Cheap 1-way car rentals from FL/AZ in Spring

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
You can get good deals on one-way rentals from states like FL and AZ this time of year because the car rental companies want to move their fleet from winter vacation sites to the rest of the country.

Bestfares.com has a page on this but they charge $5 to book the reservation. It is better to use the rental company websites directly.
Bestfares page

the conditions are:
pick up your car between April 21 and May 31, 2011
maximum 21 days
The webpage says FL but I used the code from AZ

Here are the codes:
For Alamo use Corporate Discount Code 485684 in conjunction with Coupon Code AD9738AAI,

For National use Corporate Discount Code 5028684 in conjunction with Coupon Code ND3117ZDF,

For Enterprise use promotion code ENBKWKY

If the codes do not work, just look at the prices anyway. I just booked a car in Tucson in late April for two weeks dropping off in Vegas for ~$210 including taxes fees etc. Sedona and the Grand Canyon in spring are great.

BTW, avoid Phoenix for car rentals. They have outrageous added fees that are much higher than Tucson. If you must rent in Phoenix it is usually worth it to take a taxi to an off-airport location.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks...Thrifty has better prices which is almost 50% less than other rentals.

Pretty much all the rental companies have the same deal going on now, the only difference is which destinations they let you drop the car off at & which dates you can pick up & drop off. There's a more complete list at rentalcodes.com. Some of these codes might even work for in-state one way car rentals too, I know Budget, for one doesn't have drop fees on one way rentals in Florida.

hotpep said:   Thanks...Thrifty has better prices which is almost 50% less than other rentals.

As always, worth checking all sources. The Enterprise rate I got from Tucson above is lower than all the daily rates quoted in the rentalcodes.com link provided by travellingalot.

The Travelocity car search page did find the Enterprise rate though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014