Gone Gone Gone

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • 1555657 58 59
  • Page
  • Text Only
chrbronte said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Do they ask for ID when you use the state gov't codes?

-----------------

Joining the Emerald Aisle is the best way to avoid hassles over affinity codes. Do a search of the thread or scroll thru for free membership details.

And a backup plan is always a good idea.

goye said: Looking 12/24/2007 - 12/31/2007 Continental JAX to SAT 318.53 for adults, with 1 stop.

If that's the per person price, Continental.com has tickets under $300 pp for those dates.

Szymon

Szy,,,,thanks, that priced dropped huge within the last 12 hours,Im down to 561.20 for a pair of tickets?????

When I searched I had an option for a coupon / code? Is anyone holding and willing to share a workable one

thanks goye

Does Budget offer any codes that get you a discount and waive the under 25 fee? I'm having hella trouble trying to find a small SUV for me and my wife for 3 weeks at Christmas time that doesn't charge a fee for being under 25. We're both 24 1/2 and refuse to pay $25 extra a day because of it. Anyone have suggestions?

Greets the regs / readers / helpers....

I have a 2 adult, 12/24 - 12/31 from JAX to AUS, 504.42 straight, no codes or promo's used. Going out is a one stop, coming back is non stop.

Is it really possible to get much better or should i just pull the trigger and be happy with the peace of mind?

thanks friendly.......

time to get a car.....bbl goye

be the remedy

riaesq said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joining the Emerald Aisle is the best way to avoid hassles over affinity codes. Do a search of the thread or scroll thru for free membership details.

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks! I joined the Emerald Aisle. I will also make a reservation for a one way rental from Orlando to Daytona Beach to make sure I am not stranded. I found that it is cheaper to do a one way rental from Daytona Beach to Orlando during my trip then doing roundtrip from Orlando.

You may want to double check to see if there actually IS an EA at Daytona. Not every location has it.

I'm looking for a rental from MCO (Orlando) 12/17-26/2007. The best mid-size car I can find is from Alamo for $266.55 using contract ID 7013843 and one-day off coupon AF1609EOM. Any help on a better deal is appreciated!

researchy said: I'm looking for a rental from MCO (Orlando) 12/17-26/2007. The best mid-size car I can find is from Alamo for $266.55 using contract ID 7013843 and one-day off coupon AF1609EOM. Any help on a better deal is appreciated!

That looks like a good deal for Christmas - Orbitz is showing in the $400s for those same dates for Alamo (and over $1000 for Hertz/Avis).

Szymon

The best mid-size car I can find is from Alamo for $266.55 using contract ID 7013843 and one-day off coupon AF1609EOM. Any help on a better deal is appreciated!

Szymon

SZy......I glummed the set of #'s and codes from this post and plug them into Alamo, Austin TX, 12/24 - 12-/31 .....Im at Full size for 161.71.....still looking, thanks goye

Hi, I am looking for some advice about renting a car in Hawaii.

My friend and I will stay in Maui (Airport Ogg) from Dec. 15th to Dec. 19th. Since we are both half a year away to be 25, we want to avoid the underage surcharge.

I tried quite a few codes here, and the best I found is about $175 after tax for 5 days (like the Budget underage link,code T557400). So does anyone have some suggestions about it?

And it seems many codes need you to be from a certain state or university, so I wonder do we really need to be in that state or university to use the code? I'm from University of California, my friend is from Ohio State University.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

what better rates for Orlando (MCO) during 12/22 to 12/31? The best I could get is $314 from national car rental with contract ID of state of GA and $20 off weekly rental. Thanks!

Anyone help me with a better deal in Ft Lauderdale from 12/19 (am) to 12/23 (pm) for a Luxury car car w/two child seats? I got $456 from National with a contract # and $20 off coupon.

Hate that I have to pay 4100 for two kids seats.....but there is no way I'm lugging my two on a plane

Edit: Think I found my own solution....the GA code of 5004625 drops it down for an minivan to $395 WITH the two child seats....sweet. If I could find better than this I'll keel over

norn said: what better rates for Orlando (MCO) during 12/22 to 12/31? The best I could get is $314 from national car rental with contract ID of state of GA and $20 off weekly rental. Thanks!

BEST BETS for MCO/TPA cars:

Check out Mousesavers.com. Then go to Disboards.com and visit the Transportation area.

Hundreds of people with the same itineraries- and lots of other good advice too.

Will take a look, Thanks a lot!

Hi Goye,
I saw that you had some problems with Travature. I don't want to be spammy, but just was hoping I could narrow down the "bait and switch" issue, since I work at Travature. We basically are Google for Travel, meaning we just do the search, and we make NO money off the airfare in anyway. To my knowledge we are the only ones of the metasearch bunch that doesn't make money off the search or the booking, so there really isn't much purpose to a "bait and switch" move for us (like you were assuming). All we do is literally presearch with a robot, the same process on travel websites that you would do yourself.

So that said, I'm assuming the Continental JAX to SAT price you saw was the difference continental.com was charging between one passenger and two (one passenger gets one fare and the other another), and something you would have seen if you did the 1 passenger versus 2 passenger search on continental.com directly. This actually happens quite a lot in the travel industry, because they will set aside a fixed number of tickets at a given price range, so if 10 tickets are sold at price X and 9 already sold, then if you buy 1 ticket you'll get price X, but if you buy 2 tickets, one of your tickets will be price X and the other Y. Yes, its LAME. I went to Cabo San Lucas a few months ago with my wife for our anniversary. I went to Travature and found the best price through USair.com. So when I went to book, I was only able to get one ticket at 189.00 and the other ticket i had to pay 220 for. A total bummer.

Oh and finally, I would assume your coupon code works, since we dont do anything special during a search. The only thing I could think that would prevent it, is if a webfare on the airline would not be compatible with the coupon code, but I don't see why that would be the case.

Enjoy your travels.

fla20 code will take 20% off,
it came from the alamo.ca, and is good for canadian.
Wondering if we can use it, will alamo check it strictly?

researchy said: I'm looking for a rental from MCO (Orlando) 12/17-26/2007. The best mid-size car I can find is from Alamo for $266.55 using contract ID 7013843 and one-day off coupon AF1609EOM. Any help on a better deal is appreciated!

How do you go about changing your contract id on your Emerald Club account? Says to see your corporate travel agent.

Is it ok to be signed up with one contract id and use another to book your reservation?

FatherTed said: How do you go about changing your contract id on your Emerald Club account? Says to see your corporate travel agent.

Is it ok to be signed up with one contract id and use another to book your reservation?

I do it all the time. You should be able to just erase the Emerald number and insert the one you want... unless something has changed.

I have actually forgotten at times to go thru my EA account but just showed my card and res at the kiosk on the way out.

riaesq said: FatherTed said: How do you go about changing your contract id on your Emerald Club account? Says to see your corporate travel agent.

I do it all the time. You should be able to just erase the Emerald number and insert the one you want... unless something has changed.

I have actually forgotten at times to go thru my EA account but just showed my card and res at the kiosk on the way out.

there seems no option for me to change it...it says

"For Contract ID changes, please contact your Corporate Travel Manager if applicable."

What I meant was....do I have to change the one I signed up with in my Emerald account

I am not sure what you are trying to do. I would: Log into EA and proceed to make the res the usual way, inputting the "other" contract id in the box. Is this what you are doing or are you trying to change your profile?

Yes...I was wondering if I needed to change my profile...as I wondered if they would think it weird I had one contract number in my profile and rented the car with another

also...unless anyone has experience otherwise....I was thinking the best rate for a mini-van would be using the GA code 5004625?

Have there ever been coupon codes for free child seats? *L* Only thing that sucks....costs me $100 extra for 5 days (need 2 of them)

I'm going to USVI in Jan and looking for SUV rental. The cheapest rate I've found is from Budget at $450/week including fees and none of the Budget codes seem to work. Any suggestions on getting a better deal?

Hey Jal.....i just saw your response to me......

Okay......without getting into the weeds.....

Maybe you could allow prospective customers of your free search engine the opportunity to pre set their own parameters, ie; # of tickets, # of stops, etc,etc before doing any searching to reduce the time one has to spend rifling thru the majority of things I think most people arent interested in.....

When was the last time anyone volunteeringly pre selected a flight plan schedule with 2+ connections?

I mean really, do people really opt to have a 2+ or more hour layover in any airport (except LV) voluntarily?

I paid the difference of only 16.00 for 2 people to go from a one stop, one hour delay to non stop flight. 16.00 is almost a cheap airport lunch, isnt it?

If I or anyone is looking / needs for 2 tickets for a flight.....isnt it wasting our time to show us anything for only one ticket?

Another topic:.....Alamo ID 7013843 and Coupon AF1609EOM joined together....do I need to bring anything when i use these codes when I go pick up the car?

Again thanks goye

FatherTed said: Have there ever been coupon codes for free child seats? *L* Only thing that sucks....costs me $100 extra for 5 days (need 2 of them)

Hertz has free child seats for AAA members.

Szymon

Your completely right goye.
We need to be able to take in multiple passengers on the search,# of stops, as well as a couple other cool things (such as open jaw searches, nearest airport searches, etc, etc). Our development guys should have that stuff done in the January time frame. Right now our small team is focused on getting hotels going (releasing in a couple of weeks).

The only other thing I'd add is that occasionally, there is a need to showing 2+ layovers. One of our guys was in South Africa this summer, and at the city where he went you could ONLY get there with 3 layovers. Of course, thats not usual, but it does happen.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

Greets the regs.....

PL,,,,name your price,,,,,right now its taking 12.00, 146.93, full size 12/24 -12/31, everything looked good........I didnt pull the trigger.

Any good / bad stories I should know before going that route?

I have a reserved full size alamo for 161.00 for the same paticulars....

thanks again, goye

I just saved a lot with Avis using U405347 AWD. This code is wonderful and includes LDW.

Studio6 said: I just saved a lot with Avis using U405347 AWD. This code is wonderful and includes LDW.

This is a worthless AWD,Doubles rate nor does it include LDW.

dance318 said: I'm going to USVI in Jan and looking for SUV rental. The cheapest rate I've found is from Budget at $450/week including fees and none of the Budget codes seem to work. Any suggestions on getting a better deal?

I think you will find something helpful over here.

goye said: Another topic:.....Alamo ID 7013843 and Coupon AF1609EOM joined together....do I need to bring anything when i use these codes when I go pick up the car?

have the same question. Just booked the reservation online and didn't find anywhere that says to bring anything besides driver's license and cc... hope it's true

added: go here and print the offer. that should do it.

thegoodstuffsher said: Studio6 said: I just saved a lot with Avis using U405347 AWD. This code is wonderful and includes LDW.

This is a worthless AWD,Doubles rate nor does it include LDW.

I think you are full of it. AWD does not raise price at all. Where does it doubles the rate? Prove it.

Deleted,waste of space.

What the heck are you talking about? Avis U405347 AWD dropped the price from $297 to $268 using your location and time. Overall a saving of $35 after tax, on top of that free LDW insurance. Make sure you select lowest rate at second page.

Your right,my bad.Defaulted to Corp. Rate.Still no Free LDW though.

Hey guys,

Looking to get a rental car at Islip Macarthur Airport (ISP) in New York. I'll be there on Dec 5 and returning it on Dec 6. The cheapest I could find was Hertz for $44.54 using the AAA discount. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am 24. I rented a car in Sacramento California for 3 days from National. My total bill was $145 and I used the Big 10 CID along with a coupon to upgrade my vehicle.

The great part about the Emerald Club, is that they let me choose from ANY car on a given isle, and this included a Toyota Avalon, Buick Lacerne (whatever), Jeep Laredo, Chevy Trailblazer, Chevy Malibu, etc.

Usually they charge more for the SUV, but I got it for the same price as the full-size car.

I am trying to book for a small car for Dec-15 to Dec-16 one-way Detroit, MI to Columbus, OH. I am new in this rental car game, I almost spinning around in this forum for more than 2-days now. I have Hertz #1 Gold and National Emerald also.

The best I could get is $80+tax etc? through National. Can some one help me with finding a better price?

dyn0 said: Hey guys,

Looking to get a rental car at Islip Macarthur Airport (ISP) in New York. I'll be there on Dec 5 and returning it on Dec 6. The cheapest I could find was Hertz for $44.54 using the AAA discount. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you are flying in and will only drive in NJ/NY, Dollar has a car for $24.44.

Otherwise, Priceline may be a good choice - not sure if they serve ISP though.

Szymon

Hi,

I am looking for One way Small Car rental from Las Vegas to Las Angeles ( Dec 21st to Dec 25th )
I tried the link for One way rental but leads me to the last page of this forum.

Any Codes for One Way rental for better price?

Thanks

• Archived From: ForumsTravel Discussion

• 1555657 58 59
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014