• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello
If anyone currently uses hilton for their hotel chain, and collects the points, they have just announce that redemption values are changing effective march 28th. Any hotel booked prior to will be paid for on the old system, anything after will be on the new (read this HIGHER) points system.

lots of talk at flyer talk to boycott, and move to starwood or hyatt.

just helping my fellow FW's make an informed decision.

UPCOMING CHANGES - EFFECTIVE AS OF MARCH 28, 2013

As of March 28, 2013, the following Standard Room Rewards chart will go into effect. To learn more about how many points are required for a free night at each participating hotel, view the reward pricing for Standard Room Rewards.

STANDARD ROOM REWARDS
HOTEL CATEGORY HHONORS POINTS REQUIRED FOR ONE FREE NIGHT
1 5,000 Points
2 10,000 Points
3 20,000 Points
4 20,000 to 30,000 Points
5 30,000 to 40,000 Points
6 30,000 to 50,000 Points
7 30,000 to 60,000 Points
8 40,000 to 70,000 Points
9 50,000 to 80,000 Points
10 70,000 to 95,000 Points
5th Night Free: Silver, Gold and Diamond elite members will receive every 5th night free* on Standard Room Reward stays of 5 consecutive nights or more (up to 4 free nights on a stay of 20 consecutive nights).

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why is there a point range for some categories?

Some hotels within a category may have seasonal reward pricing throughout the year, where the number of Points needed to redeem for Standard Room Rewards or Points & Money Rewards may vary if the stay is during an off-peak period. For example, during an off-peak period, a hotel would offer a lower point redemption rate. Seasonal pricing of Rewards can change on a month-to-month basis depending on the demand period for each hotel.

How do I know what category a hotel is in and how many Points will be required for one free night?

You can view the list of hotel categories to learn about the new category for each hotel, or view the reward pricing to see how many Points are required for one free night.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I received a change in terms and conditions that they have removed some utilities and bill pay from the 6 point categories and now the 6 point categories like groceries now only earn 5 points. So in one fell swoop Hilton has devalued their points program to essentially 5/6*3/4 = .625 of what the points were worth for hotels I would stay. So for supermarket purchases I would have receive about 1.5 cent for every dollar spent at a grocery store to receive a decent hotel room. My Hilton rewards card will now get sock drawered indefinitely.

Just sent an email to my secretary to start booking me at Starwood properties.

jw530 said:   I received a change in terms and conditions that they have removed some utilities and bill pay from the 6 point categories and now the 6 point categories like groceries now only earn 5 points. So in one fell swoop Hilton has devalued their points program to essentially 5/6*3/4 = .625 of what the points were worth for hotels I would stay. So for supermarket purchases I would have receive about 1.5 cent for every dollar spent at a grocery store to receive a decent hotel room. My Hilton rewards card will now get sock drawered indefinitely.

There are four Hilton rewards card, would be helpful to mention you have the no-fee AMEX.

Surpass still offers 6 point categories and restaurants replace phone/cable category.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014