• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101032422 

will they honor those tickets?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yes. 

Man too bad I didn't hear about this til now, I need to buy tix soon

corpse101 said:   Man too bad I didn't hear about this til now, I need to buy tix soon

It only lasted about 15-30 minutes before shutting down.

I was surprised no FWers were not more keen on this (i.e. that it took this long to show up).

Last I read they were still considering canceling those tickets and not honoring them.

whalebone33 said:   they should cancel them it was a MISTAKE..its like if the bank deposits 2 million clams in your account by mistake,,ITS NOT YOURS !!
  kind of and not ... this is a pricing system mistake and not an individual account.  Just like if you went to the mall and bought a shirt that was priced at $1 but was supposed to be $10.

United honored all of the tickets that were purchased as part of this error.

I was looking at tickets on United about an hour too early. F***.

whalebone33 said:   they should cancel them it was a MISTAKE..its like if the bank deposits 2 million clams in your account by mistake,,ITS NOT YOURS !!

It is if you make a withdraw. Then a bank's mistake becomes the bank's problem.

Thanks for the info, bad for the company good for the consumers :}

They should honor the roundtrip fares, however the one guy that booked 14 and counting should get 13 and counting cancelled.

They will make it up with fees, I'm sure.
sukimeps said:    this is a pricing system mistake and not an individual account.  Just like if you went to the mall and bought a shirt that was priced at $1 but was supposed to be $10.

At $1 for a t-shirt, one could possibly argue that there was ample consideration.  At $0 for a plane ticket, I don't think so.  If they honor it... great, good for them.

Pylos said:   

It is if you make a withdraw. Then a bank's mistake becomes the bank's problem.

Do you have definitive experience with that? I heard a case where bank double counted $1000 deposit, customer withdrew, bank later showed $1000 negative balance, made a few letter demands, closed the relationship and reported to Chexsystems

This sounds to me like an "accidental" error that now EVERYONE is talking about. Nice marketing UA.

S182 said:   This sounds to me like an "accidental" error that now EVERYONE is talking about. Nice marketing UA.
  I disagree; as they are honoring this one. The one from Avis earlier this year was the despicable one

Some guys have already completed quick turns and some are flying today on these tix. Safe travels to all.

If an airline changes the price after booking, can they be charged a change fee?

sackoloot said:   If an airline changes the price after booking, can they be charged a change fee?

No. Airlines change their prices constantly. Once you are purchased and ticketed, you are done.

The big question is how did FW miss this while it was active! FW members would have booked every ticket for a year.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014