• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi:
Does anyone know of any car rental company NOT charging "ONE WAY DROP CHARGE"??
Thanks!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

From where to where?

Las Vegas, NV to Ontario, CA
bozo007 said: [Q]From where to where?

masthasina said: [Q]Las Vegas, NV to Ontario, CA
bozo007 said: [Q]From where to where?In many metro areas or within a state's larger areas it is not unusual to have no oneway fee (here in FL for example, most don't charge between the large cities). In your case, it's between states, so probably tough to find.

One-way rentals out of Las Vegas are readily available as they like to locate cars out of Las Vegas to Phoenix and Las Vegas. IMHO, it is better to call around to the individual offices rather than relying on the internet.

Avis was offering special one-way rates a couple of years ago. The one-way rate was a bit higher ($20-30/ day) but there was no drop-off fee.

I just went on the Avis website. A LAS-LAS rental is $21/day. A LAS/ONT rental is $41/ day.

Generally what you want to do is this. If you are spending time in Las Vegas, get a cheap rental for the time you are in Las Vegas. Get a NEW rental for the day that you are heading to Ontario.

Hope that helps.

Cool....Thanks for you advice, it will really help<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>...One question though, can I get one-way rentals from the LAS airport itself??

jlawrence01 said: [Q]One-way rentals out of Las Vegas are readily available as they like to locate cars out of Las Vegas to Phoenix and Las Vegas. IMHO, it is better to call around to the individual offices rather than relying on the internet.

Avis was offering special one-way rates a couple of years ago. The one-way rate was a bit higher ($20-30/ day) but there was no drop-off fee.

I just went on the Avis website. A LAS-LAS rental is $21/day. A LAS/ONT rental is $41/ day.

Generally what you want to do is this. If you are spending time in Las Vegas, get a cheap rental for the time you are in Las Vegas. Get a NEW rental for the day that you are heading to Ontario.

Hope that helps.

masthasina said: [Q]Cool....Thanks for you advice, it will really help<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>...One question though, can I get one-way rentals from the LAS airport itself??


Yes, you can. Price them out using Orbitz.com entering LAS as pickup city and ONT as drop-off.

Then use the car rental firm's site using any coupons/discount codes you find here to book it.

Szymon

Thanks you all!! I will be "pocketing the difference" and buying myself some gifts<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>
szymon said: [Q]masthasina said: [Q]Cool....Thanks for you advice, it will really help<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>...One question though, can I get one-way rentals from the LAS airport itself??


Yes, you can. Price them out using Orbitz.com entering LAS as pickup city and ONT as drop-off.

Then use the car rental firm's site using any coupons/discount codes you find here to book it.

Szymon

My assumption was that you would rent from the airport. That is generally where you'll get the best deals (except that you'll pay more in taxes/fees.)


Thanks jlawrence01!
jlawrence01 said: [Q]My assumption was that you would rent from the airport. That is generally where you'll get the best deals (except that you'll pay more in taxes/fees.)

Drop charges are dependent on forcasted demand and inventory levels at the 2 locations involved. If they need the car in the city where you intend to drop off, there may not be a drop off charge. This can change daily based on rental activity. I looked for a rental starting in SJC and ending in LAV 2 days ago and there was a drop off charge. The next day there wasn't. Same vehicle. You may try changing the vehicle type, try a different vendor, etc. Orbitz has a nice comparison grid that shows yout the daily and total charge for the rental. It seems to factor in drop off charges too.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014