• filter:
  • 1151152153154 155
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
klapper said:   Interesting that I made a reservation without providing credit card. Is this normal ?
Yes.

rated:
REQUEST:

LAX 8/15/14-8/19/14
Intermediate SUV, SUV or Minivan

Budget: So far best rate is using AAdvantage at $280 plus tax (using BCD U972411)
Budget: Wendie's special offer BCD 454300 $440
Budget: Southwest BCD U02700 $381

Also tried Enterprise, Avis and Hertz with no better rates.

rated:
Quick question about National -- I have Executive with them, and have used Emerald Aisle / Executive Selection in the past. Can be a great deal if you need a minivan or larger SUV -- book the Midsize, take something bigger at the same rate. Love it.

Now, I find myself living in a town (Charlottesville, VA) with a small airport, no Emerald Aisle at the tiny National depot here. Trying to find a way to rent a vehicle large enough for six people at either CHO or ROA (Roanoke) airports. Prices for a minivan or a full-size SUV are quite ridiculous for the second weekend in August.

Any way to leverage National Exec status into getting a minivan/SUV for the price of a midsize, at non-Aisle locations? Or am I just SOL? There's not an Emerald Aisle location anywhere closer to me than Dulles, and that's in the wrong direction -- need to pick up some folks at Roanoke.

Thanks.

rated:
REQUEST Car rental at Orlando International MCO:
Pick up date 8/21/14 - 10:00am
Retuning date 9/4/14 - 6:00am

Flexible on car category, in fact looking for the cheapest option.

What I got so far:
Thrifty, economy car for $460.76 rate code RCUW9
Dollar (via Expedia) economy car for $ 482.32
Dollar (best deal so far) premium car for $481.92 ( promo code AU4FL)

Update 7/28: Alamo (via Costco) economy car for $ 465 with 2nd driver included

Thanks!

rated:
{Archived:}
Hawk600 said:   REQUEST Car rental at MCO:
 8/21/14 - 9/4/14

Flexible on car category, in fact looking for the cheapest option as possible but upgrade is a plus.
First echelon companies are preferred.
Thanks in advance!

Can I hit the neg button more than once?

rated:
REQUEST:

Anaheim, CA to Central NJ - 2 or 3 weeks in June/July 2015
Unlimited mileage, 25+ driver but add additional driver. Under 21 add'l driver a plus.
Samples below are 6/24/15 to 7/8/15, full size car (need that or minivan)

National: $2535 with Car & Driver
Budget: Nothing - Says everything is sold out even without an offer code
Avis: $1610 with AAA
Hertz: $1853 with Car & Driver

Trip could be expanded to three weeks, and I could start say in Arizona instead, driving to LA then north then east. TIA for suggestions.

rated:
rsuaver said:   REQUEST:

Unlimited mileage, 25+ driver but add additional driver. Under 21 add'l driver a plus.

Trip could be expanded to three weeks, and I could start say in Arizona instead, driving to LA then north then east. TIA for suggestions.

Try starting in Arizona. That is what we did this summer. I ended up using COSTCO if you are a member. Rented from PHX (Sky Harbor) through ALAMO. For 10 days it was $291. Unlimited mileage and drove to California (San Francisco, LA and back to Phoenix).  That rate was for a full size car (we had our choice and got a Toyota Camry--there were 2 minivans on the aisle also).

rated:
Request:
South Carolina,  Greenville-Spartanburg area (or North Carolina if near Charlotte etc)
8/2 - 8/9
Minivan or something with a third row of seating.
Hertz total cost was over $700.
Avis was better but it seems that all the coupon codes vary widely when entered.
I can pick up and return to different locations if needed.

rated:
8/15/2014 11 a.m to 8/18/2014 1.00 p.m
Minivan at Denver airport
Alamo Costco 539.00
Budget MUWZ701 1090.80
Avis C070127 1070.00

Really I appreciate your help. I tried other codes too, but almost the range as above. How would I get the response, but email?

rated:
The lowest rate I found for my original post above is 439 from Enterprise with an in town pickup and airport drop-off.
Emerald club was less expensive than the Car and Driver coupon (posted on first page of thread).

Anyone think there is anything better?

rated:
Entertainment coupon with Enterprise Plus was the best I could do @419.00 for one week for a minivan with extra driver included for free.

rated:
Request car in Honolulu Aug 7 at 3 pm to Aug 15th at 2:30 pm any size just good deal Cant find anything under $500???

Moderator Comment: This new list for requests is a bit more tailored toward cars.

Before posting your request, make sure to check out the codes in this thread, especially the original post. Then, look over the last 5 or 6 pages for code updates. If you have done that and tried at least 3 codes and/or companies, you’re ready to post your request.

1) Title should start with the word "REQUEST" (e.g. "REQUEST – Car Rental at LAX")
2) Dates you plan to travel. Being as specific as possible is a must. If times can be a little flexible, please indicate that.
3) Departure and Destination.
4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — Aug. 1, 2014 @ 7:40am
rated:
favorsomatic said:   Request car in Honolulu Aug 7 at 3 pm to Aug 15th at 2:30 pm any size just good deal Cant find anything under $500???
Read and follow the guidelines listed in the first post of this thread.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/travel-discussion/790643/  

rated:
REQUEST

TYPE: Any. Would prefer economy or compact.
DATE AND TIME PICKUP DATE 8/26 DROPOFF 9/2 4 PM both days

lowest rate i have found is $169 through thrify with code AU169

i have AAA, Marriott REWARDS, SOUTHWEST RR

Moderator Comment: This new list for requests is a bit more tailored toward cars.

Before posting your request, make sure to check out the codes in this thread, especially the original post. Then, look over the last 5 or 6 pages for code updates. If you have done that and tried at least 3 codes and/or companies, you’re ready to post your request.

1) Title should start with the word "REQUEST" (e.g. "REQUEST – Car Rental at LAX")
2) Dates you plan to travel. Being as specific as possible is a must. If times can be a little flexible, please indicate that.
4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — Aug. 1, 2014 @ 7:40am
rated:
REQUEST
Date: August 17-24, 2004
Type: Mini Van
All the big 4 are over $1000
The cheaper I found are Budget $883.44/$795.14 pay now price
AVR (Airport Van Rental Solution) $553.61
Enterprise is over $1000 also, when I put in some code, it shown out of stock.

rated:
rsuaver said:   REQUEST:

Interesting... So picking up in Orange, CA (3 miles west from Disney Land), Hertz seems the best using AAA.  Currently only myself is a AAA member so would not be able to add a second driver unless I pay it seems. This is the best I got. Using the Car and Driver jumps this to just under $1100. My only concern is the 'MISC LOCATION FEE MAY APPLY'. Anyone with any ideas on this? Call Hertz?

Rate Details
2 weeks at 408.41 USD 816.82 USD
Included
MISCELLANEOUS LOCATION FEE MAY APPLY AT COUNTER
Unlimited Free Miles Included
Vehicle Subtotal 816.83 USD
Taxes 65.35 USD
Total Approximate Charge 882.18 USD

rated:
REQUEST:

Location: Toronto, ON, CA. Pickup either downtown, North York, or Scarborough (NO to Pearson or any location west of Bathurst)
Date: 8/15 - 8/17 (or 8/18 early morning drop off if rate is the same)
Time: Early morning pickup on 8/15 (no later than 11AM). Dropoff either after 6PM on Sunday August 17, overnight key drop off or first thing monday drop off. Monday is best but only if this will not increase the cost.
Type: any car type is fine as long as it holds 4. Mid or full size is better but not necessary.
Price: Looking for $35/day or less, or a weekend rental deal ($9.99 special or a free weekend day).

I have found the following:
Enterprise - $38/day with my work corporate code
Hertz - $49/day with Car and Driver code
Discount - $5/off each day stay but rate is around $46

I think best bet is weekend promotion code but having trouble finding one. Any help is greatly appreciated. A driver for cottage trip backed out last minute so we are now short a car and on a tight budget.

Thanks so much!

Bilal

rated:
REQUEST – Midsize Car Rental at ATL (Atlanta, GA)
10/11/2014 @ 2pm - 10/15/2013 @ 2pm
Departure ATL, Drop-Off: ATL
I am a Visa, Mastercard and Discover cardholder. COSTCO Member.

1. Alamo (CORP ID - 7014627 & COUPON AU2291VYT): $168.14 (Compact to midsize upgrade)
2. E-Z rent a car (code 2CA91) : $108.xx
3. CarRentals.com (booknow special): $104.56

Thanks in advance!

rated:
REQUEST

Dates Sept 19-14 6 PM Missoula, MT
Return Sept 27-14 6 AM Billings, MT

Would prefer small-med SUV because visiting parks and unlimited mileage....

Currently using a code I likely should I have $390.12 with ALAMO mid SUV and $411.40 with NATIONAL Again Midsize .....Please advise if any coupons I can apply on top of these to make cheaper or better codes or rates to be found? THANKSS!

rated:
I recently booked a car rental at a major airport with Budget for 4 weekend days. I found that entering BCD offer codes was a complete waste of time. None of them gave any discount except for a small discount with the USAA BCD. I didn't use it, though, since they said proof of membership required. There are some great coupon codes though. I found mousesavers.com to be a great resource for this. They list the terms and conditions for each coupon so you don't have to waste time entering expired or irrelevant ones. The best one for me was $20 off 4 days which ended up pricing slightly less then the free weekend day codes. So Budget ended up being cheaper than second tier car rental companies such as Thrifty which offer low rates but few discount codes.

rated:
REQUEST Car rental at France - Marseille Provence MP2:
Pick up date 9/24/14 - 2:00pm
Retuning date 9/28/14 - 8:00am

Looking for the cheapest option.

What I got so far:

Europcar 107.92 eur via hilton hhonors
Thrifty 99.94 eur
Hertz 105.26 eur
Avis 107.20 eur

Thanks!

rated:
REQUEST Car rental at Denver International DEN:
Pick up date 9/11/14 (Thursday) - 12:00pm
Retuning date 9/14/14 (Sunday) - 4:00pm (I know these 4 hours is like an extra day but there's nothing I can do)

Flexible on car category, just not a super small economy as there are 3 adults, 1 child and some luggage.

What I got so far:

• Costco Travel (Enterprise), standard car for $299, minivan $276 and intermediate SUV for $276 (I'd be really happy with an SUV but this is just a little too steep for my wallet, $200 and I'm sold).
  • Hotwire Rate, standard car for $286.06
  • Enterprise, using the Car & Driver discount (XVC1092) pulls up $270 for a standard, $260 for an economy (just for reference), and intermediate SUV is not available.
  • Seems like Payless and Thrifty (based on Kayak) had decent prices for an SUV, like $300+/- with no coupon code. I could not find a coupon code for either company. If one exists, that could really make this work!

I'm not married to an SUV, but for some reason that's coming out cheap right now....

Thanks!

rated:
Hey Osiris,
Out of practice for a while but thought I 'd give it a shot.  IF you have an AMEX card you can try 5125601 and the weekend 20 dollar code on the website.  I found a fullsize at National for 162.39 complete.  Let us know how you make out.  Also if anyone has used this code lately please give a shout and let us know how it went.

rated:
riaesq said:   Hey Osiris,
Out of practice for a while but thought I 'd give it a shot.  IF you have an AMEX card you can try 5125601 and the weekend 20 dollar code on the website.  I found a fullsize at National for 162.39 complete.  Let us know how you make out.  Also if anyone has used this code lately please give a shout and let us know how it went.

Hey riaesq, I keep getting coupon not valid for the AMEX card. I did update my Emerald Club profile so that only an AMEX is in my account. Am I doing something wrong? It's just not working. Your rate is fantastic, I want to reserve it ASAP!

rated:
make sure you are putting codes in the right boxes. and use the 20 off weekend code found on National's page
Your Car
Fullsize
4-Door/Automatic/Air

Ford Fusion
Ford Fusion
or similar

Edit Car Selection

Pickup:
Denver Intl Arpt (DENT01)
Thursday, September 11, 2014
12:00 PM
Dropoff:
Sunday, September 14, 2014
4:00 PM
Edit Trip Information

Estimated Total = $162.39 USD

Need more information? Click on individual items for details or the icon for details by section.

* Required Fields
Step 3: Select rental options and calculate total
Base Rate - Fullsize (USD)
(1) Time & Distance ($134.96/Variable) $134.96
Discount Coupon Accepted ($20.00)
Contract ID American Express Family Pass Prgm
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included
For information on coverage products, ex:Loss Damage Waiver(LDW) click here
Subtotal $114.96
Primary Driver Help Info
Of age primary driver (25 or older)
Underage primary driver (age 21 - 24) ($25.00/day)
$0.00
For Information on age requirements and exceptions, click here.
Subtotal
$0.00
Additional Drivers Help Info
Rentals that require Additional Drivers must be completed at the National counter,
or via Save Time.

Additional Items Help Info
Booster Seat ($9.99/Day; $60.00/Max Amt)
$0.00
Greenhouse Gas Emissions Offset ($1.25/Rental)
$0.00
Infant Seat ($9.99/Day; $60.00/Max Amt)
$0.00
Child/toddler Seat ($9.99/Day; $60.00/Max Amt)
$0.00
Gps Navigation Device ($11.99/Day; $69.65/Week; $179.99/Max Amt)
$0.00
Ski Rack ($16.95/Day; $999.99/Max Amt)
$0.00
Loss Damage Waiver Full ($24.99/Day)
$0.00
Loss Damage Waiver $3000 ($17.99/Day)
$0.00
Pai/pec ($5.00/Day)
$0.00
Roadside Plus ($6.99/Day)
$0.00
Supplemental Liability Insurance ($13.95/Day)
$0.00
Upfront Fuel ($3.79/gal)
$0.00
The total upfront fuel charge reflected is an estimate based on
the current prices and average tank size for the car class reserved.
This charge may change at time of rental.
Subtotal
$0.00
Taxes, Surcharges and Fees Help Info
Customer Facility Charge 2.15/day
$8.60
Concession Recoup Fee 11.11 Pct
$12.77
Co Road Safety Program Fee 2/day
$8.00
Sales Tax (13.250%)
$18.06
Subtotal
$47.43
Calculate Estimated Total
$162.3

rated:
riaesq said:   make sure you are putting codes in the right boxes. and use the 20 off weekend code found on National's page
Your Car
Fullsize
4-Door/Automatic/Air

Ford Fusion
Ford Fusion
or similar

Edit Car Selection

Pickup:
Thursday, September 11, 2014
12:00 PM
Dropoff:
Sunday, September 14, 2014
4:00 PM
Edit Trip Information

Estimated Total = $162.39 USD

Need more information? Click on individual items for details or the icon for details by section.

* Required Fields
Step 3: Select rental options and calculate total
Base Rate - Fullsize (USD)
(1) Time & Distance ($134.96/Variable) $134.96
Discount Coupon Accepted ($20.00)
Contract ID American Express Family Pass Prgm
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included
For information on coverage products, ex:Loss Damage Waiver(LDW) click here
Subtotal $114.96
Primary Driver Help Info
Of age primary driver (25 or older)
Underage primary driver (age 21 - 24) ($25.00/day)
$0.00
For Information on age requirements and exceptions, click here.
Subtotal
$0.00
Additional Drivers Help Info
Rentals that require Additional Drivers must be completed at the National counter,
or via Save Time.

Additional Items Help Info
Booster Seat ($9.99/Day; $60.00/Max Amt)
$0.00
Greenhouse Gas Emissions Offset ($1.25/Rental)
$0.00
Infant Seat ($9.99/Day; $60.00/Max Amt)
$0.00
Child/toddler Seat ($9.99/Day; $60.00/Max Amt)
$0.00
Gps Navigation Device ($11.99/Day; $69.65/Week; $179.99/Max Amt)
$0.00
Ski Rack ($16.95/Day; $999.99/Max Amt)
$0.00
Loss Damage Waiver Full ($24.99/Day)
$0.00
Loss Damage Waiver $3000 ($17.99/Day)
$0.00
Pai/pec ($5.00/Day)
$0.00
Roadside Plus ($6.99/Day)
$0.00
Supplemental Liability Insurance ($13.95/Day)
$0.00
Upfront Fuel ($3.79/gal)
$0.00
The total upfront fuel charge reflected is an estimate based on
the current prices and average tank size for the car class reserved.
This charge may change at time of rental.
Subtotal
$0.00
Taxes, Surcharges and Fees Help Info
Customer Facility Charge 2.15/day
$8.60
Concession Recoup Fee 11.11 Pct
$12.77
Co Road Safety Program Fee 2/day
$8.00
Sales Tax (13.250%)
$18.06
Subtotal
$47.43
$162.3

Ha, of course. I should know better. I've been out of the game too long. Thanks so much!!! Booked!

rated:
Request:  MCO (Orlando) Standard or full size

02/01/15 3:00 pm to 02/28/15 8:00 am

carrentalsavers.com shows total price of $829.07 for a standard.
When I check for 02/01/15 3:00 pm to 03/01/15 (full month according to them) $728.52.
Any help appreciated, Thank You.

4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — Sep. 5, 2014 @ 11:47am
rated:
REQUEST – Car Rental at LGA ( same pickup and dropoff)
Pickup : 09/19/2014 10:30pm EST
Dropoff : 09/23/2014 5:30am EST

Need unlimited miles for travel within NY/NJ and cheapest price without insurance.

rated:
REQUEST – Car Rental at LGA Airport ( Same pickup and Dropoff )

No insurance and unlimited miles needed. Need best price.

rated:
apande said:   REQUEST – Car Rental at LGA Airport ( Same pickup and Dropoff )

No insurance and unlimited miles needed. Need best price.

Read the big green section directly above your post.

rated:
REQUEST – One way Midsize or SUV or Minivan (whichever is cheaper) Car Rental at ATL (Atlanta, GA) to RDU (Raleigh-Durham,NC)
10/09/2014 @ 11pm - 10/13/2013 @ 6pm
Departure ATL Drop-Off: RDU
I am a Visa, Master card, AMEX and Discover cardholder.

1. Alamo (CORP ID – 7013904 & COUPON AU5235ASJ): $262.65 (Compact to midsize upgrade)
2. Advantage rent a car (code DCRCM10A) for Minivan : $246.05
3. Dollar Promo Code CHEP for Midsize car - $291.63
4. National (Contract ID 5125601 (AMEX) & Coupon NU3637ZDJ (Free Upgrade)) - $ 801.91

rated:
Request - October 6 thru 11. Intermediate/midsize car.

I am hoping someone here can find me a better rate in Tampa than what I have been finding. I usually rent for a week for around $125 but these prices are ridiculous. I am looking for a intermediate type car unless something else is cheaper. Renting from 10-6 thru 10-11. I have USAA, fastbreak, national executive, emarald isle, bjs, Avis, alamo.

Budget Y126501 coupon mugz165 = 253.45
Budget y126511 coupon mugz165 = 253.45
Hertz 77694 coupon 179701 = 234.15
National 5007125 = 432.34

rated:
I'm seeing lots of options for $150-$160 including tax. Includes midsized and standard cars.

rated:
skmerrow said:   Request - October 6 thru 11. Intermediate/midsize car.

I am hoping someone here can find me a better rate in Tampa than what I have been finding. I usually rent for a week for around $125 but these prices are ridiculous. I am looking for a intermediate type car unless something else is cheaper. Renting from 10-6 thru 10-11. I have USAA, fastbreak, national executive, emarald isle, bjs, Avis, alamo.

105 Intermediate at Dollar right now.  Click on City Specials.

rated:
riaesq said:   
skmerrow said:   Request - October 6 thru 11. Intermediate/midsize car.

105 Intermediate at Dollar right now.  Click on City Specials.

Awesome, thanks.  Total 165

rated:
Can anyone advise where I can get a good deal for an SUV rental during Xmas time? Planning to drive from Dallas to Orlando

Dec 23 - Jan 3 (Approx dates)
Standard SUV
Pick up and return Dallas TX

Looking for unlimited mileage as well.

Thanks!

4) What you have found so far in your own research. Please make sure to have tried at least 3 different codes and/or companies. Please supply the rates you received with each code and/or company (This prevents duplication of research and is a great way to inform the community of what is out there!) — Sep. 26, 2014 @ 8:17am
rated:
dharwada said:   Can anyone advise where I can get a good deal for an SUV rental during Xmas time? Planning to drive from Dallas to Orlando

Dec 23 - Jan 3 (Approx dates)
Standard SUV
Pick up and return Dallas TX

Looking for unlimited mileage as well.

Thanks!

Read the big green mod posting further up the page.

rated:
REQUEST: LAS 10/1 - 10/3

1. Location: LAS (mccarran airport). Would also consider mid-strip hotel locations.
2. Car Class: Midsize or greater
3. Dates: 10/1/2014 5pm - 10/3/2014 5am
4. Attempts:
Budget BCD Y126501 (USAA) - $122
Avis AWD A108325 (Costco) - $117
Dollar (City Special) - $107

Prices listed without the ~$50 taxes and surcharges. Really hoping to get this under $100, without resorting to Payless/Sixt/EZ.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1151152153154 155
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.