"Executive VIP selection" at National?

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
While walking over to the Emerald Aisle at ATL, I noticed a couple of Cadillacs (mainly CTS', DTS' and an SRX) parked in a special slot that was marked as the "Executive VIP selection". I haven't seen this anywhere else. Does anyone know what this section is and what are the requirements for getting a car from this group?

Cheers.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Call 1 800 national and let us know your findings

tweekerz said: [Q]Call 1 800 national and let us know your findings

How would calling National Gypsum help?

National Car Rental's number is 1-800-CAR-RENT.

Szymon

If you rent from them enough, you get into their Exec VIP program. (I'm in!) You just reserve an intermediate car and you get to pick anything from that section of their lot. Usually SUV's and larger cars when I've been there. Not many Caddi's

cyfan said: [Q]If you rent from them enough, you get into their Exec VIP program. (I'm in!) You just reserve an intermediate car and you get to pick anything from that section of their lot. Usually SUV's and larger cars when I've been there. Not many Caddi's

May I know your rental pattern? Is it based on the number of rentals or total days? I really do want to get into the VIP league and should have about 50 rentals by the end of the year.

The VIP aisle at ATL is always loaded with DTSs, CTSs and 300s.

gforce84 said: [Q]cyfan said: [Q]If you rent from them enough, you get into their Exec VIP program. (I'm in!) You just reserve an intermediate car and you get to pick anything from that section of their lot. Usually SUV's and larger cars when I've been there. Not many Caddi's

May I know your rental pattern? Is it based on the number of rentals or total days? I really do want to get into the VIP league and should have about 50 rentals by the end of the year.

The VIP aisle at ATL is always loaded with DTSs, CTSs and 300s.

Wasn't as easy as it should be to find on National's site, but google found this:
http://www.nationalcar.com/grid.do

To reach this level, a member needs 12-24 rentals or 40-84 rental days per calendar year*.

Not really clear, but if you already have 24 rentals I would call them up and ask. I assume you are an Emerald Club member? (Edit: Obviously, since you are walking through the Emerald Aisle).

Xeon852 said: [Q]
Wasn't as easy as it should be to find on National's site, but google found this:

To reach this level, a member needs 12-24 rentals or 40-84 rental days per calendar year*.

Not really clear, but if you already have 24 rentals I would call them up and ask. I assume you are an Emerald Club member? (Edit: Obviously, since you are walking through the Emerald Aisle).
I guess you're referring to the Executive and Exec. Elite levels. I'm already a member of the top tier, i.e., Exec. Elite with over 30 rentals this year.
My question to cyfan deals with the number of rentals required to get into the unpublished VIP category that's supposed to be a step above Exec. Elite.

gforce84 said: [Q]Xeon852 said: [Q]

I guess you're referring to the Executive and Exec. Elite levels. I'm already a member of the top tier, i.e., Exec. Elite with over 30 rentals this year.
My question to cyfan deals with the number of rentals required to get into the unpublished VIP category that's supposed to be a step above Exec. Elite.
So what you are refering to isn't the executive selection that you are allowed as an exec. elite, but rather a seperate VIP section?

Xeon852 said: [Q]
So what you are refering to isn't the executive selection that you are allowed as an exec. elite, but rather a seperate VIP section?
Exactly! There are three different aisles for members of National's frequent renter program:
Emerald Aisle - for the newbies or lowly Emerald Club members,
Executive Selection - for Executive and Executive Elite members,
Executive VIP - exclusive selection of Cadillacs and other better-than-average cars for renters belonging to the top tier (Exec. VIP). This aisle is only present at major corporate locations such as ATL.

gforce84 said: [Q]Xeon852 said: [Q]
Exactly! There are three different aisles for members of National's frequent renter program:
Emerald Aisle - for the newbies or lowly Emerald Club members,
Executive Selection - for Executive and Executive Elite members,
Executive VIP - exclusive selection of Cadillacs and other better-than-average cars for renters belonging to the top tier (Exec. VIP). This aisle is only present at major corporate locations such as ATL.
Ah. I've never noticed it before - although I don't rent very often (~5x per year).

I may be Executive Selection...I've never noticed an Executive VIP section. (I live in Atlanta so never get a car there.) I've probably traveled on average every week for the past year. 1-3 days a week, sometimes multiple cities (rentals). That may give you an idea of my volume. All I know is if I see the word "Executive" on a sign, I take one of those cars. I was Emerald Isle of course from the beginning and one day they just sent me the Executive (whatever) information.

cyfan said: [Q]I may be Executive Selection...I've never noticed an Executive VIP section. (I live in Atlanta so never get a car there.) I've probably traveled on average every week for the past year. 1-3 days a week, sometimes multiple cities (rentals). That may give you an idea of my volume. All I know is if I see the word "Executive" on a sign, I take one of those cars. I was Emerald Isle of course from the beginning and one day they just sent me the Executive (whatever) information.
Uh oh, I guess you're an Exec. Elite member. At ATL, all Executive VIP members are supposed to get fully loaded Cadillacs and Chryslers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014