• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Need to find a house to stay in Orlando area 3/27 - 4/5. I need it to sleep 8 with pool. I would appreciate feedback, websites, suggestions, etc. from anyone who has done this before.

Thanks

Member Summary

I dont know about others, but I've had success with http://www.homeaway.com/

could also try www.airbnb.com

There are so many to choose from. The 1 we always use is VRBO.
Also just remember that little things are usually not included such as toliet paper and garbage bags and sometimes soap for laundry or for the kitchen. On top of that if you get one with a pool they usually charge extra per day for the heater for the pool.
ALWAYS GET IN WRITING EVERYTHING THAT YOU CAN THINK OF do NOT take anything for granted when it comes to renting someones house, they all think they can charge for everything no matter how small, such as scratches on walls or dents or if you break a plate or glass. Its a good idea to just use paper/plastic plates and cups. Also ask about how much garbage you are allowed to throw away.
All of this is from experience of renting houses for vacations

I'm doing big Spring Break 3/23-4/6, probably will bring dozen families from NYC. PM me for some ideas you'd never think

Today's travelzoo push has exactly what OP needs for $69 per night plus garbage fees.

no it doesn't. Dates are sur-charged

Go on to eBay and search for Star Island. Ours had 3 bedrooms, full kitchen and living-room; it is a fantastic place to stay.

this is actually shaping up an OK thread, as the dates are proper for the youths (Spring Break), and there are a number of initial thought-provoking ideas voiced. Of course, nothing earth-shuttering has sounded out yet, as most people tend to think exclusively in terms of paying STANDARD rental rates+taxes+fees and staying god knows where in relation to main attractions. But... keep them coming, we'll see where it goes!

I'll throw you one idea...You insist you want a pool. You'll likely pay higher daily rental rate because of that. And what will you get with $100/day house: likely sub-waterquality smallish pool. Why would you want to spend any time at such pool? I can name many places where you can use 5-star pools any time of day.

And look at this currently available offer: purchase $35 passes to Wet'n'Wild over the phone before 2/28. Having bought those passes now, you can initiate them on any day of 2013 as a "length of stay": and you get entry for 14 straight days! That's arguably the best and largest Water Park on the continent costing you $35 for 14 full days!! And wouldn't you know: you'll be leaving Orlando before the date indicated on "pass valid to". You can get as much as your $35 back in secondary market (just provide original receipts, and the gate will re-do buyer's finger). It takes the gate 5 seconds to re-take the finger. I had to re-take my own original finger: that's how unreliable the imaging system is

OP-

Try VRBO or HOMEAWAY....

I just did a rental in the Virgin Islands for this summer. I sent out lots of info requests and it is amazing how many people don't respond. I am not expecting a response right away but after 2 weeks---I would think they'd check email. I will only rent from places that take credit cards. In all the rentals I have don't I have been successful in negotiating the price down- my newest rental for this summer. It was listed at $4000- we are paying $3000 inclusive of taxes, fees- refundable deposit separate.

Just be sure to check pictures, reviews, etc. I always like actual reviews rather than owner entered from guestbook- you never know.

Good luck with your rental...any updates?

VRBO - and the prices are negotiable for long term stays. You rent directly from the owne
r

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014