• filter:
  • 14 5 678155
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Thanks guys, I'll check out both Enterprise and National. I know I'm going to rent two vehicles, just want one of them to be large enough to accomodate all 8 of us and not too expensive. We are renting a house, which ends up cheaper than 5 hotel rooms for 8 days and is large enough that we won't be in each others faces all the time. It is less convenient than staying on Disney property, but my sanity is worth the trouble.

rated:
Does anyone have tips for getting a discount when booking in Canada. I need a round-trip vehicle to/from YVR and it seems most of the coupons I've tried do not work.

rated:
Scotty2Hottie said: thx for the member that PM'd me the 50% off code to Enterprise

90 bux with tax for 3 days at JFK unbeatable...!!!

Please PM me the code.

rated:
mcoletti said: I am traveling to Las Vegas in the beginning of March and poked around to try and find the best deal. I need a full-size car or similar since I need the luggage capacity. Tried the coupons and such posted here and was getting a weekly rate (incl. taxes+fees) at around $260. On a whim I tried Priceline and "Avis" came up with a full-size for $223.39 (incl. taxes+fees). Hope this helps someone.

Oops, checked my confirmation email and that price was actually for a "Premium" car, not full-size.

Keep checking continually. I originally booked 3/26 to 4/1 for about $150.26 with $20 coupon and a discount code from the old thread (I think its the one at the top of the Nat'l list) for a mid-size car. As I am Emerald, I normally can receive a decent size car which does have plenty of trunk room on the emerald aisle (join if you haven't already). I have gone in repeatedly and tried to do things such as change the $20 coupon to the $30, etc. Prices have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other. Last week I ended up with it at $160 with the $30 coupon - maybe Thursday or so???? and tonight it is back up to $190 and a few weeks ago it was $230. So of course I am keeping the original reservation but point is - check it nightly or multiple times a day if you have to!!! Those rates will swing all over the place and I swear change in a matter of seconds some times, LOL. So I don't think I would necessarily use the Priceline option quite yet. You might be better off just booking thru the company and continually modifying for a better price.

rated:
hey guys.. need a car at BWI on 1/22 - 1/23.. so far cheapest I have is $50.32 at enterprise.. any help is greatly appreciated!!

rated:
dyn0 said: hey guys.. need a car at BWI on 1/22 - 1/23.. so far cheapest I have is $50.32 at enterprise.. any help is greatly appreciated!!

its interesting.. if you search sidestep the cheapest you find are Vans and SUVs..

rated:
Can I have a code please? I need a rental car at EWR in April for 4 days. Thanks

Scotty2Hottie said: thx for the member that PM'd me the 50% off code to Enterprise

90 bux with tax for 3 days at JFK unbeatable...!!!

rated:
first post to FW to say thanks; I got this deal using codes found on FW.
Pick up Las Vegas 5-25-08; drop off Phoenix 5-31-08 Alamo midsize vehicle; Alamo is the only company I could find that does not charge the expensive "drop off" charges. Thanks for the codes. I printed out the coupon to take with me just in case they ask for it.
Midsize (USD)
(1) Week Rate ($186.99/week) $186.99
Contract I.D. 7014186
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
(1) Additional Driver Included
Unlimited Miles Included
Subtotal.............................................$186.99
Discounts
Discount ($18.70)
Bj's Car Rental Flyer 2008 ($28.05)
Subtotal............................................($46.75)
Taxes, Surcharges and Fees
Customer Facility Chrg 3.00usd/day $18.00
Concession Recovery Fee $14.45
Clark County Rental Fee 2 % $3.09
Nv Recovery Surcharge 3 % $4.21
Nv Recovery Surcharge 1 % $1.40
Sales Tax (7.750%) $12.31
Nv Gvt Svc Fee (6.0%) $9.28
Subtotal..............................................$62.74
Estimated Total......................................$202.98

rated:
dpridemore-
Be sure to keep checking as you may very well see this price go down. Thanks for posting.

rated:
Please PM me the 50% off enterprise code too. Thanks : )

rated:
Hi,

I'd greatly appreciate a PM of the 50% off coupon code for Enterprise.

Thank you very much!

rated:
I would like that 50% off coupon as well, Will be going to Orlando in February. Thanks alot.

rated:
goodnessgracious said:

Do not give up on Alamo though - I would check their last minute specials later this week. Currently midsize SUV's are going for $169 per week but the offer expires 1/22. Using Corporate ID: IG and coupon code AD3829MRB I get a rate of $193.77 for five days - I bet they extend the offer, I don't remember what day they extend them but I have a feeling it is Wednesday or Thursday. Use the link below to check.

Alamo Hot Deals

Looks like the total is 189 which comes to $219 after tax for midsize. Anyone think I can do better? Anyone know if midsize will fit 5 adults comfortably?

rated:
Venusian-

You might try just a little harder. I just checked your dates and National has midsize for 149$ a week midsize right now, slightly higher on bigger cars, on their last minute specials. There's a 35$ coupon that's been posted here many times. And you can almost always get a bigger car on the EA.

Midsize might be tight, especially with luggage.

rated:
Hello
I also need 50% at Enterprise also. Please pm me. Thanks

rated:
50% off at Enterprise is on the home page of the website. It's for weekends. If there is a non-weekend code, perhaps someone could tell us about it here?

rated:
Can someone please PM me the 50% Enterprise code? I'm going to need a rental for 1-25-08 through 1-30-08 in the L.A. area. Thanks!

rated:
Is this too good to be true?

I'm looking to rent a mid-sized car from Newark, NJ for 3 weeks (2/5 -2/26). I checked Enterprise and they are saying that it will only cost me:

3 Weeks @
$ 113.00 USD $ 339.00 USD
DOMESTIC SECURITY FEE $ 105.00 USD
Subtotal $ 444.00 USD
AIRPORT ACCESS $ 31.53 USD
SALES TAX $ 25.94 USD

* Total Estimated
Charges $ 501.47 USD

I didn't enter any coupon codes are anything else regrading a discount. I've never rented from Enterprise and have a hard time thinking there's not some hidden charges somewhere! Comments? Insights?

Thanks!

rated:
dumbusername-
Hope you booked that EWR rental. Fees look legit- as you can see there is a 5$ daily security fee, which makes EWR one of the most $$$ to rent- it's normally quite a bit higher but maybe Feb in EWR is slow- it's probably the worst month to be here, weather-wise, so maybe prices are down due to that.
If you print out the confirmation I don't see how they could charge you more. There's probably a coupon floating around somewhere (entertainment book, maybe?) to sweeten the deal even more.

rated:
Hi guys... I have to rent a minivan or SUV on short notice in SLC, and Advantage Rent A Car had the lowest rates by far, so I went ahead and booked with them. I've heard some very bad things about Advantage, however -- so I'm a little nervous that they may not have a van for me when I get there. As a backup, I've also made a reservation with National at a higher rate. Is it bad form if I don't cancel the National reservation until I get there and know that everything will work out with Advantage. All that National has on me is my name and email address, so it's not like they can legally charge me for anything, right?

Hope this is a decent place to post this question... I didn't think it warranted its own thread. Thanks in advance for your help.

rated:
riaesq said: Venusian-

You might try just a little harder. I just checked your dates and National has midsize for 149$ a week midsize right now, slightly higher on bigger cars, on their last minute specials. There's a 35$ coupon that's been posted here many times. And you can almost always get a bigger car on the EA.

Midsize might be tight, especially with luggage.

Thanks for the info. I meant midsize SUV (which is why the cost is a little higher). We were told that we should probably have 4WD for the house we're staying at. Do midsize SUVs come with 4WD standard?

What is EA?

rated:
EA is Emerald Aisle. New members should always read at least a few pages into the thread- a few at the beginning and a few at the end- so they can be informed. This one isn't yet 100 pages like the last one so it's still pretty manageable.

It might be worth asking- here or on Flyertalk- what people have seen on the EA in Denver. I have driven SUV's, both full and midsize, at the midsize rate a few times in other locations- never been to DEN so can't help you there.

Sorry if I sound cranky but the same questions over and over again get really boring. Stick around for a while and you'll see what I mean I think the 4 wheel drive question gets asked a lot and no one ever knows for sure as it varies. You might want to check with the individual company. My guess is that in Denver, the cars would have it BUT that's purely a guess.

GOOD CODE AND/OR INFO TO KNOW ABOUT FOR NATIONAL: 6600435 -- FOR LAST MINUTE RENTALS. See "Specials to Go" on the National homepage.

rated:
thanks for the Avis codes. I will try those next time I go away. A friend told me Avis has a better deal with those special codes, almost always lower than online or entertainment coupon.

rated:
I just reserved an 8 day trip 3/8-3/16 in Ft Myers Fla for $300 through Dollar. Is that a comparable price. I'm still going to check back multiple times before the trip but I was wondering if I was on the right track.

rated:
Smitty2000 said: Hi guys... I have to rent a minivan or SUV on short notice in SLC, and Advantage Rent A Car had the lowest rates by far, so I went ahead and booked with them. I've heard some very bad things about Advantage, however -- so I'm a little nervous that they may not have a van for me when I get there. As a backup, I've also made a reservation with National at a higher rate. Is it bad form if I don't cancel the National reservation until I get there and know that everything will work out with Advantage. All that National has on me is my name and email address, so it's not like they can legally charge me for anything, right?

Hope this is a decent place to post this question... I didn't think it warranted its own thread. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have rented from Advantage 87 rental days in the last year and have never had a problem,of course I have not used SLC.I used to be a die hard Alamo customer for 15+ years but have been very disappointed the last 5 rental days.

rated:
Hey Guys, just wanted to say thanks for all the info and show how much I'll be saving because of you guys. Our one week rental at LAX with no discounts would have been $228.77 total. I'm a United Airlines member so I used the UA code K019300. I am also a Coke Rewards member and I got 2 Budget Certificates for $25 each. So our grand total with all the discounts comes to...........

$72.95 for the entire week!!! Thanks FW'ers!!!

rated:
I'm flying into FLL on 1/25-1/30 and I need a minivan--the best i could find was $245 including taxes from alamo (using a $25 coupon code). Can I get anything better? Thanks

rated:
oldunclepaul said: I'm flying into FLL on 1/25-1/30 and I need a minivan--the best i could find was $245 including taxes from alamo (using a $25 coupon code). Can I get anything better? Thanks
You can save at least 50$ by reading my post above.
AGAIN--- NEW MEMBERS---READ THRU THE POSTS!

rated:
That would be with the $35 coupon mentioned in this thread, btw.

rated:
Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me the Enterprise 50% code???

THANK YOU....

rated:
Hi all,

I've tried searching this topic and I'm not real sure where to start. Going to Orlando 4/11 to 4/16. Need either two vehicles that seat 6 or one van that seats 12. All these coupons codes are overwhelming. Do you have to show something when picking up vehicle to validate coupon? If something comes up cheaper, how close to the pickup date can you cancel a reservation?

I hope my newbie questions don't agitate you veterans. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

rated:
We are doing Anchorage, Alaska (airport) on June 10-14, 2008. I'm not dure is $298 is a good rate for an intermediate.

Thanks!

rated:
https://www.Budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/partner/creditcard/amex_offer.html?ICID=homepage_billboard_amex&IID=AMEX

AMEX Promo

rated:
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I want to use my gold card to avoid paying for insurance (since the card covers it). I was going to use Hotwire or Priceline.com to get the rental car. However, in those cases, you must pay up front. I also suspect that the payment is made to Priceline or Hotwire.

Would I be covered by the gold card for the insurance through Priceline or Hotwire?

Thanks!
The Agents Of Evil

rated:
TheAgentsOfEvil said: Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I want to use my gold card to avoid paying for insurance (since the card covers it). I was going to use Hotwire or Priceline.com to get the rental car. However, in those cases, you must pay up front. I also suspect that the payment is made to Priceline or Hotwire.

Would I be covered by the gold card for the insurance through Priceline or Hotwire?

Thanks!
The Agents Of Evil

That's a good question. I think your best bet would be to call your credit card company. Please post what you find out.

rated:
THE CHEAPEST SITE FOR HOTELS AND CARS IS THE AMERICAN EXPRESS TRAVEL SITE.. IT'S CHEAPER THAN ANY OTHER RENTAL SITE FROM MY EXPIERENCE. AND YOU DONT NEED TO BE AN American Express CARD HOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated:
Hi,
Just letting you know that I updated the first post with about thirty new National Codes. I have a few more left, which I will do soon

rated:
matskul said: Hi,
Just letting you know that I updated the first post with about thirty new National Codes. I have a few more left, which I will do soon

Thanks for updating the info. A few comments:

1) Stupid question, perhaps, so forgive me if I missed something. Is it safe to assume these quotes are all for a midsize car? If I just don't see it, my apologies (I do need bifocals!); if it's not there, can we add it in somehow? Not that it matters all that much, but everyone who adds info should be adding it for the same category.

2) It is VERY important to note that these rates may not reflect any kind of current reality. EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON TIMING- therefore, the older quotes may not be correct for an inquiry made today, and codes recently inserted may not reflect any realistic differences as compared to older, no-longer-valid quotes. Hope that is somewhat clearer than mud

The same story from another angle-- at this very moment with NO code, you can get a Midsize SUV from JFK significantly cheaper than a midsize car from National- and this is NOT the first time I have seen that (75$ vs $105, if anyone is interested, pre-tax)- or similarly unexpected pricing structures. A premium could cost less than a compact. Again- it's all timing, based on supply and demand at that moment.

3)Prices vary like crazy. It's important to keep checking. I saved a ton of $ by taking a peek at around 3 am and catching a "blink and it's gone" rate.

4)I think 5007125 (the EA code) and the "Last Minute" code, 6600435, would be nice additions to the list. If someone would like to add those (again, I may have missed them with my aging eyes) please do.

rated:
I clarified in the post that all the rates are for a full size.
I also put a quote from you into that post to make sure that people understand the point of the matrix and that the prices can change dramatically.
Thank you for providing those last two codes, as I did not have them yet.

Thanks

riaesq said: matskul said: Hi,

Thanks for updating the info. A few comments:

1) Stupid question, perhaps, so forgive me if I missed something. Is it safe to assume these quotes are all for a midsize car? If I just don't see it, my apologies (I do need bifocals!); if it's not there, can we add it in somehow? Not that it matters all that much, but everyone who adds info should be adding it for the same category.

2) It is VERY important to note that these rates may not reflect any kind of current reality. EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON TIMING- therefore, the older quotes may not be correct for an inquiry made today, and codes recently inserted may not reflect any realistic differences as compared to older, no-longer-valid quotes. Hope that is somewhat clearer than mud

The same story from another angle-- at this very moment with NO code, you can get a Midsize SUV from JFK significantly cheaper than a midsize car from National- and this is NOT the first time I have seen that (75$ vs $105, if anyone is interested, pre-tax)- or similarly unexpected pricing structures. A premium could cost less than a compact. Again- it's all timing, based on supply and demand at that moment.

3)Prices vary like crazy. It's important to keep checking. I saved a ton of $ by taking a peek at around 3 am and catching a "blink and it's gone" rate.

4)I think 5007125 (the EA code) and the "Last Minute" code, 6600435, would be nice additions to the list. If someone would like to add those (again, I may have missed them with my aging eyes) please do.

rated:
Hey, I'm trying to get a rental from 11th-16th Feb from SJC. Lowest I can find is 94.79.
Any help?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 14 5 678155
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.