• filter:
  • 1 2 345155
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I wonder, is it cheaper to try and make a reservation through Priceline, or to use one of the coupons here?

Ads by Google
rated:
CaptainAlias said: I wonder, is it cheaper to try and make a reservation through Priceline, or to use one of the coupons here?

There is no definite answer to this. I suggest booking using a coupon and monitoring the prices until the date of your rental. If a day or 2 before you think the best rate you got is still "too high" then try a Priceline bid.

I would not recommend bidding more than a day or 2 in advance on Priceline as car rental prices very frequently drop last minute.

Szymon

rated:
Do your PL research on biddingfortravel.com or betterbidding.com so you will have a good idea of what to bid. Remember there are no cancellations or changes once you bid- so be sure the plan and the price both satisfy you.

rated:
CaptainAlias said: I wonder, is it cheaper to try and make a reservation through Priceline, or to use one of the coupons here?

You can usually bid $15 on Priceline for a mid-size and get it, unless where you are going is a hot spot.

rated:
Booked with Naitonal with 3715444 Car & Driver code. It indeed offered the best rate. cool.

rated:
choosen said: Booked with Naitonal with 3715444 Car & Driver code. It indeed offered the best rate. cool.

How did you book it with the C&D code? I received a coupon error when that happened.

rated:
Anyone used Advantage before out of Las Vegas? I've never used them but they seem to have good daily rates. I used Side Step and they quoted less that $9.00/day for an economy. I only need the car from Feb 8 - 12th.

Thanks in advance

rated:
twinmomma76 said: Anyone used Advantage before out of Las Vegas? I've never used them but they seem to have good daily rates. I used Side Step and they quoted less that $9.00/day for an economy. I only need the car from Feb 8 - 12th.

Thanks in advance

I use them all the time,in fact their the only ones I use in Vegas anymore.There's a girl named Leah who works I think 5pm to 1am Wed thru Sun who's really cool about giving cheap upgrades so If you can talk to her you'll get a better deal.Of course their already pretty cheap.

rated:
Does anyone have any Codes/coupons for Dollar Rent A Car? I am trying to find some to add to the first post, but so far I cant find anything.

Thanks

rated:
szymon said: CaptainAlias said: I wonder, is it cheaper to try and make a reservation through Priceline, or to use one of the coupons here?

There is no definite answer to this. I suggest booking using a coupon and monitoring the prices until the date of your rental. If a day or 2 before you think the best rate you got is still "too high" then try a Priceline bid.

I would not recommend bidding more than a day or 2 in advance on Priceline as car rental prices very frequently drop last minute.

Szymon

Great minds all think the same

rated:
So I'm trying to get a rental (preferably SUV size or larger) from the 27th-3rd, but it seems there's very limited stock around the DC area. Most cars are sold out, as I would expect around the holiday time.

However, should I expect perhaps more inventory say 1-2 days before I need to rent? I expect that there will be some cancellations. Or should I just play it safe and book now?

rated:
CaptainAlias said: choosen said: Booked with Naitonal with 3715444 Car & Driver code. It indeed offered the best rate. cool.

How did you book it with the C&D code? I received a coupon error when that happened.

Really? It works fine for me. It's Contract ID box you entered under, right?

rated:
CaptainAlias said:

However, should I expect perhaps more inventory say 1-2 days before I need to rent? I expect that there will be some cancellations. Or should I just play it safe and book now?

I recommend you book now - if lower prices become available you can cancel/rebook later.

Hertz has an SUV out of DCA for $311 with AAA discount/coupon.

Szymon

rated:
What happened to the old thread? There were a lot more code on that (better ones)

rated:
generaltso said: What happened to the old thread? There were a lot more code on that (better ones)
General Tso?

Love your chicken!

Please hold the peppers.

rated:
szymon said: CaptainAlias said:

I recommend you book now - if lower prices become available you can cancel/rebook later.

Hertz has an SUV out of DCA for $311 with AAA discount/coupon.

Szymon

Yeah, but that's for the smaller rav-4 mid-size SUVs. I was hoping for something in the trailblazer/full size SUV or larger. Stupid me for not making the reservation sooner.

BTW, Szymon, is the online reservation system an accurate representation of the car availability? Do you think they would have any additional cars if I called in a reservation?

rated:
generaltso said: What happened to the old thread? There were a lot more code on that (better ones)

It moved to FT.Go find it.

rated:
thegoodstuffsher said: generaltso said: What happened to the old thread? There were a lot more code on that (better ones)

Found it with no help from you!

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/63/788985

rated:
generaltso said: thegoodstuffsher said: generaltso said: What happened to the old thread? There were a lot more code on that (better ones)

Found it with no help from you!

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/63/788985

Well silly me,I would have used the link at the top of this page.

rated:
choosen said: CaptainAlias said: choosen said: Booked with Naitonal with 3715444 Car & Driver code. It indeed offered the best rate. cool.

Really? It works fine for me. It's Contract ID box you entered under, right?

Thanks, stupid mistake on my part. So does the C&D code includes an extra driver in the fees?

FYI- I called a local enterprise in rockville, maryland, and they said that they are extending their 50% off weekend rate to include 50% off for the week, up to midsize cars. I'm getting a Maxima/Impala for $180 for 7 days, unlimited mileage. YMMV.

rated:
According to Flyer Talk - National coupon code ND2119071Q - $35 off weekly was extended to 1/31/08.

rated:
CaptainAlias said: FYI- I called a local enterprise in rockville, maryland, and they said that they are extending their 50% off weekend rate to include 50% off for the week, up to midsize cars. I'm getting a Maxima/Impala for $180 for 7 days, unlimited mileage. YMMV.

An Impala is a fullsize at Enterprise. A Maxima is a premium. That would be a great deal for a Premium - I see $172 total at Enterprise.com for the fullsize.

Szymon

rated:
szymon said: CaptainAlias said: FYI- I called a local enterprise in rockville, maryland, and they said that they are extending their 50% off weekend rate to include 50% off for the week, up to midsize cars. I'm getting a Maxima/Impala for $180 for 7 days, unlimited mileage. YMMV.

An Impala is a fullsize at Enterprise. A Maxima is a premium. That would be a great deal for a Premium - I see $172 total at Enterprise.com for the fullsize.

Szymon

Yeah, sorry, that should have been 'up to full-size', not midsize. Maybe the salesperson got his maxima and impalas mixed up.

rated:
Can i get a better deal than this?

Pickup Location: Sacramento International Airport-SMF/In-terminal/SACRAMENTO, CA
Pickup Location Phone: 866-434-2226
Return Location: Sacramento International Airport-SMF/In-terminal/SACRAMENTO, CA
Pickup Date/Time: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2007 @ 5:30 PM
Return Date/Time: FRIDAY, JANUARY 04, 2008 @ 5:30 PM
Vehicle Type: Lock Low and Go ( Intermediate or Larger Intermediate or Larger )
Promo Code: WILD
Currency: U.S. Dollar
Rate Code: RCUW5

YOUR RATE IS: 1 Week at $98.80 per week. Unlimited mileage.

Base Rate: $98.80

APT CONC RECOV FEE: $10.98
STATE TAX: $8.51
TOURISM SURCHARGE: $2.47

=================================
Total Estimated Charges: $120.76
THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING DOLLAR

I am getting the same deal (intermediate or higher) from National for $133. I prefer National since i am Emerald Executive but would take dollar if i can knock the price down to around $100-$110.

rated:
I can verify that last minute (e.g. day before) rental rates with National seem to be about $30 cheaper, at least going by the weekly rate. Also, their inventory seems to have increased at the last minute as well.

rated:
Can anyone tell me the source of this code? Do you need to print out a coupon or are you even asked for it when used? Any help appreciated!

goodnessgracious said: According to Flyer Talk - National coupon code ND2119071Q - $35 off weekly was extended to 1/31/08.

rated:
I have used that coupon several times this year and no paper coupon was requested.

rated:
munna82 said: I prefer National since i am Emerald Executive but would take dollar if i can knock the price down to around $100-$110.

I would definitely pay $13 more to go with National. Getting a minivan from Dollar does not seem as attractive as a fullsize/premium from National

Szymon

rated:
Has anyone under 25 used the codes to wait the underage fee successfully? My girlfriend is 24 and needs to rent a car during a business trip; she didn't see the fee listed anywhere during the order process (after using a code from above) and doesn't want to be surprised with a fee upon arrival. Anyone got any experience using these? Problems or suggestions?

rated:
I saw this:
V183800 Delta Airlines Employees 74.32 63.76 33.25
Does this mean that only Delta Airlines Employees can use this code or

anyone else can use it?

Thanks a lot!

rated:
I like the new thread. Just booked an enterprise rental in san diego for 8.99 a day.

rated:
I tried a bunch of codes from different rental companies from this thread and also USAA and Entertainment book for a rental in Denver for a ski trip. However the best quote I got was from Expedia and (same from) Yahoo travel for an SUV. These sites compare the rates and although I usually dont like Alamo - I got a rate $100 cheaper than trying codes for a 4 day weekend rental.

rated:
iota said: Has anyone under 25 used the codes to wait the underage fee successfully? My girlfriend is 24 and needs to rent a car during a business trip; she didn't see the fee listed anywhere during the order process (after using a code from above) and doesn't want to be surprised with a fee upon arrival. Anyone got any experience using these? Problems or suggestions?

Underage fee confirmed:

Thrifty Corporate Discount Code: 1660228069

No ID requirement, No underage fee and no extra driver fee.

rated:
$9.99 & up -- Rent a Car in 14 States through February* - from Travelzoo (minivan - $19.99/day)

Advantage Rent A Car's newest sale features one of the best deals we've seen in a while. For as little as $9.99 per day, you can rent an economy car (Hyundai Accent or similar) or a 4-door compact (Dodge Caliber or similar) between Jan. 4 - Feb. 29.
Need a bigger car? As part of this sale, you can rent a minivan for as low as $19.99 per day.

Advantage Rent A Car has locations in 14 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah and Washington.

While discounted pricing is available at all Advantage locations, we found the best availability and prices at these locations (sample prices for economy or compact car):

Phoenix ... $9.99 daily
Kansas City ... $9.99 daily
Central & southern Texas ... $9.99 weekends / $17.99 weekdays
Florida (all locations) ... $9.99 daily in Jan.; $29.99 daily in Feb.
Colorado (all locations) ... $9.99 daily Jan. 1-15; $25.99 daily Jan. 16-31.
Dozens of additional cities and car types are available (see Web site below for complete details)
Travelzoo Tip: Availability of economy and compact cars at sale prices is limited and can disappear at any time, especially for the more popular locations and rental periods. If you can't find the lowest rate, try alternate dates.
Blackout Dates: Feb. 14-18

Link

rated:
Fantastic thread. great info

rated:
Thanks a lot for the great thread.

Im looking to travel from Boston to Toronto for a vball tournament and im taking 3 other big guys up there. Ive been using National (the carlton travel coupon code) but was wondering if there are better car renting agencies that offer better cars over my Pontiac Grand Am.....

any suggestions are appreciated.

rated:
Anyone know how to get a good deal out of Miami in Feb. The best I can find is $55 a day. This is so hard since I just left Vegas and got $10 a day.

rated:
thegoodstuffsher said: generaltso said: What happened to the old thread? There were a lot more code on that (better ones)

The guy who used to post the old thread is posting it on another website.

rated:
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post. Lots of great info here!!

I was wondering if anyone knew of new Enterprise codes. I have to book a car this Saturday (Jan 5) for one month in Burbank, CA.

I tried a few of the older ones but they expired.

Much thanks in advance!!!

rated:
Hey guys,

need a car in norfolk, virginia (airport ORF) starting jan 17 (8pm) - Jan 20 (noon). Lowest I can get is $40 at budget + tax = $53. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 2 345155
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014