• filter:
  • 1151152153154 155
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
klapper said:   Interesting that I made a reservation without providing credit card. Is this normal ?
Yes.

rated:
REQUEST:

LAX 8/15/14-8/19/14
Intermediate SUV, SUV or Minivan

Budget: So far best rate is using AAdvantage at $280 plus tax (using BCD U972411)
Budget: Wendie's special offer BCD 454300 $440
Budget: Southwest BCD U02700 $381

Also tried Enterprise, Avis and Hertz with no better rates.

rated:
Quick question about National -- I have Executive with them, and have used Emerald Aisle / Executive Selection in the past. Can be a great deal if you need a minivan or larger SUV -- book the Midsize, take something bigger at the same rate. Love it.

Now, I find myself living in a town (Charlottesville, VA) with a small airport, no Emerald Aisle at the tiny National depot here. Trying to find a way to rent a vehicle large enough for six people at either CHO or ROA (Roanoke) airports. Prices for a minivan or a full-size SUV are quite ridiculous for the second weekend in August.

Any way to leverage National Exec status into getting a minivan/SUV for the price of a midsize, at non-Aisle locations? Or am I just SOL? There's not an Emerald Aisle location anywhere closer to me than Dulles, and that's in the wrong direction -- need to pick up some folks at Roanoke.

Thanks.

rated:
REQUEST Car rental at Orlando International MCO:
Pick up date 8/21/14 - 10:00am
Retuning date 9/4/14 - 6:00am

Flexible on car category, in fact looking for the cheapest option.

What I got so far:
Thrifty, economy car for $460.76 rate code RCUW9
Dollar (via Expedia) economy car for $ 482.32
Dollar (best deal so far) premium car for $481.92 ( promo code AU4FL)

Update 7/28: Alamo (via Costco) economy car for $ 465 with 2nd driver included

Thanks!

rated:
{Archived:}
Hawk600 said:   REQUEST Car rental at MCO:
 8/21/14 - 9/4/14

Flexible on car category, in fact looking for the cheapest option as possible but upgrade is a plus.
First echelon companies are preferred.
Thanks in advance!

Can I hit the neg button more than once?

rated:
REQUEST:

Anaheim, CA to Central NJ - 2 or 3 weeks in June/July 2015
Unlimited mileage, 25+ driver but add additional driver. Under 21 add'l driver a plus.
Samples below are 6/24/15 to 7/8/15, full size car (need that or minivan)

National: $2535 with Car & Driver
Budget: Nothing - Says everything is sold out even without an offer code
Avis: $1610 with AAA
Hertz: $1853 with Car & Driver

Trip could be expanded to three weeks, and I could start say in Arizona instead, driving to LA then north then east. TIA for suggestions.

rated:
rsuaver said:   REQUEST:

Anaheim, CA to Central NJ - 2 or 3 weeks in June/July 2015
Unlimited mileage, 25+ driver but add additional driver. Under 21 add'l driver a plus.
Samples below are 6/24/15 to 7/8/15, full size car (need that or minivan)

National: $2535 with Car & Driver
Budget: Nothing - Says everything is sold out even without an offer code
Avis: $1610 with AAA
Hertz: $1853 with Car & Driver

Trip could be expanded to three weeks, and I could start say in Arizona instead, driving to LA then north then east. TIA for suggestions.

Try starting in Arizona. That is what we did this summer. I ended up using COSTCO if you are a member. Rented from PHX (Sky Harbor) through ALAMO. For 10 days it was $291. Unlimited mileage and drove to California (San Francisco, LA and back to Phoenix).  That rate was for a full size car (we had our choice and got a Toyota Camry--there were 2 minivans on the aisle also).

rated:
Request:
South Carolina,  Greenville-Spartanburg area (or North Carolina if near Charlotte etc)
8/2 - 8/9
Minivan or something with a third row of seating.
Hertz total cost was over $700.
Avis was better but it seems that all the coupon codes vary widely when entered.
I can pick up and return to different locations if needed.

rated:
8/15/2014 11 a.m to 8/18/2014 1.00 p.m
Minivan at Denver airport
Alamo Costco 539.00
Budget MUWZ701 1090.80
Avis C070127 1070.00

Really I appreciate your help. I tried other codes too, but almost the range as above. How would I get the response, but email?

rated:
The lowest rate I found for my original post above is 439 from Enterprise with an in town pickup and airport drop-off.
Emerald club was less expensive than the Car and Driver coupon (posted on first page of thread).

Anyone think there is anything better?

rated:
Entertainment coupon with Enterprise Plus was the best I could do @419.00 for one week for a minivan with extra driver included for free.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1151152153154 155
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014