Using corporate rate

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I need to go to new orleans for a weekend. I found a hotel that is nice and charges $250 a night. I found a code for citi bank that brings it down to $116. Will they ask me for id or what? Can I print something on the computer or somthing. I am quite poor so I cant afford the 250. Somebody let me know if I can slide with a corporate rate.

Member Summary

It's worth the gamble! Create a business card on your computer for Citibank. Drop your name on the card and hand it to the hotel guy if they ask!

christinacash said:   I need to go to new orleans for a weekend. I found a hotel that is nice and charges $250 a night. I found a code for citi bank that brings it down to $116. Will they ask me for id or what? Can I print something on the computer or somthing. I am quite poor so I cant afford the 250. Somebody let me know if I can slide with a corporate rate.If you're that poor, you can't afford a weekend in NOLA for $116 per night.

I've found very few hotels ask for ID. Almost every major city has an IBM corp rate and they never ask for verification.

bpd67 said:   I've found very few hotels ask for ID. Almost every major city has an IBM corp rate and they never ask for verification.At Marriott and Hilton properties I have been frequently required to provide ID for my corporate discount.

bpd67 said:   I've found very few hotels ask for ID. Almost every major city has an IBM corp rate and they never ask for verification.

I've been asked at hotels and even for a simple COSTCO card when renting a card.
OP if you want to try the risk go ahead. Don't get upset if asked for ID and you can't produce or they question anything questionable you present. They can deny rate and make you pay rack rate. They quoted that rate based on info you provided....you misinform they don't have to honor.

n/m

Lumix said:   bpd67 said:   I've found very few hotels ask for ID. Almost every major city has an IBM corp rate and they never ask for verification.At Marriott and Hilton properties I have been frequently required to provide ID for my corporate discount.

At multiple Hilton properties I've never been asked, maybe I'm just lucky. Another way to approach it is to call and say you are doing business in the area and ask what rates they have with corporations, just got nights at an embassy suites that way for $100 a night because we were doing business with a company in the area that had a corp rate. No ID required.

Once at a small hotel I was asked for AAA id once...but AAA usually isn't all that good of a rate anyway. When we do resort vacations I've had luck just calling them up and asking...do you have any conferences during that period and I'm 50/50 for them laughing and saying sure here is the rate. The last Hawaii vacation...she added Dr. to my title for a medical convention...$119 for Waikoloa. Anyway, the bigger they are the less likely to ask for id...and many times they will just try to find you a cheaper rate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014