NEW Car Rental Discount Codes

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
Anyone have an over 25 code for SFO between december 18th and january 4th?

fatwalletdotcomforum said: Anyone have an over 25 code for SFO between december 18th and january 4th?

<sigh> Well that didn't take long.
Whole page of them on page 1. Let us know what you come up with.

Studio6-- The $35 coupon for National actually expires 12/15, if you can amend that.

Szymon- you are a veritable fountain of wisdom. Thanks for saving me another $5.

riaesq said: fatwalletdotcomforum said: Anyone have an over 25 code for SFO between december 18th and january 4th?

<sigh> Well that didn't take long.
Whole page of them on page 1. Let us know what you come up with.

It was too far for him to go to the first page...easier to post an "uninformed" question!
or stupid or silly if you want to be really mean!!

fatwalletdotcomforum:

You need to look and search. The info is right there! You found out how to register and post you should be able to find and USE THE CODES on your OWN!

What happened to the links? That was a great thread.

The OP took his codes and links and ran. We don't know why.

Update on LAX rental 12/19-29-- midsize with Avis, Ent rate and $20 coupon, 177.77. Still hoping National will meet it- sometimes that happens.

UPDATE-- Wow, this is interesting. I just realized that my arrival time was off by 12 hours on my res, so I called Avis. Adding the extra 12 hours raised my price by $100! That's over the phone. Yet, online the price went up significantly less- now at 205$ with $30 online coupon (it's on their website).

More interesting stuff- I tried a bunch of Avis codes and the price did not go down at all- sometimes it went up by a LOT. I saw that there is a surcharge of $1.82/day for using some corporate accounts-- who knew? So in many cases, they give the discount with one hand and take it back with the other. So I didn't use any codes after all.

Just when you think you have it all figured out.....

thegoodstuffsher

What is the source of the Alamo coupon --AD3529YUD 15 dollars off 3 days?

Thanks!

great deals with the carlson codes

I just got the Marriott Rewards summary in the mail today with a few new Hertz coupons. Hopefully these will help someone:

Save Up to $35 and Earn Double Points from Hertz
Now through December 31, 2007, at a participating airport of off airport location in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada and enjoy the following weekend and weekly offers.

Reserve this offer online by clicking on one of the offers, below:

Weekend Rentals
$30 Off and Double Points on Prestige, Fun and Green Collections (PC#101054)
$20 Off and Double Points on All Other Vehicles (PC #101404)

Weekly Rentals
$35 Off and Double Points on Prestige, Fun and Green Collections (PC #101275)
$25 Off and Double Points on All Other Vehicles (PC #101286)

Or, to reserve this offer offline, call your Travel Agent, or Hertz directly at 1-800-654-2210 in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, or 1-800-263-0600 in Canada. At the time of reservation, you must provide your Marriott Rewards membership number, Marriott Discount CDP number 154080, and the PC# listed above.

Marriott Hertz offer

Valid through: December 31, 2007

luv2trvl said: great deals with the carlson codes

Can you give us your info? Like how much you saved and where? It could definitely be helpful. TIA!

Anyone have any other codes for Alamo that will give a discount of more than 10%?

It seems like the best that I can do in LV is through Alamo. I'm working on the LV airport: Dec 16, 2:00pm to Dec 21,10:00pm.

So far, I've managed to get a rate of 103.31 + tx (total 154.26) for a compact SUV which is about the same as thrifty's midsize rate so it seems like a pretty good deal. The rates for National are so high the extra discounts don't come close to matching this. I've used the $25 off coupon for Alamo and tried the various MC/VISA rates but they all seem to max out at 10%. Any ideas?

Also, when I applied the $25 off coupon, there was a red warning on the top of the screen about possibly needing to present this at the counter. I managed to locate the actual coupon, which isn't linked on the Alamo site anymore. Alamo Hot Deals - $25 off, exp. 1/31/08

Everything in the first post should be removed and reposted in the Quick Summary so that us users can edit the info. Most of it is usless, but some of it can easily be recovered by searching.

Example: Budget - Great Budget Pricing, Upgrade, $15 off Week, free weekend day
missing link: http://www.bjsvacations.com/promotion/bjs/carrental/BJ_budget.pdf

riaesq said: Studio6-- The $35 coupon for National actually expires 12/15, if you can amend that.

Done. I am trying to update the first as much as I can.

Thanks for the update!

If anyone knows of printable coupons that can be presented upon pickup (as opposed to codes used when making the res) for Avis or Dollar - would be much appreciated. Just scoured the old an this thread and looks like they are all codes. The usual googling brings up expired AMEX coupons to print, mostly from 06. (My family makes the reservations through a special travel company and therefore can't use the codes, but they accept printable coupons to be added when the car is picked up)

Tnx!

There are some coupons on the Avis website under "special offers". Just print out the page.

They're all for use when making the res, don't seem to be any printable ones for use upon pickup. (Unless I'm missing something) The AMEX one for example prompts you to make the res. from the page. The last one I can recall using was an AMEX printable 10% to be presented at the counter.
Thanks

you guys got me thinking about the possibilities on what can go wrong by using the codes. so i'm figuring that god forbid, i get into an accident, and they find out that i was using the ithaca college code when i obviously don't go there, its an easy way for them to cancel the insurance and make me basically pay for the entire car. so i was thinking, will the carlson travel code work or is that also a risk? also, need a little bit of help on my booking since i probably have to cancel my old one (which uses a code), i'm not in the mood to take a $30,000 risk.

I don't currently have auto insurance since it makes no sense for me to get it (i study abroad and come home for a max of 2 weeks a year). So while I was searching for a cheap booking, I came upon a UK site which does worldwide booking. So this is my quote for the Dec. 21 - Dec. 24 from JFK for an intermediate (pontiac g6 or similiar).

Base rate: 91.15
Total trip cost 91.15
Taxes and fees included
Your reservation will be confirmed by e-mail. Prices are not confirmed until we issue your confirmation invoice.
Your price includes:

* Unlimited Mileage
* Loss Damage Waiver with No Excess
* Local Tax
* Additonal Liability Insurance
* Location Service Charge
* Airport Service Charge
* Fuel (Must be Returned with Full Tank or a Refilling Charge will Apply)

Optional extras:

* 1 Additional Driver
* Personal Accident Insurance
* Personal Effects Protection
* Child Seat Baby
* Navigational System GPS
* Underage Driver Charges, Payable Locally For Drivers Aged 21-24

You can check for yourself at carbookers.com

So anyway, my question is, god forbid something happens, will I be completely covered? The rate is pretty good because my national with ithaca code is some $360. thanks a lot for your help guys.

I think you would be fine, but the best thing to do would be to call them to and ask to be sure.

That said, I got a rate of 83.80 pounds (Midsize, unlimited miles) with National Car Rental using the Westjet code that anyone can use. That didn't include insurance but that would only work out to around 10.35 pounds extra anyways - which is VERY close to the carbookers rate. If you could find a coupon that works with that it might work out even cheaper. Also, if you bought insurance separately they wouldn't be able to cancel it and make you pay in the event of an accident since its not part of any 'discount' package using a corporate code like the one through Ithaca.

One thought, you said you study abroad - are you over 25? You might want to check the additional fees carefully if you are. I checked National which ranges from $25-$70.82 in New York. And this is what carbookers says:
Minimum Age
All car suppliers have a minimum age to be able to rent without incurring any extra charges, this is normally 25 and above. Drivers between the ages of 21-24 will always incur an extra surcharge which is payable locally, is subject to tax and is non refundable. These fees can range from 10.00 euros a day in Europe and from US$25.00 to US$50.00 US in the United States. Once you have selected your car please read the car rental rules where you will be able to find the amount payable.

Also, this worries me from the Carbookers TOS:
Cancellation:
Car Hire

Change: 35 per booking
Cancel: 35 per booking

Pretty much that means that once you're booked you're stuck. Rental rates fluctuate so by using carbookers you're getting hooked into staying with them. If you rent directly with National or any of the major agencies you'll be able to re-book at lower rates if and when they come up. As an example, I originally booked a compact car with National in Las Vegas for Dec 16-21. I've now managed to cancel that reservation and rebook with Alamo to get an SUV - and I'm paying less! FWIW, for a few extra dollars I'd just go through the Westjet website and rent direct with National. Also, use some of the promo links and get enrolled in the Emerald Club and you'll be able to pick from whatever is on the lot.

thanks for the westjet link. total came out to be $213 including SLI. I didn't take LDW since I already have that from American Express, not their normal one, but the premium one (AMEX's regular rental insurance in only secondary, so if you don't have auto insurance, you're out of luck). I don't need to take national LDW right? amex coverage . also, i'm already an emerald club member and they have my age (i'm 21) and they didn't do any upcharging like they usually do so I guess the westjet code also includes 21-24 no upcharge. I got my confirmation and the level of service is emerald aisle. So looks like everything is good to go with no risk, thanks a lot Sinoed. If someone could just check out the AMEX LDW link and tell me if that is more than enough, I would be so grateful. Thanks a lot guys.

bbyf16 said: I already have that from American Express, not their normal one, but the premium one (AMEX's regular rental insurance in only secondary, so if you don't have auto insurance, you're out of luck).

Actually, most credit card companies are secondary only if a primary exists. Therefore if you have no auto insurance, the credit card insurance would automatically become primary.

bbyf16 said: I don't need to take national LDW right?

Correct. You need to decline LDW in order to take advantage of the credit card insurance benefit.

bbyf16 said: also, i'm already an emerald club member and they have my age (i'm 21) and they didn't do any upcharging like they usually do so I guess the westjet code also includes 21-24 no upcharge.

Even though they have your age, the web site will not 'check' this and automatically charge you. You will be charged at the booth when you pick up your car. The underage fee for National in New York is $70.82/day.

Szymon

Any way to get the Enterprise rental links in this thread?

Found links to the old Enterprise links here:
Enterprise links here

Any way to put them in the OP?

Underage surcharges in New York:

Alamo: no station at JFK
Budget: $110.00
Avis: $110.00
National: $70.82
Hertz: $35.00 (up to fullsize sport)
Thrifty: Surcharge but ??
Enterprise: Surcharge but ??

It looks like if you have to pay a surcharge you're going to have to work with it a bit to get the best rate. The underage fees at $110.00 are going to kill any deal you might get. I tried a few different codes at Hertz (including the Car & Driver one) and I found it was cheaper to not use them (but then again I didn't check all of them!). The best rate I got through Hertz was 89.75 a day for a compact (no code) + $35.00 surcharge = $124.75. Which works out to approximately $375 + taxes & fees. The rate with National, (because of the surcharge) would be around $385.00 + taxes. I would try to see if there is a code that you can use that waives the underage charge. I'm not exactly sure how the Emerald Aisle service works at JFK, but if you can use a code that waives the underage fee is anyone going to be there to actually check it?

You could also call the rental agent directly at the airport and see if you can swing a better deal direct, by agreeing to take extra insurance if they waive the underage fee or discount it or something like that. I booked a rental once in Edmonton when I flew out that way and ended up getting the best deal by visiting the airport booths myself. I just went when it was slow and casually chatted up the agents to see what kind of deal I could get (I was under 25 at the time). I told them I wanted to rent a car but I was a student and the underage charge & drop fees (I wanted to fly out of Calgary) were killing me. It took a few tries, but I scored a major deal at Hertz by doing this. Hertz was willing to waive the underage fees, the drop fees and they gave me an amazing daily rate to get the car off the lot. It doesn't hurt to give this a shot and see if someone can help you out. The only thing I would say is that it isn't a slow time of the year - so make sure you've got a confirmed reservation before you go!

I think lot of links are missing. See the last part of the post, every line should have a link. After reading the entire post, someone has mentioned that the earlier car rental codes thread is gone and this is an attempt to rebuild the same old thread. In that case thanks to OP and also your suggestion is great, let's put the findings in Quick Summary and OP can update the links.

/* From the op's post :
Cheapest Entertainment Book is Binghampton, NY - $25 Link. You can get 50% off rack rate at Hilton Hotels in Hawaii most of the year.

Real Cheap Hotels. Attend a 90 minute timeshare presentation from Marrxiott, Hilton, Sheraton absolutely no pressure and get super deals like - Grand Wailea in Maui for $699/5 nights, including 6 days rental car and $100 resort voucher. Schedule the presentation early in the AM and tell the presenter you have another appointment in 2 hours. They will not pressure you but lay out all the benefits and ask for you to sign up. Check It Out

LaQuinta code DUKUNI from Duke University is good for a 15% discount has expiration date but may renew thanks diazfranco

Travel Website

Discount Hotels

Discount Hotel Rates

Discount Hotels Nationwide

Marriott Discount Codes

$58 a night Las Vegas Hotels - For UCCSN Volunteers - University and Community College System in Nevada - UNLV Vendor Code: F521481337

Discount Chicago and IL Hotels

Discount Hotel Corp ID.

Club Quarters - Password YALE

GovArmTravel

Discount Travel, Hotels, Car, etc.

deluxe said: Everything in the first post should be removed and reposted in the Quick Summary so that us users can edit the info. Most of it is usless, but some of it can easily be recovered by searching.

Example: Budget - Great Budget Pricing, Upgrade, $15 off Week, free weekend day
missing link: http://www.bjsvacations.com/promotion/bjs/carrental/BJ_budget.pdf

Let's give Sinoed some green!

Very nice when a new member goes to that much trouble to give instead of just receive.

Kudos.

riaesq said: The OP took his codes and links and ran. We don't know why.

Can't we retrieve the links from a backup of the old thread? There were a ton of national coupons that are now gone. It's not like the coupons were owned by the original thread OP...

I found this version of the page from 8/27/07 with links intact. It's probably not the newest version of the page with links...

Old thread with links 8/27/07

hi

most of the national free weekend day coupon codes expire at the end of the year...does anyone have new codes which are good through next year?

There is one on the National website for $20 off that's good for a pretty long time. There's another for a free day in the Entertainment Book- BUT you will have to present that one.
nf2044jjp , for purposes of research. Again, they will almost surely ask you for it.
And I have found that the free day will be one of the "cheaper" ones, ie, off the weekly rate, rather than the daily rate if you have, say, 9 days.

edited 4- mistake in code

Latest update on LAX trip in 10 days-- National BIG drop, down to 206.03 midsize. $20 off coupon worth more than the free day at 119.50/wk.

I'm happy to be back on the EA. And a reminder to all, again, of why you should keep checking!! That's about 80-90 less than last time I looked.

I could actually get it for 10 less with Carlson but it's not worth the possible headache.

Hey guys,

Looking for gettting a car in Philadelphia on 12/11 and returning it to bwi airport on 12/17. Right now can only get prices around 300+.. any help is appreciated!

thanks!

dyn0 said: Hey guys,

Looking for gettting a car in Philadelphia on 12/11 and returning it to bwi airport on 12/17. Right now can only get prices around 300+.. any help is appreciated!

thanks!

It will probably be cheaper if possible for you to make two rentals, one a one-way the other a regular rental.

I signed up for a minivan for next week in Ft Lauderdale Fl with National. I signed up for an Emerald card first...but it says I need to go to the counter first! I got a great rate, but used the GA Employee code.

Someone else mentioned they did this too and was told over the phone "Yes you have to go to the counter...you must be a GA employee." Anyone else get this and how did you handle it if you had to go to the counter? Did they ask for any special ID??

I have always heard that you must go to the counter for your first rental. However, I don't think I did. I had my National EA ID card by then- they should have sent you an email with a pic of it.

Check back to see if rates have gone down with "legal" codes that won't be a problem for you. I just did and my rate went down by over $80 with the EA code.

OR have a backup plan.

Can I do any better than this?

This is what I got from Alamo for a Midsize - 4-Door/Automatic/Air - Pontiac G6 Or Similar

Pickup Information
Date & Time: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 @ 12:00 PM

Dropoff Information
Date & Time: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 @ 12:00 PM

Base Rate - Midsize (USD)
(1) Week Rate ($85.51/week) $85.51

Contract I.D. 7012032
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

Subtotal..............................................$85.51

Discounts
Discount ($8.55)
Internetcpn-al-wkly#3 ($25.00)

Subtotal............................................($33.55)

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees
Concession Fee Recov Chrg 9.8 % $5.42
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $14.00
Tire/battery Fee .02/day $0.14
License Recoupment Fee .46/day $3.22
Sales Tax (6.50%) $4.86

Subtotal..............................................$27.64

Estimated Total.......................................$79.60

You got some deal.
Any time you can get better than $100 wk - go for it!

The only way you will do better is if they pay you to drive it . Not even worth the time to look around any more- unless you really are bored.

Can you find a deal like that for me in LA?

ghurty said: dyn0 said: Hey guys,

thanks!

It will probably be cheaper if possible for you to make two rentals, one a one-way the other a regular rental.

That sounds like a good plan. Using Southwest's website and their Budget code- U072722 you can do the PHL part with a midsize for 121.xx complete. The 1-day,1-way will be more- try the National 79$/1 way for that part. Lowest I saw on SW for that part was 144- but you
can surely do better inputting some codes.

Decided not to risk it wit the GA code. Cancelled my National reservation and booked one for just $80 more from Hertz clean and legal. Worth it for the piece of mind.

riaesq said: You got some deal.
Any time you can get better than $100 wk - go for it!

The only way you will do better is if they pay you to drive it . Not even worth the time to look around any more- unless you really are bored.

Can you find a deal like that for me in LA?

Did you use the contract ID that I used 7012032 and the code for $25 off?

Doesn't come close Plus I'd probably have to pay for the extra driver.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014