Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • 153 54 55565759
  • Page
  • Text Only
calguy77 said: REQUEST

Rental in Chicago Illions, Midway Airport or Kansas City, MO, Downtown
Rental Days: 12/26-1/4
Pick up/Drop Off 10am

Hello all, I have been searching and searching for a good rental car deal for the past few week. Everything I find is in the 350-400 range. Does anyone have any ideas or ways I could get a cheaper rate. Thanks so much for your help

Using the free day coupon from vacationoutlet.com, you can get a compact car from Alamo for $231.34 total. This would be at Midway airport.

Using the $30 off coupon here, you can get an economy car from Hertz at their Kansas City downtown location for $241.94 total.

Szymon

TexDoc said: Is anybody coming across coupon codes for 2008? I need a car in January, but most of the offers are expiring Dec 2007.

Thx

Check my Hertz thread coupons. A lot of them expires on Feb 2008.

I have some Avis discount codes as well. Would be happy to share to anyone whom PM me.

Anybody rent from usave car rental? I have made a reservation for a toyota corolla(intermediate) for Oct 26-28 at 17.99 per days and $54 all inclusive location MYR. Is this a reliable car rental co.? Any reviews?

TexDoc said: Is anybody coming across coupon codes for 2008? I need a car in January, but most of the offers are expiring Dec 2007.

Thx

Alamo coupon works great with AMEX discount code - 7013604

Listed below are the terms and conditions for coupon code AD3829MRB:

1. $25 off coupon
2. Minimum 4 day rental required
3. Expires 30 jan 2008
4. Only one (1) coupon per rental
5. Not a valid with any other coupon or promotional offers.
6. Valid from a compact - to Minivan, SUV, and convertibles.
7. VALID FOR CAR CLASSES INDICATED AT PARTICIPATING
ALAMO LOCATIONS. SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY, BLACKOUT DATES AND CAPACITY CONTROL. MINIMUM AND
MAXIMUM RENTAL DAY REQUIREMENTS APPLY. WEEKEND RENTALS REQUIRE A SATURDAY NIGHT KEEP. WEEKLY
RENTALS MUST BE FOR 5 OR MORE DAYS. STANDARD RENTAL QUALIFICATIONS APPLY. MINIMUM RENTAL AGE
AT MOST LOCATIONS IS 25. CERTIFICATE VALUE DOES NOT INCLUDE TAXES, GOVERNMENTALLY AUTHORIZED SURCHARGES, LICENSE RECOUPMENT FEES, CONCESSION RECOUPMENT FEES (UP TO 12% US / 14% CAD), OPTIONAL LOSS DAMAGE WAIVER, OR OTHER OPTIONAL ITEMS.

Does tipping at Car Rental's airport location work for free upgrades?

I was wonderin the exact same thing! I know it works for hotels.

bargainholic said: I got PC980825 and CDP1757580 to work.

Note to newbies: You need to enter "PC980825" and 1757580 in the "CDP" area for this to work.

It looks like his rate will be about $67.00

If anyone can better this, PLEASE let me know!

The CDP code is very good. If you want go through the coupon, check first post of Hertz thread. What is this coupon again?

Hi there, we are looking to rent for a SUV in san francisco from 9 Nov to 12 Nov. Which rental company probably would have the best deal and which coupon should I use (and where should I pick up the car? SFO airport or downtown?? Thanks!

OhMan said: Hi there, we are looking to rent for a SUV in san francisco from 9 Nov to 12 Nov. Which rental company probably would have the best deal and which coupon should I use (and where should I pick up the car? SFO airport or downtown?? Thanks!

There is no one company that always offers the best deal. Due to rate fluctuations it's sometimes cheaper to pick-up downtown while other times it's cheaper at the airport.

What is the best price you found so far? Post the research you've done, and we can help you beat the price.

Szymon

Request:
Dates: Pick up - Dec. 24, Return - Dec. 28
Car class: convertible preferred, or anything cheap
Need underage fee waiver

I'm most interested in getting a working underage code for Budget since they have the cheapest rate on a convertible. I tried all the Budget underage codes posted on the first page but they don't seem to be valid. After I made a reservation using the Ithaca code, I called Budget to confirm that they said that the underage fee would NOT be waived.

I am looking to get a one way rental for Orlando airport to Port Canaveral as we are taking a cruise - I can get a good rate on the return but the car from airport to port is high due to the fact that it is the day before Easter 2008 - does anyone have codes for Avis (1st choice), budget, or thrifty for March 22nd??? I don't have my entertainment book yet - I know those sometimes work.

Thanks much
Leslie

lhook said: I am looking to get a one way rental for Orlando airport to Port Canaveral as we are taking a cruise - I can get a good rate on the return but the car from airport to port is high due to the fact that it is the day before Easter 2008 - does anyone have codes for Avis (1st choice), budget, or thrifty for March 22nd??? I don't have my entertainment book yet - I know those sometimes work.

Thanks much
Leslie

Using Avis and AWD G298100, I got a rate of $49.51 after taxes and fees.

OhMan said: Hi there, we are looking to rent for a SUV in san francisco from 9 Nov to 12 Nov. Which rental company probably would have the best deal and which coupon should I use (and where should I pick up the car? SFO airport or downtown?? Thanks!If you can go through SJC, car rentals at SJC are usually quite a bit cheaper than SFO or downtown SF.

thanks so much for the AWD code - do you know what the code is from???

Thanks
Leslie

lhook said: thanks so much for the AWD code - do you know what the code is from???

Thanks
Leslie

It is from Gevoha Ltd. They appear to be some sort of technology consulting group. I have used it a few times with out any problems.

Hey regs......ria / szy

My Budget code of U072405 has become non usable.....

Dollar has none available......

Looking for one day / way car rental from mco to jax 11/15/07 to 11/16/07

thanks much goye

I found one for 51.80.....myputer at work isnt working to well, maybe i should get back to work?

goye said: I found one for 51.80.....myputer at work isnt working to well, maybe i should get back to work?

I thought you booked the $51 Alamo deal you found before?

I see $49.35 from Alamo using VacationOutlet.com contract ID 698805.

Szymon

trusoulja2g said: Request:
Dates: Pick up - Dec. 24, Return - Dec. 28
Car class: convertible preferred, or anything cheap
Need underage fee waiver

I'm most interested in getting a working underage code for Budget since they have the cheapest rate on a convertible. I tried all the Budget underage codes posted on the first page but they don't seem to be valid. After I made a reservation using the Ithaca code, I called Budget to confirm that they said that the underage fee would NOT be waived.

Check the Thrifty code on the first page. It's good!

If you dont have AAA, and cant use Hertz; With Avis, I was able to get 734.36 after taxes - and you should be able to use the $30 off coupon.

I got the best price by bidding on Priceline.

Thanks szy.......I was down for a week or so and never got round to doing it.....i will soon as im almost caught up now.........

Hotel reccomendations for 2 night lumberton nc 11/13 - 11/15? I have Marriott under gov for 70.00 + taxes, anyone?

goye said:
My Budget code of U072405 has become non usable.....

The one way MCO-JAX prices out at $41.31 for a midsize with this code at Budget.com. Why weren't you able to use it?

Szymon

I need a truck/minivan/sports utility to haul around some furniture on, Friday Nov.2
Does anyone have suggestions?

24 yrs old
La Jolla, CA
Nov 2nd - one day

thanks for the help

soccerbud34 said: I need a truck/minivan/sports utility to haul around some furniture on, Friday Nov.2

24 yrs old
La Jolla, CA
Nov 2nd - one day

thanks for the help

Here is a 15% off coupon for Budget Truck Rental.

I recommend you rent a small truck as it will most likely be cheaper than going through a car rental agency and paying the underage fee.

Szymon

Acrossenger said: As always, if anyone want to sign up for fee-wavied Hertz #1 Gold program, just PM me.

Thanks, Acrossenger, for the link. Green for you!

Studio6 said: I have some Avis discount codes as well. Would be happy to share to anyone whom PM me.
Thank you very much for you code.
But I have tried a lot of different AWD already, they appeared to show the same price
minivan Dec.20-Jan.2nd in Ithaca, NY , the price is always $839
and I am really confused about the coupon number and AWD. Who can tell me how to use it?
It is said that it is deducted upon RETURN of the rental.
Does that mean the lowest price I can get is $839?

szy........discount props to you.....i was able to get on the budget site with that code when i made it home today......thanks for the savings......

Lumberton NC area Marriott for 70.00 with GOV rate 11/13 thru 11/15, anything better anyone????

thanks again......And i did book it!!!!!

OK, goye, I gotta ask-- are you a GOV person? My understanding has always been that this is one area where they do check. I'd LOVE to hear from others as to how well this has worked for them if they tried it. Please let us know how this worked out for you when you return!
You might want to see if there is anything in the area on PL. Check out Biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com to see what kind of rates there have been.

szymon said: soccerbud34 said: I need a truck/minivan/sports utility to haul around some furniture on, Friday Nov.2

24 yrs old
La Jolla, CA
Nov 2nd - one day

thanks for the help

Here is a 15% off coupon for Budget Truck Rental.

I recommend you rent a small truck as it will most likely be cheaper than going through a car rental agency and paying the underage fee.

Szymon

thanks Synmon

But "rent a small truck", do you mean renting a small truck from a car rental agency
or am I missing something here?

thanks

-soccerbud

soccerbud,

I meant from Penske or Budget Truck Rental. So a truck rental agency

But of course you should shop and compare and go with the best deal you can find.

Szymon

Greetings regs......szy....ria.....

Ria,,,,Ill get back to you with the info on the GOV rate, ive read and re-read the rules and it shouldnt be a problem for me as long as I remember to carry my ID cards. I opted for 2.5 star country inn & suites for 75.00 per + tax, Lumberton NC

Szy.....Curious if you know, regarding doing the dollar rent a car deal you / we found in RDU 2 days 97.00ish, I was checking my 2008 rand mcnally atlas and it stated that the RDU Airport car rental tax is 25.61%, checking my printed out confirmation / reservation, I dont see anywhere, where that tax has been added or if it will be added then and there???? Any input on that matter????

Thanks again and read you soon,,,,goye

goye-
Big fan here of Country Inns and Suites. FYI there is usually a fridge and microwave in the room, plus all you can eat breakfasts and free wifi in the lobby. And as far as that tax goes- it should all be there on your confirmation. Wanna post what the conf says and we can try to translate?

goye said: Szy.....Curious if you know, regarding doing the dollar rent a car deal you / we found in RDU 2 days 97.00ish, I was checking my 2008 rand mcnally atlas and it stated that the RDU Airport car rental tax is 25.61%, checking my printed out confirmation / reservation, I dont see anywhere, where that tax has been added or if it will be added then and there???? Any input on that matter????

Well your base rate is $76 and total is $97 so the difference is more than 25.61%. The confirmation should list everything individually such as:

COUNTY RENTAL TAX $1.25
CONCESSION FEE REC $7.60
STATE TAX $6.75
TRTA RENTAL TAX $4.18
VEHICLE LICENSE FEE $0.78

Your atlas probably just lumps them together.

The total of $97 is all you should be charged.

Szymon

anyone have issues with enterprise ETBX7B?

I'm getting this error today: (Rental must begin on or after 07/01/06 and end on or before 06/30/08.)

Thanks to all who helped with my original and the actual car reservation assistance. Unfortunately, my father-in-law had one visit to the City of Hope and passed away before he could implement any of the options offered.

Thanks so much for helping, I appreciate your assistance walking me through something I was totally unfamiliar with during a very stressful time.

kiasuchick said: anyone have issues with enterprise ETBX7B?

I'm getting this error today: (Rental must begin on or after 07/01/06 and end on or before 06/30/08.)

That is for weekly rentals only. If your rental is less than 6 days, use ETBX7A.

Szymon

is there a FAQ or existing thread on getting the best car rental deals? i'll be flying into Palm Beach about 10 times this winter and will be renting cars for 1 - 2 weeks at a time. i'm trying to figure out the cheapest route. have had success before using Priceline for single trips, but i'm wondering with 10 trips to the same place in a four month period if there might be a better approach. thank a lot for any advice.

• Archived From: ForumsTravel Discussion

• 153 54 55565759
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014