Downtown Denver

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Question for you all that know Denver..
I am heading there in a few weeks for business and will be staying a couple extra days downtown.
I was wanting to know what a nice place to stay without dropping a ton of money.
Also any ideas for some cool things to do while I am there?
BTW- I will be traveling with a date, so something with more of a romantic flavor.

Member Summary

I love Tripadvisor, just did not know if there were any "fatwallet" perspectives
Like renting out one of the condo's for a night over a hotel, or a neat hole in the wall place that was cool.

Elway's

Eat Vietnamese and Mexican food. We have some of the best restaurants for this in the country...

Check out Marriott hotel on Champa. It's quite new and not far from 16th street mall. Many nice restaurants on 16th street. I like Earl's, Yard House, Denver Chop House, etc. If you have a car, go to the mountains and have some fun. I like to go to Boulder for sightseeing. Recommend The Mediterranean restaurant on Walnut (between 9th and 11th).

Downtown Denver is clean, safe and walkable but truthfully... there is not much downtown (the 16th street mall is very week)
There are loads of good restaurants and tons of bars. Larimer st is lit up at night but it is the outdoors that floats this city (and major sports teams)
You can rent a bike from a self service location on most st corners and cruise any of the city parks - ride to the REIit is a very cool flagship store or bike the south platte river path
Got a car - drive 30 minutes to red rocks - concerts are not running yet but it is a special place
Go farther up the hill to the Little Bear in Evergreen for live music or stay local and check out El chapultapec in LoDo by coors filed for jazz (Dive but safe)
Boulder can easily take a day between chitagua park / Flat irons and the Pearl St outdoor mall
Trip adivsor has all this stuff..enjoy

Check out Denver's 5280 deal whenever you call the hotel. Ask for Mile High 5280 = $52.80 a night. The Curtis hotel is fun and unique and walking distance to the 16th Street Mall as well as Denver Center for Performaing Arts. http://www.thecurtis.com/

Thank you for all your suggestions!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014