Bahamas Shore Excursions

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Friends,
I am taking my family to Bahamas (Great Stirrup Cay & Nassau). This is going to be our 1st cruise. NCL is offering $159 PP for atlantis.com and $29 PP for snorkeling. Would you consider this a good deal? Is it a good deal? How do I find good deals on Shore Excursions? What Excursions would you recommend? Please guide me.

Thank you!

Member Summary

Snorkeling is a good deal.. but where is it?
- During our honeymoon at Nassau, we had a similar priced excursion where they took us on a big boat (about 1.5 hour ride each way) to an island where we snorkeled a couple hours and then were given a buffet lunch. That was for around $40 per person. That whole excursion was about 7-8 hours long.

$159 pp for atlantis.com? What the heck are they smoking? Or maybe I should ask what's included in that price.
- Wife and I took the ferry from Nassau to atlantis.com and then hanged around the mall area.. and that was free. Ferry was a couple bucks each way I think.

You should explore Nassau Island itself. There are many buses for cheap which take you basically anywhere. We stayed at Wyndham Nassau and took the bus to downtown area almost everyday. Friendly people on bus and you can see all the sights of the island.. not just the touristy locations.

you may want to try to book a room @ below for 2. I am sure it would be cheaper than paying $159pp for atlantis.com.

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-nassau-bahamas-BS003/Hotel-Ar...

when we were there last year , we found many cruise passenger doing same and never taking even room keys. they were just interested in pass for atlantis.com. With room in there you have access to almost all facilities of atlantis.com . Hopefully that helps!!!

Me and my honey just returned from a Carnival Cruise that traveled to Freeport and Nassau Bahamas. I was really excited about visiting the atlantis.com resort and booked the Water Park atlantis.com Excursion for around $175.00 per person, for ˝ a day excursion. I knew I was getting ripped off, but hey, were at atlantis.com so I might as well do it right. Luckily it was cold the first day in Freeport, around 74 degrees, and I couldn’t see myself enjoying the water park. Carnival allowed me to exchange excursion to a cheaper tour of aquarium and other stuff at atlantis.com excursion. I think we paid $40 per person.
My recommendation… If you’re not going to the water park, then do your own tour of atlantis.com, pay nothing. Just look like you belong, know what you’re doing, and that you’re a big time guest at the resort. Trust me… Nobody will say anything. Unfortunately I did not get close to the water park, but I’m sure the same applies. Check the weather and book early. The excursion price goes up once you’re on the ship! P.S. atlantis.com is Balling!

Man. I read the same thing about booking a room at the ComfortSuites.com/hotel- for free atlantis.com privileges. But when I check availability for this weekend, rooms are priced from $350.00 and up. I think it’s actually cheaper to just book a room at atlantis.com.

I thank you very much for the info. When I booked the cruise they gave me that price but now I see completely diff prices: $49 (they offered me $29) pp for Snorkeling, $199 (they offered me $159) for atlantis.com Aquaventure & Dolphin Cay Interaction (7 hours), $119 for atlantis.com (5 hours), and %129 for atlantis.com Dolphin Cay Interaction (3 hours). Here is the URL: http://www.ncl.com/excursions/search?Mnr=4096&printfriendly=1&de...

I was not sure that time so I did not purchase.

Regards,
Sean

I have been on the same cruise before. what I did is get off port and take a taxi to atlantis.com for around $20 dollar for a family of 6, and buy atlantis.com Aquaventure Package: For $110 adults or $80 for children, day-trippers can purchase an atlantis.com Aqaventure package that provides all day access to pools, beaches and Aquaventure, a 141-acre waterscape containing over 20 million gallons of water with water slides, a mile-long river ride with high intensity rapids and wave surges, and more. Aquaventure wristbands can be purchased at any Discover atlantis.com Sales Centers located throughout the property. Children under age 3 are free.

For Nassau do the Segway tour. That was fantastic!

I have cruised several times, and I can tell ya, any tour that the cruiseline offers, you can find yourself for much cheaper. Same people giving you the tours, actually I believe the cruise lines just book the local operators anyways, and tack on another $20 for the 'service'. We did the StingRay City tour in Grand Caymen several times, the 1st time booked through the cruise line, and the rest we booked ourselves online, and it was about $25-$30 cheaper per person to do it yourself. If you have time, poke around the internet to some travel sites, I HIGHLY recommend CruiseCritic.com, for some great tour recommendations. Even if you don't pre-book them, there are tons of local guides there as soon as you get off the ship.

Go to the fish fry! It's a quarter mile cutout of local restaurants that are more reasonably priced than the resorts. Loved it! Wife and I ate there nearly every day on our honeymoon. $1.25 bus fare to anywhere you want to go rocks too!

I am from Nassau. $29 pp for snorkleing is definitely a good price, $49 doesn't sound unreasonable but I wouldn't pay any more than that. If your day at atlantis.com is including the dolphin I would say that price is fair. But I would recommend doing Dolphin Encounters at Blue Lagoon instead. http://www.dolphinencounters.com/ There are encounter and swim packages, of course all this depends on your schedule.

Foodwise, definitely check out Arawak Cay if you're looking for tradtional Bahamian food. Or if you want to avoid the Taxi ride to Arawak Cay, check out Tru Bahamian Food Tours. It will meet downtown near the cruise ship dock and you'll get to spend time seeing things from a local point of view. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147416-d3701058-Re...

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

I used Viator.com for some ground tours in Europe last year and saw that they also do shore excursions in Caribbean. They're a middle-man and don't actually provide the excursion themselves and they also offer a worry free guarantee where they'll pay to get you to meet the ship if your excursion runs late. Here is shore excursion link. I am now on their mailing list and then send out 10% off coupons every once in awhile too. The 10% off one expires today but you have to use a link in the email they send to get it so can't post here.

I appreciate the info. Thank you!

Thank you!

I thank you all! You guys are just amazing. I heartily appreciate all your help!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your views. @fairburn1 thanks for the cruise information, it's very useful.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014