• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just got this email from Marriott today and wanted to share for those that passively delete emails

ENJOY A SPECIAL TREAT: GOLD ELITE STATUS
We have news you'll love. As part of a select group, we have upgraded you to Gold Elite status for three months. As a Gold Elite member, you'll receive exclusive benefits including a 25% bonus on Marriott Rewards® points, guaranteed lounge access at participating brands, complimentary room upgrades, and free high-speed Internet access. 

To enjoy your Gold Elite status longer, stay* six times at a participating Marriott® brand between April 1 and June 30, 2014 and you'll maintain your Gold Elite status through February 2016. We took it upon ourselves to enroll you in this special program, so there's no need for you to lift a finger to enroll. Simply book now and enjoy your Gold Elite benefits. 

Sincerely,
Your Marriott Rewards Team

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What was your activity history with them over the past two years?

Last year I got the chase Marriott and stayed with them for about 12 nights plus 9 in Hawaii that did not count because they were part of a package deal from Expedia

anyone can get this at anytime- its called the gold challenge- u just have to call and request it- did it last year when i knew i would complete the challenge

sorry- program was discontinued abt 6 months ago- didnt realize

Does the wording, "six times" mean six separate stays or six nights -- any further explanation associated with the asterisk?

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent in the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

About 8 months ago, I called and requested a platinum challenge. I have ZERO stays up until the request but I was a former starwood platinum also i also have hilton silver. I hotel hopped and achieved the required 18 stays in 3 months. During that 3 months you are temporary platinum and once you hit the required stays you get to keep it for 6 more months so it was almost 9 months. I am not keeping up but I think I will lose the status next month. Though Starwood platinum is easier to achieve, Marriott platinum has more perks in terms of quality of service. Points though, Starwood's highest rated hotel  St. Regis is far far cheaper than Marriott's Ritz Carlton.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014