Gone Gone Gone

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • 117 18 19202159
  • Page
  • Text Only
ETBX6F

Just applied this one and it works, got it from entertainment books.

Enter code: ETBX6F during checkout. (Note: Enter coupon code in 'optional box' on homepage; applies to vehicles reserved in advance at standard daily rates at participating north american locations; 20% applies to neighborhood locations; 10% applies to airport locations) Confirm that code been applied prior to purchase

I'm getting a fully loaded Impala LTZ (with free XM) from National for a week at ATL ($195 all inc.). The deal includes full LDW and the underage surcharge. Is it good enough or should I keep searching around?

Any Discount code for a Cargo Van in NJ? I need it btw. Aug 25 to Aug 27.

Thanks

turbo4182 said: I got from Alamo a Midsize for 8 days 8/23-8/30, Orlando, for $105- $30 coupons + taxes= $108, is this a good deal ??

Does that include surcharges and tax? I find fees can run the bill up more than 50% in some cities.

AVIS has a Delta promo discount up to 25% plus earn 250/da skymiles
AWD (Avis Worldwide Discount) code K817625
Coupon #: MUAA057 (to earn the bonus miles), bring Delta skymiles card to desk

THRIFTY rental from Sam's Club gave a better price than the AVIS deal (no bonus skymiles though), plus I found a coupon for one-class upgrade in their magazine from awhile back. The PC code is SAMS, and you must bring coupon to counter at time of rental (it says).

HOWEVER, I read in flyertalk (will link the discussion if I can find it again) that if you use AMEX cc, discounts like extra free day or %off will disqualify the credit card's rental collision insurance. You need to pay FULL RATE to get the coverage.

link

pistonsdc said:

<<More importantly, the AMEX policy regarding paying for the rental also excludes DISCOUNTS (e.g. AAA 10% CDP, etc.). This basically means that nearly every business traveler, and many leisure travelers worth their salt would be excluded! (Everyone on this board, right?)

I spoke to a rep today who confirmed this. However, I could not get a supervisor on the phone to confirm (waited 10 min and gave up) and I have not seen it in writing. If this is correct, AMEX should be ashamed of this deceptive practice.

Really, how many people a renting cars at the "rack" rate? And howdoes my 5% off savings affect insurance coverage?>>

Not sure if this helps....but I spoke with a few people who know people at Hertz...

I was told to call the main number i believe - 800-654-3131

then tell them that I work for JP Morgan Chase...I was asked if its official or unofficial...

So I said official.

I received an economy car for $264, but with all insurance coverages, fees, surcharges, unlimited miles, and drivers as young as 21, the total came to $333.77

Also this is for PICKUP AT JFK...(i'm a Queens, NY resident)

I've been trying to rent a car all week, and this is one of the best rates i've received thus far.

Good Luck

i'm currently planning a trip to vegas over the thanksgiving weekend and will rent from national since all the codes that I gathered from this and other sites. i'm a emerald club member as well. i have found a free weekend day coupon and a contract ID code. however, the coupon comes with a contract ID that is different from the contract ID that I found. if I combined both codes that i found, they will give me the lowest rate. but if i entered the coupon code with the contract ID that comes with it, the rate is a lot higher. i know i have to print out the coupon and present it when i pick up the car. my question is will they charge me a different rate or not honor the coupon if i use a contract ID that is different from their coupon? the contract that comes with the coupon is actually printed on the coupon. i really appreciate if anyone can give me an answer. thank you very much in advance. btw, i couldn't find any deal on hotels during 11/23/06 - 11/26/06 .

I am facing the same situation-- I am going to Vegas December 9-12th and I get a much better rate by combining a different contract code with the coupons that I have printed for a free weekend. I signed up for the Emerald Club as well but the contract code for Emerald Club members is not great, but you do get the benefits of grabbing your car quickly. I am able to get a good rate for my hotel (Treasure Island). They have good prices on their website for the weekend that I am going. You may have a tough time finding a good rate since you are going Thanksgiving, but keep looking. Let me ask you this== When you made your reservation did and got your confirmation does it give you a daily rate or does it list the rate as "variable"? My confirmation lists my rate as "variable" and 1 rate for the entire three days but the total was awesome. I used the American Express code and a free weekend coupon from entertainment or BJ's warehouse. I have never seen the rate listed as variable and I just don't want to be suprised by hidden or suprise charges when I drop off the car. Any body with experience with this would be great!

Free Emerald Club membership via the 1-2-Free promotion

link

KCarter29072 said: I am facing the same situation-- I am going to Vegas December 9-12th and I get a much better rate by combining a different contract code with the coupons that I have printed for a free weekend. I signed up for the Emerald Club as well but the contract code for Emerald Club members is not great, but you do get the benefits of grabbing your car quickly. I am able to get a good rate for my hotel (Treasure Island). They have good prices on their website for the weekend that I am going. You may have a tough time finding a good rate since you are going Thanksgiving, but keep looking. Let me ask you this== When you made your reservation did and got your confirmation does it give you a daily rate or does it list the rate as "variable"? My confirmation lists my rate as "variable" and 1 rate for the entire three days but the total was awesome. I used the American Express code and a free weekend coupon from entertainment or BJ's warehouse. I have never seen the rate listed as variable and I just don't want to be suprised by hidden or suprise charges when I drop off the car. Any body with experience with this would be great!
that's exactly what i got from the confirmation email. just one variable rate. and you are right. i forgot to mention about the contract ID that came with the emerald club. i didn't use that. so pretty much i just logged in as a emerald member, reserved a intermediate size car (since i can pick up a full size or better car if i'm lucky), entered a different contract ID and coupon code (contract ID doesn't match the one that came along w/the coupon). i didn't use the American Express code since i checked the rate with and without it, it's the same. so i guess one less code means one less potential problem. i have AMEX card so i can add that anytime. anybody can help us out?

i guess i've found the answer for my own question from another site.

Here's how to combine all of the available National discounts and perks:
1. Go through the National web site.
2. If you are an Emerald Club member, use the Emerald Club link at the top of the National home page to make your reservation. Otherwise, just use the "Reserve Now" form that's right there on the home page.
3. Type in your location, date, time and car type information.
4. Type a Rate/Product Code (if available) in the correct space.
5. Type a Contract ID in the correct space. (If you belong to Emerald Club or joined through another organization, a Contract ID may already be in that space. You may want to try other Contract IDs because some give better discounts than others.)
6. Type ONE coupon code (if available) in the Coupon ID space.

You should receive up to three discounts -- the Product Rate Code, Contract ID and Coupon ID discounts -- plus Emerald Aisle or Emerald Reserve service, if you are an Emerald Club member. I have successfully combined discounts from many different sources (such as a coupon code from Entertainment Book, a Rate/Product code from the National web site, and a Contract ID from the list above) dozens of times without any problems.

Be aware that codes are subject to capacity controls. If too many other people have already reserved cars during the time you're traveling, you may not be able to use your codes.

i hope this help but i guess it's ymmv. good luck!

tooshy said: turbo4182 said: I got from Alamo a Midsize for 8 days 8/23-8/30, Orlando, for $105- $30 coupons + taxes= $108, is this a good deal ??

Does that include surcharges and tax? I find fees can run the bill up more than 50% in some cities.

Yes, it is $108 out of the door (already incl. taxes, fee and surcharges) but without CDW since I have my own insurance and will be paying with AE.
</blockquote>

I just found an excellent coupon in a new entertainment book for my rental in December in Vegas. ID number 7012170 Coupon codes are AD25 for 2 days, AD26 for 3 days and AD27 for 4 day rental. This came out to be a great rate. My questions is this-- Is there an advantage to joining Quicksilver and will I be able to use a id and coupon and use the quicksilver counter?

Bullit531, how long was the rental for?

Looking for deals at weekends.(2 days for one weekend and at least 2 times a month). It looks like only upgrade coupon is available for weekend rental at national. How to find such deals? Any suggestions? Thanks!

ucbedge said: All -
I've been renting from National for a few years now, and while I've been searching for the best rate for an upcoming rental, I've come to a few conclusions:

- Use coupon code ND9835JJP if you are doing a one-way rental. It automatically gives you $25 off. A "printable" coupon can be found on National's home page.

- Join the Emerald Club! It's free, easy, and you can use the Emerald Club contract code #5007125. NOTE: this code usually gives the best rates now. Carlson has become inflated, making this your best option. PLUS, this coupon code includes unlimited mileage...not all the codes listed in the OP do (specifically, #5299328 charged me .25 per mile). Make sure you take that into consideration.

- Since joining the Emerald Club, they have not asked for one coupon from me. Ever. They seem to be interested in getting you in-out and on-your-way rather than putting you through the ringer.

Hope this helps. I wouldnt fool around with more than three or four contract codes above - try the Emerald Club rate and if it's the lowest of the four options, there's no need to go down the entire list.

#5299328 charging you for mileage is YMMV (no pun intended). I am using this code twice in Hawaii in Nov and unlimited mileage is included. Thanks for the heads up though, it caused me to check my reservations!

ucbedge said: All -
I've been renting from National for a few years now, and while I've been searching for the best rate for an upcoming rental, I've come to a few conclusions:

- Use coupon code ND9835JJP if you are doing a one-way rental. It automatically gives you $25 off. A "printable" coupon can be found on National's home page.

- Join the Emerald Club! It's free, easy, and you can use the Emerald Club contract code #5007125. NOTE: this code usually gives the best rates now. Carlson has become inflated, making this your best option. PLUS, this coupon code includes unlimited mileage...not all the codes listed in the OP do (specifically, #5299328 charged me .25 per mile). Make sure you take that into consideration.

- Since joining the Emerald Club, they have not asked for one coupon from me. Ever. They seem to be interested in getting you in-out and on-your-way rather than putting you through the ringer.

Hope this helps. I wouldnt fool around with more than three or four contract codes above - try the Emerald Club rate and if it's the lowest of the four options, there's no need to go down the entire list.

Would I have to be a member of the Emerald Club to use this contract code #5007125?

In general how do all these codes work? Do I have to be a member, live in a certain state, attend a college and so forth to use them?

dennisbp said:

Would I have to be a member of the Emerald Club to use this contract code #5007125?

In general how do all these codes work? Do I have to be a member, live in a certain state, attend a college and so forth to use them?

If I'm not mistaken, contract ID 5007125 belongs to the Emerald Club. You have to join the EC (it's free in any case).

Nobody really cares if you're a member or employee of a particular organization. One of the perks of being an EC member is that the guys at the exit booth are always in a hurry to get you out on the roads and never ask for any employee IDs. I use my university code whenever I can (due to the free included LDW and underage surcharge). However, my university discount sucks everytime I try to book a car in the NY-NJ area and thus end up using another college code.

Hmm..apparently Danes aren't welcome in the Emerald Club :-/

Is there anyway to become a member as a Dane (Denmark)?

I am looking for a one day, one-way rental from Baltimore (anywhere in Baltimore, including BWI aiport) to JFK, pickup on September 4th, dropoff on September 5th (3 pm), for a minivan (or full sized van), avoiding the underage penalty (24 years old).

I keep trying different codes with National, and I can get the underage down from $25 to $10, and even get the LDW, but for some reason the SUVs and cars come up with unlimited miles, while the minivans come up with $.30/mile.

Any tips?

Just wanted to thank you all for this topic.

Got a pretty good deal from National for Vegas 8/17-8/21.
Used the contract ID and coupon codes for on free day and discount.
Got an SUV (Buick Rendevous) for $98. Basically that's what I would have gotten an intermediate for from National. Other places wanted that much for a compact/economy.

Why is it that when I try to go online with Hertz that I cannot get the price lower on a certain vechicle.

I was looking at renting a H3 or something fun while we where in SFO on Oct 16 for two or so days, but I cannot get it lower than 138$, I have been trying everything but it seems that all corporate discounts are only 5%, are there other corporate discounts that would be better to apply here or coupons to lower it?

Thanks for your help on this issue

I want to remind people that Emerald Club is only a "benefit" if you are renting at a large airport. I went to Denver, reserved through my Emerald Club, reserved a mid-size and drove off with a van for the price of a mid-size. I have also driven off in an fancy, leather decked out new Buick (forget the their new name) in San Fran.

I went to Savannah, GA 1, reserved a mid-size and drove off with a Malibu. I asked for a van like I had in Denver and the clerk told me sure, just pay the $30/day for the upgrade.

Emerald Club is good at large airports only!! It is worthless at small airports. At small airports you get a different line to stand in but most of the time you wait just as long. You don't get the perk of driving off in a larger class vehicle. I would have been better off doing some competitive shopping and next time I will.

cfeldhaus said: Why is it that when I try to go online with Hertz that I cannot get the price lower on a certain vechicle.

I was looking at renting a H3 or something fun while we where in SFO on Oct 16 for two or so days, but I cannot get it lower than 138$, I have been trying everything but it seems that all corporate discounts are only 5%, are there other corporate discounts that would be better to apply here or coupons to lower it?

cfeldhaus said: Why is it that when I try to go online with Hertz that I cannot get the price lower on a certain vechicle.

nwmsu said: I want to remind people that Emerald Club is only a "benefit" if you are renting at a large airport. I went to Denver, reserved through my Emerald Club, reserved a mid-size and drove off with a van for the price of a mid-size. I have also driven off in an fancy, leather decked out new Buick (forget the their new name) in San Fran.

I went to Savannah, GA 1, reserved a mid-size and drove off with a Malibu. I asked for a van like I had in Denver and the clerk told me sure, just pay the $30/day for the upgrade.

Emerald Club is good at large airports only!! It is worthless at small airports. At small airports you get a different line to stand in but most of the time you wait just as long. You don't get the perk of driving off in a larger class vehicle. I would have been better off doing some competitive shopping and next time I will.

It's free
Free Emerald Club

Just saved 70% on a National car in Canada. Holy cow!

Thank you mlhm5.

Let me rephrase my comment about Emerald Club. It is free. The benefits of Emerald Club can only be felt, seen, taken advantage of, etc at the following locations using Emerald Aisle:
Albuquerque, NM
Atlanta, GA
Austin, TX
Baltimore, MD
Boston, MA
Charlotte, NC
Chicago Midway, IL
Chicago OHare, IL
Cincinnati, OH
Cleveland, OH
Columbus, OH
Dallas Love, TX
Dallas, TX
Denver, CO
Detroit, MI
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Hartford, CT
Houston Hobby, TX
Houston Intercontinental, TX
Indianapolis, IN
JFK, NY
Kansas City, MO
Las Vegas, NV
Little Rock, AR
Los Angeles, CA
Manchester, NH
Memphis, TN
Miami, FL
Milwaukee, WI
Minneapolis, MN
New Orleans, LA
New York City La Guardia, NY
Newark, NJ
Oakland, CA
Oklahoma City, OK
Ontario, CA
Orange County, CA
Orlando, FL
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix, AZ
Portland, OR
Providence, RI
Raleigh / Durham, NC
Sacramento, CA
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
Seattle, WA
St. Louis, MO
Tampa, FL
Washington Dulles, DC
Washington National, DC
West Palm Beach, FL

All other airports, make sure you shop long and hard. Remember, using Emerald Aisle, rent an Intermediate and pay for an Intermetdiate but drive away is something larger!

All other airports, make sure you shop long and hard. Remember, using Emerald Aisle, rent an Intermediate and pay for an Intermetdiate but drive away is something larger!

This is true. However, keep in mind that the Emerald Aisle and Executive lots are pretty small at MIA and FLL. As such, you may not be able to find a "larger" size car. Also, I was told by a manager at MIA that if you rent a compact, you cannot get a larger size no matter what (I have no idea if this is true, though).

Hello

I need your help my wife and I are going to Toronto Canada for 2 weeks to visited friend and family .. We are in need of a rental car for 2 weeks ,, I have very little to no knowledge of the rental car stuff .. Looking for a any help in getting a very good price on a car ..
I would need it Oct 4 till Oct 18 will be driving around ontario .. Just my wife and I no kids .
Any help would be great or links on how to get a good rate ..
Thanks Tibor
Please email me at TiborSchmid@hotmail.com

Does anyone have any ideas about renting a car for 1 day from illinois and returning it to detroit for a reasonable fee?

Hmmmm, renting a card for 5 days in ABQ. Wondering if I should take the fullsize at $162 (incl tax) and hope for upgrade to convertible at the desk with my emerald membership or if I should just book the convertible now at $205. Will be picking up in two days so must decide now!

BTW, these rates are using the Carlson contract number and the $20 off e-coupon.

Any opinions on my dilema? I'm a new emerald club member so I really don't know if they'll upgrade to convertible...but I will be pciking up on my b-day!

Thanks OP.
Used the SIU corporate ID to rent for a week in Toronto. The LDW charges would have doubled the lowest rate I could dig up (what a ripoff they are)-: and this code waives the LDW fee with reasonable rates, so it probably saved around $80. Also managed to stack the Big Ten $15 off weekly rental coupon code. Couldn't figure out what rate code to put in that would have been less expensive. Thanks to all for the tip on the Emerald Club not checking your coupons or corporate IDs

Q]All other airports, make sure you shop long and hard. Remember, using Emerald Aisle, rent an Intermediate and pay for an Intermetdiate but drive away is something larger!

I used to be able to do this through Budget Fastbreak, but the last two times I tried, they told me to get the car I reserved. One time was in Chicago, the other in Las Vegas.

I'm looking to rent a vehicle in Honolulu (HNL) from 12/8 - 12/10 (2 days). The cheapest I've found for a compact was $86 from Budget using the BJ's code. I haven't found anything else as cheap. I know that since it is short (2 days) a lot of the discounts won't work. Any ideas?

I joined Alamo's quicksilver program and got the info in the mail today. Attached was a coupon for one free day (3 day minimum rental. The code is AF7. Says coupon must be presented at pick up and coupons not combinable. This actually gave me a great rate for 3 days in Vegas in December, I cancelled my other reservation with National. If I combine this with the Entertainment Contract ID I get an even better rate but don't know that I should risk it since it says "not valid with any other discount or promotional rate."

Hertz - CDP #205418 - Coupons—

Linky

Got this link from the web page on National. Right now, there is a free membership to Emerald Club. No affliations.

https://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/12Free06/non-ec.cfm?source=1768

Currently, they are running a ONE-TWO FREE 06 promotion. Rent twice, for 2 or more days each rental, and you will earn a free day. Between August 16, 2006-December 15, 2006. Receive free days via email to use in the Spring.

Current members may add this promotion to their account.

One Free Day will be awarded for every two qualifying rentals. A qualifying rental is the rental of an Intermediate or larger vehicle for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion.

** Earned Free Days will be fulfilled by email 4–6 weeks after the second qualifying rental and are valid for rentals of Intermediate through Fullsize vehicles between January 1 and June 25, 2007, at participating locations in the United States. A Free Day is prorated against the base rate of the entire rental period, which does not include taxes (including GST), governmentally authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment/air tax recovery and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge or optional items. Free Days are non-transferable. No more than three Free Days may be redeemed toward one rental. Advance reservations required. Void where prohibited by law. Blackout dates may apply. Not valid in San Jose, CA, or Manhattan, NY. Subject to change without notice. Not combinable with other National and/or Emerald Club affiliated promotions.

(NOTE: Default ID = 5007125), I rent at Orange County and Carlson Travel (5760339) is still the best.

TextText

Hey everybody!

Thanks for all the info - what a great site!

I have a question and need some help. I am 24 years old and traveling to Seattle from March 9, 2007 to March 18, 2007. I would like to use that Washington Univ - Business corporate discount and get a premium vehicle through Enterprise.

Do they not verify that I am affiliated with Washingon Univ?? What about the fact that I am under 25? I selected 21-24 years old as drivers age but it still let me check out, but when i was verifying information it said "ALL DRIVERS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. RENTERS 21 THROUGH 24 YEARS OF AGE MAY ONLY RENT ECONOMY THROUGH FULLSIZE CARS. IF CUSTOMER IS FLYING INTO BOEING FIELD OR GALVIN FLYING CENTER PLEASE NOTE IN COMMENTS FIELD."

But it will still let me check out!! Whats the deal - will it really let me do this stuff and get away with it?

ENTERPRISE

For information
or to reserve a
vehicle, you can call
1-866-336-3746
Reference: EES7R2
for our 50% offer
or EES7R3 for our
upgrade offer.

Linky

smithw14 said: Hey everybody!

Thanks for all the info - what a great site!

I have a question and need some help. I am 24 years old and traveling to Seattle from March 9, 2007 to March 18, 2007. I would like to use that Washington Univ - Business corporate discount and get a premium vehicle through Enterprise.

Do they not verify that I am affiliated with Washingon Univ?? What about the fact that I am under 25? I selected 21-24 years old as drivers age but it still let me check out, but when i was verifying information it said "ALL DRIVERS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. RENTERS 21 THROUGH 24 YEARS OF AGE MAY ONLY RENT ECONOMY THROUGH FULLSIZE CARS. IF CUSTOMER IS FLYING INTO BOEING FIELD OR GALVIN FLYING CENTER PLEASE NOTE IN COMMENTS FIELD."

But it will still let me check out!! Whats the deal - will it really let me do this stuff and get away with it?

There is a 99% chance that National will not ask for WashU ID. If you are worried about anything else, call National.

• Archived From: ForumsTravel Discussion

• 117 18 19202159
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014