olotels.com travel booking site for hotels

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Anyone used them? I was considering booking a 3 night hotel stay in FL, they had the best deal of any other site I searched.

I read some bad reviews but also some good.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Found this link on Twitter

As members of the Hotel Association of Canada we strive to ensure that you are up to date on all lodging activities in Canada. The HAC has recently become aware of a potentially fraudulent booking site called olotels.com http://www.olotels.com/. It is our understanding that guests have received email confirmation of their hotel booking and been charged via the site to find out, once arriving at the hotel, that nothing has been reserved on their behalf.

And another: Olotels - Traders hotel has not received my olotels reservation

I have used them with no problem. If you're worried about it just email or call the hotel to confirm your reservation before you leave.

Just checked their rates to a city I travel frequently to and they are higher than what I get booking directly thru the hotels I am familiar with.

Mickie...It varies but in I have found the hotel sites are usually higher than what you find on travel booking sites. One travel booking site will not be the answer for every hotel in every city but searching online usually beats the hotel rates for me.

I recently used them for rooms for my daughter's wedding with no problems. They were considerably cheaper than even the group rate I was given by the hotel.

Thanks for all the input. I am leary of using them - seems like some people like them but a lot had problems - I think I'll pay the $30 or so extra it will be (for 3 nights) for the particular hotel I'm using - that is the next best deal I'm finding for it. I don't want to risk a problem traveling with family including young kid - if it were just me I'd probably take the risk - but we will be getting in late and if there is a problem it would be really stressful to have to deal with it at that time.

Cathy...I really think that's just throwing money away.

You can find negative reviews on every travel site. On occasion, bookings get messed up. After you book, just contact the hotel at some point to confirm the room reservation. That's all you need to do. No company is out there fraudulently charging credit cards and not providing rooms. If that happens all you need to do is contact your credit card for a "Chargeback" and you'll get 100% of the money back.

Olotels.com does have excellent rates. I have booked with them many times. I don't go to Olotels.com directly. I use the search engine at BestTravelCoupon.com which searches Olotels.com and others for the lowest rates. When Olotels popped up as the lowest rate I did not hesitate to use them.

I tried using this site last night to book in Austin, Texas. My bank (chase) flagged the purchase and wouldnt let it process. I received an email with a reservation number but it requested I finish my booking. the site says no refunds. when i call the Hotel direct, they said they never received a reservation from them. They have never heard of olotels. Thank god my card wasnt charged. i decided not to use this site.

Anybody else feel like Travel Discussion has become shill and dump area?

I was a victim of an unauthorized transactions on VISA credit card, misused the data from database Olotes.com.
My Visa Card is from Serbia and was misused. I had 7 unauthorized transactions on amounts 30 USD, 20 USD; 60USD, 80 USD, 500 USD, 80 USD, 5 USD....In April 2013 I did a full payment before go to the hotel and left the card number and CCV code on booking.
DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!!!
sdkolarevic@sbb.rs

From: customersatisfaction@olotels.com [mailto:customersatisfaction@olotels.com]
Sent: 29. May 2013 22:47
To: sdkolarevic@sbb.rs
Subject: olotels.com

Dear Mrs Sandra Kolarevic,

Thank you for using Olotels.com!

Please note that Olotels.com is using the Thawte Digital Certificate System, which is the standard security technology for creating an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between web server and browser remains private and secure.

Kindly note that olotels.com is offering its entire support towards the situation you are experiencing, so please don't hesitate to contact us.

I hope that my answers have helped you clarify any possible misunderstandings or doubts.

For any support or assistance please call 0044 208 819 7918.
Opening hours:
Monday to Friday from 6:00 to 22:00 (GMT) and 10:00 to 18:00 on weekends.

Best regards,
Claudia Florent
-------------------------------
Hallo,

This is not misunderstandings!!!!

My card is blocked by Bank and I filled out the questionnaire for unauthorized card use and cyber criminal. The investigation leads to you-Olotels.com…Your staff have sold or stolen data and use for third part.
From Serbia three is 3 different Bank (Raiffeisen Bank , Piraeus Bank, Banca Intesa) confirmed that had been paid by you for hotels of 3 different people and month after payment , cards are use for transactions by the same organization “March of Dimes”

Problem is because some of your staff have sold or stolen data and use it!!!! Off course your technology can be security but you have people-staff who have access to all data base.

All our correspondence I will send to investigators for cyber criminal and my Piraeus Bank

Sandra Kolarevic

--

It may not have been stolen or sold. A hacker may have been able to access the credit card information at this travel site. Or any other site you have used your credit card.

In Friday 31.05.2013 I received restitution payments from The Organization "March OD Dimes".

There is a possibility that has been done the same encrypted applications of site, olotels.com and thus are picked data ... Definitely the abuse occurred and the investigation leading to the Olotels.com. Their technical support has to check the security of site because it is definitely ordered. It is also possible they keep the data ... I do not know really what is what happened but they are involved!
The last time with them I used the VISA card and left CCV code

I was this close to booking a hotel in Tokyo through Olotels, entered credit card number and everything, but never clicked submit. I got worried and decided to follow my instinct, and I'm pretty sure my instinct was correct, as I got this e-mail from them not long after. By the way, they log your e-mail even if you don't click anything but you start filling out the payment form, which is unheard of.

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for using Olotels.com! Following your telephone conversation with your reservation agent please find here enclosed the secured link that allows you to send us your credit card details.

The safety and privacy of the personal information you give us are of the utmost importance to our company. The information is encrypted as soon as it is sent.

This link is valid only for 72 hours. If the delay has been exceeded please contact our Customer Care Department by mail at customercare@olotels.com or by phone at 020 8099 5115 in order to obtain a new secured link.

Best regards,
The Olotels.com team

Please click on the link to access the secure payment form
https://www.olotels.com/bookingsecure_form.php?bid=4279133&k=874863695&langid=1
Olotels Customer Support
Customer Support 24/7 : your reservation account

The Olotels team"

First of all, I never had a telephone conversation with them, and they're emailing me to send them my credit card details? This is ridiculous. Should I be worried that my credit card will be misused somehow? I, for one, will never ever use this site. It seems way too sketchy - I don't care how many reviewers say they got the best deals off of this site, it's not worth the risk.

What is the risk? You think they're going to take off with your credit card number?

If you book a hotel on any travel site just be sure to contact the hotel and confirm the reservation. That is all you need to do.

If anybody every charges something on your card that you did not authorize it is very easy to fix. Just contact your bank and demand a "chargeback" on an unauthorized charge. You will get your money back every time.

What barrage of New Member rave reviews... If not for it, I might have given them benefit of a doubt LArugby friend

anvisharma and myharmony sure look like schills for that outfit, poor ones, but still schills. How pathetic!

I Just had a very trick experience with Olotels. I was using TripAdvisor and Olotels showed in the list with an unbeatable price for a Hotel in the area I was looking for and the Hotel had an excellent rating at Olotels site.
The Pictures gallery was not available, but because of user's ratings, I booked a room. Well, afterwords I looked for that same Hotel at TripAdvisor' site and got shocked with 99% user dislike because of bug infestation, the photo gallery included was even scarier. Now, I do not know if they are clonning my credit card or simply charging me for the room cancellation. My advice: avoid it and clean your computer from nasty cookies.

-

have seen last minute travel club (lmtclub) have a free memberhsip for 1 year for the holiday. (instead of 50 dollars)
use the code: PREBLACKFRIDAY or PREBLACKFRIDAY1
I tried olotels and I never had a problem booking there although you can find same rates on booking.com but if you want a good deal, you better search at member only sites.

ill chime in, I dont post much if ever on here but this came up when i was searching for CashBack. Used this earlier in the year for my honeymoon to vegas. these guys are legit real dodgy and shady, I almost thought I was the victim since some how they circumvent to france or something.. slim to none in reaching someone. But its legit i got a reservation # although the place i was at was like ??? but when I got there everything was fine. so in short yes they are fine but it has you on the edge of suspense did they book it or did they leave me hanging out to dry?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014