for long term parking on site. It will be a few bucks less of site. Try local hotels maybe, there is a hampton inn just across the van wick that we (flight crews) get put in. I know when I parked at LGA once I used the comfort inn just across the deagan for a fair price. You can take the Q RUNNER or other services from LGA to JFK, so look at both places for off site parking, including hotels. I would even think about EWR and ISP and taking a shuttle. Dont forget the skytrain continues off site to jamaca beach or whatever, so maybe look there. As someone else said, lock your car, and hope its there with tires.

hendog said:   snork615 said:   At least $200+tax off-site booked on internet--my first found link when looking in less than 1 minute; you might also get limo. quotes and let someone else hassle the drive on behalf of (presumably) family peace. This is how something called a "search engine" can be made to work for you. Search Terms: JFK Airport Parking. JFK Airport Limousine.

Thanks, this is great advice! However, it may surprise you to know that most people who post in this forum fully understand what a "search engine" is. After going with the obvious (your advice), I used the thing called the "Internet" to navigate to the "travel discussion" section of deal site called "fatwallet" and post there in the hopes that some deal savvy person could help me spend a lot less than the $200 that your great advice gets. It looks like I'll now be spending about $80 and parking on the street in Queens thanks to fatwallet!
If you are so savvy (and a member since 2006), then you should have also known that posting a vague question like "How do I find a cheap flight to LA" or "What's a cheap hotel in NYC" are not exactly the types of questions that are going to garner much other than snide remarks.

Had you initially posted something like "I live in Mass, am driving to JFK for flight, trip will be two weeks, and I am trying to find the best deal for long-term parking? The cheapest I have found is ~$200; does anyone know of a cheaper option?"

As far as any could tell reading your OP, you are just another lazy poster coming here to have someone do the work for you.

hendog said:   Does anyone have any tips or deal suggestions for long term parking at JFK?

Not exactly at JFK, but I always park at doubletree hotel, JFK for less than $10 a day by booking in advance using this website: http://airportparkinginc.com/

Edit to add: The hotel does have a free to and fro shuttle for the airport every half an hour (if you get unlucky you may have to wait 30 minutes for it)

vinstar said:   hendog said:   Does anyone have any tips or deal suggestions for long term parking at JFK?

Not exactly at JFK, but I always park at doubletree hotel, JFK for less than $10 a day by booking in advance using this website: http://airportparkinginc.com/

Edit to add: The hotel does have a free to and fro shuttle for the airport every half an hour (if you get unlucky you may have to wait 30 minutes for it)

Excellent, thanks. This is definitely the cheapest one I've seen.

will you be needing a hotel stay on either end?

Check out www.stay123.com

hendog said:   It looks like I'll now be spending about $80 and parking on the street in Queens thanks to fatwallet!

You're going to leave your car on the street in Queens for two weeks to save $120? Pardon, but that sounds a bit risky for my taste...

I usually use SmartPark off-site. It's off the Belt Pkwy so easy to get to from NJ and located right near the JFK long term "official" airport parking. You definitely want to make a reservation as you get a coupon price. They now charge a $3 flat shuttle fee but I think it works out to about $15 a day or so while airport parking is $18 for long term. They have shuttle drop off and pickup while long term uses Airtrain. Both have benefits and drawbacks. This place does valet parking so you leave your key. I've used them at least 10 times and never had a problem (other than a few times waiting for shuttle but they got stuck in bad traffic).

zipcar, might be the option. I haven't done that, but think about it if it suits your option.

I used to live in queens, and its 20-30$ cab from there.. street parking was free for all at that time

gud luck

price a one way car rental, even to somewhere off site or near lga, that might end up being the cheapest, BOTH ways....

dstankus2 said:   hendog said:   It looks like I'll now be spending about $80 and parking on the street in Queens thanks to fatwallet!

You're going to leave your car on the street in Queens for two weeks to save $120? Pardon, but that sounds a bit risky for my taste...

I have a minivan. Does anyone know any local pimps in Queens that might want to rent out the back seat area for turning tricks while I'm gone? I figure I can make money on this while the van is sitting in its spot on the street.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014