Gone Gone Gone

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • 154 55 56575859
  • Page
  • Text Only
If you are only traveling during peak hours (non weekends and 9-5) check out local locations. Not only do you skip the airport access tax, but you also have the opportunity to catch a branch manager and negotiate something. A move I pulled recently was to call the local Honda dealer and talked to the person I work with for service. She arranged rentals for me at their rates - 19.95 for a new Accord. Can't beat that!

Hi All,

I am travelling from Virginia to Boston from 22nd Nov to 25th Nov and would like to return by flight - making it a one way trip, I tried using various codes in Avis and Budget but seems like 66/day is the min i found.

Can anyone help me find a better rate.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Goutam

rushtog,

What exact dates/times will you be picking up/dropping off the car? Are you returning at Boston Logan? What size car?

Szymon

szymon said: rushtog,

What exact dates/times will you be picking up/dropping off the car? Are you returning at Boston Logan? What size car?

Szymon

pick up : 10 AM - 22nd Nov (Herndon Va 20171)
drop off : 6-9 PM 25th Nov (Boston Logan Airport)
Any size should be ok (prefer atleast midsize)

rushtog,

$247/wk for a midsize incl taxes is the best I found. This is from Hertz. Note that this is a weekly rate so you can pick up the car Monday the 19th in the morning if you wish.

Other option is $250/wk from National (Emerald Aisle so you may possibly get a bigger car) at Dulles. This would also be for a 11/19 pickup. Use the Entertainment book free day coupon to get this rate. http://www.nationalcar.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=ZL_EntertainmentFreedayCoupon_2008

Szymon

szymon said: rushtog,

$247/wk for a midsize incl taxes is the best I found. This is from Hertz. Note that this is a weekly rate so you can pick up the car Monday the 19th in the morning if you wish.

Other option is $250/wk from National (Emerald Aisle so you may possibly get a bigger car) at Dulles. This would also be for a 11/19 pickup. Use the Entertainment book free day coupon to get this rate. http://www.nationalcar.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=ZL_EntertainmentFreedayCoupon_2008

Szymon

Thanks a lot for the info.
Is this for one way travel ?

rushtog,

Yes, it is. I think these are great deals and I recommend you book now.

For National, PM me if you need the free Emerald club.

Szymon

Szymon,

I am trying to reserve a car at Miami airport(MIA) from 11/20/2007-11/27/2007. I thought thanksgiving is not as hot as Xmas, so I just start to do this. However, it seems it is hot. It's around $24/day for a compact from Hotwire (I think it is usually $12). Since I am taking my parents with me, I want a little bit bigger car. So I reserved a Hyundai Sonata from Hertz. I combined AAA club and AAA benefit which makes the final total price 293/wk.

Is this the best I can get? I can accept a smaller car if the price is much lower, say 200 altogether. Actually, I can find this kind of car from Orbitz which provides some local dealers who will pick you up at airport by shuttle. But I don't feel comfortable with it.

Thanks a lot!

REQUEST:

Looking for a one-way rate from Kansas City or Chicago TO Minneapolis/St.Paul

Travel dates would be Dec 24th-returning on Dec 25th or Dec 25th Returning on Dec 26th. I would be up for keeping the car an extra day if need be. EX. DEC 24th return DEC 26th.

Thanks for your help!!!

calguy77 said: REQUEST:

Travel dates would be Dec 24th-returning on Dec 25th or Dec 25th Returning on Dec 26th. I would be up for keeping the car an extra day if need be. EX. DEC 24th return DEC 26th.

Thanks for your help!!!

So using the numerous codes here what rates did you find?

pl7 said: Szymon,

So I reserved a Hyundai Sonata from Hertz. I combined AAA club and AAA benefit which makes the final total price 293/wk.

Use the Last Minute specials contract ID 6600435 from National, combined with the $30 off coupon at nationalcar.com and get an Emerald Aisle (midsize) reservation for $239.36 total. Hopefully they'll have fullsize cars in the aisle when you arrive.

Szymon

thanks a lot.

Actually, I found this code ND2119071Q in the first page can reduce $5 more from the total.

If I use American Express, can I get two car upgrade? Too good to be ture. ^0^

Does anyone know why there is never any discount codes or coupons for Dollar rental car? I've currently got a reservation booked for Vegas the first of Dec and it does seem pretty cheap, but just wondering if there is ever any discounts for Dollar.

Thanks!

mom2boys said: calguy77 said: REQUEST:

Thanks for your help!!!

So using the numerous codes here what rates did you find?

Best thing I could find was 250-600 dollars. Seems a little out of my range, was hoping for 50-75.

Which company and which codes have you tried?

riaesq said: Which company and which codes have you tried?

I tried a $30.00 off code, upgrade code, one free day code, so many of them. Tried Hertz, Alamo, and Dollar

Does anyone know why Kansas City's rental taxes and fees are just as much, sometimes more than the car rental fee itself? It's crazy!!

Ok here's what I finally found, $77.00 one way from Kansas City to MSP one way Alamo, leave dec 25 return car dec 26th. Coupon code 698805? Anyone do anything better?

That's actually not that bad for a one way rental, especially Christmas time when rates may be at their peak. It's certainly a lot less than where you started! Remember that one way rentals may present a major inconvenience for the company. If I want to rent in EWR and drop off in PHL 90 miles away- both major airports-- lots of companies want to charge me WAY more than 77$ for the privilege.

You may want to try National with the Big 10 or 5299328 codes which charge lower initial prices but charge for every mile and figure out which way you come out ahead, but I doubt you'll save a whole lot that way.

Book it and keep trying. Maybe it will come down as you get closer. You've got plenty of time and anything could happen.

Some cities are higher due to less competition, less demand, whatever- if you have read thru this thread you have seen how crazy prices are here in NJ. We pay $5 /day security fee in addition to all the other taxes.

Request:

Please help !!

I am trying to find a good deal for a rental - I am 24 years old.

Mini Van from BWI - Baltimore International Airport

pick up Thursday Nov 22nd at 8:30 AM
drop of Monday Nov 26th at 5:30 PM

Unlimited miles.

what is the best opion ??

pl7 said: thanks a lot.

Actually, I found this code ND2119071Q in the first page can reduce $5 more from the total.

If I use American Express, can I get two car upgrade? Too good to be ture. ^0^

The AMEX double upgrade code expires on 11/15.

You can either have $35 off or the double upgrade.

Since you will have an Emerald Aisle reservation, there is a chance they will have fullsize cars on the aisle - so this would make your double upgrade free

Szymon

riaesq said: We pay $5 /day security fee in addition to all the other taxes.

Looks like MCI airport charges a $4/day "arena fee" on top of everything. So they have it almost as bad

Szymon

assign02,

What is the best rate you found so far?

Szymon

Just received an email from Enterprise. Looks like these expire Dec 17, 2008:

ESN8R2 for the Free Double Upgrade in your neighborhood
ESN8R3 for the Free Upgrade at airports
ESN8R4 for the 50% Off Weekend Special

calguy77 said: Ok here's what I finally found, $77.00 one way from Kansas City to MSP one way Alamo, leave dec 25 return car dec 26th. Coupon code 698805? Anyone do anything better?

Use contract ID 7013604 (AMEX)instead for a total of $71.10.

-updated sp, corrected ID

szymon said: assign02,

Szymon

Was close to 500$

assign02 said: szymon said: assign02,

Szymon

Was close to 500$

In the $460s from Enterprise is the best I saw.

FYI rates on Orbitz are on the $400s and that's for drivers 25 and up, so I think this is the best you would get (unless you are affiliated with a company/univ that waives the fee)

Szymon

I could use some help. I am doing a one way trip from Phoenix to Vegas picking up on 11/18 at noon and dropping off on 11/22 at 7pm. so far the best rate I found so far is Thrifty at $330. I used the Citicorp leisure Avis code to get a lower rate but that doesn't come with miles.

Anyone else with anything I could try?

waterpri said: I could use some help. I am doing a one way trip from Phoenix to Vegas picking up on 11/18 at noon and dropping off on 11/22 at 7pm. so far the best rate I found so far is Thrifty at $330. I used the Citicorp leisure Avis code to get a lower rate but that doesn't come with miles.

Anyone else with anything I could try?

$311.39 inc. taxes and fees at Alamo.com using Contract ID 7013604 and coupon ID AD3829MRB.

i am trying to get a one day rental at philly airport 11/13-11/14..
i tried a lot codes, but cnat get anything below 40$+ tax..

any one can help..plz

TIA

For PHL rental- try Southwest's website, using codes located there. Often good deals in their cities.

riaesq said: For PHL rental- try Southwest's website, using codes located there. Often good deals in their cities.

thanks for that. i tried, but still no luck..

szymon said: kiasuchick said: anyone have issues with enterprise ETBX7B?

I'm getting this error today: (Rental must begin on or after 07/01/06 and end on or before 06/30/08.)

That is for weekly rentals only. If your rental is less than 6 days, use ETBX7A.

Szymon

do you know if you need to have the coupon present at the time of the rental?

i get this message before the booking page

Coupon must be presented at the time of rental in order to validate offer. Thank you.

im looking to rent a premium or luxury car from nov 19th to nov 26th in cincinnati and the best rate i found so far is $215 for a premium car from enterprise using the code ETBX7B but when i hit print confirmation page it says in big bold letts that the coupon has to be presented at the time of rental to validate the offer. if anyone can get me a better or similar deal please let me know i dont want to rely on this reservation since i am unsure if i will be able to get the rate without the coupon present.

Amalan,

That's new - I never saw that before. They did not require the coupon in the past.

Are you renting off-airport? Is the $215 the total with taxes?

Szymon

Could someone please help me with the good deal for car rental? I like to rent car (mid-size) for 2 weeks from MA to Canada. I tried Expedia, Hotwire to see what's the good rate. It is $420 for 2 weeks. Can there be any better deal?
(date: nov 17 - Nov 30). Also, i believe there is some mileage limitation per day going to canada. That also confuses me lot. On a safer side, I would think i might use upto 2000 miles

Any help is appreciated

NeedAgoodName said: Could someone please help me with the good deal for car rental? I like to rent car (mid-size) for 2 weeks from MA to Canada.

Pittsfield? Springfield? Boston? Worcester?

Do you want to pick up off airport or are you flying in?

Szymon

>Pittsfield? Springfield? Boston? Worcester?

>Do you want to pick up off airport or are you flying in?

From Boston to Canada.

No, i am not flying and I will be picking up the car from my local area (zip 01853) and returning there only.

NeedAgoodName said: I will be picking up the car from my local area (zip 01853) and returning there only.

That's Lowell, MA. If you pick up from the Hertz in Chelmsford total for midsize is $346.29 for your dates. This is using the Rate Code LOCAL. (if you have AAA use your club code as the CDP and the total is $311.72) There are no mileage restrictions and you can take the car into Canada as long as you call the location and let them you in advance you will do so.

Szymon

That's Lowell, MA. If you pick up from the Hertz in Chelmsford total for midsize is $346.29 for your dates. This is using the Rate Code LOCAL. (if you have AAA use your club code as the CDP and the total is $311.72) There are no mileage restrictions and you can take the car into Canada as long as you call the location and let them you in advance you will do so.

Thank you so much. Before booking it from the net, should I call them first and let them know first that I am traveling to canada? Yes, I do have AAA card and that the code-club code saved me additional 10%. That was awesome! I just checked at enterprise website with codes posted on this thread. It was not bad either but I find it has 150 miles restriction for canada. Though, I get 2000(??) miles for two weeks but I am afraid I might easily exceed that mileage in my two weeks trip.

If Hertz offers unlimited mileage, it is a huge plus for me. If I go to local Hertz with my AAA card, can I use the rate code LOCAL there? Or is it supposed to be used for online reservation only?

Edited to include (??) for 2000 miles as I am not sure.

Hi can anyone hook me up with a good deal? I am trying to rent a Fullsize car at Calgary airport on December 26th 2007 and I want to return it to Kelowna airport on January 7th 2008. The best deal i can get is through National with the WestJet coupons and it ends up being $663.22 plus $0.25 / kilometre. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Hi, I am visiting Vegas from Dec 24 to Dec 29. There are 6 of us and so we need a minivan. I tried Carlson contract ID and it gave me around 380 in total. The unlimited mile is a must for our reservation. Could anyone have a better suggestion? Thanks a lot!!!

BTW: Could anyone tell me how the upgrade coupon work on the minivan? Thanks!

• Archived From: ForumsTravel Discussion

• 154 55 56575859
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.