Mother of all Timeshare Freebie/discount thread

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just got back from Kauai, Hawaii and wanted to share the great savings we got by doing timeshares:

-Island helicopter, two people for (72+15 tax)*2 taxes included (about 50% off) : Shell Vacations (only 1 person required to attend for discount for TWO people if not married)
-Wholesale price on activity (~30% off) plus $75 off tour: Hanalei resort (get two people in for $150 off!)
-Embassy resorts, $100 off activity + 10% discount, only get $50 off if individuals also have 4 days/3 nights for ~$250
-Marriott resorts: $50 marriott money, can get special deal for $800 5 days/4nights in 1bdrm suite + free car rental
-Starwood resorts, 15k starpoints for doing tour, can get special deal on hotel stay

Tips:
1) find out who the timeshare people are and arrange the timeshare BEFORE you get there so you can group them all together or at least on favorable times
2) if you are travelling with your boyfriend/girlfriend but aren't married/living together and both qualify individually, push hard to get TWO separate tours. Instead of getting 1 gift, you get TWO gifts for the same time spent!
3) the discounted hotel stays are ok deals but you can find condos for less and aren't as budget limited
4) Kauai is generally expensive for activites but timeshares help and more or less painfree
5) Book activies in advance, lots were booked up by the time we got there

I hear Orlando is another mecca for timeshares. Anyone want to share?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Contact info??

google is your friend

mrmarshmellow said: [Q]google is your friend

Your post is incomplete. Substantiate your claims or return to lurk status.

Thoroughness is your deficiency.

RED.

Did you find a good deal on airfare getting there?

I'd also like more info contacts.

I would only recommend timeshare tours if you can handle 3-4 hours high pressure sales without agreeing to anything. Remember folks, timeshares are a ripoff. If you become convinced that you can't live without owning a timeshare, just remember that brokers resale timeshares at 1/4 the cost or less. Or you can probably find someone who will sign theirs over to you for free just to get out of the contract.

Also, before you sign up for one of these tours, think about what your vacation time is worth. Does it really make sense to sacrifice 3-4 hours (they'll probably tell you 2 hours but that is a lie too) of your vacation for something worth $75?

I have done several of these tour in the Orlando area. Personally, I would never attend another one of these things. It is just not worth the time and aggravation.

Timeshares aren't bad. Usually they give you about $100 for 90 minutes of your time. I never have it run over. Just say you just want the free gift and don't want to buy. "You bought one already and never use it" works pretty good. I've gotten out after 40mins when it was clear there was no way in heck I was going to buy.

If you make more than $75 an hour after tax then the timeshare deals aren't usually worth it for you. But I scheduled timeshares at 8am and was done by 9:30am. They give you free breakfast. Not bad.

As for contact info, like I told SoZ, google is your friend. Google search "kauai embassy suites" and you get this page http://www.kauaiembassy.com/resort/offers.html

Do the same for:
"hanalei resort kauai"
"shell vacations kauai beach resort"
"marriott vacation ownership kauai"
"starwood princeville resort"

Just ask the front desk of the said hotel for the timeshare offer people. I had the contact cards but discarded them after the vacation.

Regarding airfare, paid $199+tax=~$235/pp direct from Oakland to Kauai on suntrips.com

mrmarshmellow said: [Q]Regarding airfare, paid $199+tax=~$235/pp direct from Oakland to Kauai on suntrips.com

This is a very good price. I looked at their website, it seems confusing to me.
I can't tell what day flights are availble. LOL When did you leave/return from OAK?

I've booked quite a few regualr flights during the last few years, too.

Lowest fare seems to be $279.00 plus taxes explained below.
Prices exclude government taxes and fees of $4.50 Oakland PFC, $3.00 Hawaii PFC (HNL, KOA, LIH, OGG), $14.00 U.S. Departure and Arrival Taxes, up to $9.60 Hawaii segment tax.
Prices also exclude September 11th Security Fee up to $10.00 maximum roundtrip. For reservations within 14 days of departure, add $25 per booking. Government taxes and fees are per person and subject to change.

What type of aircraft did you fly. Have they been in business for some time?

thanks
Liz

Suntrips run last minute specials every so often so it can be hit and miss. Subscribe to their newsletter if you are flexible. They charter Ryan Air flights. I've flown them twice, once to Cancun and once to Hawaii. They were great both times. 737 jets I think. They even give you food and a movie unlike AA and Delta these days. They were early both times which is great!

Difference between $235 and $279 doesn't seem that big of deal - you probably pay $50 at a restaurant for 2!

mrmarshmellow said: [Q]Suntrips run last minute specials every so often so it can be hit and miss. Subscribe to their newsletter if you are flexible. They charter Ryan Air flights. I've flown them twice, once to Cancun and once to Hawaii. They were great both times. 737 jets I think. They even give you food and a movie unlike AA and Delta these days. They were early both times which is great!

Difference between $235 and $279 doesn't seem that big of deal - you probably pay $50 at a restaurant for 2!

Thanks for the info. 737 are small jets, like a mini 747, they'd probably hold
a maximum of 130 people. Thanks for the tip about signing up for their news letter.

I just booked another timeshare vacation:
-5 days/4 nights Orlando Caribe Royal http://www.cariberesorts.com/ 1 bdrm suite
-$109 but get $100 Cash Back for 90 min presentation
-dates worked out perfect for me
-Go to starwoodvo.com and call the number and asked for Orlando specials

I also booked the consolidated resorts to vegas deal covered earlier in this forum:
-$99 but $99 back after presentation
-3 days/2 nights
-called me back and said I could do any dates

Free! Free! Free!

Looking for 2 free Disney World tickets for doing a presentation. Please post if you have links. Timeshare deals are the best.

I have spent some time doing some research on the sites listed in this thread, and have found some decent deals. Anyone with recent experience they care to share?

melike2travel said: [Q]I have spent some time doing some research on the sites listed in this thread, and have found some decent deals. Anyone with recent experience they care to share?

How about sharing the deals you have found?

If you are in Vegas there are lots of timeshare deals. I agree with the person that does the 8:30 a.m. time slot. You are out by 10 and you have the whole day. The only thing is if you have a high pressure person you have to not let it bother you the rest of the day. We did 4 while we were in Vegas. One every morning at 8:30. Got to eat in really nice restaurants and saw some decent shows. It was worth the time. I use to feel guilty because I was preventing a person from getting a commission but I find that most sales persons have just started and this is on the job training.

Nancy1: Can you provide exactly what shows/restaurants you got free and where the timeshare was held/signed up?

We went to Wingate(somewhat high pressure) and did the Aladin restaurant which was fabulous. Fairfield(not as high pressure as Wingate but more than others) we got 2 free nights at Harrah's and a buffet to Bally's. We did Marriott(no pressure-only took 40 minutes)-we got 2 dinners and the show at Tropicana. We also did the Hilton(no pressure) and got 2 free dinners and 12,000 Hilton Honors Points. Did one downtown and got the Stratosphere dinner and the show American Super Stars. If I had to do it over I would have stayed at the Rio. They have 5 pools and the bus goes to the strip every 10 minutes. Harrah's only has one pool.

We signed up for Fairfield on the internet. We signed up for Hilton in Ceasar's Palace. We were stopped on the street for Marriott. Paris Hotel does a time share company that I have never heard. Adalian has a person from Wingate. Binion(downtown) and Venitian have the same timeshare company (can't remember the name of the company) We just went on the first day and made appointments for 8:30 a.m. each day. We are from the East Coast and we were awake anyway so this was no problem. You will never get to see Celine Dion or the Blue Man Group with the timeshare offers. It is usually not the newer shows.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014