• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I stumbled on this unusual rate for 4* Sheraton Convention (never checked Myrtle Beach before, so can't be sure when this block of rooms became available, or how long the rate will last.) User Review mentioned that parking costs extra - but that he "found a way around it"; so potentially no parking fee.

The rate doesn't pop up for every check-in date, but it's currently available for many-many dates going forward. If your check-in date fits the rate (likely only Sunday thru Thursday), you can stay as many days as you wish, as long as you don't claim weekends.

Update: member Myrtle discovered Breakers Resort at about same rate, and Breakers oceanfront room sleeps up to 6! This would be a tremendous deal for 6, I nearly got interested for my group...unfortunately, the rate posted by Groupon for oceanview (to fit 6) was in fact NEVER AVAILABLE on any date of the calendar. Smaller room is only available on weekdays and only in September, that's it. In contrast, the rate I posted was, is and may be available for a long time: for August, September, October, November and December dates, possibly 2014 also. I wasn't checking distant dates, because once you pre-pay you can't cancel.

Update 2: members wiseguy1100 and fwratz1 expressed interest in Sept.1-6 for which DELUXE room is confirmed available under this special rate. They have the $315 confirmation (that's upgraded room for 5 nights) and if they are not booking it - ask them, and they may copy it to you

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Stop clowning around!

KayK (Aug. 15, 2013 @ 2:42p) |

We need to keep this serious.

Pagliacci is a better choice considering the crying clown.

Mamzer (Aug. 15, 2013 @ 2:49p) |

OK, so I am the second person that SP has tried to "help". I thought I would also give him the benefit of the doubt, but... (more)

wiseguy1100 (Aug. 15, 2013 @ 3:15p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What dates?

I can check the dates you want, if you can't

P.S. I just checked as per some of your PM requests: it appears to be available weekdays next week, but not likely weekends. I clearly see 8/12 going forward, but not Fri, Sat. Not sure if that changes going into Sept

Cheap rooms available next week is not a deal.

Edit: Parts of next week. And no weekends. Plus $8-$14 per day for parking.

Why necessarily "next week"? What does your phrase mean?? What do you want Sheraton to do for you besides low room price???KayK said:   Cheap rooms available next week is not a deal.

SinglePapa said:   Why necessarily "next week"? What does your phrase mean?? What do you want Sheraton to do for you besides low room price???KayK said:   Cheap rooms available next week is not a deal.Over 99% of people plan for their vacations more than a week in advance.
This is just Sheraton trying to fill their rooms next week which havent been sold yet.. nothing else. Hence the reglar priced rooms on Wednesday while cheap rooms on mon/tue/thu

This was thoughtful, I must complement the effort. I do see same under-$60 rate showing weeks and months out, too. And none of the region's chains showing anything like it: I see Hilton, same 4-stars, at double the Sheraton rate

SinglePapa said:   This was thoughtful, I must complement the effort. I do see same under-$60 rate showing weeks and months out, too. And none of the region's chains showing anything like it: I mean, Comforts and Sleeps Inn are over $100Specify days, or else expect red.

September dates are showing under-$60 for me. I have no interest in checking all dates, as I am not going. I'd encourage someone with skin in it to report all appropriate details

SinglePapa said:   September dates are showing under-$60 for me. I have no interest in checking all dates, as I am not going. I'd encourage someone with skin in it to report all appropriate detailsDont post "deals" then if you're not going to show research.

This was discussed earlier: I believe that the interested in a particular deal party - in this case someone desiring Myrtle Beach - would provide best first hand analysis. But he (she) could not possibly, if they never knew of the deal's existence.

How is Sheraton under-$60 not deal, when Hilton is $120 on same dates?

SinglePapa said:   How is Sheraton under-$60 not deal, when Hilton is $120 on same dates?Read KayK's posts.

Alas, all members who cared to make contribution to this topic ONLY contributed re: person. None contributed ANY information on Sheraton under-$60 stay opportunity or any competitive opportunity

SinglePapa said:   Alas, all members who cared to make contribution to this topic ONLY contributed re: person. None contributed ANY information on Sheraton under-$60 stay opportunity or any competitive opportunityIf you want to post a real deal, then do the research and post the deal.

You continually post hints at possible deals and tell the community to do the research and tell you the results.

Don't you understand why your postings always collect more red than anyone else's posts in any FW forum?

Mamzer said:   Don't you understand why your postings always collect more red than anyone else's posts in any FW forum?He doesnt. A good reason why.

I have yet to see a single date that's anywhere close to $60 at http://www.sheratonmyrtlebeach.com/

What's the best you're getting?

SinglePapa said:   What's the best you're getting?irrelevant

Absolutely true: all six members "participating" in this topic have zero interest in the subject of the topic; only in getting personal against the author who found the $57 rate, available at four-star Sheraton Myrtle Beach on many dates thru the end of 2013

SinglePapa said:   Absolutely true: all six members "participating" in this topic have zero interest in the subject of the topic; only in getting personal against the author who found the $57 rate, available at four-star Sheraton Myrtle Beach on many dates thru the end of 2013If you have a deal, post it.

But please stop posting worthless junk and telling everyone else to see if the deal is valid and then report their findings back to you.

There's a reason your posts, in all of the forums, collect more red than anyone else's.

It's not personal.

It's the content or the lack thereof, along with your never ending rants when anyone questions the validity of your supposed deal.

This is similar to your old thread about getting free food from the dumpsters at Publix and Goodings.

SinglePapa said:   I clearly see 8/12 going forward
I clearly see $179.

What's the date at $179? And I'll screen shot what I'm getting for your date...

I can't possible screenshot every date on the calendar. If you're interested in going, send me your date

LOL.

lay off the pipe
Disclaimer
DeGlass said:   SinglePapa said:   I clearly see 8/12 going forward
I clearly see $179.

Are we done here?

I apologize that I can't screenshot from my device, but I do have $57 availability on your date. So I ll screenshot as soon as I am at a desktop, which may take me over the weekend. Thanks for your post DeGlass. It really is a shame about all the bad people, who managed to screw up one topic of $20 Disney hotel opportunity, and next day screw up another topic of a $57 opportunity on a $179 hotel. Totally useless, barging into topics they have zero interest in, and maliciously redding somebody else's topics out of existence.

I hope by the time I get to desktop, this date is still available. If not, I ll screenshot other dates. I saw at least a dozen of them at $57 for standard and $64 for deluxe room

Lets keep this discussion on topic please.

If you are looking for deals in Myrtle Beach you might want to consider a Groupon deal available currently. The Breakers Resort is a nice ocean-front facility with many amenities in the heart of the action. The Groupon rate starts at $41 a night for a room. There are two Sheratons in Myrtle Beach. I believe the Sheraton at the convention center is about three blocks from the beach including crossing all six lanes of Hwy 17. The other Sheraton is "near" Broadway at the Beach - an entertainment venue. It's probably a mile or two from the beach.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-the-breakers-resort-1?c=all&p=0

Another Groupon in Myrtle Beach is for the Aqua Beach Inn. I am not familiar w/ this facility. It does not appear to be oceanfront. Deals start at $42 a night for a studio.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-aqua-beach-inn-2?c=all&p=7

Nice going, member Myrtle! Unfortunately, we are not hearing of anyone remotely interested in Myrtle Beach so far... It's all Orlando, SF and Vegas this month

myrtle said:   If you are looking for deals in Myrtle Beach you might want to consider a Groupon deal available currently. The Breakers Resort is a nice ocean-front facility with many amenities in the heart of the action. The Groupon rate starts at $41 a night for a room. There are two Sheratons in Myrtle Beach. I believe the Sheraton at the convention center is about three blocks from the beach including crossing all six lanes of Hwy 17. The other Sheraton is "near" Broadway at the Beach - an entertainment venue. It's probably a mile or two from the beach.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-the-breakers-resort-1?c=all&p...

Another Groupon in Myrtle Beach is for the Aqua Beach Inn. I am not familiar w/ this facility. It does not appear to be oceanfront. Deals start at $42 a night for a studio.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-aqua-beach-inn-2?c=all&p=7
A real deal instead of a bunch of bull!

Thanks Myrtle.

With its mandatory resort fee, Breakers comes up to around Sheraton's quote - but this can be a remarkable deal to fit 6 people! If not for member Myrtle, the deal would've gone unnoticed

SinglePapa said:   I hope by the time I get to desktop, this date is still available. If not, I ll screenshot other dates. I saw at least a dozen of them at $57 for standard and $64 for deluxe room

Screenshot please with (at least a dozen) dates available for $57 as promised?

Wiseguy1100, not gonna copypaste more than one tomorrow, but dates available at Sheraton for $57 are most weekdays in Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec and probably 2014. Too bad the Breakers quote is exclusive to Sep weekdays only - Breakers ocean view sleeps 6 for same money as Sheraton...

If you require particular dates, I can screenshot them for you. So far, it doesn't look like anyone has any interest in Myrtle Beach at all, so this is purely an academic exercise. For free California trips: everyone who wanted to go, is going. There is hot booking that includes SF, Yosemite and Vegas Aug 31, Sep 1 and Sep 2. And there may be one covering SF, coastal Highway 1 and LA on same dates as well

SinglePapa said:   Wiseguy1100, not gonna copypaste more than one tomorrow, but dates available at Sheraton for $57 are most weekdays in Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec and probably 2014. Too bad the Breakers quote is exclusive to Sep weekdays only - Breakers ocean view sleeps 6 for same money as Sheraton...

If you require particular dates, I can screenshot them for you. So far, it doesn't look like anyone has any interest in Myrtle Beach at all, so this is purely an academic exercise. For free California trips: everyone who wanted to go, is going. There is hot booking that includes SF, Yosemite and Vegas Aug 31, Sep 1 and Sep 2. And there may be one covering SF, coastal Highway 1 and LA on same dates as well

SP, in your post above,you promised Deglass that if he posts a screenshot, you would as well. You did not.

You also say "most weekdays in Aug, Sep.." are available for that date. I checked various dates, checking in week of 8/19, 8/26 and 9/2 - with no luck on that rates that you seem to be finding for "most dates".

Care to share a screenshot and specific dates that you are seeing for the $57 rate?

When I am at desktop Monday, I can copy paste entire reservation with all fees/taxes for you. Just give me weekdates you are traveling, I can't do the entire 2013 calendar for you. You appear the only person considering Myrtle Beach

SinglePapa said:   When I am at desktop Monday, I can copy paste entire reservation with all fees/taxes for you. Just give me weekdates you are traveling, I can't do the entire 2013 calendar for you. You appear the only person considering Myrtle Beach

I provided exact dates for you in my post already. I am flexible. Can go anytime from 8/12-9/21.

Please let me know which dates are available during that timeframe.

Desktop out of order
Disclaimer
To be fair, Orbitz does get us down to around $90.

Maybe I'll get the $57 rate when I get back to my desktop after Sept 22. Goodluck hunting.

What do you mean Sept.22?? What are these silly remarks; you got nothing better to do? The $57 rate is currently available for many many dates. I'll PM wiseguy the exact dates he ordered, he is the only participant in this topic who showed any interest in going. So when he books, let him open a new topic and tell you all about it. I'm tired of this nonsense here, I got better things to do than argue with members who have no interest in actual travel

SinglePapa said:   What do you mean Sept.22?? What are these silly remarks; you got nothing better to do? The $57 rate is currently available for many many dates.

Where? I am interested in going and I even PM'ed you but got no response. I am with the others, I checked several dates in august and cannot find anything even close to $57.

Skipping 26 Messages...
fwratz1 said:   I can confirm now that this is a bogus deal.

All this guy sent me via PM is an alleged quote. Since then he has ignored my repeated requests to provide the exact instructions for booking this rate.

I have searched high and low but cannot find anything even close to this rate. It is therefore very likely that such a rate never existed and he simply typed up the numbers in the quote himself.

Despite the bashing he has been getting on this thread, I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt. Thanks for wasting a bunch of my time, singlepapa.

Having been on FW for a very long time, I know that in the past, people have been banned for posting fake deals. I would recommend the same but at the minimum, he should be given a stern warning.

OK, so I am the second person that SP has tried to "help". I thought I would also give him the benefit of the doubt, but, I was disappointed. I also asked repeatedly for specific booking instructions and he has adamantly refused to provide details other than let me know the rate is $380 for 5 nights, incl tax (which although is a good deal, is still higher than the supposed $57/night rate). Thank you SP for wasting my time as well.

SP, you post numerous "deals". But, they are not deals. They are basically advertisements for various "scam" companies and you want others to check them out and post the results. I have yet to see even one "deal" that YOU have posted AFTER you have taken part in the deal yourself.

This is a community. And we are here to help each other. But propagating "scams" and "deals" that do not exist or deals that cannot be accessed by the general masses is NOT in the FW spirit and should not be tolerated.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014