Wanderu available to the public today

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
A startup called Wanderu, pronounced “Wander-oo,” is hoping to become the Kayak of motorcoach and train travel, a sector of inter-city transit that does not yet have a leading ticket aggregation site. Wanderu, which accumulated about 20,000 user sign-ups in private beta, is rolling out to the public today.

Wanderu closed a $2.45 million seed round early this month led by Alta Ventures, with participation from Orbitz.com Chairman Jeff Clarke, former Greyhound bus CEO Craig Lentzsch, and Drummond Road Capital Inc, along with a number of angel investors.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/12/to-match-the-growing-number-of-...

Member Summary

Wanderu
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"Many you meet on motorcoach travels aren't quite weird enough so we though a monkey would make an excellent company logo."

I get a virus threat warning on the FW link provided by OP. Here is the direct link to copy and paste:

http://www.wanderu.com/home/

1)I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials (updated database yesterday) and don't get any virus warning.

2) Mods reviewed the post/link and approved before it appeared in this forum.

3) Hope this new site helps contributors to FW Travel save money.

Alexsoccerboy said:   "Many you meet on motorcoach travels aren't quite weird enough so we though a monkey would make an excellent company logo."Funny.. because "wanderu" is Monkey in Gujarati language..

Looks like 99% of service is in the far east side of the US.

Any example of REALLY cheap fare?

SinglePapa said:   Any example of REALLY cheap fare?Another "quality" post by SP.

I am not shy to learn: has anyone seen a really cheap fare? We've seen many great offers from each bus co.; is anything spotted thru this engine.

SinglePapa said:   I am not shy to learn: has anyone seen a really cheap fare? We've seen many great offers from each bus co.; is anything spotted thru this engine.How about you reply to VBMcGB in the other thread?

It looks like what Busjunction used to be, plus Amtrak, and minus any of the Chinatown-based lines.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.