• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Has anyone used www.bookvip.com  to book a trip?

It looks timeshare items, but the website does not say.

I can find any reviews from tripadvisor or google.

Any information would be appreciated if you share your experience.

Happy fawalleting.

Ads by Google
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Hello I was trolling this thread to hear feedback about BOOK VIP and their packages. I saw an online banner of theirs ... (more)

FraudWatch (Jul. 07, 2014 @ 4:00a) |

Hello I was trolling this thread to hear feedback about BOOK VIP and their packages. I saw an online banner of theirs ... (more)

FraudWatch (Jul. 07, 2014 @ 4:00a) |

RANT ON BBB: Isn't the Better Business Bureau one of the biggest scams most people don't know about?

I have a shipping c... (more)

LArugby (Jul. 10, 2014 @ 12:40p) |

rated:
bookvip.com registrar whois
Updated 1 second ago
Domain Name: BOOKVIP.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2013-07-15 15:44:29
Creation Date: 2005-01-18 14:17:33
Registrar Expiration Date: 2014-01-18 14:17:33
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrant Name: Andy Small
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 2215 Cedar Springs Rd
Registrant City: Dallas
Registrant State/Province: TX
Registrant Postal Code: 75201
Registrant Country: US
Admin Name: Andy Small
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: 2215 Cedar Springs Rd
Admin City: Dallas
Admin State/Province: TX
Admin Postal Code: 75201
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.3187510249
Admin Fax:
Admin Email: email@yahoo.com
Tech Name: Andy Small
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: 2215 Cedar Springs Rd
Tech City: Dallas
Tech State/Province: TX
Tech Postal Code: 75201
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.3187510249
Tech Fax:
Tech Email: email@yahoo.com

rated:
Haven't used bookvip.com but just used booking.com and had my credit card info stolen by the hotel when they charged it that day. Apparently they just pass the info over to the hotel and there are no checks and balances to make sure it is used right.

rated:
I tried using Bookvip.com but they have very limited options. Not much of a range for destinations. And the site usability is also not so good.

rated:
We just got back from the Sandos Finisterra Resort in Cabo San Lucas with a vacation package purchased through Bookvip.com and have to say it was probably the best vacation we have been on yet. We had a beautiful room and everything about the resort was simply amazing. The beach was great and the free food and drinks the entire time was awesome as well! We also saved almost $2,000 off of the prices we were looking at on Expedia. Beverly from customer service stayed in touch with us before our trip to make sure we didn't need anything and gave us a lot of tips on things to do while there. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

rated:
Eh?

rated:
MikeThompson71 said:   We just got back from the Sandos Finisterra Resort in Cabo San Lucas with a vacation package purchased through Bookvip.com and have to say it was probably the best vacation we have been on yet. We had a beautiful room and everything about the resort was simply amazing. The beach was great and the free food and drinks the entire time was awesome as well! We also saved almost $2,000 off of the prices we were looking at on Expedia. Beverly from customer service stayed in touch with us before our trip to make sure we didn't need anything and gave us a lot of tips on things to do while there. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
Brand new member+
No other posts+
Salesman's vernacular=

SHILL!!!!

rated:
Buffalo89 said:   
MikeThompson71 said:   We just got back from the Sandos Finisterra Resort in Cabo San Lucas with a vacation package purchased through Bookvip.com and have to say it was probably the best vacation we have been on yet. We had a beautiful room and everything about the resort was simply amazing. The beach was great and the free food and drinks the entire time was awesome as well! We also saved almost $2,000 off of the prices we were looking at on Expedia. Beverly from customer service stayed in touch with us before our trip to make sure we didn't need anything and gave us a lot of tips on things to do while there. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
Brand new member+
No other posts+
Salesman's vernacular=

SHILL!!!!

Ding, Ding, Ding, We have a winner!
Johnny, tell him what he's won!

rated:
if you have nice books ,please tell us

rated:
if you have nice books ,please tell us

rated:
Could you tell me about the departure??? Im from Canada and the web site don't say where is the departure, I don'T want to give my credit card # without this information i think its important.
Thank you

rated:
Resort Vacations International (RVI) / BookVip.com

BEWARE IT'S TIMESHARE SITE!

http://www.vriresorts.com/

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11318196.htm

rated:
Why beware? We seek out timeshare offers. Take full advantage of good offers. Ignore bad offers.

rated:
DO NOT book with bookvip.com. It's a SCAM!!! No site will ask u for your credit card info in the beginning and ask to book without giving u proper info. It does not give you info on which airport you're going to departure or which one you're going to arrive at. No vacation details whatsoever. All this is a red flag to get robbed. If it's seems too good to be true then it's exactly that.

rated:
Yeah, good luck with that "good offers" by participate in the timeshare presentation. Oh please, tell us more about your timeshare experiences during your vacation, especially after when your "strong will" said "no" to all of their offers.  Also, let us know if you are happy with your timeshare purchase, property, maintenance fees, customer services, or re-sell (or try to GET RID) of your timeshare property, etc... If you are one of those that happen to be suckered into such good deals? Well enjoys your vacation.

rated:
I just booked a trip to cabo San Lucas using bookvip.  I was looking at Expedia, and the bookvip came up as a paid advertiser on the side of the Expedia site.  The deal sounds too good to be true.  Four nights at all inclusive 5 star beach resort in a junior suite.  The price is 399.00,  They did ask if our income was over 50k and we have to take a 90 minute time share tour.  I expect it to be high pressure, but I know how to deal with that.  It is at the sandos finisterra.  I haven't posted in awhile, but I was a frequent poster about Las Vegas.  I still use the 20 dollar upgrade every chance I can.  Learned that on this forum.  I will post my experience.  We travel April 10----15.  I booked my own flight.  After 90 minutes I am not obligated to give up any more time.  The whole idea of this "cheap" deal is to get you to buy a timeshare.  

rated:
Well, u should add arguably as much as $500 to your estimated costs here: I heard it from a fellow I trust that that's how much he+his got paid in cash for listening to one of these shpils somewhere in Mexico. The only reason I say arguably is that the $500 reward is likely not offered to just anybody. This guy owns a week at oceanfront Marriott FLL, and his net worth is in millions...

rated:
So as I wrote before, I have booked a Cabo trip For April.  I booked into and paid 399 for all inclusive 4 nights at Sandos Finisterra.  All was confirmed by email and my cc was charged correctly.  About a week later, I get a call from bookvip telling me that my arrival dates are unavailable.  I never could get an coherent answer as to why the date that I had booked and confirmed, was now not available.  They offered to book me into Dreams which is a more expensive resort for the same price.  I accepted their offer, but if am keeping my options open in terms of having a backup plan.  Please keep the heckling to a minimum.  I understand the risk.  I am simply keeping my fellow fat walleters informed.

rated:
I'm looking for a trip to Mexico, and bookvip is MUCH cheaper than everyone else.

rated:
If you forget to ADD the cost of attending presentation (reward foregone). One couple I know received $500 cash to attend a presentation, when they were in town NOT on bookvip

rated:
Their web site for booking is broken (came up with some php error).

We've done numerous timeshare presentations for discounts, so no worries.

rated:
We used BookVIP for our trip to Playa Del Carmen, near Cancun. It was our best vacation ever. We did have to attend a 90 minute presentation but it was painless. We would use them again if we could. Great deal!

rated:
We used BookVIP for our trip to Playa Del Carmen, near Cancun. It was our best vacation ever. We did have to attend a 90 minute presentation but it was painless. We would use them again if we could. Great deal!
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Brand new member+
No other posts+
Salesman's vernacular=

YET ANOTHER SHILL!!!!

These guys must really be sleazy if they keep having to resort to these bogus reviews.

rated:
I was very interested in who these guys were. They have no storefront or brand. Just a website, a website with a clock ticking down and trying to get your credit card. I went through the process and the final page, after providing your credit card, says that you are not guaranteed anything and must call them to confirm. That is when they hit you with the Timeshare presentation. I'm not saying these things are horrible. I'm very familiar with the industry and am happy to enlighten anyone that wants to know. The first "rule" of Timeshare is deception. Is it a good product for some.... yes. Is it full of sharks that prey on the uniformed and gullible people that have too much trust in human beings..... yes. That said, it can be a good way to save a chunk of change on a vacation. You just have to know exactly what you are getting into. These bozo's are an "Independent" Marketing Company. So they rely on having a contract with a Timeshare in order to "Fulfill" your vacation. So if you want to go to... say Las Vegas, and the Timeshare they work with says "Your people are not buying enough Timeshare so we are done with this relationship", now BookVIP (Or whoever they really are.... Andy Small and company) must find another company that will accept their people. There is a lot riding on your buying something and people are paid very well based on the whole concept of you buying Timeshare. Whether anyone here cares or not... I wanted to extend my input to the group, thus I joined. Anytime you run a Marketing Campaign and spend the kind of massive amounts of Money these goofballs are you have to play damage control. It is an expected and accepted fact that people are going to be pissed off. BookVIP is intentionally being deceptive and manipulative in order to get your information and credit card. Then they will hammer you on the back end about attending the presentation. Is this a scam.....? That is yet to be seen, but I can tell you that many of these "Independent" Marketing Companies have taken peoples money and never delivered. The two positive reviews are from their own sales people trolling the internet for all the upset people. Thats never a good sign. Just check with your states Attorney Generals Office. They will tell you all about it. Then check with the Attorney Generals Office for Texas, which is supposedly where this company is located. I hope this long rant helps somebody out there. My advise is if you want to get a Timeshare Deal.... Go directly to the Timeshare or find a reputable Independent Marketing Company. Not one that just popped up and is spending crazy amounts of money and using their tactics. I agree with Buffalo89 - These guys must be sleazy.

rated:
Beverly careful with these people they suck! I was asked do I travel with a credit card and I do but it is a card on my bank account and almost cost me about $2500.00 if I would not have caught it prior to my trip! As it is I am trying to save my flight (I already booked) and find another hotel we can stay to meet out airline tickets. Definite would NOT recommend this site for any reason and will put my name on it will tell everyone I know to pass on not using that site at all! 

rated:
Just a quick catch up....please read my previous posts for my story so far..  I am booked for 4 nights through VIP at Dreams in April 2014.  Total cost is 399.  I now have a confirmation email and my CC company has told me they will refund money if VIP changes resorts on me.  The real deal here is that you have to attend a timeshare presentation.  I was contacted by the timeshare company that told me I must bring valid ID and a CC to the presentation which will last 90 minutes.  I was told that I forfeit my reduced rate stay if I take any other timeshare presentation before my presentation at Dreams.  The total "reduced" rate for booking through Dreams is about 2100 for the four days.  With the paper trail, I am fairly confident at this point, that I do have a secured room at Dreams for the dates scheduled.  Now, as far as the timeshare presentation, I expect it to be a horrible grind.  I am a psychologist and I have provided counseling services to a number of timeshare salesmen (I live in a resort area with timeshare properties). I have asked about timeshare selling techniques and they tell me that "everybody" tells them they aren't going to buy.  Successful selling is about overcoming objections.  I've attended many presentations, and before I learned, I would be friendly and just tell the salesman why I didn't want to buy.  This then turns into a long drawn out affair.  Tell them you don't like the location...that's fine you can trade it.  Tell them the price is too high, they'll offer another "program" for you to get into.....and so on.   Here's what I do.  After listening to the pitch, I tell them I am not going to buy at any price.  I offer no reason.  They will try and get me to tell them why and I continue to say that I am not interested at any price.....and I continue to refuse to give a reason.  Remember, their main tactic is to "overcome objections".  I don't care if they get mad.  Remember, they are trying to separate you from a large chunk of money.   I will keep you guys informed of my experience with VIP.

rated:
This company is IMS, Interactive Marketing Solutions, Fun and Sun Getaways, or Resort Vacations International.  They have has over 150 websites in the last 10 years.  They are on TripAdvisor and the complaints are just starting to pile up. In 6 months this company will be gone and they will start another domain.  They have 2 Facebook sites that have 200k likes and 65k likes.  They are all fake just like the booking widget on their website.  A few other companies that they were are:  cancun5star, tripsdepot, bookvip, puertovallarta5star...  There are 150 plus websites!  They have an F rating on the BBB:  http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/travel-agencies-and-b... 

rated:
Dear Dbim,

I am one of the owners of Bookvip.com and we do have many brands and websites in marketing our timeshare promotions and we use them all. It is similar marketing strategy to other companies such as Priceline who owns Expedia and Hotels.com but obviously at a much smaller level as we specialize in travel promotions. We have the largest selection of travel promotions to Mexico due to the amount of vacationers we send each year.  Also, if you actually go to our Cabo Facebook promotions page, it’s very apparent with the thousands of comments the the likes are real as well as the many travelers that have gone nad have posted.   https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cabo-San-Lucas-Vacation-Promotions/298802136927776  If you do a simple search for something like “cabo vacation packages” you will see us on the first page of Google because we sell tens of thousands of packages a year right next to all the travel companies I listed above.  We are an internet company that specializes in online marketing with lowest priced packages, it’s not difficult to "like" vacations at a low cost.

Like any company, we are not perfect and we are always looking to improve.  The most difficult part in selling the discounted promotional packages are the terms and conditions that the resort sets as they are ones subsidizing the cost of the rooms for qualified customers to listen to their vacation ownership /timeshare presentation. Again, the rooms are discounted many times over $1000 in exchange of the customer's time and meeting the resort's qualifications.  Where most issues occur is where the customer tries to circumvent the resort's qualifications and the resort denies the reservation or where rooms become unavailable due to sold out dates in which we always refund the customer. One of the most difficult items we deal with is group travel as the resorts don't permit it with the promotion. All of these terms & conditions are disclosed on the site as well.  Each customer signs electronically the terms & conditions before we ever charge a customer.

You are definitely entitled to post what you feel but I do believe it’s unfair as we do offer a great service and product for our customers that want to save money. You may also email me directly at james@rvitravel.net.    Again, I appreciate your feed back and look forward to hearing from you.

rated:
Also, as a quick footnote DBbim if you follow your link to the BBB you posted, we do NOT have an "F" rating. We just are not rated as havent paid the for the "accreditation fee". You can clearly see the "F" refers to the BBB's Facebook plugin they offer not our rating.

rated:
I appreciate the feedback from James at VIP.  I have written about my booking with VIP and I am hoping everything is going to go smoothly.  I have committed to keep my FW friends informed.  My trip starts on April 11th for 4 nights. 

rated:
I truly hope that bookivip.com isn't a scam. I don't travel much due to paying for my child's education in this horrible economy. However prior to being married w/ kids; I vacationed often through a travel agent b4 internet. None the less in Vegas/florida n even on a cruise I was asked to attend the presentation at a very modest payment. Like $50.
It was often long and sometimes brutal. But w/ that being said the companies that persuaded or followed us around never gave us 50/70% off our trips. I also must say I called them tonight n I was extremely pleased w/ the help I was offered. (Regarding my child's age) n she also gave me another option along w/ immediately informing of the 90 min timeshare presentation as a requirement but by no means am I required to purchase. She also told me the name of the resort and said to look it up and to cb when I was ready. We need new passports- hence my fear of booking flights or hotels yet. She also informed me that there are deals often and if the dates I want are booked that they can assist me w/ locating a new one n truth be told she also informed me that if I do select the one I called on its valid w/kids under 12 but we could stay @ $141 per night extra. Yet she located an equally nice resort for about $100 less. I guess what I'm saying is you can't (unless you already had issues w/ this exact company n the actual owners or you were dumped after you didn't buy the timeshare or something like that) claim it's a for sure scam. I did ck the bbb though there isn't anything as of yet. I do feel they should make becoming accredited a priority. None the less - I look 4ward to hearing bout the dreams 4day @ 399 trip. If he does well. I'm sure most of us will. As of now I'm happy w/ my experience n haven't been forced to buy before I was ready which spoke volumes to me.

rated:
I recently booked a trip to Cancun with bookvip.com for my 10 year wedding anniversary in September. I'm so nervous about it because of all this negative talk. We have never traveled anywhere!...we never even took a honeymoon. I booked 9 days ago and my card has been charged...we paid $795 for 6 nights, 7 days. I still have not heard from the resort NOW Jade Riviera Cancun. I called bookvip.com customer service and I was told that they would send a follow up email to the resort. Not really very comforting. However, I will say that I feel like they have been very upfront with what is to be expected and the stipulations. We will have to pay a 19.95 resort fee per night....paid directly to the resort whenever they call supposedly. No group travel was clearly explained. 90 minute presentation will be on our second day...it will be a breakfast presentation. I just wish the resort would call and confirm all of this. I'm also hoping that we do not get treated poorly if/when we say no to the time share. I don't want our only vacation ever to be a bad one. Trying to keep faith that it will be ok. Very nervous.

rated:
Well, the good news for you is that my trip comes first (in April) I have a email confirming my "new" property.  I haven't heard from the resort yet.  I'm really not too nervous about this booking.  If they try and change the reservation to another property (again) my credit card folks have told me that lets me out of the agreement, and they will stand behind me in refunding the money.  Overall, I think the deal is legit.  Book-VIP puts people in properties at reduced cost.  The property then has a chance to make their money back from timeshare sales.  Rest assured my fat wallet friends.......I will let you know about my experience!

rated:
I am interested in pursuing a nice vacation through this site. I actually called the hotel I was interested in to see if it was a scam. I was informed by the VIP staff also(who I also called) that you will be charged 19.95 per day for gratuity. I was wondering is the price for 1 person or 2?

rated:
sharonny said:   I am interested in pursuing a nice vacation through this site. I actually called the hotel I was interested in to see if it was a scam. I was informed by the VIP staff also(who I also called) that you will be charged 19.95 per day for gratuity. I was wondering is the price for 1 person or 2?
  What did the hotel staff tell you when you asked them?

rated:
Hi James, I just booked my vacation with bookvip for April and paid online with my credit card. The phone number listed on your webside is not working. I try to call to confirm my booking but no answer. I hope you understand my concern. 

Lumi

rated:
Hi Sharon,

The 19.95 per resort fee is per night - it is a not a per person fee. Any other questions or please feel free to email me at James@rvitravel.net

Thank you

rated:
Hi Robilmnita / Lumi, our phone system is completely operational 888 849 8450, n 3/20 we did experience a few issues during routine phone system maintenance update, however, issue been resolved and all customers that experienced the issue we offered a $50 discount for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to email with any other questions james@rvitravel.net

Thank you

rated:
Why is it that these kinds of threads have so many first (and only) time posters (pro and con)?

Skipping 28 Messages...
rated:
RANT ON BBB: Isn't the Better Business Bureau one of the biggest scams most people don't know about?

I have a shipping company in Los Angeles, and they constantly called me to pay them some ridiculous annual fee. Damn near extortion to pay it to clear up a couple of complaints.

Not too long after that there was an excellent show on Dateline or 20/20 about the BBB. This is a for profit business and nothing more! The show posed as a business and were able to remove bad ratings by paying the fee. They were able to get an A rating for new companies after paying a fee. It also had interviews with companies who would not pay the fee and received bad ratings because of it.

Each BBB office is a money maker. It's not a govt agency. Its not a non-profit. The office in Los Angeles? On the show they said the President of the LA office of BBB was making $400K+/year!

Beware of anything from the BBB (especially if your a business owner).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014