• 123 4 58
  • Page
  • Text Only
Studio6 said: Thank you. You made my business trip much better. I can spend same money for much better car.

You are welcome.

We are looking to rent a one way car from orlando airport to cape canaveral to go on a cruise - the date is 3/22/08 - does anyone have any discount codes for that date??

Thanks so much
Leslie

I am arranging a trip in Las Vegas during 11.8-11.14, the best price I have seen through AMD: C031529 for a intermediate car is $221, but I can't see the $30 off discount. Is this the best price I could get?
Thanks again, I leaned a lot from here. It is the first time I want to rent a car.

twoly said: I am arranging a trip in Las Vegas during 11.8-11.14, the best price I have seen through AMD: C031529 for a intermediate car is $221, but I can't see the $30 off discount. Is this the best price I could get?
Thanks again, I leaned a lot from here. It is the first time I want to rent a car.

I think that AWD has been black listed. Be careful!

twoly said: I am arranging a trip in Las Vegas during 11.8-11.14, the best price I have seen through AMD: C031529 for a intermediate car is $221, but I can't see the $30 off discount. Is this the best price I could get?

The coupon doesnt show up, but when you get there and hand it in it will be deducted.
Across has stated that that awd has been blacklisted, but using awd G298100, you can get it for 154 before taxes, (222 after everything) you can use the $30 off coupon with that awd as well.

Thanks for your help!
And I have another question, could I use the $30 off coupon with a upgrade coupon together?

twoly said: Thanks for your help!
And I have another question, could I use the $30 off coupon with a upgrade coupon together?

No. One coupon per rental. .

Thanks!
Last question, I couldn't make my decision between Avis and National, the price after coupon seems little difference.
Anybody has suggestion?

it's my first time using codes to reserve. do i still check the LDW option or is this implicitly included in the code?

Not all codes included LDW.
Some do.

Hi,

I am trying to rent a car for Thanksgiving week but the LWD is killing the deal... any suggestion of a code that includes the LDW? I am in the NJ/NYC area.

Thanks!

zahram said: Hi,

I am trying to rent a car for Thanksgiving week but the LWD is killing the deal... any suggestion of a code that includes the LDW? I am in the NJ/NYC area.

Thanks!

Most credit cards include some sort of LDW or other. But if you want the code to include it, there are a few of them out there. One of them is Avis G298100, this code also has pretty good rates in EWR and JFK

ghurty said: zahram said: Hi,

Thanks!

Most credit cards include some sort of LDW or other. But if you want the code to include it, there are a few of them out there. One of them is Avis G298100, this code also has pretty good rates in EWR and JFK

What company does it belong to? It is not Gevoha. My friend got grilled and asked to produce company pay stub. He tried to get out by saying Gevoha. The rep said it is not even close. Beware.

The name is Gevoha Ltd, it used to be on their systems as OpSec Consulting, but it was changed. (I registered for preferred using their code, and my card has Gevoha Ltd on it) I know for sure that as of one week ago, a note was added into the "profile" page saying that no ID is necessary.

ghurty said: The name is Gevoha Ltd, it used to be on their systems as OpSec Consulting, but it was changed. (I registered for preferred using their code, and my card has Gevoha Ltd on it) I know for sure that as of one week ago, a note was added into the "profile" page saying that no ID is necessary.

It seems you work the this company. Trying to drum up some business for OpSec? Ha. That is not allowed here. Stop your spamming everywhere.

Hi, new to Avis..had success with Emerald Club and Carlson CID last year 12/23-30 out of RSW/Ft Myers.
No hassles and great rate. No check-in counter.

THis year, looking for same dates/location and Avis w/ the AWD for State of FLA is the best deal.

Question is - If I join the "Wizard" program (well I did already) and book using the FSU code, is there
any id or check-in counter experience required. Just looking for lowest possible rate/sub-compact here.

GREATLY appreciate any further details as, again, I have no experience w/ Avis and wonder if Wizard is
similar to Emerald Club as far as being able to just bring my 'papers' from web-reservations and go directly to the car lot from the plane...?

Thanks for any help!

Shep.

Studio6 said: ghurty said: The name is Gevoha Ltd, it used to be on their systems as OpSec Consulting, but it was changed. (I registered for preferred using their code, and my card has Gevoha Ltd on it) I know for sure that as of one week ago, a note was added into the "profile" page saying that no ID is necessary.

It seems you work the this company. Trying to drum up some business for OpSec? Ha. That is not allowed here. Stop your spamming everywhere.

No, I do not work for this company, I have a friend who does and that is how I found out about it. I am just trying to pass on some good rates. For the past year, I knew to turn to Fatwallet for all my car rental needs, so I am just trying to give back. According to my friend the company does more then $500K worth of car rentals a year, so they get pretty good rates.

I'm planning a Mini Van rental from 11/17 - 11/25; yes, I know its 2 days away. I have already booked with Thrifty for $350 total incl all taxes, but have heard good things about Avis, and thought I'd give it a shot if rates are competitive. The rack rate comes to $439.00 (yikes!!).

Can someone please help me find a better rate? Thanks!

Sorry, forgot to add location -- LAX.

meetkeyur said: I'm planning a Mini Van rental from 11/17 - 11/25; yes, I know its 2 days away. I have already booked with Thrifty for $350 total incl all taxes, but have heard good things about Avis, and thought I'd give it a shot if rates are competitive. The rack rate comes to $439.00 (yikes!!).

Can someone please help me find a better rate? Thanks!

Avis $5 off a daily rental. MUFB018 (intermediate through full. Exp 12/31/07

-Andrew

Do you know of anybody that's used AWD #A113400 for Avis. Looks like it's for Florida government employees.

barbdil said: Do you know of anybody that's used AWD #A113400 for Avis. Looks like it's for Florida government employees.

I think that is internal code. It's bad to use it.

OFFICIAL Avis Car Rental Discount Codes & Coupons

[Any questions or rate requests, please post on this thread. Also
please report any expired or trouble using the coupon]

General Information:
At their typical locations, renters may choose from an array of GM cars. From Chevrolet, they offer the Cobalt, Monte Carlo, Impala, Silverado Truck, Trailblazer, Express, Uplander, and Suburban, among others. You can also hire a Pontiac G6 or Vibe, the Buick Lucerne, the Cadillac DTS, or the GMC Yukon. Cool cars include Hummer H3, Cadillac CTS, Chrysler 300 HEMI, Lincoln MKX, Chrysler Crossfire, Ford Mustang, Toyota Prius Hybrid and Nissan Altima Hybrid. Choose from among vans, convertibles, compacts, and sedans with two or four doors. Most cars are automatic, and XM Satellite Radio is FREE with every premium or luxury rental.

Avis has excellent area / branch coverage. Most airport locations are 24/7 or will stay open late until your flight arrives.

They may be more on a high end, premium business class car rental agency, rather than a cheap rental car company, but when you apply the discount code and coupon. They are quite reasonable. You also get frequent travel points that other second tier companies don't provide. For example, 500 United miles per rental. These points alone should be worth around $10-20 for each rental. They provide above average service & car and they don't try to scam you by claming car damages you did not cause. A full size for them is Chevrolet Impala or Ford Taurus; some second tier companies claim Nissan Altima is a full size.

Discount Code Usage:
Book directly on www.Avis.com. You can also book it using Expedia or Travelocity by selecting you have a discount code and Avis as car rental company.

On the second page of reservation using Avis.com, you will see the following:

ALWAYS select "Check lowest rate". Only select corporate rate if lowest rate does not offer unlimited mileage and you need it. Check this selection carefully, try both if necessary.

Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD): This is where you enter the discount code. For example: C070127. By entering this code, it pulls up discounted rate as well as other features such as underage fee waived or insurance included. Features currently do not show up on the web booking confirmation.

If you have Preferred status, then you can rent a car without the rental agents' help, so they will not have a chance to check your AWD code. You have to enter your arriving airline and flight number in order to get Preferred service.

Rate Code: Not useful.

Coupon Number: You can use a AWD and stack your saving with one coupon. The coupon number (e.q. MUFA045) is a number printed on an Avis coupon to identify it. The coupon value is NOT reflected in your estimated total, it will be applied at the time of your rental. Please be sure to check the terms and conditions on the coupon for applicability. Coupons are LINKED to AWD at some level, so make sure you use the AWD that is intended for that coupon.

Most of these coupons are electronic and don't require anything physical to be presented. And most of the cases rental agents wouldn't ask about it. In case you are asked to present the coupon, a common excuse is "it is an internet coupon" etc. In any case, try to use ones that have a link for printout first.

Avis Preferred Service
Skip the line, paperwork and AWD questioning. A better chance for upgrade.
https://www.Avis.com/AvisWeb/profile/enrollment.ex?APPLICATION_TYPE=PREFERRED
Enter following information:
Company Name: Car & Driver
Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number: C070127

Drive Free
Rent 5 days and get a Free 2-day weekend rental.
https://www.ccrgservices.com/web/drivefree/

Canadian Avis Weekender Club
Rent 4 times get a free weekend.
https://www.Avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/CA/en/deals/ca_weekender_club.jsp?ICID=ca_deals_landing&IID=weekender_club_image

Canadian location perks
And for additional perks, you can get game tickets/free round of
golf/ski pass(or other stuff) each time you rent.
https://www.Avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/CA/en/deals/ca_specials.jsp

Voted Best Avis AWD Discount Code: C070127
https://www.av_is.com/AvisWeb/reservation/ReservationsInitializer?AWD_NUMBER=C070127
(remove the underscore in the link)

- Excellent rates, best Avis discount offered anywhere
- Anyone can use this code, this belongs to Car and Driver Magazine
readers (go pick one up from a magazine stand?)
- Unlimited miles
- Discounted one way rentals and no drop off charge
- No driving area restriction in North America
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) included ($3000 deductible)
- I keep getting upgraded by using this code for some reason

You MUST MUST use AWD code C070127 to ensure these coupons to work. Some people reported without using C070127, the coupon was not honored.

Double Upgrade
Coupon Number UUWA062
Expiration date: 12/31/07
http://redirect.Avis.com/corp_accounts/UUWA062.html

$50 Off Monthly rental + 1 upgrade
Coupon Number MUWA096
http://redirect.Avis.com/corp_accounts/MUWA096.html

Save $30 on Weekly Rental ON ALL CLASS
Coupon Number MUWA086
Expiration date: 12/15/07
http://www.Avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/en/deals/30weekly.jsp?ICID=DealsLanding&IID=30weekly

$20 Off Weekly Rental
Coupon Number MUCA010
Expiration date: 12/31/2007
http://redirect.Avis.com/corp_accounts/20off_cp.html

MUWA032 - $20 off weekly on Regular Car
MUWA033 - $30 off weekly on Premium/Luxury/SUV/Van

Third Weekend Day Free
Coupon Number TUBA002
http://redirect.Avis.com/corp_accounts/third_weekend_cp.html
Coupon Number TUSA012
Expiration date: 12/31/2008
http://www.Avis.com/AvisWeb/html/bridge/corp/coupons/thirdweekend.html

Save $10-$20 off a weekend rental
Coupon # MUMA011 for a 2-day rental
Coupon # MUMA012 for a 3-day rental
Coupon # MUMA013 for a 4-day rental
http://redirect.Avis.com/corp_accounts/1020off_cpn.html

Free Upgrade on Weekend Rental
Coupon Number UUWA055
http://www.Avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/en/deals/wkendup.jsp?ICID=DealsLanding&IID=Weekendupgrade

1 Class Upgrade at Off-Airport Locations for weekly or weekend rental
Coupon Number UUWA057
http://www.Avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/en/deals/offairup.jsp?ICID=DealsLanding&IID=Offairportupgrade

$30 off a weekly rental on SUV or Premium
Coupon: MUGH200
Coupon valid on a Premium (Group G) or a Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV
Groups W, L, Z). Dollars off applies to the daily time and mileage
charges only for the entire rental with a minimum of five days that
includes a Saturday night stay over. Taxes, concession recovery fees,
customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA), optional items and other
surcharges may apply and are extra. Coupon must be surrendered at time
of rental; one per rental. May not be used in conjunction with any other
coupon, promotion or offer, except your AARP discount. An advance
reservation is required. Coupon valid at participating Avis locations in
the contiguous United States and Canada. Offer subject to vehicle
availability at the time of rental, and may not be available on some
rates at some times. Offer may not be available during holiday and other
blackout periods. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit
requirements. Minimum age is 25, but may vary by location. Renter must
present proof of membership at the time of rental. Rental must begin by
6/30/2008.

$25 off a weekly rental
Coupon: MUGH199
Coupon valid on an Intermediate (Group C) through a Full Size 4-door
(Group E) car. Dollars off applies to the daily time and mileage charges
only for the entire rental with a minimum of five days that includes a
Saturday night stay over. Taxes, concession recovery fee, customer
facility charges ($10/contract in CA), optional items and other
surcharges may apply and are extra. Coupon must be surrendered at time
of rental; one per rental. May not be used in conjunction with any other
coupon, promotion or offer, except your AARP discount. An advance
reservation is required. Coupon valid at participating Avis locations in
the contiguous United States and Canada. Offer subject to vehicle
availability at the time of rental, and may not be available on some
rates at some times. Offer may not be available during holiday and other
blackout periods. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit
requirements. Minimum age is 25, but may vary by location. Renter must
present proof of membership at the time of rental. Rental must begin by
6/30/2008.

I have been a lurker for a very long time now, but I was bored a little, so now I am giving back.
Here are car rental codes for multiple rental agencies sorted by best rate for a one day rental. I also have them grouped by type.

REMEMBER this was for a one-day rental (Feb11 - Feb12) for JFK and LAX. Some codes are going to be better in other locations, as well as if the rental is longer

The thread where I posted it can be found HERE

I've been wanting to book a rental for some time now from December 27th to January 2nd

I used the AWD code that was posted (Imperial Technology) C031529 and I've been scoping rates for a good two weeks now, and they have stayed exactly the same.

I had two main questions:

1) If a coupon expires on 12/31/07, I will not be able to used it when I return the car on January 2nd? (right?)
2) Everytime I look at other car rental agencies, I always get much higher rates than Avis. Am I doing something wrong?

And one secondary question:

3) Is 171.94 for a compact for ~6 days a good rate? That's 30 bucks a day.

Thanks, especially to the people who keep threads like these updated.

-IR

IRelayer said: I've been wanting to book a rental for some time now from December 27th to January 2nd

1) If a coupon expires on 12/31/07, I will not be able to used it when I return the car on January 2nd? (right?)

1) The coupon can still be used as you're picking up the vehicle prior to the expiration date. Please Note that most locations may blackout these dates so make sure the web site accepts this coupon.

3) No idea - depends on location For Newark, NJ it's a great rate, for Wichita, KS not that great.

Szymon

szymon said: IRelayer said: I've been wanting to book a rental for some time now from December 27th to January 2nd

1) The coupon can still be used as you're picking up the vehicle prior to the expiration date. Please Note that most locations may blackout these dates so make sure the web site accepts this coupon.

3) No idea - depends on location For Newark, NJ it's a great rate, for Wichita, KS not that great.

Szymon

Thanks for the reply.

1)How do I know if they took the coupon or not?

2)It is for Chicago area, for an off-airport site. Is 30 bucks a day a good rate?

-IR

was looking to make a oneway reservation (pick up at one airport and drop off at another) about 1 wk in advance and the lowest price i could find with any of the big car rental companies was around $72. forgot to book and when i tried to make the reservation 1 day before pick up day the lowest price i could find was $115. clearly i started panicking and started calling up car rental companies by phone. surprisingly i ended up getting a really good rate at Avis w/my costco membership (didnt even know there were discounts w/costco!) - ~69. moral of the story is to book early and call around if needed

IRelayer said: 1)How do I know if they took the coupon or not?

2)It is for Chicago area, for an off-airport site. Is 30 bucks a day a good rate?

-IR

1) If you did not receive an error message while booking, the coupon was accepted.
2) Not enough info An address would be helpful.

For example, for the Libertyville IL location I am seeing $92.22 total for 6 days for a compact.

Szymon

szymon said: IRelayer said: 1)How do I know if they took the coupon or not?

-IR

1) If you did not receive an error message while booking, the coupon was accepted.
2) Not enough info An address would be helpful.

For example, for the Libertyville IL location I am seeing $92.22 total for 6 days for a compact.

Szymon

The location is: Downers Grove

Thanks for all of your help, I really do appreciate it.

Update: You were right, I checked last night, and it was 171, I checked today and it was 87 (before taxes and the LDW). How odd...anyway I booked the reservation and with the LDW and a 15 off coupon I'm in at about 24 dollars a day

-IR

IRelayer said: I checked last night, and it was 171, I checked today and it was 87 (before taxes and the LDW). How odd...
-IR

Yes, we determined on the previous thread that my browser can predict the future for some reason.

Glad you were able to get the great deal!

If you don't work for Imperial Technology, you should be able to use Delta code K817625 for the same rate.

Szymon

i had rented a car from Avis last weekend.later that evening i noticed that the driver's side view mirror was cracked.i have no idea if it was already like that when i picked up or someone had hit it in my parking lot.nevertheless when i returned the car i was honest about it.they asked me to fill up some claim form.now my questions:am i going to get in some trouble over this...
should i rent again from them using the same code.
i always use code G298100
please help

helpmezz said: am i going to get in some trouble over this...
should i rent again from them using the same code.
i always use code G298100

Are you an employee or associated with Gehova?

If not then hope that Avis won't find out because you have breached the contract.

Szymon

I need some help getting a good rate with the insurance. I have been trying all combos and it still seems high to me. dec 23-dec 26 are the travel dates i am coming up with a rate of about 55 a day with the insurance. At these prices I cant afford christmas. If anyone has any ideas please let me know

thanks

Has anyone ever used Avis Code B335100 (British Airways). The discount is higher than all the others I have seen posted/used by others. However, I'm curious what info will be asked from me if I use this code. Anyone have experience using it?
Thanks

hello guys I need to rent a car from Jan 8th to 18th, in Ontario, CA. what's a good idea for this location and for 10 days? thanks guys what I found is around 300 bucks for 10 days, for a full size

Hi. I'm trying to rent a prius for a day or two to go from san francisco to los angeles and back. 12/24-12/25
using, AWD code C070127, i get it to $87 a day.
i also tried Hertz using the car and driver code but that comes out to around $104.

question: i mainly want to get the underage fee and insurance waived. how do i know if the fee's got waved?

if anyone knows how to get those rates lowered even more let me know. i realize i'm traveling during blackout dates. i'm hoping to at least get the fees waived. thanks

oh, and the prices are before taxes

okaythen said: hello guys I need to rent a car from Jan 8th to 18th, in Ontario, CA. what's a good idea for this location and for 10 days? thanks guys

A good idea is to tell us what size car, and the best price you found on your own for this rental.

Szymon

szymon said: okaythen said: hello guys I need to rent a car from Jan 8th to 18th, in Ontario, CA. what's a good idea for this location and for 10 days? thanks guys

A good idea is to tell us what size car, and the best price you found on your own for this rental.

Szymon

in Priceline.com I found around 300 bucks for 10 days for a full size

okaythen said:
in Priceline.com I found around 300 bucks for 10 days for a full size

Using VacationOutlet.com contract ID 5042947, and the $30 off coupon at nationalcar.com you can get a fullsize for $190.76 total for your dates.

Szymon

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014