• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
At this time, the only August dates left at $56.51 rate for Traditional room are 15th and 22nd. Assuming no one wants one day stay, you may look to September, where 1st thru 6th is available! However, they suddenly shift you from Traditional room to Deluxe as the best deal: for 5 days it's $315, $381 all included. That's Deluxe room now. See on their website if there is much improvement in Deluxe option. If those (or later) dates interest you, PM me for any help. There are many dates available further out - but being a huge discount, one never knows when they may pull all rooms from the reseller.

Update: the above dates rest with wiseguy1100 and fwratz1 for now. If they don't want to go, they may re-post them to the forum - it's in their hands now

August 15th
Disclaimer

August 22nd
Disclaimer
SinglePapa said:   

At this time, the only August dates left at $56 rate for Traditional room are 15th and 22nd. Assuming no one wants one day stay, you have to shift to September, where 1st thru 6th is available! However, they suddenly shift you from Traditional room to Deluxe as the best deal: for 5 days it's $345, $381 all included. So that's Deluxe room now. See if there is much improvement in Deluxe option. If those or later dates interest you, PM me for exact instructions. There are many dates available further out - but being a huge discount, one never knows when they may shut it down

Attached are screenhots for 15th and 22nd. Both display lowest rates that are much higher than the mythical $56 you said you saw just an hour ago.

ETA: September 1-6 is $645.. so again.. BS on your part.

Lowest? DeGlass showed you $98 lower yesterday. And can show you $122 lower today. But what for, beats me...

SinglePapa said:   Lowest? Only DeGlass showed you $98 lower yesterday. And I'll show you $122 lower today. But what for, beats me...$98 was for Orbitz.. and he provided proof. This thread's "deal" is through Sheraton's website, and is for $56. By saying $122, you yourself are defeating your "deal" by a price that is 2x the "deal" in OP.

I don't even know why I am engaged in this conversation: this is twilight zone. I'll send the two people who "might" go the $57 quote for Myrtle Beach Sheraton Convention, and let them do whatever they want with it. The rest: keep looking for the rate = 30% of Sheraton rack rate on Sheraton website, because that's where it belongs

SinglePapa said:   blah blah blah

Someone once said: Empty vessels make the most noise

SinglePapa said:   this is twilight zone.Somebody's been smoking some bad weed.

SinglePapa said:   When I am at desktop Monday, I can copy paste entire reservation with all fees/taxes for you. Just give me weekdates you are traveling, I can't do the entire 2013 calendar for you. You appear the only person considering Myrtle Beach

I was looking for to this being posted on Monday.

OP, are you sure you're not selecting the cash + points option? I can get 55/night, if I also use 3,500 points per night.

Imbatman, my friend, you know me for great many years in Finance: I wouldn't post a wrong price. PM the guys I copied the entire reservation to, and they may copy it to you. Be firm about your dates (remember no weekends are included in the rate): this is fully pre-paid and non-refundable

SinglePapa said:   Imbatman, my friend, you know me for great many years in Finance: I wouldn't post a wrong price. PM the guys I copied the entire reservation to, and they may copy it to you. Be firm about your dates (remember no weekends are included in the rate): this is fully pre-paid and non-refundable

SinglePapa, I'm not going to PM other people to ask them to tell me what you said you were going to post in the thread.

I searched Sept 2 - the best non cash&points rate I can get is the government rate @ $84
I searched Sept 3 - the best non cash&points rate I can get is the government rate @ $84
I searched Sept 4 - the best non cash&points rate I can get is the government rate @ $84
I searched Sept 5 - the best non cash&points rate I can get is the government rate @ $84
I searched Sept 6 - the best non cash&points rate I can get is the government rate @ $84

I searched Sept 1-6, the best non cash&points rate I can get is $596 for the entire stay using AARP rate.
When I do cash&points I get Room Rate Total for your stay: 17500 Starpoints + USD 275.00

That's the only way I can get anything close to what you've stated in the OP. In the end, I cannot duplicate your OP without using cash&points.

imbatman said:   SinglePapa, I'm not going to PM other people to ask them to tell me what you said you were going to post in the thread.Dont both. He has posted no proof... while others, including me, have.
SinglePapa is all talk.. all B.S. talk..
Think about it: why PM two members when you can post a screenshot much quicker? Because those two PM's dont exist.. just like the $56 rate.

KayK said:   imbatman said:   SinglePapa, I'm not going to PM other people to ask them to tell me what you said you were going to post in the thread.Dont both. He has posted no proof... while others, including me, have.
SinglePapa is all talk.. all B.S. talk..
Think about it: why PM two members when you can post a screenshot much quicker? Because those two PM's dont exist.. just like the $56 rate.
Agreed.

I don't understand why SP posts these phony deals and then rants forever when the "deal" is questioned.

This is similar to his old "deal" of getting free food from Orlando supermarket dumpsters. Even after he was told that it constituted trespass, he attacked anyone who questioned the practice of dumpster diving for free food.

SinglePapa said:   Imbatman, my friend, you know me for great many years in Finance
just like the great many posts about imaginary trades from his great many years on the street, if there were even any actionable trades to begin with.

SinglePapa said:   Sheraton will never acknowledge existence of $56.51 rate for Traditional, and just 10% upgrade to Deluxe. They gave that to reseller, but of course will never show it on the website where they show $179.00In that case, show us ANYWHERE the 56.51 rate. It doesnt matter that you mentioned no website in OP, I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself now. Show us anywhere the 56.51 rate.

Not for mere show: I wanted a member to actually go. So the two members who thought they knew their dates - have the entire reservation for Sept.1-6 DELUXE ROOM $315.50 rate for 5 nights. I mentioned to both wiseguy and fratz that if their plans changed, then they should post it

Same goes for those who can't make their 3-nite free dates in LA, SF, Yosemite, Vegas - they should let me know. These are all exceptional opportunities, and shouldn't be wasted like that

SinglePapa said:   Not for mere show: ...Yes it is. If you are posting a deal in our forums, you need to post it in a public way that makes it available to all members. Please tell people specifically where to go and how to get the deal.

I can confirm now that this is a bogus deal.

All this guy sent me via PM is an alleged quote. Since then he has ignored my repeated requests to provide the exact instructions for booking this rate.

I have searched high and low but cannot find anything even close to this rate. It is therefore very likely that such a rate never existed and he simply typed up the numbers in the quote himself.

Despite the bashing he has been getting on this thread, I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt. Thanks for wasting a bunch of my time, singlepapa.

Having been on FW for a very long time, I know that in the past, people have been banned for posting fake deals. I would recommend the same but at the minimum, he should be given a stern warning.

fwratz1 said:   I can confirm now that this is a bogus deal.

All this guy sent me via PM is an alleged quote. Since then he has ignored my repeated requests to provide the exact instructions for booking this rate.

I have searched high and low but cannot find anything even close to this rate. It is therefore very likely that such a rate never existed and he simply typed up the numbers in the quote himself.

Despite the bashing he has been getting on this thread, I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt. Thanks for wasting a bunch of my time, singlepapa.

Having been on FW for a very long time, I know that in the past, people have been banned for posting fake deals. I would recommend the same but at the minimum, he should be given a stern warning.
Thanks for your feedback.

I agree that FW should ban SP for posting these deals that are confirmed as bogus.

His fake deals and thread crapping are ruining the forum for everyone.

I'm feeling like Galileo now. I will state that you can't book at $57. So the topic will stop. Of course, the truth is directly the opposite, and nothing at all was made up - but so be it. This was Galileo's choice, and history ended up treating him fairlyfwratz1 said:   I can confirm now that this is a bogus deal.

SinglePapa said:   I'm feeling like Galileo now. I will state that you can't book at $57. So the topic will stop. Of course, the truth is directly the opposite, and nothing at all was made up - but so be it. This was Galileo's choice, and history ended up treating him fairlyNo proof = You lose.

Actually, everyone's loss - but for everyone's sake it's better to lose a battle than a war. Enjoy your "victory"KayK said:   SinglePapa said:   I'm feeling like Galileo now. I will state that you can't book at $57. So the topic will stop. Of course, the truth is directly the opposite, and nothing at all was made up - but so be it. This was Galileo's choice, and history ended up treating him fairlyNo proof = You lose.

SinglePapa said:   I'm feeling like Galileo now. I will state that you can't book at $57. So the topic will stop. Of course, the truth is directly the opposite, and nothing at all was made up - but so be it. This was Galileo's choice, and history ended up treating him fairlyfwratz1 said:   I can confirm now that this is a bogus deal.

Galileo????

Gimme a break!

Try Bozo.

Mamzer said:   SinglePapa said:   I'm feeling like Galileo now. I will state that you can't book at $57. So the topic will stop. Of course, the truth is directly the opposite, and nothing at all was made up - but so be it. This was Galileo's choice, and history ended up treating him fairlyfwratz1 said:   I can confirm now that this is a bogus deal.

Galileo????

Gimme a break!

Try Bozo.
Stop clowning around!

KayK said:   Mamzer said:   SinglePapa said:   I'm feeling like Galileo now. I will state that you can't book at $57. So the topic will stop. Of course, the truth is directly the opposite, and nothing at all was made up - but so be it. This was Galileo's choice, and history ended up treating him fairlyfwratz1 said:   I can confirm now that this is a bogus deal.

Galileo????

Gimme a break!

Try Bozo.
Stop clowning around!
We need to keep this serious.

Pagliacci is a better choice considering the crying clown.

fwratz1 said:   I can confirm now that this is a bogus deal.

OK, so I am the second person that SP has tried to "help". I thought I would also give him the benefit of the doubt, but, I was disappointed. I also asked repeatedly for specific booking instructions and he has adamantly refused to provide details other than let me know the rate is $380 for 5 nights, incl tax (which although is a good deal, is still higher than the supposed $57/night rate). Thank you SP for wasting my time as well.

SP, you post numerous "deals". But, they are not deals. They are basically advertisements for various "scam" companies and you want others to check them out and post the results. I have yet to see even one "deal" that YOU have posted AFTER you have taken part in the deal yourself.

This is a community. And we are here to help each other. But propagating "scams" and "deals" that do not exist or deals that cannot be accessed by the general masses is NOT in the FW spirit and should not be tolerated.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014