Pick-up : Saturday july 25@ 1:30am
Drop-off : Wed, july 29th @1130pm
Please read the first post in this thread. Hint: Don't overlook #4

rated:
REQUEST -- Car Rental at Houston, TX
Dates: Jul 31 through Aug 2
Pickup location: George Bush Airport
Vehicle type: 8 Passenger SUV - Tahoe , Expedition

I am seeing $109 through $119 per day - Anything cheaper than these ?

rated:
Alamgirian6329 said:   REQUEST -- Car Rental at Houston, TX
Pickup location: George Bush Airport
Vehicle type: 8 Passenger SUV - Tahoe , Expedition

I am seeing $109 through $119 per day - Anything cheaper than these ?

I found $223.79 all in for those days for a Tahoe. Now if you show an effort made of a true FW I will let you know the code. It was through Avis. Minimal 3 attempts including taxes and fees. No effort by you I will keep the deal to myself.

rated:
**REQUEST**

Pick-up/Drop-off: Springfield, MO (Does NOT have to be airport, neighborhood locations are fine.)

Pick-up date: July 30th, 2015 Noon
Drop-off date: August 4th, 2015 Noon
Days: 6

Size: Midsize (example:Toyota Corolla)

Need unlimited miles

Best deal I found (total w/ all taxes, fees, etc.) was Avis $157.08 (Pre-paid) using AWD A359807 (AARP) and COUPON MUWA001 (no idea where originally from). I'm shopping for my in-laws, who are retired, so I'm guessing they have AARP. If not, the next best I found was Avis $166.33 (Pre-paid) using AWD S754600 or D472600 (no idea where originally from) and COUPON MUWA001 (no idea where originally from).

Also found Enterprise $190.31 using the Enterprise Plus club that I signed up for. I tried a random corporate id and pin I found online, but it ended up being the same as the Enterprise Plus rate. 

Thrifty and Dollar had the same rate of $216.35 with code J1OKE. Are they the same company maybe?

Tried Budget, but they will not rent you a car unless you have a flight number, which I do not.

This is for my in-laws, and they will be picking it up without me being there, so I need to make sure that I don't use codes that will cause them any trouble at the pick-up counter. 

I'm trying to get them the best rate, and if there is something better I would love to know. Thanks!

rated:
Swirl1000 said:   **REQUEST**

Pick-up/Drop-off: Springfield, MO (Does NOT have to be airport, neighborhood locations are fine.)

Pick-up date: July 30th, 2015 Noon
Drop-off date: August 4th, 2015 Noon
Days: 6

Size: Midsize (example:Toyota Corolla)

Need unlimited miles

Best deal I found (total w/ all taxes, fees, etc.) was Avis $157.08 (Pre-paid) using AWD A359807 (AARP) and COUPON MUWA001 (no idea where originally from). I'm shopping for my in-laws, who are retired, so I'm guessing they have AARP. If not, the next best I found was Avis $166.33 (Pre-paid) using AWD S754600 or D472600 (no idea where originally from) and COUPON MUWA001 (no idea where originally from).

Also found Enterprise $190.31 using the Enterprise Plus club that I signed up for. I tried a random corporate id and pin I found online, but it ended up being the same as the Enterprise Plus rate. 

Thrifty and Dollar had the same rate of $216.35 with code J1OKE. Are they the same company maybe?

Tried Budget, but they will not rent you a car unless you have a flight number, which I do not.

This is for my in-laws, and they will be picking it up without me being there, so I need to make sure that I don't use codes that will cause them any trouble at the pick-up counter. 

I'm trying to get them the best rate, and if there is something better I would love to know. Thanks!

I just plugged in information to www.carrentalsavers.com. They showed ALAMO at $142.xx for those dates without prepay for the midsized (listed as intermediate, but was a Toyota Corolla or similar). It didn't list code it used, but that site is legit and it might be one to try. I didn't try other locations in Springfield. I used all the information you gave. BTW great post showing how to do the proper research. 

rated:
Was this $142.xx rate on the Car Rental Savers site with the taxes and fees included?  I don't know what I'm typing in wrong, but I get $160 ($237.23 with the taxes and fees) for the full size. It used the free day weekly coupon. I tried the Alamo site directly, and it was $227.18 for the full size. (The midsize was more than the full for some reason with Alamo.) $142 with no prepay would be wonderful, and Alamo is awesome in our town. 

rated:
No it was booking reservation through carrentalsavers.com.
I was able to see the codes it used were:
ALAMO 7014926 and coupon AF4469SDU

rated:
Thanks mom2boys!

rated:
REQUEST -- 1 week Car Rental at LAS
Dates: Aug 26 (10:30pm) - Sep 02 (9:00pm)
Pickup and drop off at LAS
Vehicle type: mini van/suv (or larger) 4 adults + 1 child

Prices so far:
$208.94 - Budget via Costco Travel (Code: W852802 Coupon Code: MUGZ090)
$248.30 - Budget.com (BCD: D464700)
$331.59 - Avis.com (AWD Code: A108326 Coupon Code: MUGA049
$310.26 - Payless via Autoslash

rated:
REQUEST -- One-way car rental from Chicago to Denver
Pickup location: Anywhere in Chicago or either airport
Dropoff location:  Anywhere in Denver or the airport 
Vehicle type: Mid-size SUV

Reserved a Budget pay-up-front using a coupon code, the price was $417 ($510 after taxes).  It's a lot but I have been testing prices for weeks and this was the cheapest I found so I booked it.  I can cancel the reservation but will forfeit $50.  One way rentals are ridiculous. Does anyone have any ideas on how to better that rate?

rated:
footh said:   
Reserved a Budget pay-up-front using a coupon code, the price was $417 ($510 after taxes).  It's a lot but I have been testing prices for weeks and this was the cheapest I found so I booked it.  I can cancel the reservation but will forfeit $50.  One way rentals are ridiculous. Does anyone have any ideas on how to better that rate?

Nevermind.. For some reason when I searched for the rate it picked ORD to ORD

rated:
Thanks for looking.  At this point, I think I have to eat the large one-way cost.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1154155156157 158
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015