• filter:
  • 1150151152153 154
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Do you need to show ID to enterprise when using this discount code?  XVC1092 with pin "Car"

rated:
Request:

1.  SJC (San Jose, CA)
2.  Minivan
3.  Apr 18, 2014 (Fri) Noon - Apr 21, 2014 (Mon) Noon (3 days)

Tried:
Avis / C070127 : $296.97+$99.35(tax) = $396.32
Budget / Y126501 with MUGZ165 : $240.54 + $78.86(tax) = $319.40 ("pay now" option)
National / XVC1092 : $229.98 + $79.95(tax) = $309.93

Target: about $250 total (with tax included)

It seems like Kayak, Priceline, CarRentals etc all comes up to about $320~$350+ total.

Thanks in advance

rated:
jabomb said:   Hi Goodnessgracious,

I was actually asking about AD3529YUD (3 days off Alamo rental) But found the source on my confirmation e-mail.

It's a AARP mag coupon.

Thanks

rated:
ID 5030289 and Coupon Code ND8464DJM $25 OFF CONV/VAN/SUV 3 DAY MIN 6/30/14

Request:

1. LAS (Las Vegas, NV)
2. Minivan
3. May 17, 2014 (Sat) 2 PM - May 28, 2014 (Wed) 2 PM (12 days)

Tried:
National Car /2013 Entertainment Contact with ND8464DJM : $416.28 (with tax)

This is by far the best rate I have found (I have tried many).

Next closest is National's Emerald Club Rate at $625 with tax or Enterprise with the Enterprise Plus Discount at $658.

My questions are - can I still get a copy of last years 2013 Entertainment Book? Does this years Entertainment book have a similar coupon and rate? If anyone has this year's book and is willing to check what the rate would be, that would be appreciated! I would gladly purchase the book to save $200+

Thanks!!

rated:
Update:  I went ahead and purchased the Las Vegas 2014 Entertainment Book and used the online link to book a minivan through National Car Rental.  Rate was the same at $416.28 for 12 days with tax.  I am very happy with this.  The rental is over Memorial Day weekend and the rates have seemed to be creepy up fast.  Glad to have this rate locked in (with free spouse as an extra driver) plus some possible saving for our 2 night stay in Las Vegas.  

rated:
Request Please:

1. TPA (Tampa Airport only) - pickup and drop off are the same location
2. Type: Intermediate SUV or midsize SUV (options presented were Ford Escape or similar)
3.Pickup: Saturday, June 14 at 12:30pm, Drop off: Friday, June 27, 7pm

Budget: $308.44 + Fees/Taxes: $177.47 = $465.91 with CC MUWZ166 and BCD: D420002

Dollar: $333.83 + Fees/Taxes: 181.62 = $515.45 with CC OI1054

Enterprise: $316.16 + Fees/Taxes = $491.89 using 15% off weekly with carsaverrentals.com

None of these have a 2nd Driver free option, at least that I'm aware of.
Thanks for taking a look!

rated:
curious which coupon you used for that rental in the 2014 book.  Thanks

rated:
Request:
Car Type: Any
3 Days (Thurs thru Sun)
PU: May 1st @ 3pm
Ret: May 4th @ 3pm
PU/Ret Location: Grand Junction, CO (GJT)

Results so far:
1. Enterprise: $25/day + $33 taxes = $108 with NO coupons/affiliation. With Car & Driver price goes up to $158.

2. Budget using USAA BCD Y126500$68 prepaid / $75 at counter
Proof of USAA membership required?

3. Avis using AWD A491400 $95.

Shall I go with the Budget even though I don't have USAA membership?

rated:
Anybody know of a coupon or the like to get rid of a drop charge?

I need to move my stuff back home from college from knoxville to memphis.

Trying to rent tuesday 5/6 and return in memphis on thursday 5/8. Drop charge puts it at over $170 at Avis, >200 at hertz and enterprise. Don't need a big car or anything, just can't spend too much.

If anybody can help in any way, I'd greatly appreciate it!

rated:
MCO: ORLANDO
Dec 4,2014  6pm to Dec 14,2014 2pm
Driver: 25 + (significantly .....)
FULL SIZE Car
**Intermediate SUV  - Preferred
**MiniVAN

Cheapest so Far: ADVANTAGE compact SUV $454

Thank you, Much appreciated

Moderator Comment: This new list for requests is a bit more tailored toward cars.

Before posting your request, make sure to check out the codes in this thread, especially the original post. Then, look over the last 5 or 6 pages for code updates. If you have done that and tried at least 3 codes and/or companies, you’re ready to post your request.

1) Title should start with the word "REQUEST" (e.g. "REQUEST – Car Rental at LAX")
2) Dates you plan to travel. Being as specific as possible is a must. If times can be a little flexible, please indicate that.
3) Departure and Destination.
4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — May. 12, 2014 @ 8:41am
rated:
mjaessie said:   MCO: ORLANDO
Dec 4,2014  6pm to Dec 14,2014 2pm
Driver: 25 + (significantly .....)
FULL SIZE Car
**Intermediate SUV  - Preferred
**MiniVAN

Cheapest so Far: ADVANTAGE compact SUV $454

Thank you, Much appreciated

If you follow the rules and post a minimum of THREE quotes using codes from here I found a mid-size SUV with National for $330 including all taxes and fees. It states Toyota RAV4 or similar. I am not sure if that is size you got at Advantage or not. Just make more of an effort to show you tried. 

rated:
Request:
FAR: FARGO, ND AIRPORT LOCATION
JUN 14, 2014 TO JUN 21, 2014
Driver: 25+
Mini Van (Or anything that can fit 6 people)

Cheapest so far from Alamo - Thru Costco - $506.64 with Unlimited Miles, Budget is avaialble for $451 but with limited miles.

Moderator Comment: This new list for requests is a bit more tailored toward cars.

Before posting your request, make sure to check out the codes in this thread, especially the original post. Then, look over the last 5 or 6 pages for code updates. If you have done that and tried at least 3 codes and/or companies, you’re ready to post your request.

1) Title should start with the word "REQUEST" (e.g. "REQUEST – Car Rental at LAX")
2) Dates you plan to travel. Being as specific as possible is a must. If times can be a little flexible, please indicate that.
4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — May. 15, 2014 @ 1:33pm
rated:
I made a very similar deal!

rated:
Any working coupons for Enterprise? I am looking to book for 2 days (Friday and Saturday) next month

rated:
rza1 said:   Any working coupons for Enterprise? I am looking to book for 2 days (Friday and Saturday) next month
If you have Discover casback, you get $40 for $20 -- could be useful for 2 day rental.  Their $9.99 weekend promo is gone for the summer.

rated:
Request, maybe you guys can help.
ONE WAY RENTAL
SEA to SFO (can return SFO in the city)
25+
Small car, prefer Intermediate
TONIGHT 5/29 10pm SEA to 6/5 6-10pm SFO

Tried a number of codes w/ Hertz. Cheapest on Kayak/CarRentals.com is about $744.

Cheapest Rates:
$489 Fox Intermediate (booked already, though hope I don't have to deal w/ Fox)
$611 Costco Budget Intermediate (booked in case Fox messes up)
$711 Hertz w/ OPEN Savings/membership

According to the beginning, National is great with one-ways, but I tried about 20 coupon codes in various combinations and can't get it below $780 or so. 

rated:
Use Budget   X474200 and coupon MUWZ023

rated:
has anyone tried http://www.autoslash.com/?

it's supposedly finds and applies coupon codes automatically when you book a car rental with them. After you schedule your rental, the site will track multiple companies' rental rates and discounts throughout the day. If there's a better deal, they'll automatically re-book for you.

rated:
Has anyone used the Enterprise Car and Driver code XVC1092? I am looking at renting a car for 4 days. If I use this code it drops the price down to $288.44 for a minivan.

rated:
REQUEST REQUEST REQUEST REQUEST REQUEST REQUEST

Any help on this one would be appreciated:

Pickup: Palm Springs (PSP) July 22 at 11 am
DropOff: Palm Springs (PSP) August 31 at 11 am
Car: MiniVan

Alamo 7015504 and AD7394SDJ
Subtotal: 1957.50
Taxes:
Total: 2423.00

Alamo 7014627 and no coupon (alamo insiders is also the same price as this code)
Subtotal: 2071.92
Taxes:
Total: 2326.85

National Car with 5007125 (Emerald) no coupon
Subtotal: 1512.47
Taxes:
Total: 1891.08

I'm open to any companies because I'd really like to reduce this cost.

They seem to calculate it as 1 month plus 9 extra days. Is there a way to split the rental up to use more discounts?

Thanks!

4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — Jun. 3, 2014 @ 8:27am
rated:
Request:

Car Type: Full size Van (12 people)

3 Days (Wed thru Friday 6/25 - 6/27)
PU: Wed 6/25 @ 10am
Ret: Friday 6/27 @ 6pm
PU/Ret Location: SJC (San Jose International Airport) or local area in San Jose

Results so far:
1. CarRentals.com (so far the cheapest) : $80.10/day + $8.41 CA Tourism + $26.67 SJC concession fee + $21.03 CA tax = $296.41 with NO coupons/affiliation.

Please help if you know there's cheaper source.

Thanks.

4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — Jun. 6, 2014 @ 11:20am
rated:
thestraychicken said:   Update:  I went ahead and purchased the Las Vegas 2014 Entertainment Book and used the online link to book a minivan through National Car Rental.  Rate was the same at $416.28 for 12 days with tax.  I am very happy with this.  The rental is over Memorial Day weekend and the rates have seemed to be creepy up fast.  Glad to have this rate locked in (with free spouse as an extra driver) plus some possible saving for our 2 night stay in Las Vegas.  
  "with free spouse" LOL

rated:
REQUEST

Landing in Zurich, Switzerland July 6.  Renting July 7.  Leaving Zurich July 28.  Need 5 seat belts.  Must be AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION.

Looking for a great weekly deal.  Two drivers, waiving all insurance (credit cards pick it up).

Any coupons that work in Zurich  (Sixt?  Thrifty?  Hotwire?)

All advice kindly accepted!

Thanks in advance.

4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — Jun. 16, 2014 @ 8:20am
rated:
after posting my request, the rate jumps the next day for nearly double the price per day....hmmmm?

rated:
REQUEST!

Dates 8/26-9/2
Car type: compact/economy smallest/cheapest. not picky.
Memberships: AAA/Hertz/Southwest rapid rewards/Marriott

4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — Jun. 16, 2014 @ 8:20am
rated:
ENTERPRISE: "Tested and voted best discount without special affiliation XVC1092 Pin number is "Car"

Actually, at least for a Premium Class cars at my location, the above code is the worst as it increases the price by $50 per week over not using any code at all. 

rated:
REQUEST -
Atlanta Intl Arpt Aug 28th-Sep1st
Anycar

rated:
Request - ~30 days between Spain and France

PU/RET: Barcelona, Spain (BCN airport or nearby) or Perpignan (downtown preferred or Airport (PGFT02) ), France
Date: If BCN airport (7-16 @ 9:am to 8-15-14 @ 10 am) if Perpignan 7-17 anytime to 8-14-14 anytime)
Car Type: Any

Results so far from BCN mainly cause Perpignan seemed higher:

1. Budget.com (couldn't find a coupon that worked): Mini for $496/day + $114 taxes = $660 with NO coupons/affiliation.

2. ATESA (through Priceline.com): Mini for $649.50 includes taxes

3. Enterprise.com: Mini for $928.48 includes taxes

4. Hertz.com: Mini for $992.37 includes taxes (using coupon 1861176)

Tried a number of sites (rentalcars.com, costcotravel, autoslash, kayak, Expedia, Orbitz, kemwel.coms.com with and w/o codes)

Would greatly appreciate insights on how to get a better rate for the lowest i could find so far is $660 from budget w/o coupon.

rated:
Request

LIH: Lihue Airport, Kauai, HI
Pickup ~3pm Aug 1, drop off ~9am Aug 17

Standard SUV / MINI VAN
Budget BCD X474200, cpn: MUWZ023 $799.06/$799.06
Budget BCD W852800, cpn: MUWZ023 $1200+/$1200+
Hotwire $727.92/$668.90

Memberships: AAA, costco

Also tried a slew of BCD/coupons for Budget

Edit:  Went to Priceline and placed a bid at $21/day for a mini-van, they came back with $25/day, which I booked.
$25/day x 16 days = $400 + $220.84(!!) in taxes and fees = $620.84.  Provider is Alamo.

rated:
REQUEST - One way car rental from SFO to SNA

Dates: Dec 25 ~ 7:00pm - Jan 4 ~ 12:30pm
Car type: Intermediate/Full; family of 4 with 2 kids in car seats (we are bringing our own)

Memberships: Costco, Federal Government

Fox (through Orbitz) $643.93
Alamo (through Costco) $974.15
Avis AWD:S754600 $1091.22
Thrifty &736.71 (off-airport)

Prices seem so high, if I was renting the other direction, SNA to SFO for the same time frame, it's only $300 through Costco with Budget. Any ideas? We have 2 small kids so would prefer airport locations.

rated:
HELP Please

REQUEST: Couple of single mother needs 2 passenger vans (12-15 pp) for family trip to Busch Garden, VA from NJ
Dates: June 30th, 8 pm - July 5th 7 pm (even earlier)

Membership: Costco, one Fed Govt civilian, AAA, USAA member

Courier Van Rental $110/day for 100 miles plus 0.25c/mile about = $625*2van= $1250 (rented before, vans are dirty, no a/c, limited)
Avis AWD (A113400) $296.33 This is very very risky, not a Florida State Employee and called and wanted verify all information. I hanged up..

Everything is sold out. Trip for underprivileged young kids

rated:
To those who have been posting lately with no research. It takes time and work in finding a rental car. Asking for a minimal three quotes isn't asking too much. 
I just returned from renting a car for 2 weeks.
About three months prior I started my search using codes I qualified for. I booked the cheapest at that point, but I kept watching weekly. I went to carrentalsavers.com where it does a lot of the work showing what codes are current and coupons. 
I would check prices there...then go to the car site itself and try. 
One thing when trying to book through a site like that make sure your membership (Emerald Aisle, etc can be applied or there won't be the free second driver, etc)
I never could find free driver coupon or code for DOLLAR and THRIFTY.
I would book/cancel reservations. 
Finally about 3 weeks out I found a $257 for full size through Alamo with Costco (you do have to be a member and put in your number to book).
I kept watching and rate went up to over $450 AFTER I booked that rate.
Time of day, etc can make a huge difference. 
I even checked morning we were picking car up....nothing came close to the $257 (Dollar was a few cheaper BUT we needed the extra FREE driver so that $10 savings we negated).

The point of this post is to tell you it does take time to search. Just saying I need a car at XXX location on XXX date and here are my memberships isn't going to work.
You are asking people to assist and take time who don't know you, aren't compensated, etc. Please take a little time and effort. Don't post I tried three and they were about $XXX that isn't three SPECIFIC codes/quotes/etc.
It is time consuming BUT you can save lots if you work hard.
Key word is put in a minimal effort and maybe someone will assist. If you don't make an effort please don't expect assistance.

rated:
REQUEST!

Dates: 7/6 late evening or 7/7 early morning to 7/8

4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — Jun. 30, 2014 @ 9:10pm
rated:
thestraychicken said:   ID 5030289 and Coupon Code ND8464DJM $25 OFF CONV/VAN/SUV 3 DAY MIN 6/30/14

Request:

1. LAS (Las Vegas, NV)
2. Minivan
3. May 17, 2014 (Sat) 2 PM - May 28, 2014 (Wed) 2 PM (12 days)

Tried:
National Car /2013 Entertainment Contact with ND8464DJM : $416.28 (with tax)

This is by far the best rate I have found (I have tried many).

Next closest is National's Emerald Club Rate at $625 with tax or Enterprise with the Enterprise Plus Discount at $658.

My questions are - can I still get a copy of last years 2013 Entertainment Book? Does this years Entertainment book have a similar coupon and rate? If anyone has this year's book and is willing to check what the rate would be, that would be appreciated! I would gladly purchase the book to save $200+

Thanks!!

Hi,

Came across this thread, while making a random search. First time renting a car at least for such a long distance and for almost 10 days. I have no clue if I have to be some corporate member to use the codes posted here. I want to rent a car (any vehicle might work) from July 19th to July 29th 2014 from Las vegas Airport back to same Airport. The above posted deal looks like it might work for me. Appreciate if you can provide me with details. 

I could not understand if the entertainment coupon code helped you in any way at all, as u said the rate was same before the code and even with the code u were still getting the same rate. Can u confirm on this, if I would be needing the entertainment book as well.

Thanks

4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — Jun. 30, 2014 @ 9:11pm
rated:
speddi said:   REQUEST!

Dates: 7/6 late evening or 7/7 early morning to 7/8

Please follow the yellow stickies that appear below posts like yours on this page. 
Also please read my post directly above yours stating the guidelines on how to make a request.
Once you update with the minimal three quotes you might get some assistance. Until then chances are you request will be ignored.

rated:
REQUEST - 8 day rental at Holyhead, UK

Start: 17 July (10:45 am)
End: 25 July (10:30 am)

Car type: Economy, Compact (in that order... willing to pay a little extra to move up from Mini to Econ and from Econ to Compact).  Last resort would be a mini.

Drivers: Had planned to add my wife as a secondary driver, but considering the cost (nearly doubles the rental), we might skip that.

Insurance: was planning on waiving CDW and using Citi World Mastercard, but not 100% set on that

Rental agencies: Want to stick with major entities in Holyhead, so pretty much leaves Europcar or Hertz.  Next closest town would require waiting on trains and busses and we're on something of a tight schedule

Memberships: Nearly all airlines and hotel chains.  Hertz Gold Plus, but have done zero business with them.

Prices withOUT adding a second driver:
$195.19 w/o CDW               for VAUXHALL CORSA http://Europcar.com using Hilton Honors Diamond discount: (http://www.europcar.com/EBE/module/render/Hotel-Partners contract/promo 42194502)
$247 w/CDW (143.93 GBP) for VAUXHALL CORSA http://Hertz.co.uk using either AA or United discounts (AA CDP 217692; United CDP 205418)
$273 w/CDW (159.91 GBP) for VAUXHALL CORSA http://Hertz.co.uk using all other codes on first page

Thank you!!

rated:
REQUEST - 7 day rental Dublin, Ireland

Start: 17 July (5:00 pm)
End: 24 July (5:00 am)

Car type: Midsize, Economy or Compact (prefer anything but Mini)

Drivers: 1

Insurance: I have both Marriott and United Cards, I think one or both of those provide me coverage but would like CDW if its available

Memberships: Marriott Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, USAA, Military or Federal Government

Prices including taxes and fees:
Hertz - Marriott Rewards CDP & PC 114380 - Midsize - 233.16 EURO
Budget - USAA Code - Economy - 218.17 EUR
Enterprise - Car & Driver XVC1092 - Economy - 218.65 EURO (When using XVC1093 to include LDW/CDW it says that there are no rentals available)
National - Car & Driver - Says no rentals available (Possibly related to the same issue with Enterprise)

Thanks in advance!

rated:
SexualChocolate said:   REQUEST - 7 day rental Dublin, Ireland

Start: 17 July (5:00 pm)
End: 24 July (5:00 am)

Car type: Midsize, Economy or Compact (prefer anything but Mini)

Drivers: 1

Insurance: I have both Marriott and United Cards, I think one or both of those provide me coverage but would like CDW if its available

Memberships: Marriott Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, USAA, Military or Federal Government

Prices including taxes and fees:
Hertz - Marriott Rewards CDP & PC 114380 - Midsize - 233.16 EURO
Budget - USAA Code - Economy - 218.17 EUR
Enterprise - Car & Driver XVC1092 - Economy - 218.65 EURO (When using XVC1093 to include LDW/CDW it says that there are no rentals available)
National - Car & Driver - Says no rentals available (Possibly related to the same issue with Enterprise)

Thanks in advance!

For National you can use http://nationalcars.co.uk, although you'll notice it doesn't behave the same as the .com site (so try getting rates without and with logging in, or better, use a private browser window). 
Both National and Alamo rent through Europcar in Dublin so you might consider Alamo (.com or .co.uk) and Europcar (.com, .ie, or .co.uk) as well.  I think Alamo might allow you to get National credit, although not sure how the overseas rental via Europcar might factor into that.

BTW1, commentary on insurance in Ireland: I don't know your driving experience there, but from what I've read, roads are sometimes very bad, and narrow.  Drivers can be pretty aggressive.  It's apparently not rare for cars to be returned with damage to mirrors and/or wheels, at a minimum. Some cards have dropped insurance in some areas, so if you were really thinking of using your credit card insurance in Ireland, you should call them and get a letter of coverage sent to you AND take copy(s) with you to give to the rental car company - some won't allow you to waive CDW without that letter.  And some won't accept anything except World Mastercard for insurance.  I've decided to not use my CC for insurance in Ireland - I'm planning on buying both CDW and super CDW - but my Irish leg is much shorter than yours. For a reservation the length of yours, I'd probably be tempted to use my World Mastercard.

BTW2, on the assumption that roads really are narrow, the recommendation is to get the narrowest car possible.  My wifes supervisor said they got a midsized SUV and had a very tough time, and parking was impossible. I've measured my luggage and compared it to the cargo space of the various cars I'm considered.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1150151152153 154
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014