Southern California Citypass

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi, I live in Oregon. I am trying to find some vacation deals on Disneyland for a family of six. I found a 5-day Citypass for Disneyland for $306 and you get 2 days in Disneyland, 1 day in California Adventure, 1 day in Universal Studio and 1 day in SeaWorld. Does anyone know of a better deal out there? Thanks.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Some employers offer the Citypass for a few dollars less but you need to order ahead of time. I didn't think the small discount offset the risk of travel woes. The pass used to be for Parkhopper passes. Are you staying at a Disney hotel or offsite?

They say the lines are shorter and while I used the SoCal Citypass I cannot offer any comment. OT: New York City Citypass lines were way shorter.

Try checkout smartdestinations.com I have done the oahu one.

No, we intend to stay offsite to keep cost manageable. What do have in mind?

Smartdestinations.com doesn't include Disneyland and SeaWorld. This is a different pass. It's an idea though. Thanks.

depends on where your going, how many days, etc. please provide more details

tonypham said:   Hi, I live in Oregon. I am trying to find some vacation deals on Disneyland for a family of six. I found a 5-day Citypass for Disneyland for $306 and you get 2 days in Disneyland, 1 day in California Adventure, 1 day in Universal Studio and 1 day in SeaWorld. Does anyone know of a better deal out there? Thanks.

If you buy the Southern California Citypass at Universal or SeaWorld, you get an extra day at their attraction. I bought this pass in December thru Universal's website and was able to use the pass for a second day at Universal. Buying it through disney has no benefits or other places (like costco, smartdestinations.com or your employers discount link) can save you a few bucks but doesnt give you the second day option for visiting SeaWorld or Universal. If you plan to visit Universal for only one day, you may want to buy the fastpass on the day of your trip.

And it's a 3 day park hopper at disney and includes one early morning entry.

I used the Costco deal recently (wasn't planning on going to San Diego or Universal anyway) to buy four 3-day Disneyland Park Hopper tickets. There were a few freebies thrown in:

1. There is a $20 giftcard - which is roughly the maximum discount I could get from any other website.

2. Costco also gives a free Premium Dining Voucher (value: somewhere between $120-$156 for a party of four. The $156 figure comes from the final amount on our bill including gratuity. With the vouchers, the entire bill was zeroed out). The premium dining itself was one of the many highlights during our visit.

3. Unexpectedly, our hotel gave us a $100 gift card that could be used towards food at their premises since we booked through Disney Travel (both Costco and AAA route your booking to Disney travel).

4. We decided to extend our park visit by an extra day. Since we had a 3-day hopper it was easy to convert it to a 4-day park hopper for about $22 per person (inexpensive Day 4). Not sure if we could have done it with a Citypass.

5. Plus several knick-knacks the kids liked: Cars themed luggage tags/pins/lanyards etc. Also, the ticket itself is a "souvenir card" - like a Cars-themed credit card.

P.S. I didn't book my flights through Costco, but did book my hotel thru them. You cannot get just the park tickets alone from Costco.

I didn't see any extra shorter lines for CitiPass or any other members.

Also, they take your pic when you enter the park the first time and check your pic when the same ticket is used later. So, the buy-remaining-days from someone else simply does not work any more.

eurekaa said:   

Also, they take your pic when you enter the park the first time and check your pic when the same ticket is used later. So, the buy-remaining-days from someone else simply does not work any more.

Don't you just love it when Dizney treats your family like potential criminals? I guess they adapted the Bestbuyy 'devil customer' attitude.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014