• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
25% off
Try H535 or H539 for 25% off
Blackout dates and other details unknown

NE Corridor only:
V735 - 20% off
Valid for sale between September 1, 2005 and April 22, 2006; for travel between October 5, 2005 and April 25, 2006. Reservations must be made at least (3) days in advance of travel for all travel, including unreserved trains. Blackout dates apply: November 22-29, 2005; Dec 16-Jan 2, 2006; Jan 13-16, 2006; Feb 17-20, 2006; April 13-17, 2006. Request discount code V735 when you book online at Amtrak.com or call 1-800-USA-RAIL. The discount is valid for coach travel in the Northeast Corridor, seating is limited. Travel on Acela Express and Metroliners is prohibited. Other restrictions may apply.

----------------------------
DEAD:

Buy one get one free
50% off if two people travel together
H568
Blackout dates apply. Advanced reservation required. Other restrictions may apply. Details unknown

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I believe that this is a discount for the Red Hat Society. As someone else said concerning non-members using this disco... (more)

sechs (Oct. 10, 2008 @ 7:51p) |

Thanks for the heads up. Where I found it did not have any restrictions, but you were right. I called and had ticket re... (more)

originalmillerman (Oct. 11, 2008 @ 12:03a) |

All Amtrak discount codes have restrictions. If you find one "naked," then you need do more research.

sechs (Oct. 11, 2008 @ 3:49p) |

Actively updated FlyerTalk thread:
2008 Amtrak Promotions and Discounts

Check the Amtrak Guest Rewards forum at Flyertalk for further help and discussion.

Thanks. Do you know if it works on the Accela from Bos to NY.

No, "Travel on Acela Express and Metroliners is prohibited. Other restrictions may apply"

Doesn't seem to work Albany to Croton-Harmon, I guess that is not NE Corridor .

billrubin said: Doesn't seem to work Albany to Croton-Harmon, I guess that is not NE Corridor .

Just FYI, NE Corridor is Boston to Washington with all the stops in between.

Thanks all. Will be using this for an upcoming trip!

New codes: H535 or H539 for 25% off
Not only NEC this time

Just did my first "train" trip last week form Williamsburg,VA to Atlantic City, NJ. I must say I was impressed. For me, it took about 1 hour longer as opposed to driving and the cost was approx. the same (gas, tolls) but the ride was more relaxing. The Amtrak part (had to switch to NJ Transit in PHY) was a smoother ride than the car and I didn't need to worry about the perveribal DC traffic mess.

All of my to and from was "on time", but in talking to other passangers that usually is not the case. Anyone have experience with "late" trips? % of lates? Can money be saved traveling "off peak" hours? Are these discount codes seasonal? Thanks.

No actual advance purchase is necessary if you buy online or via kiosk. My friend purchased a ticket using the code at 10:34 am today for a train leaving at 10:38 with the discount correctly applied.

Thanks for the H535 code! Just modified my Thanksgiving tix NYC to DC and got the 25% discount...much better than my AAA fare. FYI, calling their 800 number and speaking with an agent, Amtrak will adjust previously purchased tix!

thanks soooo much! I just purchased my ticket today for tomorrow 11/23 from washington dc to nyc penn station. the normal price was 240 and I got it for 180! I hope they don't somehow cancel it!

THANKS SO MUCH OP~~~

why not take one of those chinese buses?

thanks again for the code. i'm gonna try it again for my day trip tomorrow to nyc again! It worked once, lets hope it works agian!

And as for the china bus... it's just not the same comfort level as the train.

thanks !

skchin said: why not take one of those chinese buses?

Can you pls provide more info on chinees bus? I need to travel from Los Angeles to San Francisco on Dec 30.. Wondering what are my options.. Looks like Amtrak takes more than 10 hours to reach , by car it takes only ~6.5 hrs ..
Any ideas/tips are appreciated.. TIA..

sreejithram said: skchin said: why not take one of those chinese buses?

Can you pls provide more info on chinees bus? I need to travel from Los Angeles to San Francisco on Dec 30.. Wondering what are my options.. Looks like Amtrak takes more than 10 hours to reach , by car it takes only ~6.5 hrs ..
Any ideas/tips are appreciated.. TIA..

It's the Chinatown bus. It was in reference to traveling from Washington D.C. to New York.

Still working, see summary.

As far as the Chinatown buses - it's a great option for DC/NYC/Boston, as it's far cheaper than Amtrak, even with these discounts. Especially if you're going to downtown NYC anyway - most people don't understand that midtown and downtown are miles apart - if you're going uptown that may affect your decision. Google on your cities and Chinatown bus to see the options. Normally nicer than Greyhound.

Neither H535 or H539 worked when trying to book a one way ticket from NY Penn to Albany on 12/21.

Oh well looks like its AAA 10% discount for me.

TheTrolley said: Neither H535 or H539 worked when trying to book a one way ticket from NY Penn to Albany on 12/21.

Oh well looks like its AAA 10% discount for me.

I don't think there are any codes that would work between Dec 16 - Jan 2

As of 4:35am EST Monday, 1/2/06, Codes h569 (15% Off) and h570 (25% Off) are now working for NYP>UCA tickets without a 3 day advance purchase -- for travel on or after 1/3/06.

Thanks Much for that FlyerTalk link in the Deal Summary, buzzy!

BOGO code added. Pretty cool deal if there is two of you traveling together

Would never go with Amtrak after last week's fiasco. Making people pay $7.50 for cereal and $15 for a blanket after being stuck in a train for 24 hours- priceless.

Latke said: Would never go with Amtrak after last week's fiasco. Making people pay $7.50 for cereal and $15 for a blanket after being stuck in a train for 24 hours- priceless.

I don't mean to snap at you, but people who travel should expect higher prices on things sold on board. They could've made more money running a passenger car instead of snack car or even dining car. That's one reason why I always try to bring almost everything I need for the trip to the destination (and that includes a bottle of water FAR from Costco)

I called Amtrak to find out the details on H568. It is a discount code for students visiting colleges. There are no blackout dates between May 1 and September 1. The agent didn't know when it expired, but he *assumed* December 8. According to him, the ADULT is supposed to be the free ticket, but it's not coming up that way for me on the website. 7 day advance purchase necessary.

So, if you want to use this legitimately, make sure your student visits a college on your trip .

And, no, I didn't say this was on FW. I told him the truth - that my child and I were visiting a college town this summer.

Hey,
Just used the H570 for a trip from Cleveland to Buffalo. Price went from 23 to 17.25. Thanks for the code.

H570 worked without the 3-day restriction. Thanks for the code..

Thanks for the H570 code! Saved $12 on a roundtrip from Fresno to Los Angeles. Price went from $48 to $36. That is cheaper than it would have been for gas, not to mention wear and tear on the vehicle.

H570 worked yesterday on a trip from ALBANY to NEW YORK PENN STATION...$53 went to $39.75!

Thanks!

yuri375 said: Buy one get one free
50% off if two people travel together
H568
Blackout dates apply. Advanced reservation required. Other restrictions may apply. Details unknown

25% off
Try H535 or H539 for 25% off
Blackout dates and other details unknown

NE Corridor only:
V735 - 20% off
Valid for sale between September 1, 2005 and April 22, 2006; for travel between October 5, 2005 and April 25, 2006. Reservations must be made at least (3) days in advance of travel for all travel, including unreserved trains. Blackout dates apply: November 22-29, 2005; Dec 16-Jan 2, 2006; Jan 13-16, 2006; Feb 17-20, 2006; April 13-17, 2006. Request discount code V735 when you book online at Amtrak.com or call 1-800-USA-RAIL. The discount is valid for coach travel in the Northeast Corridor, seating is limited. Travel on Acela Express and Metroliners is prohibited. Other restrictions may apply.

I made Amtrak res for Aug06 and as of 2/9/06 code H568 was only 25% off... I called and this is a college to college discount (so we will visit a college)... I called Amtrak and they said this code is only good 1 week before your res. So Amtrak said if I call back in aug I could cancell my res and make new ones (if cheaper).

p

Used H570 (25% off) from RTE to EWR. Thanks OP.

Just used the H570 for St. Cloud, MN to Columbus, WI. Made it cheaper than driving back home for spring break. ($69 roundtrip)

I'm trying to get 2 tickets from ALB to NYP on March 9. However, I cannot see itineraries after 4:15pm. I know that they have 2 other trains going on the route at 5:15pm and 7:xxpm everyday. If I call the CSR to make reservation, any chance I still can use the H568 code?

lovely said: I'm trying to get 2 tickets from ALB to NYP on March 9. However, I cannot see itineraries after 4:15pm. I know that they have 2 other trains going on the route at 5:15pm and 7:xxpm everyday. If I call the CSR to make reservation, any chance I still can use the H568 code?

I see no reason why you couldn't! The deal is actively promoted on their web site so it's not as if it's a "secret sale"

Used the BOGO for me and my gal to get from Raleigh to Washington DC. Round trip would of been $160 dollars but went to 80 bucks for two people round trip.

Great DEAL!

Brent

bjinferno said: Used the BOGO for me and my gal to get from Raleigh to Washington DC. Round trip would of been $160 dollars but went to 80 bucks for two people round trip.

Great DEAL!

Brent

Did you buy your bogo tickets online? Is there any kind of remark on the ticket that you have to be a student visiting college or something?

Bouvas said: I called Amtrak to find out the details on H568. It is a discount code for students visiting colleges. There are no blackout dates between May 1 and September 1. The agent didn't know when it expired, but he *assumed* December 8. According to him, the ADULT is supposed to be the free ticket, but it's not coming up that way for me on the website. 7 day advance purchase necessary.

So, if you want to use this legitimately, make sure your student visits a college on your trip .

And, no, I didn't say this was on FW. I told him the truth - that my child and I were visiting a college town this summer.

I think it's better not to call, they can kill the deal

lovely said: Latke said: Would never go with Amtrak after last week's fiasco. Making people pay $7.50 for cereal and $15 for a blanket after being stuck in a train for 24 hours- priceless.

I don't mean to snap at you, but people who travel should expect higher prices on things sold on board. They could've made more money running a passenger car instead of snack car or even dining car. That's one reason why I always try to bring almost everything I need for the trip to the destination (and that includes a bottle of water FAR from Costco)

I truly hope this part of the quote was simply overlooked-passengers being stuck for 24 hours should get every amenity free. Otherwise, I'm sure everyone on that particular trip would write off Amtrak (or any other provider) forever.

yuri375 said: bjinferno said: Used the BOGO for me and my gal to get from Raleigh to Washington DC. Round trip would of been $160 dollars but went to 80 bucks for two people round trip.

Great DEAL!

Brent

Did you buy your bogo tickets online? Is there any kind of remark on the ticket that you have to be a student visiting college or something?

Good question, anyone know?

Anybody knows the detail of 570 code?

aquadoll said: Anybody knows the detail of 570 code?

Check the flyertalk thread:

Valid for sale and travel between February 1, 2006 and April 30, 2006. Blackout dates apply: Feb. 17-20, 2006; Apr. 13-17, 2006. Discount is good for 25% off best available regular adult, senior or disabled discount rail fare in coach or business class seating only. Excludes sleeper accomodations, Auto Train and 7000-8999 series Thruway services.

Skipping 136 Messages...
All Amtrak discount codes have restrictions. If you find one "naked," then you need do more research.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014