Gone Gone Gone

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • 15 6 78959
  • Page
  • Text Only
will National match the rate of Alamo? I got a better rate through Alamo.

I am going to need a car for 2 weeks.. any class really. Renting from LAS VEGAS, NV airport, on 1st of January, 2005 until 14th. The best deal so far seen was $108/week total with charge 318.

I tried coupons with hertz, but nothing comes as close as the Alamo deal.Any ideas of getting that price under 200 ? I am open to everything.
thnaks for help!

polishruben said: I am going to need a car for 2 weeks.. any class really. Renting from LAS VEGAS, NV airport, on 1st of January, 2005 until 14th. The best deal so far seen was $108/week total with charge 318.

I tried coupons with hertz, but nothing comes as close as the Alamo deal.Any ideas of getting that price under 200 ? I am open to everything.
thnaks for help!

Most of the rental companies have holiday blackouts between 12/16/05 through 12/30/05, some longer... you might want to see what the rate is if you reserve pickup on 1/2/05 (instead of 1/1/05) as a reference....

Mid-West coupon (2-class upgrade) seems to be interesting, is it really working ? Do I receive directly my Midwest Miles number when I enroll to their Midwest Miles programs ?

What about Purdue Contract ID ? Do I have to be member of the Purdue University to get those rates (including a full LDW) ? Please advice, thx in advance

Thanks OP!

Just booked 12/29/2005-01/05/2006 @ LAX for $152.66 (Intermediate class) using 5760339 (Carlson Travel contract id) & 10009453 (BJ's coupon ID). Also used that Free Emerald membership I got before from here.

I'll update later if this is a success or if I got in trouble for using Carlson ID.

I ahve saved so much money from this thread and been driving premo cars for months now.

THANK YOU ALL and THANK YOU FATWALLET for keeping my wallet fat!

Used 5760339 and AMEX coupon 10009493 for 6 days from 12-25 to 12-31 for a Full size. When all was said and done it came out to $225.00 Beat Alamo's best deals by only $3, but I used the Free Emerald club link, so life should be easier.

(Note I spent way too much time doing this!!!!!! I don't know if saving 3 bucks is really worth it!!!!!)

Anyone have any Contract ID's that will work in 2006? None of them are making a difference on two different locations I have trips coming up in Jan. Help?>!?

As a FYI to people using some of these, we used the Carlson + upgrade on ours. Got to MIA this week, they asked for the vouchers. We said we didn't know what they meant, guy said ok. Go to return the car, they want $7XX instead of the $2XX on the confirmation. Got them to give it to us for the agree price but be careful - YMMV.

Thanks for everyone who posts information.

Just to give something back I used the NACDA code to rent a convertible from Orlando and return to West Palm Beach for 7 days for $175. All comes to $223 after tax and fees. No question asked when pick-up because of Emerald.

I just got back from Chicago... had the car from noon on thursday until the afternoon on sunday... paid $84 after all taxes... used the emerald aisle... painless... I will use National from now on... (carlson code plus a one class upgrade coupon)..

Thanks FatWallet!

Regarding the Emerald Club:
There is a $ 50.00 (U.S.D.) annual fee to join Emerald Club. This fee will be charged to your credit card that you enter below.

Thanks for the help

New 2 class upgrade from Northwest Airlines good thru 12/31/06: NU5

http://www.nwa.com/mall/offer/hotels/National_Triple.html

Essentially you have to book a compact and they give you a full-size car.

catleg said: New 2 class upgrade from Northwest Airlines good thru 12/31/06: NU5

Never mind...

Will be in Fort Myers Fl. area for all of March and till the middle of April. I don't have to have a car the whole time. What would be best way/deal to have one 3 or 4 days each week?

great thread, is is just want i am looking for

marsh1950 said: Will be in Fort Myers Fl. area for all of March and till the middle of April. I don't have to have a car the whole time. What would be best way/deal to have one 3 or 4 days each week?

marsh1950,

Best way is to pick up after 12PM on Thursday and return on Monday. The weekend rates are cheaper than daily rates and you can use free weekend day coupons that bring the cost down.

Szymon

Does anyone have codes for a Full Size Van rental?

Planning to rent a Van in Orlando late April and seems all of the Coupon Codes I've found are not applicable to this rental class.

Thanks.

where do the coupons come from?

marsh1950 said: where do the coupons come from?

The gods..

used the underage code in FL (once in Orlando and once in Miami), no under $25 fees and free loss damage waiver, saved a bunch of money there.

catleg said: New 2 class upgrade from Northwest Airlines good thru 12/31/06: NU5

Thanks catleg !!
Booked a Compact (free upgr to Full size) Miami intl airport March 5-9(Sunday to Thursday) for $133 incl taxes.

Just found a couple of interesting coupon codes at another forum. Anyone seen these and if so, where did they originate from:

FOR Two Free SUV DAYS use 10009780--

For Three Free Days Use 10009782--

Tried a sample res for a three day weekend using the three day # and price came up $0.00 plus $48. in taxes.

Interesting......

Wow...cool.

Pickup:
Friday, January 20, 2006
12:00 PM
Dropoff:
Monday, January 23, 2006

Base Rate - Standard SUV(USD)
(3) Time & Distance ($46.95/Day) $140.85
Discount Coupon Accepted ($140.85)
Rate/Product Code WBFD
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

For information on coverage products, ex:Loss Damage Waiver(LDW) click here

Subtotal $0.00

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees Concession Recoup Fee 11.11 Pct $0.00
XX Gross Receipts Fee 4.5 Pct $7.04
XXXXX Occupation Tax 4.00 Usd $4.00
State Tax (7.0%) $9.86
Subtotal $20.90

10pinr said: Just found a couple of interesting coupon codes at another forum. Anyone seen these and if so, where did they originate from:

Tried a sample res for a three day weekend using the three day # and price came up $0.00 plus $48. in taxes.

Interesting......

This is AMAZING!!!!

Where did you find these coupons? I'm sure I'll have to print them out to present when picking up the car.

The best rate I am getting is when I use the emerald club code (when I login as an emerald club member it's used automatically). Would be good to get the rate a little bit lower by using some coupon (% or $ off), but I can't find any coupon that will work in February for one day rental of a convertible with the emerald club code.

penaddict said: This is AMAZING!!!!

I found them on FF but with no explanation as to where they are from. That's why I posted them here, to see if anyone knows anything about them because I'm sure you will need the printed coupon for a deal this good.

im gonna try landing that offer on sat morning ill report back if i encounter any problems with frontdesk cs

although if i remember correctly- one of the perks of being an emerald member you can bypass the regular "checkout" lane inside and go directly to the parking lot pick your car and show the information to the parking attendant and drive off

I played around with the SUV code. I dont think I am going to chance it for our Vegas trip because I would hate for them to take that off and I have to pay a ton. I already got a full size car for around 45 bucks for a wkend.

Here are some codes I made up:
10009783 (Make a big discount off of full size and some others)
10009785 (Looks like another upgrade coupon)
10009786 (Looks like big discounts off full size, intermediate, and basic)
10009789 (another upgrade)
10009790 ($10 off?)
10009791 ($10 off?)
10009792 ($25 off NO length minimum!!!!)
10009793 ($10 off)
10009794 ($25 off NO minimum!!!)
10009799 ($10 off)
10009800 ($25 off NO min!!!)
10009804 (upgrade)
10009805 (10 off)
10009806 (25 off)

Ok, I am tired of entering these in.

It seems like they work up to like the 10009850's

**I should say that the contract ID was from my logged in Emerald account.

troutmd said: I played around with the SUV code. I dont think I am going to chance it for our Vegas trip because I would hate for them to take that off and I have to pay a ton. I already got a full size car for around 45 bucks for a wkend.

Here are some codes I made up:
10009783 (Make a big discount off of full size and some others)
10009785 (Looks like another upgrade coupon)
10009786 (Looks like big discounts off full size, intermediate, and basic)
10009789 (another upgrade)
10009790 ($10 off?)
10009791 ($10 off?)
10009792 ($25 off NO length minimum!!!!)
10009793 ($10 off)
10009794 ($25 off NO minimum!!!)
10009799 ($10 off)
10009800 ($25 off NO min!!!)
10009804 (upgrade)
10009805 (10 off)
10009806 (25 off)

Ok, I am tired of entering these in.

It seems like they work up to like the 10009850's

**I should all that the contract ID was from my logged in Emerald account.

I called National and asked about some of these codes. I asked where they came from and what we need to bring with us in order to get the discount.

The lady said 1 is from the PGA (I googled it and found this sign-up page) and 1 is from "NDTA door prizes" (google got me this PDF page, but I didn't see any mention of the deal).

Anyway, all the codes I asked about require printouts of the coupon, so it's highly YMMV.

OK, I'll be more specific...

I need to rent a Full Size (15-seat) van in Orlando the end of April from Friday til the following Saturday.

The cheapest rates I have are from National at $316.45/wk plus $63.25/day. LDW and Unlimited miles included. Can anyone find anything better than that?

The reason I ask, is that I can't find a coupon code that actually works. Either the car class is not applicable, or the rental is too long (?!?!), or the phase of the moon is waxing instead of waning....

Thanks in advance...

10pinr said: Just found a couple of interesting coupon codes at another forum. Anyone seen these and if so, where did they originate from:

Interesting......

I made a reservation using 10009782 and on my conformation email, the dicount was called "Aa Hospitality Awards". I am trying to google this to find a coupon, but no luck yet. If anyone finds any more info, please post to let us know.

minang said: Wow...cool.

Pickup:
Friday, January 20, 2006
Dropoff:
Monday, January 23, 2006

Base Rate - Standard SUV(USD)
(3) Time & Distance ($46.95/Day) $140.85
Discount Coupon Accepted ($140.85)
Rate/Product Code WBFD
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

For information on coverage products, ex:Loss Damage Waiver(LDW) click here

Subtotal $0.00

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees Concession Recoup Fee 11.11 Pct $0.00
XX Gross Receipts Fee 4.5 Pct $7.04
XXXXX Occupation Tax 4.00 Usd $4.00
State Tax (7.0%) $9.86
Subtotal $20.90

Interesting......

did u successfully pickup without any coupons?

Someone previously stated that the Emerald Club registration fee was sometimes free but sometimes it was $50. I tried to register this morning. First, I was going to have to pay $50, but then, I did a search under '"emerald club" national' and I clicked off of a link that provided source Code 1182 and it was then free. I thought this info. might help somebody else too.

Rental car pickup was a NO GO.

This coupon is a printed coupon, and so they will only honor it if you have it in hand. I am an emerald club member, and they did not allow me passage even though i went through the emerald aisle. The outer booth attendant simply called the inner office desk and they negged me.

So i left the car behind and walked away. YMMV everyone.

This was at Bradley Airport in Hartford.

Aa Hospitality Awards

Wouldn't this mean American Airlines Hospitality Awards? I guess you would need a certificate from AA.

• Archived From: ForumsTravel Discussion

• 15 6 78959
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014