• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello folks. My family vacation to FL includes a day at Magic Kingdom for my little girls (3 and 4) and I was wondering what's the best way to buy the tickets the least expensive way. My co-workers suggested buying the tickets near the theme park such as WalMart or 7/11.

What other ways would you suggest me to try to buy tickets cheap?

Thanks in advance.

Member Summary

Read any of the multitude of threads here about this topic, might be a start.

I did read the threads but most suggested buying from the undercovertourist.com which only offered about 3% off the regular price that Disney World offers.

I'm sure someone will be able to advise me for a little higher discount. I thought about doing a timeshare presentation which would save me a significant amount of money, but don't want to waste few hours of my vacation time for that.

cherishzm said:   I did read the threads but most suggested buying from the undercovertourist.com which only offered about 3% off the regular price that Disney World offers.

I'm sure someone will be able to advise me for a little higher discount. I thought about doing a timeshare presentation which would save me a significant amount of money, but don't want to waste few hours of my vacation time for that.
Then you got the answer.

There are no "real" discounts - period - end of story. The mouse doesn't need to discount.

To save money, the options are time-shares or buying on the grey market (from employees or 3rd party selling partially used tickets). You have to weigh the benefits vs. the risks associated with the less than legit options.

I see. I heard Disney takes fingerprints for tickets these days so partially used tickets won't work. Is this true?

Where are you coming from, what dates, where are you staying?

When you drive around disney, you will see tourist booths advertising 30 to 50% off. Sometimes they are timeshares (should be free if timeshare), and some are cash deals for tickets that are partially used. Things may have changed now, this was based on few years back.

I'm coming from NC and staying in Orlando on next Monday and Tuesday nights. I'm planning to go to Magic Kingdom on Tuesday and I'm staying in a hotel 20 mins from the Disney World.

cherishzm said:   I see. I heard Disney takes fingerprints for tickets these days so partially used tickets won't work. Is this true?

They does a biometric scan of your index finger. They aren't taking your fingerprint, but they do use the data to link the ticket with the individual. So no, you wouldn't want to buy a partially used ticket.

Check with your employer, if you have access to Beneplace you should be able to buy tickets at a slight discount.

Bought ours on eBay last fall, saved about 7-8%. Worked well and I was satisfied. Can't say that I wasn't worried walking up to the gate though, lol.

Well, could have saved almost 100% that way, but who's counting.

SinglePapa said:   Well, could have saved almost 100% that way, but who's counting.Another SP fantasy.

I thought I heard somewhere if you have the Target debit/credit card you could get 5% off if you bought a Disneyland gift card at Target. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try and see. I have never tried it personally but I vaguely remember someone posting that it worked one time in another forum.

MrVietnam said:   I thought I heard somewhere if you have the Target debit/credit card you could get 5% off if you bought a Disneyland gift card at Target. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try and see. I have never tried it personally but I vaguely remember someone posting that it worked one time in another forum.
I remember that, was even better when Target had that coupon that worked for GCs. People were loading up on Disney GCs for their vacations.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014