Gone Gone Gone

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • 1 2 34559
  • Page
  • Text Only
Ask National if any documents other than your drivers license are required at check in when you confirm the reservation.

I did ask National and they indicated that all I need is my driver's license and a credit card. On some other forum I had read that if you can't show affiliation, they will not honor their price. I was wondering if someone has actual exprience with such a situation.

Moreover I know for a fact that if you use a contract id which includes LDW and any other insurance, and if you get in an accident, you will NOT be covered by the policy unless you actually belong to that organization AND are on offical business. For anyone who decides to use the codes only for insurance, it is not worth it.

mlhm5 said: Ask National if any documents other than your drivers license are required at check in when you confirm the reservation.

I just used Kayak.com to search for car rentals and saved over $40.00 from the best deal I could get from National. I got a full size with tax and everyting $175.00 at thrifty. National with coupon and Frontier Airline code was $215.00

I used the under 25 code (5000491) and got a pretty nice deal.

If they give me crap about not having the physical coupon when I go pick up the car, what should I tell them? Should I say I got something in the mail and threw it out after using the code, or that a friend gave me the code?

benbest said: I used the under 25 code (5000491) and got a pretty nice deal.


Does anyone know what association/company that contract code (5000491) is affiliated with? Do we have to show proof? Thanks!

The name will show up on the reservation printout. I think the one you mentioned is Ohio State.

timrick8 said: The name will show up on the reservation printout. I think the one you mentioned is Ohio State.

By any chance do you know if they want you to bring proof that you're from Ohio State?

Looks liek the double class upgrade coupons only allow you to go to a full size car. Choosing a compact upgrades me to a full size (double) and choosing an intermediate only goes to a full instad of a premium.

mlhm5 said: No printout needed. Make sure by asking when you confirm. If a printout is needed, there is a one car upgrade printable coupon in the post.

where did you get the information on the 2-class upgrade coupon 10009262?


mlhm5 said: Printable 2 car upgrade coupon

this is the American Express coupon 10009493. this coupon is limited to 2 car upgrade from intermediate cars.

i'm wondering where you got your information on coupon 10009262. this you can get your two car upgrade from full size cars.

thanks.

In my experience it is up to the manager of the local yard. I was allowed to upgrade to a premium at San Jose on numerous occasions. I usually got in late at night and they had caddys on the lot, so I asked.

I have called the local yard in advance and asked about upgrading to a premium. Worked in Seattle, RDU, Charlotte, etc.

So ask locally if you can and then you are sure.

GUESsT said: timrick8 said: The name will show up on the reservation printout. I think the one you mentioned is Ohio State.

By any chance do you know if they want you to bring proof that you're from Ohio State?
I used 5000491 last weekend in Chicago (Midway), and they just looked at my printout and drivers license and let me drive off. Just my experience, although I haven't heard of anyone being asked to provide proof for that particular code.

Oddly enough, the total they billed my card was $20 less than the estimate quoted on the printout, but I'm not going to argue.

Thanks for the codes!

jadejasminekayla said:
this is the American Express coupon 10009493. this coupon is limited to 2 car upgrade from intermediate cars.


Brings up a blank page for me on both Firefox and IE.

Printable 2 car upgrade coupon

You might have to click it twice to get the page to load

Good renting

After reading the posts on here, I decided that since I used the affiliation code and the coupon codes that I should probably call National and check. The first time I was told that I needed to have the coupon and the second time I was told that I only needed my driver's license and credit card. I thought that maybe I should check directly with the airport location and the woman there just gave me "bring it to be safe". It seems to be that this is only answered by the mood of the National employee. It seems that they don't have any rule set but then again, that is subject to change with mood.

Coupon ID number 10009262 - double class upgrade- expiers 12/31/05

I am also looking for where this coupon came from. (Coupon ID number 10009262 )
I received the AMEX one but won't be using it..Planning on using the Disney visa card this trip.

Can anyone help??
Thanks

Original post updated 10/12/05 with new info. Check it out.

mlhm5 said:

Update 9.29.05 - Printable Coupon for Two Car Upgrade - Exp. 12.31.05
[/S]


It'sjust a blank page (anyway, almost blank. It says American Express SelectsSM
There is a problem on the web server.
We apologize for the inconvenience).


Can somebody provide a different link?
Thank you

Here's the complete link:

http://www.americanexpressofferzone.com/selects/OfferDetail.aspx?oid=12413&searchtype=category&ctgryid=219&countrycd=us

Thanks to all. Was able to get a full size for four days during Thanksgiving for $90 total. Awesome!

penaddict said:
http://www.americanexpressofferzone.com/selects/OfferDetail.aspx?oid=12413&searchtype=category&ctgryid=219&countrycd=us

I have no ideea what I'm doing wrong but still not working. I sed FIREFOX and IE

Just go to www.americanexpressofferzone.com and click on the travel discount area and then the car rental area. It will be on the first page.

jbhaupt said: Coupon ID number 10009262 - double class upgrade- expiers 12/31/05

I am also looking for where this coupon came from. (Coupon ID number 10009262 )
I received the AMEX one but won't be using it..Planning on using the Disney visa card this trip.

Can anyone help??
Thanks


this is the two class upgrade to use. it let's you upgrade from ANY car class. (the AMEX one has restrictions - not good).

op. i'm sure you didn't just make this number up. where did you get it?

Used 10009262 for a weekly rental at the Oakland Airport. Got a great deal of $146.96 all inclusive on a fullsize car...got the Pontiac Grand Prix (+$3 to use Skymiles # - quite ridiculous). Anyways I must advise everyone to keep the coupon handy. They did ask me to get the coupon by the time I return the car. Luckily there was this lady at the other counter who had an extra coupon with her and let me use it.

In addition I would like to advise everyone that you can play with the deals online and find the best one, then call NAtional and book your car for the same deal without giving your credit card info. This way you are not commited to rent the car and you still have a car booked for you at a great rate.

Anyways thanks for the great deal!

You can also book your rental online without a credit card as well.

jadejasminekayla said: this is the two class upgrade to use. it let's you upgrade from ANY car class. (the AMEX one has restrictions - not good).

op. i'm sure you didn't just make this number up. where did you get it?


For the AMEX coupon, do I have to to use contract id 5066944? or I can use those with bigger discounts such as 5760339? Request Coupon ID 10009493 and Contract ID 5066944

Yes you can mix and match contract IDs and coupons.

Does anyone have this printable coupon (10009262 - double class upgrade)? It goes with Contract ID 66003300 (priceless vactions). If you have a link, please post it or PM me. Thanks!


jbhaupt said: Coupon ID number 10009262 - double class upgrade- expiers 12/31/05

I am also looking for where this coupon came from. (Coupon ID number 10009262 )
I received the AMEX one but won't be using it..Planning on using the Disney visa card this trip.

Can anyone help??
Thanks

theIndus said: I used Contract ID Code for NACDA/6402639 and got almost 50% saving on a SUV in Orlando. Since I do not belong to NACDA or know of any NACDA convention in orlando at the time I shall be there, what are the chances that they would ask for proof of my affiliation to NACDA?
Has anyone had any experience about being asked to provide any proof for the contract id affiliation? Is it safe to use?

Thanx in advance.

BTW Green for you OP. Great post/thread.


Did you take your trip? IOW, did they ask for proof of membership?

Dumb question, where do you input the contract ID's and coupon ID's on the Enterprise website. I tried using 5760339, the Carlson travel one, in the optional space for "Coporate account or Customer number" but it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.

howdyman said: theIndus said: I used Contract ID Code for NACDA/6402639 and got almost 50% saving on a SUV in Orlando. Since I do not belong to NACDA or know of any NACDA convention in orlando at the time I shall be there, what are the chances that they would ask for proof of my affiliation to NACDA?
Has anyone had any experience about being asked to provide any proof for the contract id affiliation? Is it safe to use?

Thanx in advance.

BTW Green for you OP. Great post/thread.


Did you take your trip? IOW, did they ask for proof of membership?


I have not taken the trip yet. I leave on Oct. 24th and shall update the forum with my experience. I also booked a backup in my wife's name using the Contract ID 6600330 (priceless vacations) which is $70 more for the 11 days of renting. I figured if they give me trouble with my reservation, I shall use the other reservation albeit I may have to pay extra to add myself to the driver's list. Reserving in my wife's name cost nothing but I used my emerald club id and credit card to book mine.

BTW, NACDA site linked now.

wes888 said: Dumb question, where do you input the contract ID's and coupon ID's on the Enterprise website. I tried using 5760339, the Carlson travel one, in the optional space for "Coporate account or Customer number" but it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.

this thread is about National not Enterprise.

timrick8 said: wes888 said: Dumb question, where do you input the contract ID's and coupon ID's on the Enterprise website. I tried using 5760339, the Carlson travel one, in the optional space for "Coporate account or Customer number" but it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.

this thread is about National not Enterprise.

I guess it really was a dumb question. Thanks for clearing that up.

I rent exclusively with National over 10 years and never had a problem. Always call the local National and confirm plus ask what you must present to rent the car.

So if I use a contract ID, will I need to prove or at least show that I belong to them. I used the code for SIU (what is that anyway?!), do I need to prove I am a member to get the % off and full liability coverage? Thanks!

did you use ID: 6600431 and coupon 10009453? have you gone yet? any problems?

i've used it every week since july

and they don't ask about the contract code? it doesn't matter if you are not an employee?

bump

wow i just reserved a car with ID: 6600431 and coupon 10009453

it took $37.17 off so my total is $44.25 now. thanks!!!

  • Archived From: ForumsTravel Discussion

  • 1 2 34559
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.