• filter:
  • 123 4 5155
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I am researching SJU (San Juan, Puerto Rico) in Feb and reserved a great rate using Budget and the USAA code. I am not a USAA member. Are they likely to check or ask for ID?

rated:
szymon said: dyn0 said: just applied the 15% coupon code at enterprise and total came to: 91.93 USD. Anybody know
of any cheaper? Thanks so much!!

If you use the $15 off coupon from bjsvacations.com at alamo, you can get a compact for $82.80 total.

Szymon

wow.. just tried this today to see if its still the same price.. and its not even close.. glad i booked it earlier!

Thanks again Szymon!!

rated:
goodnessgracious said: Use coupon code ND2119071Q - $35 off weekly for an even better rate. I believe it is good through 6/30/08. No copy required as discussed in previous posts.

Do you have a link the coupon? I tried it but the National website won't acccept it.

rated:
jseuss said: Sorry posted my question in wrong area before and couldn't erase it but i will post it here.I've got a great deal on a minivan from dollar at orlando airport jan 12-26 $150.40 a week with the promo code TARR. It says this is a travel agent code do they ask for I.D. very often as i'm not in the travel industry or i would of got a cheaper flight LOL thx in advance. Again sorry for earlier post

They might, you never know. Always have a good story and a backup plan in iffy situations.

rated:
Added to Quick Summary. National has $30 off weekly rental e-coupon. Code NF1982JDD. $30 off weekly rental Exp 6/30/08.

rated:
Venusian said: I'm trying to rent an SUV from Denver Airport from 1/23 to 1/28. The lowest I can get is $348.36 with alamo after the free day code from entertainment book. Can anyone help? Thanks.

My friend found one at www.e-zrentacar.com for $300. Anyone know if they are reputable?

rated:
Looking for good rates in LAX for 4 days in mid June, including weekend. What is the best deal?

rated:
Whatcha got so far?

rated:
Venusian,

Alamo is much better than EZ. I would stick with that

Szymon

rated:
Venusian said: Venusian said: I'm trying to rent an SUV from Denver Airport from 1/23 to 1/28. The lowest I can get is $348.36 with alamo after the free day code from entertainment book. Can anyone help? Thanks.

My friend found one at www.e-zrentacar.com for $300. Anyone know if they are reputable?

I've had problems in the past with e-z. Poor customer service, dirty vehicles, the works. The last straw was in Dallas when I got there with 3 other co-workers and several suitcases and all they had on the lot was compacts instead of the full size we reserved. I walked across the floor and rented from Hertz and I have never gone back to E-Z again.

rated:
What about Dollar car rental?

Using their code 8COM1 I can get an Intermediate SUV for 234.51 for my trip in Denver which is much cheaper than anywhere else.

Btw, here are a bunch of Dollar codes if the OP wants to add them to the thread: http://www.rentalcodes.com/dollar.html

rated:
Looks like Thrifty has the same rate (including the same promo code, i guess they are the same company). Thrifty also has 4.5% Cash Back

Anything I should know about them? good/bad?

rated:
Thrifty and Dollar are both reputable nationwide rental car companies owned by the same group. Dollar is generally a little more upmarket than Thrifty.

Do not give up on Alamo though - I would check their last minute specials later this week. Currently midsize SUV's are going for $169 per week but the offer expires 1/22. Using Corporate ID: IG and coupon code AD3829MRB I get a rate of $193.77 for five days - I bet they extend the offer, I don't remember what day they extend them but I have a feeling it is Wednesday or Thursday. Use the link below to check.

Alamo Hot Deals

rated:
goodnessgracious said: I bet they extend the offer, I don't remember what day they extend them but I have a feeling it is Wednesday or Thursday. [/L]

The last minute specials at Alamo/National are updated every Tuesday.
The last minute specials at Hertz are updated every other Monday.

Szymon

rated:
So I need to wait until 1/15 to check? thanks.

rated:
Venusian said: So I need to wait until 1/15 to check? thanks.

That is correct.

Szymon

rated:
lucky777 said: Looking for good rates in LAX for 4 days in mid June, including weekend. What is the best deal?

Well, the Fatwallet limo might be available that day to chauffer you around since you appear to be unable to do anything and want people to spoonfeed you the rates. If you don't have the time or energy to search using all the info provided here...you have to try the different codes and coupons to come up with deals, post those and others will tell you if it is a good rate...can't do this CALL A TRAVEL AGENT. Sorry to be rude but this is getting old...people not making any effort and expecting others to plan their trip and details for them.

Happy Searching...don't care if I get red...just tired of all the lazy people

rated:
Ditto.
Surprising from a Senior Member.

It's just boring after a while.

rated:
does anyone still have the carlton travel code for national?

rated:
I memorized this one lol... and 5299328 (GMAC)

HOWEVER the Entertainment (it's here somewhere) and Emerald Aisle (5007125) codes have worked much better for me lately...

I kinda miss the old thread with all those codes.... maybe one of us more ambitious types can repaste them somewhere?

rated:
Has anyone ever had issues with using one of these corporate codes and being asked for an Employee ID or anything?

I played around with some of these codes and was able to use Code:A312500 (Westjet Employee Code) with Budget and it is showing a weekly rate of about $294 plus taxes for a Minivan in Orlando for my trip at the end of Feburary. This is around $3-400 cheaper than anything else I have found. It makes me wonder if it will raise any red flags. I will likely give it a shot and let you all know how it goes.

rated:
riaesq said: 5760339

HOWEVER the Entertainment (it's here somewhere) and Emerald Aisle (5007125) codes have worked much better for me lately...

I kinda miss the old thread with all those codes.... maybe one of us more ambitious types can repaste them somewhere?

I recently found all the old National codes, and I am working on cleaning them up and sorting them now, hopefully soon I will add it to the other national codes in the first post.

rated:
RocketRod said: Has anyone ever had issues with using one of these corporate codes and being asked for an Employee ID or anything?

I played around with some of these codes and was able to use Code:A312500 (Westjet Employee Code) with Budget and it is showing a weekly rate of about $294 plus taxes for a Minivan in Orlando for my trip at the end of Feburary. This is around $3-400 cheaper than anything else I have found. It makes me wonder if it will raise any red flags. I will likely give it a shot and let you all know how it goes.

PLEASE DO keep us posted!!!

Meanwhile you might want to keep playing around and see what else comes up that's less iffy-- rates change constantly and I find they have been going down very last minute for me... a backup plan too just in case.

I just managed to get a Prius on the EA in LAX for 2 weeks at 107/week, even dropped off in SJC-- I think that's amazing- caught that on a fluke---

Again the moral is KEEP CHECKING! The rate I had been getting quoted for weeks was WAY WAY more.

rated:
matskul said: riaesq said: 5760339

I recently found all the old National codes, and I am working on cleaning them up and sorting them now, hopefully soon I will add it to the other national codes in the first post.

KUL, mat! TIA.

rated:
omg I just became a Senior Member.

Suddenly I feel old.

rated:
Little Help Please.. with a cherry on top

im going on a cruise in 2 days (a 7 day Caribb)

i decided to visit a friend last min in NYC, and have already gotten hit up for the 100.00 change fee from American airlines to change my flight to see her (what a rip off)

I would like a rental car for 3 days (JFK airport) pick up and drop off

SUN-MON-TUE
1/20-1/23

the best i have come up with is
enterprise 157.97 USD Total for the 3 days using the 15% off

since i will be on the ship prior to going to NYC it does not leave me much time to browse the net for the best deals.

any help would be Swell!!!

i need to book by friday night or im at the mercy of the retail desk clerks

rated:
I am renting a car at SAN for 2/17 - 2/22 and I have hit a snag: I got a rate from Enterprise yesterday of 135 (inc. tax) for an intermediate, but it would not take any coupon codes at all. I planned on calling this morning to try to get some help with the code, but now the rate is about $40 more without the code. The best rate I have found this morning is $154 using the UCalumni code. None of the entertainment codes seem to work for this location. I have tried all of the Budget and enterprise codes I am eligible for (I am not a gov employee, I have tried Costco, Sams, AAA, entertainment,ucalumni, and the nondescript codes).

Any thoughts (besides that I should have booked yesterday)?

rated:
I'm traveling to see my Dad in Florida with my two kids. I seem to missed all the good deals because i arrive on 2/17 at 11am and am leaving 2/22 at 9am. it is short a couple of hours to make 5 days.. can i say i want to pick up the car at 9am, to make it 5 days? (tampa) Also, from your experience is it cheaper to rent from terminal or not in the terminal?
I used a BJ's code two years ago in San Diego, CA and they made me show my membership at the counter, maybe things have changed...
Thanks in advance for any helpful insights....

rated:
riaesq said: 5760339

i still have fake carlton travel biz cards..

rated:
This is a different question: Maybe answered, but i didnt find it.

anyone know a way to tell what cars a rental places uses?

i.e. hertz has xyz brand cars. national abc cars?

I can work the coupons on my own.

rated:
thx for the member that PM'd me the 50% off code to Enterprise

90 bux with tax for 3 days at JFK unbeatable...!!!

rated:
What rental SUV or vehicle can I rent that carries 8 people? I will have to rent two cars so that we can get everyone and the luggage to the place we are staying, but would prefer to only take one to the Disney parks in May.

Any rental companies have these?

rated:
Local Enterprise (Dallas) here rents Suburbans and Nissan Armadas as Large SUV for pretty good prices

rated:
LadyD said: What rental SUV or vehicle can I rent that carries 8 people? I will have to rent two cars so that we can get everyone and the luggage to the place we are staying, but would prefer to only take one to the Disney parks in May.

Any rental companies have these?

Pretty sure National has an 8 person van. It is my understanding that unlike "regular" cars, once you reserve one of these, you are pretty much committed to either taking it or giving notice ahead of time that you are canceling. I think you will be charged for at least one day if you change your mind or don't show up.

It may be in your best interest to get two cars anyway, so your schedules might be more flexible and it may wind up cheaper. Also if you are staying on Disney property, you are entitled to FREE transportation from MCO to your hotel and free trans thru all of the parks. If one of you has an Annual Pass OR is staying on property your parking at WDW will be free as opposed to 11/day. Depending on the length of your trip and whether you plan to return, it may be worth buying one of these just to cover the parking fees- definitely worth looking into as there are many other benefits besides.

For the best deals and info for WDW, I suggest trying Mousesavers and Disboards. Always tons of valuable info there for all possible facets of your trip. Ask specifically on the Transportation Board for best car rental possibilities.

rated:
Hey guys!

Looking for a rental from ORF (Norfolk, VA) on January 18 returning to Washington DC. I only need it to make the trip to DC because I can't find a cheap enough flight there. I can drop it off anywhere in DC it doesn't really matter. I am flying into Norfolk on January 17, and was thinking I could jsut go to the airport and get a car and drive it to DC for cheaper than $120. I was wondering what you guys thought, and if you had any tips or suggestions on how to do this. I really appreciate the help!

Thanks!!!

rated:
Tips and suggestions:
1) go to car rental site
2) plug in pickup location
3)plug in Washington, DC as dropoff
4) you will be asked which DC dropoff you want. pick one and start inputting codes. then pick another and start inputting so you can see which dropoff area is cheapest/most convenient. I'd start with most convenient and work from there. I think there's a 25$ off coupon on National for a one way rental.

I'd guess you can do this for less than 120$ but you won't know til you try. It's a holiday weekend so it may cost more. Have you checked Southwest's fares? set up Ding? Although it's kinda late for that now too.

Let us know what you find.

rated:
riaesq said: Tips and suggestions:
1) go to car rental site
2) plug in pickup location
3)plug in Washington, DC as dropoff
4) you will be asked which DC dropoff you want. pick one and start inputting codes. then pick another and start inputting so you can see which dropoff area is cheapest/most convenient. I'd start with most convenient and work from there. I think there's a 25$ off coupon on National for a one way rental.

I'd guess you can do this for less than 120$ but you won't know til you try. It's a holiday weekend so it may cost more. Have you checked Southwest's fares? set up Ding? Although it's kinda late for that now too.

Let us know what you find.

yep, I checked southwest... unfortunately, just i'm a little late... usually they fly from norfolk to dc for 89 but its like 113 now or so. Cheapest I have found is dollar rental car for like $49.. thats 14$ base rate plus 25$ one way rental. I thinkt he national coupon requires a min time rental.. cause I can't seem to use it. I'll keep trying others.. but cheapest I have found is $49 from ORF to BWI with dollar or thrifty..

rated:
49$ one-way is a great deal. Hope you reserved it while you continue looking.

I see that the National coupon requires 3 days. Too bad you can't use the last minute code for 17.55 to return to ORF- that's really cheap. I tried it with your one -way and it went up 6-fold.

rated:
You may want to see if there is a local edition that will be more convenient for you than going to the airport. Often the price is the same. I wind up doing pickup at a local hotel rather than dealing with the headache of EWR and save on airport taxes as well- although that won't apply for dropoff.

rated:
riaesq said: 49$ one-way is a great deal. Hope you reserved it while you continue looking.

I see that the National coupon requires 3 days. Too bad you can't use the last minute code for 17.55 to return to ORF- that's really cheap. I tried it with your one -way and it went up 6-fold.

just reserved Avis for 46.95 from ORF to BWI picking up Jan 18 at 6pm dropping off Jan 19 6pm using AWD C070127 for $46.95... seems decent... anybody know of any coupons or anything.. i tried all the codes I can think of

Thanks!!!!!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 123 4 5155
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014