Gone Gone Gone

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • 12 3 4559
  • Page
  • Text Only
Jusr reserved 8-day rental in Maui for $133! Thanks OP!

and no problems? has anyone had problems after the fact?

dorkyden said: wow i just reserved a car with ID: 6600431 and coupon 10009453

it took $37.17 off so my total is $44.25 now. thanks!!!

use the same combination. worked, took 40 somthing off, still much more expensive than expedia.com

It is cheaper if your rent from local than from airport.
I saved $60.98 from local national rental place.
Breakdown:
163.90-60.98+7.98(tax)=110.90 (Intermediate) - around $22.18/day

This is true, but the difference in price may be attributable to alot of things: Airport facility fees, different tax rates, etc. That being said, a non-airport location for me in LA was only $2 cheaper per day.

I just used contract # 5760339 with coupon 10009582 for a weekend rental. Total per day came to $21.90 for a fullsize rental, or $87 total (Thurs noon to Sunday night). This was the best deal, even including the 2-class upgrade coupons.

Also note that on their website, they have "last minute" deals. Keep in mind that these deals arent necessarily "last minute"...for example, you can reserve an SUV in November at many So Cal locations for $38/day (and today is October 25th).

Happy Hunting!

gijoevu said: It is cheaper if your rent from local than from airport.
I saved $60.98 from local national rental place.
Breakdown:
163.90-60.98+7.98(tax)=110.90 (Intermediate) - around $22.18/day

hello, I was searching for deals on car rentals and came across the thread at fat wallet. I don't really understand how to use the codes that you are talkking about, could you please explain? I attend Penn State University and am 26, if that gets me any special deals. I was wondering if you would mind emailing me back and helping me figure out how to get a good deal? Thanks so much!!!

Just go to the National Car Rental web site. Plug in the dates and location you want.
I used the following:

Plug in 5760339 at the Contract ID and 10009262 for the Coupon ID (get the printout of the coupon at AMEX's web site).

There are other samples of IDs to choose from in this message.

Thanks OP.

Booked thru Carlson.
Hope this will not be a problem.

Also enrolled in Emerald club, for free, online the fees are waived now.

Q on Emerald Club:
It says for ByPass Counter service, you can PICK WHATEVER car u like from the lot, if reserved for Intermediate.

Now does this really mean, you can pick whatever? Premium, Luxury, Minivan, SUV, etc.?
Anybody has experience on this?

Bypass the counter when you rent any car at nationalcar.com!

Whatever vehicle you need to rent such as a fullsize car, SUV, convertible, or minivan, you'll be amazed at the speed and convenience of QuickRent®. When you arrive at the location you'll bypass the counter and go directly to the row of the car class you reserved. You can choose any vehicle… whatever make and model you want, whatever color you want. Then simply drive away!

So, yes, you can choose any car you want as long as it's within your "car class"....but if you reserve compact/intermediate, you're not gonna be able to pick between vans/suv's/luxary.

"Emerald Club members can reserve a Midsize/Intermediate car, bypass the rental counter and go directly to the Emerald Club AisleSM at more than 50 major airports in the United States and Canada. Members can choose any car they find on the Emerald Club Aisle but will only pay the reserved Midsize/Intermediate rate. For a complete list of Emerald Club Aisle locations, click here. "

sounds like any car to me!

PS the free emerald club is a HOT DEAL!!!!! it wasnt available when i reserved my car 2 days ago.

NO MORE WAITING IN LINE!!!

dorkyden said: "Emerald Club members can reserve a Midsize/Intermediate car, bypass the rental counter and go directly to the Emerald Club AisleSM at more than 50 major airports in the United States and Canada. Members can choose any car they find on the Emerald Club Aisle but will only pay the reserved Midsize/Intermediate rate. For a complete list of Emerald Club Aisle locations, click here. "

That is what i was hoping.

The catch is what is Emerald Club Aisle? Is it general lot or specific lot?
If specific, then we maynot have entire range of options.

i had a quick question... i was creating a free emerald club membership and wanted to know exactly how to use the contract id... there is only one slot in there so I'm not sure if I can stack... also, I want to check to see where I get the biggest discount but am not sure... any advice? thanks in advance guys...

ps: I want to be able to use the emerald card primarily for a 1-day rentals in the near future and would like to know to get the maximum price off on intermediate or standard car rentals.

thanks in advance

DealsBrokeMe said: dorkyden said: "Emerald Club members can reserve a Midsize/Intermediate car, bypass the rental counter and go directly to the Emerald Club AisleSM at more than 50 major airports in the United States and Canada. Members can choose any car they find on the Emerald Club Aisle but will only pay the reserved Midsize/Intermediate rate. For a complete list of Emerald Club Aisle locations, click here. "

If you call the local National, they can tell you what is on the Emerald Aisle and what you get if you upgrade.

DealsBrokeMe said: dorkyden said: "Emerald Club members can reserve a Midsize/Intermediate car, bypass the rental counter and go directly to the Emerald Club AisleSM at more than 50 major airports in the United States and Canada. Members can choose any car they find on the Emerald Club Aisle but will only pay the reserved Midsize/Intermediate rate. For a complete list of Emerald Club Aisle locations, click here. "

its a specific lot. and dont get your hopes up. i read that you usually get malibu and impalas. just think of it as a speedy way to get your car, with a chance to get a nicer car/suv with XM, like G6, 300,trailblazer,etc

Emerald Club Aisle is usually a specific section within National's lot. At Tampa, it was about three rows under an awning clearly marked "Emerald Club Aisle". At a minimum, every car on this aisle will be an intermediate size, which at TPA were mostly Pontiac G6's, but I did see a number of SUV's also parked on this aisle. I didn't need an SUV so I just grabbed a G6 with leather seats and was driving out of the lot is less than 5 minutes. Used the Carlson code and had no problems whatsoever.

DealsBrokeMe said: Thanks OP.

Booked thru Carlson.
Hope this will not be a problem.

Also enrolled in Emerald club, for free, online the fees are waived now.

Q on Emerald Club:
It says for ByPass Counter service, you can PICK WHATEVER car u like from the lot, if reserved for Intermediate.

Now does this really mean, you can pick whatever? Premium, Luxury, Minivan, SUV, etc.?
Anybody has experience on this?

I dont see the free enrollment ? when i try to enroll it shows $50 under terms ... what am i missing? TIA!

ID: 6600431 and coupon 10009453

I just tried that ID and Coupon and the deal was awesome!

Now... where is the ID and coupon from??

thanks

Jetter88 said: ID: 6600431 and coupon 10009453

I just tried that ID and Coupon and the deal was awesome!

Now... where is the ID and coupon from??

thanks

10009453 is a coupon code from the wholesale store BJ's (like Sam's Club or Costco) - the hard copy of the coupon with code is available here: http://www.bjsvacations.com/promotion/bjs/carrental/BJ_national.pdf From what I've read, they will ask for the coupon, so make sure you print it out.

6600431 is the ID for Frontier Airlines employees.

I too got a great rate using the combination of those two but am leery about using the Frontier Airlines ID as I'm afraid they might ask me for proof of employment with Frontier. I may use a "safer" ID and pay a little higher rate.

More codes and coupons here: http://www.mousesavers.com/national.html#codes Note that this is a site for Disney visitors but the codes work for all National locations.

I got a discount for Bj's Member Benefit Flyer which gave me $20 off but contract id isn't 5129799. Can I still print out the coupon from Bj Coupon?
Can I still use it?

Any help would be helpful.

Thanks,
gijoevu

You can use the upgrade but you cannot combine the $20 off coupons.

HUGE thanks to mlhm5 and the mousesavers site!! I've saved a ton of money w/ National because of you folks.

I just made an EC reservation for Chicago-O'Hare for 18 days.
Original price - 657.79 (including 103.70 in fees!!)
Price with 5125601 + 10009732 coupon - $474.57 (75.75 in fees)

Total savings for one trip - $183.22!!

On the National Emerald Club, is it required to put the company name & contract ID?
I left it blank. good or bad idea?

Anyone uses one of the college's contrac id? Do you have to secure proof of attending said college such as student id and such? All I saw is the Minnesota one requiring University authorization.

I would advise against using codes that includes LDW, CDW. They may not ask for proof of id/memebership at the counter; but when you file a claim; they will surely check.

Thank you! Saved me about $60.

Hi all..

5710540 Contract ID for SIU.. what does SIU stand for and will i need proof of employment?? thanks.

Southern Illinois University. Call locally to confirm and ask what is required to rent the car. Locally they don't care unless it is an upgrade. They like to see the printable coupon.

Carson Travel code works wonders - Ft Myers Florida for 17 days from Dec 21 to Jan 7 = $450 + fees and taxes for Full size class. Every other code I tried was well over $1000 + taxes.

Looking foward to any coupon codes that stretch into 2006.

Thanks OP!

theIndus said: howdyman said: theIndus said: I used Contract ID Code for NACDA/6402639 and got almost 50% saving on a SUV in Orlando. Since I do not belong to NACDA or know of any NACDA convention in orlando at the time I shall be there, what are the chances that they would ask for proof of my affiliation to NACDA?
Has anyone had any experience about being asked to provide any proof for the contract id affiliation? Is it safe to use?

Thanx in advance.

BTW Green for you OP. Great post/thread.

Did you take your trip? IOW, did they ask for proof of membership?

I have not taken the trip yet. I leave on Oct. 24th and shall update the forum with my experience. I also booked a backup in my wife's name using the Contract ID 6600330 (priceless vacations) which is $70 more for the 11 days of renting. I figured if they give me trouble with my reservation, I shall use the other reservation albeit I may have to pay extra to add myself to the driver's list. Reserving in my wife's name cost nothing but I used my emerald club id and credit card to book mine.

BTW, NACDA site linked now.

I completed my trip. Since I had the emerald club membership, went directly to the Aisles/parking lot bypassing the counter compeletly at Orlando airport. Picked my SUV, loaded the family up and drove to the counter and handed my driving license, a copy of the email (which does NOT include the contract ID, as opposed to the printout taken from National site) and my credit card to the lady at the counter. She did not bat an eyelid at my huge discount and waved my thru in 2 minutes.

NO proof of affiliation asked for by them or provided by me (since I had none)

THANK YOU OP!!! You da man.

BTW I saved over 50% in net costs for the SUV by using the NACDA contract id and coupon from National site

nice theIndus

Just rented a week at Maui for 140. Thanks OP. Be careful though, NationalCar had to redo my whole reservation when I returned the car because of some trouble with the contract ID for Carlson Travel. The coupon I used on the reservation was carefully checked.

I am going to Maui in January. Where do I find coupons that don't expire on 12/31/05?

greets, first time poster here.........

I tried the national car rental thingy,,,,,,the contract# 5760339 and Coupon# 10009262,,,it asked for an additional # for a coupon????any suggestions? They gave me good initial price but i hesitated when asked the question i couldnt answer, any hidden fee's or other surprises i should know ahead of time?

Leaving jacksonville florida the 17th 6:00 am returning 26th 6:00 am, car rental coupon code suggestions?

I keep reading carson travel,,,,any good code coupon available? any other things i should about carson?

thanks to the friendly helpful users here at fw

I have been trying to reserve for the thanksgiving weekend Thu 10am to Sun 10am (minneapolis).
I tried the 2 car class upgrade coupon 10009262 but I always get a message "Your
coupon cannot be applied to this selection"
The cheapest I am getting is when I use the Frontier Airlines Contract ID alongwith
the BJ coupon = $81 for three days (intermediate) which isnt really a great deal!

You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

Use the Carlson code and a few of the other codes because at different airports prices differ.

greets again.....

tried a national, ID 6600431 and coupon 10009453, it will not process through as it request to "PLEASE SELECT A COUPON QUANTITY"??? Whats the answer to that question?

mlhm you said: Use the Carlson code and a few of the other codes because at different airports prices differ.

What is the Carson code?
What are the other codes?

nothing illegal please

Thanks, goye

Carlson Travel is a travel agency. Look on the first page and the Carlson Contract ID is bolded.

Use that Contract ID in the space on the National Car Rental from that calls for the Contract ID #.

As far as coupon codes, some work with all Contract ID#'s and some don't.

A good combination is the Carlson Contract ID Code plus the two car printable upgrade from AMEX. You do have to pay for the car with AMEX. That failing, you can always use the latest two car upgrade coupon ID# I posted with the Midwest milage in my update of 11/10/05 or the BJ's one car upgrade.

Nothing illegal, always call the local National to confirm, ask what cars they have and ask what is required to rent the car. Usually only a drivers license is required.

Hi all. We picked up our National rental car today using our awesome FW deal (5760339 and 10009262). Also had our FREE Emerald Club ID (thanks for the tip!). Just wanted to let you know that the clerk at the Emerald counter did ask for our coupon. I had a 2-class upgrade coupon I printed off the AMEX site but used my MasterCard for the rental, no problem. Also, we were given a choice of about 5 different vehicles including an Uplander and a PT Cruiser. We opted for the Impala which was brand new (250 miles) with leather interior, so not bad.

Great deal OP, but make sure you print out a coupon or two to razzle dazzle the counter clerk, because they probably will ask.

• Archived From: ForumsTravel Discussion

• 12 3 4559
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014