Gone Gone Gone

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • 15556 57 5859
  • Page
  • Text Only
riaesq said:
I wonder if you stuck with the default pickup time of noon and the kazanjig had a different time?

I thought of the same thing and actually tried both noon, and 9PM with the same result.

Totally agree that prices can change all the time as was written about in USAToday.

Szymon

dyn0 said: Yes I sure am. What do you mean AAA code? How do I go about doing it exactly? Where do I enter the AAA code?

Thanks!!!

AAA code is your 3 digit club code - for example central NJ code is 212, Hartford code is 7. You can find yours on your AAA card.

You enter it on hertz.com under the CDP field.

Szymon

kinsuns said:
EDIT: Ok, I got it reduced to $130.58; maybe the following will help someone:

Use the $20 off coupon instead of the free day coupon. The $20 off is on Alamo.com

Then your total for the compact will be $119.96

Szymon

szymon said: dyn0 said: Yes I sure am. What do you mean AAA code? How do I go about doing it exactly? Where do I enter the AAA code?

Thanks!!!

AAA code is your 3 digit club code - for example central NJ code is 212, Hartford code is 7. You can find yours on your AAA card.

You enter it on hertz.com under the CDP field.

Szymon

Great!

Thanks so much!

just booked it!

Hey guys...

I am trying to get 11/23-11/29 (5 days), in Phoenix, for 4 adults and 2 kids. Best I could find is a van by Payless for 250.00 all included. I have AMEX. Any way to beat that, please? TIA.

DeelBoy said: Hey guys...

I am trying to get 11/23-11/29 (5 days), in Phoenix, for 4 adults and 2 kids. Best I could find is a van by Payless for 250.00 all included. I have AMEX. Any way to beat that, please? TIA.

If you go with Payless make sure you read their mileage policy and their reservation hold policy.

Szymon

Hi,

I read from somewhere here. Someone said that Thrifty & Payless have "extra" fees. I just reserved one for my Vegas trip next month. Anyone has an experience how they charge for those fees? If they do, I'll cancel and book at Dollar or Alamo instead.

Thanks!

THanks

dyn0 said: Hey guys,

I am going to be renting a car from BWI on 11/16 and returning it on 11/18. The cheapest price I can get is 49.90 + tax and fees for a midsize car through national. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Using contract ID 7013604 AMEX and coupon code AD395OL2VN you can get a midsize from Alamo for $36.35 inc. taxes and fees.

1:00 PM pickup; 12:00 PM dropoff. Logged into my Emerald Club account first. I haven't actually booked yet, and I'm still getting the same $194 quote. I tried the $35 coupon, but it requires a Saturday night, which I don't have.

szymon said: riaesq said:
I wonder if you stuck with the default pickup time of noon and the kazanjig had a different time?

I thought of the same thing and actually tried both noon, and 9PM with the same result.

Totally agree that prices can change all the time as was written about in USAToday.

Szymon

kazanjig said: 1:00 PM pickup; 12:00 PM dropoff. Logged into my Emerald Club account first. I haven't actually booked yet, and I'm still getting the same $194 quote. I tried the $35 coupon, but it requires a Saturday night, which I don't have.

Szymon

that could be it right there-- logging in.

i've been going crazy trying to find a good deal for louisville, ky from 11/18-12/15. i'm looking for an economy car and haven't found anything cheaper than enterprise for $595. the prices haven't gone down at all in 2 weeks. any ideas?

"i've been going crazy trying to find a good deal for louisville, ky from 11/18-12/15. i'm looking for an economy car and haven't found anything cheaper than enterprise for $595. the prices haven't gone down at all in 2 weeks. any ideas? "

Check biddingfortravel and betterbidding to see what cars have been going for there on PL and HW. That'll give you a good baseline.

Have you checked for Last Minute Specials on National and Hot Deals on Alamo? Can you rent from a Local Place instead of at the Airport? especially since you will be there so long? Just FYI, renting from National Local here in NJ costs about half of the airport price.

But, that said--that's not a bad price for 4 weeks.

Yes, but is there any better deal, Szymon?

szymon said: DeelBoy said: Hey guys...

If you go with Payless make sure you read their mileage policy and their reservation hold policy.

Szymon

Sonofabitch... I just went to book it and it jumped to $274. Time to try Priceline.

EDIT:
Booked using 7890092 and coupon NF1042DDC for $205 with Full LDW. Not too bad. I'll still try Priceline tomorrow.

kazanjig said: 1:00 PM pickup; 12:00 PM dropoff. Logged into my Emerald Club account first. I haven't actually booked yet, and I'm still getting the same $194 quote. I tried the $35 coupon, but it requires a Saturday night, which I don't have.

Szymon

kazanjig said: Sonofabitch... I just went to book it and it jumped to $274.

Does that mean my web browser can predict the future Strange.

If you're a AAA member you can get a Sonata from Hertz for $170.49 total using your AAA club code and the $45 off coupon on hertz.com

Szymon

Yeah, the only problem is I was banking on using Emerald Aisle to get a full size. I'm not sure if a Sonata will be big enough for 4 adults, a child in a car seat, and all our luggage.

szymon said: kazanjig said: Sonofabitch... I just went to book it and it jumped to $274.

Does that mean my web browser can predict the future Strange.

If you're a AAA member you can get a Sonata from Hertz for $170.49 total using your AAA club code and the $45 off coupon on hertz.com

Szymon

use AMEX card Contract ID: 7013604, it can be further reduced to 104 after tax.

Can anyone help me with the orlando airport MCO rent from 12/17-12/25.
The cheapest one I can find is $200 from alamo with the code above.
Why is it so expensive? Due to the christmas week?
Can anyone help me out?

szymon said: kinsuns said:
EDIT: Ok, I got it reduced to $130.58; maybe the following will help someone:

Use the $20 off coupon instead of the free day coupon. The $20 off is on Alamo.com

Then your total for the compact will be $119.96

Szymon

If I use the AMEX 7013504 and Coupon Code AD395OL2VN to book the car in Alamo, do I need to bring any coupon when I pick up the car? Is so, where can I find the coupon?

where do I even start with all these codes ive been trying a bunch of combinations best I could do for 12/11/07-12/16/07 is $178.68 in lihue, kauai(LIH) including all charges for a midsize. Anyone want to help me out get a better deal.

Hi guys, I just got a question for the car rental at Hertz through Priceline/Hotwire. As the car rental is prepaid, can I still use my hertz Gold membership to get additional benefits such as free 2nd driver, one-class car upgrade? is the only thing I need do to present my gold card over the counter when I arrive? thank you in advance.

Did the UVA Code work for you??? I just reserved an Enterprise Car thru the UVA link and it was reserved without asking any questions. However, it indicates within the reservation "LPO# (not yet entered)"

Thank you,
Vince

norn said: Hi guys, I just got a question for the car rental at Hertz through Priceline/Hotwire. As the car rental is prepaid, can I still use my hertz Gold membership to get additional benefits such as free 2nd driver, one-class car upgrade? is the only thing I need do to present my gold card over the counter when I arrive? thank you in advance.

According to the rules of Priceline/Hotwire, you cannot use any of your loyalty card benefits with their rates.

From the Hotwire terms of use:

Reservations made through Hotwire are not eligible for express service, car rental loyalty programs or frequent flyer miles.

From Priceline:

Rental Cars booked through our Name Your Own Price service are NOT eligible for express service, car rental loyalty programs or frequent flyer miles.

Szymon

2barevo said: where do I even start with all these codes ive been trying a bunch of combinations best I could do for 12/11/07-12/16/07 is $178.68 in lihue, kauai(LIH) including all charges for a midsize. Anyone want to help me out get a better deal.

$167.42 on Alamo.com using contract ID 7013604 AMEX and Coupon ID AD3829MRB - $25 off weekly.

goodnessgracious said: 2barevo said: where do I even start with all these codes ive been trying a bunch of combinations best I could do for 12/11/07-12/16/07 is $178.68 in lihue, kauai(LIH) including all charges for a midsize. Anyone want to help me out get a better deal.

$167.42 on Alamo.com using contract ID 7013604 AMEX and Coupon ID AD3829MRB - $25 off weekly.

not too bad. it actually came out to $156 for me.

nm double post

goodnessgracious said: 2barevo said: where do I even start with all these codes ive been trying a bunch of combinations best I could do for 12/11/07-12/16/07 is $178.68 in lihue, kauai(LIH) including all charges for a midsize. Anyone want to help me out get a better deal.

Do you have to use an AMEX card for payment and will I need to give a paper/physical coupon at the rental site?

Hi,

Do they ask for ID when you use the state gov't codes?

I need a rental care in Orlando over Xmas, when I used the National 5004625 - State of GA -code from page one, it cut the cost of the rental in half.

It such a good deal it makes me nervous, I don't want to get there and then not be able to get the car.

I would appreciate any help or feedback.

greets szy and ria........other regs......

Apologies for the slow trip report......

First off.....Orlando Budget Car Rental at 3:00 Thursday afternoon, is not anything Id want to go through again, 10 /12 deep in line.....Duplication of filling this out and being asked the generics over and over, after filling them out online, not giving a reccommandation. (Or did I just give one)

I still havent recieved the final bill for the orlando - jacksonville one way rental yet, being a week today since i returned, I did the pay for a tank of gas and they would refill at 2.91 a gallon and i would pay the difference....It sounded mumbo jumbo but all I wanted to do was get out of that rental area?????

The Country Inn Suites 2 night stay using Gov Rate 165.00 was well worth it, close to 95 (within eye sight), one exit away from WalMart, breakfast buffet professional. The shower and bathroom were glummed 2gether inside one room, it seemed to be a handicap room as the area / bath appearred wheel chair ready, making the shower replacement tight, due to increased floor area, if you know what I mean.

RDU Dollar Car Rental, minibus ride to area, Lucky to get a decent vehicle as pickings where slim being 2nd in line, not many available to choose from. Vehicle upgrade due to not having what I reserved. Upgrade from a jeep liberty to a dodge 1500 truck, if circumstances were better id have push for the car giving better gas milage. Uncertain if it would work though. They tried to hardball a higher price, popped my confirmation, another 4 minutes to get my rate.

The best part was mrs goye and I had a wonderful time roadtripping. We were blessed enough to get a meet and greet with the David Crowder Band. ( thanks babe ) David acknowledge us after the shows in Columbia and Orlando with double thumbs. We had a wonderful late night ride home.

Im ready for the next trip.......

I have lots to learn regarding Christmas travel.......we are not adverse to flying on Christmas Day to save funds.....San Antonio-Austin, NS, 2 Adults uncertain duration 5 to 8 maybe????

Another Adult to PHL, NS, 22nd through 31th, 1st, 2nd.....

Ill let you know what I find.....till then, goye

New Budget deals posted in an advertisement over in the Hot Deals Forum.

Budget Rent a Car is participating in a Cash Back Sale through November 30th!

10% off PLUS free upgrade at Budget Rent a Car

Rent with Budget Rent a Car for your next meeting and get a special discount!

$25 off weekly rentals at Budget Rent a Car, now through December 15th only

Rent for a week and get a FREE day when you rent Budget Rent a Car. Now through December 31st only!

Save 20% off weekly and weekend rates. Budget will donate $1/rental to assist students in pursuing their educations! Valid through Dec 31st

Compact Vehicles for just $169/Week at U.S. Airports, only at Budget.com! Through December 11th only

*Discounts applied at rental counter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More offers from Budget Rent a Car
Tiered FatWallet Cash Back Available

$1.80 w/ completed enrollment of small business program.

Cash Back not available on rental purchases through small business program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Receive the Hot Deals and Offers Added Each Day by Email!
Subscribe to the FatWallet Daily Email.

goodnessgracious said: dyn0 said: Hey guys,

I am going to be renting a car from BWI on 11/16 and returning it on 11/18. The cheapest price I can get is 49.90 + tax and fees for a midsize car through national. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Using contract ID 7013604 AMEX and coupon code AD395OL2VN you can get a midsize from Alamo for $36.35 inc. taxes and fees.

I got a two day full size rental for $28.xx after taxes in PHI from Dec 1-3. Someone asked a few posts up about needing to print this coupon out. Per a Flyer Talk post at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176245&page=12 this is an internet coupon and does not need to be printed out. Thanks to all for this thread!

Avis $5 off a daily rental. MUFB018 (intermediate through full. Exp 12/31/07

ps. If somebody can mod the top post with this that'd be great! (Coupons on 1-day rentals are pretty hard to find.)
-Andrew

I need help finding a good deal for Christmas time car rental.
I tried different car rental sites, best I found was the Avis C031529 code, but Hotwire's offer is better for the same period. For 9 days, Hotwire offered $33.5/day for total $377; Avis total was almost $500.

Here is what I'm looking for -
MiniVan
Unlimited Mileage
Pickup: 12/21 8PM - 12/23 8PM
Dropoff: 12/28 8PM - 12/31 8PM
(minimum 7 days, maximum 9 days)

Thanks for helping!

It's been asked before in this thread, but never answered:

Is there any problem combining Alamo contract ID's and coupon codes?

Right now, I've got a great reservation using codes sourced from Alamo's website; the AMEX contract ID (I'll be using the AMEX card no-matter-what for their super-cheap premium auto rental insurance which saved me $$$ earlier this year on a busted windshield) combined with the NWA or AA free upgrade coupons gives me the best deal. I've printed out the coupon, just wondering if it will be void due to the non-NWA or AA contract ID.

If you know the answer, please post it here and/or update the FAQ on the first page.

We are going to West Palm Beaach,Florida arriving Dec. 12 and returning car on Jan 9. We were originally going to drive from NJ but due to cost of gas and we can get 2 tickets roundtrip on Continental for $275 now want to fly and rent a car. I can't seem to get a good car rental - full size for that period of time - the best rate I saw was Alamo for $462.42 using NEA discount codes. Anybody know a better way to get a long term rate? thanks

You did get a good car rental. 115$ a week full size is dirt cheap. Is that with all taxes?

Check and make sure they don't charge for mileage...

chrbronte said: Hi,

Do they ask for ID when you use the state gov't codes?

I need a rental care in Orlando over Xmas, when I used the National 5004625 - State of GA -code from page one, it cut the cost of the rental in half.

It such a good deal it makes me nervous, I don't want to get there and then not be able to get the car.

I would appreciate any help or feedback.

Hi all,

I am struggling mightily trying to find a good deal for a car rental out of DEN over New Years: 12/27 - 1/2. Orbitz/Hotwire is $500+ for the week. Ideally I would go for a 4x4, but prices on SUVs (which might still be 4x2) are even more astronomical. I would be forever grateful for any ideas on a strategy!

-Amy

Greets,,,,,anyone here have any experience with Travature.com yet? 1st glance doesnt seem to bad, it looks easy to pick up the info and go elsewhere with it or just follow their links.

Looking 12/24/2007 - 12/31/2007 Continental JAX to SAT 318.53 for adults, with 1 stop. This has a promo coupon opening, but I dont know / have any or if it would actually work with the flight allready on the lower end of the pricing scale.

I can find cheaper, but I dont want to spend the day in the airport either......4.5 to 6.0 hours is about average time....

thanks regs.....goye

be the remedy

ADDED:

p.s....Travature.com....Im smelling bait and switch, doing research there you get one price for a single ticket, a real good price. But when you search for 2 tickets, its not the same price?????

looking for cheapest SUV rental for Salt lake city, UTAH from 1/18/08 to 1/22/08. Pickup around 4pm from SLC and drop off about 9pm to same location. Did a search using some of the discount tools... and found prices about $245-355.00 for a standard size SUV (but really, i guess any SUV size will do). Please let me know if anybody can beat this price! thanks!

• Archived From: ForumsTravel Discussion

• 15556 57 5859
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014