Gone Gone Gone

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • 155 56 575859
  • Page
  • Text Only
binaryinfo said: Hi, I am visiting Vegas from Dec 24 to Dec 29. There are 6 of us and so we need a minivan. I tried Carlson contract ID and it gave me around 380 in total. The unlimited mile is a must for our reservation. Could anyone have a better suggestion? Thanks a lot!!!

BTW: Could anyone tell me how the upgrade coupon work on the minivan? Thanks!

$356.52 total at Budget.com

Upgrade coupons do not work on minivans.

Szymon

i am renting a midsize vehicle from 11/16 to 11/25 for a total of 9 days from Avis.the base rate i got is $280 with taxes etc coming to $347.90.is there a better rate i can get.please help.
used AWD G298100
coupon UUWA062

helpmezz said: i am renting a midsize vehicle from 11/16 to 11/25 for a total of 9 days from Avis.the base rate i got is $280 with taxes etc coming to $347.90.is there a better rate i can get.please help.
used AWD G298100
coupon UUWA062

Where are you renting from

Szymon

szymon said: helpmezz said: i am renting a midsize vehicle from 11/16 to 11/25 for a total of 9 days from Avis.the base rate i got is $280 with taxes etc coming to $347.90.is there a better rate i can get.please help.
used AWD G298100
coupon UUWA062

Szymon

jersey city,NJ

szymon said: Amalan,

That's new - I never saw that before. They did not require the coupon in the past.

Are you renting off-airport? Is the $215 the total with taxes?

Szymon

its local and im sorry its 229.86 with taxes i didnt see that part. but this link
http://www.Enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=028&refId=ETCITY&arc=ETCITY&cnty=US&language=EN

gives you the same rates without the coupon so im just going to use this link

I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I haven't found a good answer yet.)

I need to rent a car over the Thanksgiving weekend (Fri Nov 23 - Mon Nov 26) in the SF Bay Area, and I've found some great coupons through Costco.com and the Entertainment book but they all seem to be blacked out for that period.

Does anyone know of any coupons that will work over the Thanksgiving weekend for a weekend rental?

Thanks!

mullah said:

Does anyone know of any coupons that will work over the Thanksgiving weekend for a weekend rental?

Thanks!

Looks like National free weekend day coupon works at the O'Farrell Street location for your dates.

Szymon

I'm looking to rent a car at Miami Intl Airport on Nov 29, returning it on Dec 2. Best rate I've been able to come up with so far is 121.38 for intermediate (Pontiac G6) through Avis. This doesn't take into account the free weekend day coupon as it won't be applied until I get to the counter. I don't like not knowing if the coupon will apply until I get there though. Can anyone suggest a better rate that is guaranteed to work?
Thanks.

Hi all. I traveled to Las Vegas for 7 days and got an awesome deal using mlhm5's codes. I thought I'd pass along the following info in case anyone else is interested:

I am 24 years old so I was looking for a way to waive the under-25 fee. At first I booked though National with the CalTech code (5003447). After making the reservation I emailed National to confirm if my registration would waive the under-25 fee ($25 per day!) and the reply was that it DID NOT WAIVE THE FEE. The specific reply from the National representative was: "The ID number I have for Caltech is not showing that it waives the underage fee. At our Las Vegas airport location the underage fee is $25 per day." I canceled the reservation and tried again...

The second time around I tried the Ithaca code (5002341). This code worked ... the under 25-fee WAS WAIVED. In similar fashion, I emailed National to confirm and the response was: "Renters 21-24 are eligible to rent. The young renter fee will not apply to contracted products. As long as you rent with your corporate rate the young renters fee will be waived." Good to go!

So, I signed up for Emerald Club using the Big 10 code (it was free to sign up). Then, using my Emerald ID, I used the Ithaca code to reserve the car rental (plus one of the $30-off weekly rental coupons). My final price for a 1-week rental from Las Vegas was $207 (which I think is an awesome price for someone under 25).

When I arrived to pick up the car, I was never asked to prove that I was traveling on behalf of Ithaca (in fact, the corporate code never even came up in conversation!) nor was I asked to present a printed version of the $30-off coupon. I did have to double-confirm the final price with the lady at the desk since they had it marked as $260 - but she realized it was a mistake on their end and changed it to my reserved price of $207.

1 week later when I dropped off the car, everything went smoothly and my final price was $207.

As a bonus, being a Emerald Club member I was also upgraded from a economy car to a mid-size (they gave me a Toyota Prius!!) for free. I drove 1001.5 miles on $50 of gas.

mlhm5, THANK YOU for posting this information. It helped me save hundreds of dollars on my rental!

Hi there,

I am planing to go to LV from Dec. 17 to 24 for 7 days. Pick up at LAS at 9pm and return at 6pm. I was trying the $35 off coupon ND2119071Q in National, but it shows that the coupon will be expired during my rental. So is this code expired in Dec. 31 or 15? I am doubting 15th now....

Anyway, I used the Carson Contract ID and the $20 off weekly rental code in National instead and got the final price for a Pontiac G6 for $165 in total. Is this price good enough? Except for the $20 off weekly rental code, is there any other $30 off or one day free code that's available during my rental period?

Thanks,

cherrychen said:
Except for the $20 off weekly rental code, is there any other $30 off or one day free code that's available during my rental period?

Thanks,

I am also renting during this period and found the $20 off to be the best. At your rate a free day would be less than $20.

Szymon

Bonecutter said: I'm looking to rent a car at Miami Intl Airport on Nov 29, returning it on Dec 2. Best rate I've been able to come up with so far is 121.38 for intermediate (Pontiac G6) through Avis. This doesn't take into account the free weekend day coupon as it won't be applied until I get to the counter. I don't like not knowing if the coupon will apply until I get there though. Can anyone suggest a better rate that is guaranteed to work?
Thanks.

$80.04 from National using this coupon.

Szymon

helpmezz said: szymon said: helpmezz said: i am renting a midsize vehicle from 11/16 to 11/25 for a total of 9 days from Avis.the base rate i got is $280 with taxes etc coming to $347.90.is there a better rate i can get.please help.
used AWD G298100
coupon UUWA062

Szymon

jersey city,NJ

could you tell me if there's a better rate.thanx

I printed out 2 Budget coupons from the links on the first page, 1 for USAA customers for $20 and 1 for $25 from Rentalcarmomma. But I have my own corporate BCD code I want to use. Should I just mark out the BCD code shown on the coupon or does Budget know you want to use a difference one? Also does anyone know of any other printable coupons for a specified amt off a weekly rental? Thanks

szymon said: Bonecutter said: I'm looking to rent a car at Miami Intl Airport on Nov 29, returning it on Dec 2. Best rate I've been able to come up with so far is 121.38 for intermediate (Pontiac G6) through Avis. This doesn't take into account the free weekend day coupon as it won't be applied until I get to the counter. I don't like not knowing if the coupon will apply until I get there though. Can anyone suggest a better rate that is guaranteed to work?
Thanks.

$80.04 from National using this coupon.

Szymon

That's great, thank you! Going to book it now.

I'm planning a mini van rental from 11/17 - 11/25 (8 days) and the best rate I got was $350.04 from Thrifty through CarRentals.

I've looked at National, Alamo, Enterprise, Hertz and did not find anything better. Here's the Orbitz search (link.)

Can someone please help me find a better rate? Thanks!

Bonecutter said: I'm looking to rent a car at Miami Intl Airport on Nov 29, returning it on Dec 2. Best rate I've been able to come up with so far is 121.38 for intermediate (Pontiac G6) through Avis. This doesn't take into account the free weekend day coupon as it won't be applied until I get to the counter. I don't like not knowing if the coupon will apply until I get there though. Can anyone suggest a better rate that is guaranteed to work?
Thanks.

$74.65 for a Midsize on Alamo.com using coupon ID AD395OL2VN - $15 off weekends and AMEX contract ID 7013604.

goodnessgracious said:
$74.65 for a Midsize on Alamo.com using coupon ID AD395OL2VN - $15 off weekends and AMEX contract ID 7013604.

I'd pay the $6 more from National to be able to skip the counter and choose any car from the Emerald Aisle. That way you may get a bigger car for the midsize rate.

Szymon

meetkeyur said: I'm planning a mini van rental from 11/17 - 11/25 (8 days) and the best rate I got was $350.04 from Thrifty through CarRentals.

Can someone please help me find a better rate? Thanks!

Location?

Szymon

Location is LAX. sorry

Ive been trying to get a good one-way rate for weeks now. I want to travel from Calgary airport on 12/26 to Kelowna airport on 1/7 with a fullsize car. The best deal I can find is $663 with the westjet contract id 3711440. They also want to charge $0.25 per km! Does anyone know an unlimited mileage coupon or some other way to get cost down?

Thanks

This deal was with National Car rental

Hi!
I booked my trip via www.usa.visa.com . My trip in Vegas is december 16 to december 23 and it's for 8 days total. I saved a lot of money with visa but you must pay with a visa card. For the 8 days it cost me 143$ for a mid-size car (pontiac g6) and i looked what the price would have been for a week and it's around 20$ less. The deal is with Alamo and you click on the visa coupon on the web site (really easy) and they will redirect you on alamo website.

Can any one advise me which rental company to get the best deal for a 8-day rental for a 12-seater van? I am picking up the rental in Redlands CA or Colton CA for a family trip to Vegas December 2-10. Thanks.

see

Can any one advise me which rental company to get the best deal for a 8-day rental for a 12-seater van? I am picking up the rental in Redlands CA or Colton CA for a family trip to Vegas December 2-10. Thanks.

see.

meetkeyur said: Location is LAX. sorry

$334.52 from Dollar using Vacation Outlet code VO5013
If you have an AMEX, Dollar.com has an additional $25 off coupon which you print and they will deduct at time of pickup.

Szymon

mira66 said: Hi!
I booked my trip via www.usa.visa.com . My trip in Vegas is december 16 to december 23 and it's for 8 days total. I saved a lot of money with visa but you must pay with a visa card. For the 8 days it cost me 143$ for a mid-size car (pontiac g6) and i looked what the price would have been for a week and it's around 20$ less. The deal is with Alamo and you click on the visa coupon on the web site (really easy) and they will redirect you on alamo website.

Use the VacationOutlet.com code 698805 (don't have to pay with Visa) and the $20 off coupon on alamo.com, and get the same car for $134.

Szymon

I originally booked a car through www.southwest.com for 3 days from Alamo for $110 (after tax!) in Sacramento. This was for a mid-size (Pontiac G6 or similar) car, but the total did not include any surcharge for me being 24 years old.

I used the Big 10 code, and another coupon, and got the same 3 days for $165 including all taxes and a full-size (not that I care). I am sure there can be a better deal had, but I spent at least 90 minutes trying to no avail. The $165 does waive the 21-24 surcharge, but even Alamo with the surcharge was ~$185, only $20 more than National.

Anyone have some recommendations?

malakaizz said: Hi all. I traveled to Las Vegas for 7 days and got an awesome deal using mlhm5's codes. I thought I'd pass along the following info in case anyone else is interested:

I am 24 years old so I was looking for a way to waive the under-25 fee. At first I booked though National with the CalTech code (5003447). After making the reservation I emailed National to confirm if my registration would waive the under-25 fee ($25 per day!) and the reply was that it DID NOT WAIVE THE FEE. The specific reply from the National representative was: "The ID number I have for Caltech is not showing that it waives the underage fee. At our Las Vegas airport location the underage fee is $25 per day." I canceled the reservation and tried again...

Thanks so much for the Trip Report. I gave you green and would give you more if I could. It's really nice when someone comes back with a report of how their rental went. When people (especially Szymon! wow-- you are really going the extra mile) go out of their way to spend the time to help a person, they are owed at least that.. and we all benefit from the reports. So-- keep those trip reports coming!

Thanks szymon, but I'm not getting that rate on the website. Says promotion code is not valid for this location and dates. Can you send me a direct link? Thanks!

I'm looking for a rental from ATL 11/18-23 for four adults and one child. The best I could come up with is a mid-size (Emerald Aisle) from National for $194 using contract ID 5063773 and $20 coupon ND5050ODZ. Any thoughts? Any help on a better deal?

szymon said: mira66 said: Hi!

Use the VacationOutlet.com code 698805 (don't have to pay with Visa) and the $20 off coupon on alamo.com, and get the same car for $134.

Szymon

Thanks Szymon, I used these two code and make my Dec 17-24 LAS rental to a total of $115!! I believe it should be the lowest I can get. Besides, I would like to use their new Alamo self-service kiosk. See if it could let me really pass the counter!

Hey guys,

I am going to be renting a car from BWI on 11/16 and returning it on 11/18. The cheapest price I can get is 49.90 + tax and fees for a midsize car through national. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

meetkeyur said: Thanks szymon, but I'm not getting that rate on the website. Says promotion code is not valid for this location and dates. Can you send me a direct link? Thanks!

It's not a promotion code. It's a corporate code you put in on the front page of dollar.com

Szymon

kazanjig said: I'm looking for a rental from ATL 11/18-23 for four adults and one child. The best I could come up with is a mid-size (Emerald Aisle) from National for $194 using contract ID 5063773 and $20 coupon ND5050ODZ. Any thoughts? Any help on a better deal?

Using those exact codes, I get $274 on Nationalcar.com. So I think you got a great deal.

Szymon

dyn0 said: Hey guys,

I am going to be renting a car from BWI on 11/16 and returning it on 11/18. The cheapest price I can get is 49.90 + tax and fees for a midsize car through national. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Are you a AAA member? Using the $25 off coupon 107181 and your AAA code, you can get a midsize for $57.85 total from Hertz.

Szymon

Many of the Avis rates on the main page are expiring by the date that I am planning my rental. The lowest rate I have found so far is the Alamo deal for Orlando In'l Air. (MCO) from $145.88 (total after taxes, no insurance) for a compact car from the period Dec. 14-Dec. 23 (noon-to-noon), 2007. I know there's a coupon on the main summary, however, I was wondering if someone had any better coupons or deals for MCO that are not yet posted.

Thanks.

(1) Time & Distance ($80.66/Week) $80.66
(2) Extra - Time & Distance ($11.69/Day) $23.38
Contract I.D. 308543

EDIT: Ok, I got it reduced to $130.58; maybe the following will help someone:

(1) Time & Distance ($84.89/Week) $84.89
(2) Extra - Time & Distance ($14.15/Day) $28.30
Discount ($11.32)
Discount Coupon Accepted ($10.92)
Contract I.D. 7012169
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

For information on coverage products, ex:Collision Damage Waiver(CDW) click here

EDIT AGAIN:>>> Using Coupon Code: 7013604 (AMEX) and Coupon AD3829MRB ($25 off weekly), I'm getting a phenomenal rate of $98.39 (inclusive) for the compact car! I can't find the physical coupon, but maybe they'll give it to me anyways.

szymon said: dyn0 said: Hey guys,

Thanks!!

Are you a AAA member? Using the $25 off coupon 107181 and your AAA code, you can get a midsize for $57.85 total from Hertz.

Szymon

Yes I sure am. What do you mean AAA code? How do I go about doing it exactly? Where do I enter the AAA code?

Thanks!!!

kinsuns said: Many of the Avis rates on the main page are expiring by the date that I am planning my rental. The lowest rate I have found so far is the Alamo deal for Orlando In'l Air. (MCO) from $145.88 (total after taxes, no insurance) for a compact car from the period Dec. 14-Dec. 23 (noon-to-noon), 2007. I know there's a coupon on the main summary, however, I was wondering if someone had any better coupons or deals for MCO that are not yet posted.

Thanks.

(1) Time & Distance ($80.66/Week) $80.66
(2) Extra - Time & Distance ($11.69/Day) $23.38
Contract I.D. 308543

That's dirt cheap -- you got some deal. For Orlando area deals, my suggestion is to visit Mousesavers.com and www.disboards.com, in the Transportation forum. Hundreds of folks making the same plans you are and all happy to share their info. Check it out.

szymon said: kazanjig said: I'm looking for a rental from ATL 11/18-23 for four adults and one child. The best I could come up with is a mid-size (Emerald Aisle) from National for $194 using contract ID 5063773 and $20 coupon ND5050ODZ. Any thoughts? Any help on a better deal?

Using those exact codes, I get $274 on Nationalcar.com. So I think you got a great deal.

Szymon

VERY INTERESTING. It points out a few things I keep mentioning-- 1)that prices can change by the moment, so people should keep checking on their own and 2) I wonder if you stuck with the default pickup time of noon and the kazanjig had a different time?

I have noted before that it makes sense to try different pickup times- for some reason, the default of noon sometimes produces a higher price than other pickup times. It also MAY make a difference if you log into your Emerald Aisle member page before you start making the res.

riaesq said: szymon said: kazanjig said: I'm looking for a rental from ATL 11/18-23 for four adults and one child. The best I could come up with is a mid-size (Emerald Aisle) from National for $194 using contract ID 5063773 and $20 coupon ND5050ODZ. Any thoughts? Any help on a better deal?

What about that $35 coupon that is supposed to expire on 12/15? It's here somewhere-- take a look thru the thread.

• Archived From: ForumsTravel Discussion

• 155 56 575859
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014