• Search this Topic »
rated:
CAR RENTAL REQUEST - Fort Lauderdale

FLL Car rental help needed please
Dates: Dec 27 – Jan 1 (MON-SAT)
P/U from FLL airport Dec 27 3pm
Drop off Jan 1 noon

Prefer Intermediate, settle for standard

I am a Hertz Gold, National Emerald Executive and have Avis and Budget memberships. Don't have a lot of experience renting...got status thru promotions.

Best rate I have found so far is with Dollar. Can someone advise me if they are good company to deal with? I love the fast - no counter lines offered by Hertz, Nat'l and Budget. Have no experience with Dollar.

DOLLAR - used my companies "tickets at work" discount Corporate Discount Number: CC0226
Got STANDARD FORD FUSION FOR: $270.90+49.75=$320.65
($49.75 is for $9.95 DAY For add'l driver plus (Base rate $200 plus tax/fee)

HERTZ - also thru my company used GOVT EMPLOYEES MARKETPLACE CDP For:
CHEVY IMPALA for $332.57 ($270 plus tax/fee)
Add'l drive included

NATIONAL - used Emerald ID 5007125 for Fullsize
CHEVY IMPALA FOR $396.61 ($310 plus tax/fee)

Any help appreciated. If no better rates found, advice on choosing Hertz over Dollar (my inclination).

THanks!

rated:
vrbest said:   Any help please!

vrbest said:   REQUEST: Looking for cheap Car Rental for period 12/25 3:00 PM to 01/06 9 AM at LAX

Hello All,
We are a family of 4 travelling on a big vacation to LAX/SAN/LAS. Looking for SUV to rent for this period. Can break into two weeks separately from 12/25 to 12/ or 12/31 then rest.

so for I found the following:
Hotwire - 558.36
Avis - Costco/TUGA008 - 642.80 says "Coupon deductions are NOT included in the estimated total, but will be calculated and applied at the time of rental"

Hertz/Budget/National - 1100 + (tried costco/AAA/southwest) - For national used all the corp id/coupon provided here.

Any help to get me a deal is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know how you found $558 for a full size SUV, for the entire rental period, but if that's correct, book it.

rated:
vrbest said:   Any help please!

vrbest said:   REQUEST: Looking for cheap Car Rental for period 12/25 3:00 PM to 01/06 9 AM at LAX

Hello All,
We are a family of 4 travelling on a big vacation to LAX/SAN/LAS. Looking for SUV to rent for this period. Can break into two weeks separately from 12/25 to 12/ or 12/31 then rest.

so for I found the following:
Hotwire - 558.36
Avis - Costco/TUGA008 - 642.80 says "Coupon deductions are NOT included in the estimated total, but will be calculated and applied at the time of rental"

Hertz/Budget/National - 1100 + (tried costco/AAA/southwest) - For national used all the corp id/coupon provided here.

Any help to get me a deal is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

DID YOU BOOK THE COSTCO RATE??? (assuming, of course, that you are a member?)
Is this a one way rental?
Have you checked to see if Last Minute Specials are up yet? (probably not, but worth a look)

rated:
sunnyday60 said:   CAR RENTAL REQUEST - Fort Lauderdale

Drop off Jan 1 noon

I am a Hertz Gold, National Emerald Executive and have Avis and Budget memberships. Don't have a lot of experience renting...got status thru promotions.

Best rate I have found so far is with Dollar. Can someone advise me if they are good company to deal with? I love the fast - no counter lines offered by Hertz, Nat'l and Budget. Have no experience with Dollar.

DOLLAR - used my companies "tickets at work" discount Corporate Discount Number: CC0226

Add'l drive included

Any help appreciated. If no better rates found, advice on choosing Hertz over Dollar (my inclination).

THanks!

how much for Nat'l midsize and did you try any coupons to sweeten the deal? although since it's Xmas they probably won't take one. also try AMEX code (if you have one) 5125601, and Continental 5007160
although they

rated:
Unfortunately I missed the Hotwire deal - it was static for few days and I thought I would wait.
I am a costco member - Last minute deals are not up yet. Still searching to make it better deal.

Thanks for your help!

rated:
vrbest said:   Unfortunately I missed the Hotwire deal - it was static for few days and I thought I would wait.
I am a costco member - Last minute deals are not up yet. Still searching to make it better deal.

Thanks for your help!

You didn't answer my questions
Have you read my FAQ's yet? They're only a page long. NEVER WAIT TO BOOK A GOOD DEAL AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE TO PREPAY.

This goes double at high demand times.

rated:
Hi Riaesq,
sorry! It is not one way rental. I want to pick at LAX and drop at LAX. I did read the FAQ but Hotwire was the cheapest and asked for immed payment so I did not do it. Costco ones were mostly same amount for a week so I thought it might change for better and decided to wait. I can break my rental into multiple bookings as I would be traveling to San Diego from LAX and be back and then from LAX to LAS. hope this clarifies.

riaesq said:   vrbest said:   Unfortunately I missed the Hotwire deal - it was static for few days and I thought I would wait.

Thanks for your help!

Have you read my FAQ's yet? They're only a page long. NEVER WAIT TO BOOK A GOOD DEAL AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE TO PREPAY.

rated:
riaesq said:   sunnyday60 said:   CAR RENTAL REQUEST - Fort Lauderdale

Drop off Jan 1 noon

Add'l drive included

THanks!

how much for Nat'l midsize and did you try any coupons to sweeten the deal? although since it's Xmas they probably won't take one. also try AMEX code (if you have one) 5125601, and Continental 5007160
although they

Using my current Contract ID with National, they quote the same price for a Standard or Full Size

The AMEX code was not recognized as a coupon, so I used it in the Contract I.D. field, and it came up as $1053 for a Standard size car

The Continental code for National brought up $350 base rate and I currently have $310

Also found/tried MasterCard contract ID 5009781 and coupon code ND3ZZ9ZDA

Found/Tried Visa Contract ID 5028787 with a free upgrade Coupon ID NU3563ZDM but was $558 (base rate) for a Compact upgraded to a mid-size.

rated:
sunnyday60 said:   riaesq said:   sunnyday60 said:   CAR RENTAL REQUEST - Fort Lauderdale

Drop off Jan 1 noon

Add'l drive included

THanks!

although they

Using my current Contract ID with National, they quote the same price for a Standard or Full Size

The AMEX code was not recognized as a coupon, so I used it in the Contract I.D. field, and it came up as $1053 for a Standard size car

The Continental code for National brought up $350 base rate and I currently have $310

Found/Tried Visa Contract ID 5028787 with a free upgrade Coupon ID NU3563ZDM but was $558 (base rate) for a Compact upgraded to a mid-size.

First of all, for future reference, you need to follow the quote all the way to the last page to see the discount, which with AMEX is still too high ....

Next, what are your requirements with Nat'l Exec? As a EC member you only need to pay midsize price and get to pick from the Aisle which will usually have something higher than a mid.

I just got some good prices with Car and Driver code 3715444 for Mid and Full-- around 220 base. Standard was very high. Go book NOW.

rated:
vrbest said:   Hi Riaesq,
sorry! It is not one way rental. I want to pick at LAX and drop at LAX. I did read the FAQ but Hotwire was the cheapest and asked for immed payment so I did not do it. Costco ones were mostly same amount for a week so I thought it might change for better and decided to wait. I can break my rental into multiple bookings as I would be traveling to San Diego from LAX and be back and then from LAX to LAS. hope this clarifies.

riaesq said:   vrbest said:   Unfortunately I missed the Hotwire deal - it was static for few days and I thought I would wait.

Thanks for your help!

Guess you missed this part:

3) THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "THE ONE BEST CODE". If there were, the Matrix thread would be one page long. A corollary to this is that there is no "best price" or even "average price" for any particular car or date or area. The "best price" can only be judged in relationship to what everyone else is charging at that moment, in that place, for that type of car. Prices in the RAC biz fluctuate literally minute to minute depending on Supply and Demand; it's all constantly re-computed, so don't even try to understand it. Which leads to the motto -- WHEN YOU SEE A GOOD DEAL, BOOK IT IMMEDIATELY. Why would you hesitate as long as no prepayment is necessary? Blink your eye and it could be gone- we see that happen over and over again on the matrix thread. Continue to hunt for a better deal, if you have the time and energy; and when you find one, book it FIRST and then cancel the old one. Cancelling is a courtesy and a CYA that should be extended so that others may still get deals on cars and so that the industry will allow us to continue to book without prepaying- a luxury in the travel biz that applies to no other venues.

rated:
Update: I went with a Budget car rental.

Full Size Car for 12/25 to 1/1 for $234.07 (Used Budget Customer Discount (BCD) # Y126501 (USAA) and coupon # UUGZ004 for Upgrade)
Intermed SUV for 1/1 to 1/6 for $184.87 + free weekend (Used Budget Customer Discount (BCD) # Y126501 and coupon # TUGZ036 for 1 free weekend)

Joined USAA online as individual and got the membership#

will be checking more to see if I can reduce some more as there is no cancellation charge on Budget direct booking

Thanks everyone on this thread for valuable info.

rated:
riaesq said:   sunnyday60 said:   riaesq said:   sunnyday60 said:   CAR RENTAL REQUEST - Fort Lauderdale

CAR RENTAL REQUEST - Fort Lauderdale

Drop off Jan 1 noon

Add'l drive included

THanks!

although they

First of all, for future reference, you need to follow the quote all the way to the last page to see the discount, which with AMEX is still too high ....

Next, what are your requirements with Nat'l Exec? As a EC member you only need to pay midsize price and get to pick from the Aisle which will usually have something higher than a mid.

I just got some good prices with Car and Driver code 3715444 for Mid and Full-- around 220 base. Standard was very high. Go book NOW.

Wow! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You just saved me a hundred bucks! I did go book with Car & Driver for $288.75 total.

But I don't understand your question: what are your requirements with Nat'l Exec?

rated:
Executive status with Nat'l EC expires next year. Is that what you mean?

Tier: EXECUTIVE

Expiration Date: 28-FEB-2011

rated:
sunnyday60 said:   Executive status with Nat'l EC expires next year. Is that what you mean?

I changed this rez to Fullsize for the same price after going back and read the Emerald Isle fine print:

"Whether it's your company's travel policy or simply personal preference, if a midsize car is what you require, the Emerald Club AisleTM is the fastest way to get you on the road.

•Make your reservation for an intermediate vehicle confirming Emerald Aisle Service at participating locations.
•When you arrive at the location, go directly to the Emerald Club Aisle, choose from any available car.
•Remember that you can choose any car on the Aisle for the price of the reserved intermediate"

Intermediate wasn't an option for some reason.

rated:
REQUEST

Pick Up/Return at LAX
Dates are set
Pick up Tues 5/24/11 5:00 pm
Return Tues 6/7/11 5:00 pm

2 Additional Drivers (Spouse and brother)

12/15 passenger van, will also consider minivan

Costco member, have VISA and AMEX cards, brother has AAA

Codes Attempted

National
Emerald Club member
Contract ID 3715444
Code 5125601 (AMEX)
15 pass van - Chevrolet Express

Hertz
Gold member
Code 00004 (AAA)
Minivan - Kia Sedona

Thrifty
Blue Chip member
Promo 362
Van - Ford E-350

Minivan - Caravan

Alamo
Alamo Insider member
Corporate ID 7014627 (Costco)
Coupon AD2338FDF (VISA) *Noted that coupon may need to be presented
15 pass - Chevrolet Express
Anyone know what needs to be presented for the VISA code? I also tried AD4004JDK but got an error that the code expires before my rental.

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.

rated:
riaesq said:   sunnyday60 said:   riaesq said:   sunnyday60 said:   CAR RENTAL REQUEST - Fort Lauderdale

Drop off Jan 1 noon

Add'l drive included

THanks!

although they

Thanks for the car and driver code, it saved me as well... is there any proof needed or i can just say that i have subscription...thanks in advance.

rated:
Wow, VRBEST, you did good.

I didn't know a person could simply "join" USAA. I did, and tried your codes...they didn't work out for my Ft Lauderdale trip.

rated:
sunnyday60 said:   sunnyday60 said:   Executive status with Nat'l EC expires next year. Is that what you mean?

I changed this rez to Fullsize for the same price after going back and read the Emerald Isle fine print:

"Whether it's your company's travel policy or simply personal preference, if a midsize car is what you require, the Emerald Club AisleTM is the fastest way to get you on the road.

•Make your reservation for an intermediate vehicle confirming Emerald Aisle Service at participating locations.
•When you arrive at the location, go directly to the Emerald Club Aisle, choose from any available car.
•Remember that you can choose any car on the Aisle for the price of the reserved intermediate"

Intermediate wasn't an option for some reason.

This intermediate business is a new thing and I find it somewhat confusing. The wording here is very ambiguous and sounds like some kind of mistake. I haven't rented anything in a while so I don't know what the sticking points are here nowadays.

I wondered what the requirement was for Exec Aisle, as far as category you need to reserve to be able to use it... never got that far lol.

rated:
Need help in renting a full size car in DFW 02/01/2011 5pm to 02/05/2011 5am. I will driving to Fort Sill OK to visit my child in the army. My flight arrives in DFW @ 4 pm on 02/01/11 and departs @ 6 am on 02/05/11. the cheapest I can find is $262.00 from Thrifty:

Car Class:Chrysler 300 or Rate:$45.00/day

Total Base Rate (USD): $180.00

Rental Time Charge$180.00
APT CONC RECOV FEE (11.11%)$20.00
COUNTY RENTAL TAX (5%)$11.48
Common Trans Carrier ($2.20 per day)$8.80
FACILITY USAGE FEE($4.00 per day)$16.00
TAG RECOVERY FEE ($1.20 per day)$4.80
RENTAL TAX (10%)$22.96
Total Estimated Mandatory Charges (USD)$264.04
Estimated Grand Total (USD)$264.04

Thanks in advance for your help

rated:
RiceFama said:   Need help in renting a full size car in DFW 02/01/2011 5pm to 02/05/2011 5am. I will driving to Fort Sill OK to visit my child in the army. My flight arrives in DFW @ 4 pm on 02/01/11 and departs @ 6 am on 02/05/11. the cheapest I can find is $262.00 from Thrifty:

RENTAL TAX (10%)$22.96

Your child deserves a big thanks for serving in the military!

You really need to try another couple codes in this matrix. Three are the minimum asked for in order to get assistance. If you read through the previous few pages you will see which ones are working best. Try the ones you qualify for and you can use codes and coupons. Update your post showing the three codes used total rate including taxes and size of car.

rated:
RiceFama said:   Need help in renting a full size car in DFW 02/01/2011 5pm to 02/05/2011 5am. I will driving to Fort Sill OK to visit my child in the army. My flight arrives in DFW @ 4 pm on 02/01/11 and departs @ 6 am on 02/05/11. the cheapest I can find is $262.00 from Thrifty:

RENTAL TAX (10%)$22.96

Thanks to your son or daughter for serving our country.

Your family's contribution to our country is appreciated and as far as I'm concerned, you don't need to look up any more codes.

Same car, same location, but around $66 less. Use code 004m001010 for your Thrifty rental.

I will PM you with the instructions to get the membership card for this code, in case it might be requested.

This is a very good rate and I suggest you book it ASAP.

You can always cancel it if you should find something better.

rated:
Thanks Mishuga Lots of people don't understand the sacrifice soldiers and their family make. I thank you for acknowledging it

I was really excited to save the $66.00 but then noticed that it's for 3 days I need it for 4 days 02/01/2011 to 02/05/2011

rated:
RiceFama said:   Thanks Mishuga Lots of people don't understand the sacrifice soldiers and their family make. I thank you for acknowledging it

I was really excited to save the $66.00 but then noticed that it's for 3 days I need it for 4 days 02/01/2011 to 02/05/2011

My mistake doing the data entry.

The rate you already found was excellent and unfortunately I haven't seen better yet.

Given the rate you found, and the fact that you are getting a premium car, I would suggest you book it ASAP.

I'll keep looking to see if I can find something better.

It's obvious to me that you have done quite a bit of research to find the rate you did and perhaps others in the forum will offer their expertise to assist a military family.

rated:
to sunnyday60, try rentalcarmagic.com. I tried them for you and they found a total price at DOLLAR for 253.41 for a midsize. I've used them before and they are pretty good in finding great prices. Beware, though, they do charge a finder's fee. Good luck.

rated:
REQUEST
Pickup at MCO
Dates: 28 Dec 7:00 am to 5th Jan 5:00 am
Car Type: Economy

Company Total with Taxes and Rate Code
Avis 195.59 A113400 (florida employee)
Avis 282 A074800
Budget 317 X474200 Travelocity
National 262.2 5125601 AMEX code, Coupon Code ND29Z3ZDI(Entertainment.com)
Dollar 279 BJ5013 BJs code

I am going with NATIONAL for now.

Anyone has better coupon/code that will further reduce the price ?

rated:
Don't use UUGA017 if you expect FatCash.

cricwhiz said:   Great work from all the people who have been helping others in the thread.
a very late travel need has come up and I am finding it very difficult to find a reasonable car rental.
Dates: Pick up - Oct 8 8:30 AM
Drop off - Oct 12 7:30 PM (5 day rental)
Here is what i have found so far:
Alamo 7014627 with coupon AD6974JDM full size = 423.08 Inc. tax
National 5007125 full size = 512.96 inc. tax
Budget: BCD W852802 and Coupon UUPZ011 = 497.73
Avis: AWD A108326 and Coupon UUGA017 Full size = 723.37 inc. tax
CarRentals
.com: enterprise full size = 497.15 inc. tax
CarRentals
.com: Thrifty full size = 497.30 inc. tax

I need a car that will seat 5 people. I have Costco membership.
TIA

rated:
https://go.travelpn.com/checkout/CheckoutReview.do;jsessionid=51...Text
Review and Continue
Review your selections
Change Car Car: 8 Days
TotalPrice $ 219.62

Intermediate SUV
(Ford Escape or similar)
Unlimited miles
automatic with air conditioning
Hours of Operation:
Alamo
Pick-up Location:
Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Vehicles At Terminal.
View Address
For questions for this rental company, call:
407-825-1800
Fax: 407-825-2277
Pick up: Tue, Dec 28, 2010, 07:00am
Drop off: Wed, Jan 5, 2011, 05:00am
Total Rental Time: 8 Days
Review the price
(All prices are in US dollars.)
Weekly rate
1 week(s) @ $ 137.03 $ 137.03
1 extra day(s) @ $ 19.57 $ 19.57

Subtotal $ 156.60
Taxes and Fees $ 63.02

Total payment due: $ 219.62
You will not be charged by Car Rental Savers―you will pay at the reservation desk.
Review the policies
Charges for optional services, fuel, insurance waivers, etc. are not included.
Charges for additional or underage drivers may apply at the time of rental.
Geographic restrictions may apply.
Charges for cancellation/changes do not apply.
See payment options for accepted forms of payment.
Any currency conversion for the above rate is based on today's exchange rate. The actual price may be different.
Rental location's shuttle information.
If you experience an issue during your trip, you must call us immediately so that we can assist you in resolving your problem. Any portion of your trip that has been used is non-refundable. We are not responsible for any modifications you make to your trip without our assistance.

rated:
I've been checking to see if any better deals are to be found for my FLL rental beg. dec 27

My current rental car company (nat'l) is now showing SOLD OUT

Should I be worried or have a second rez as a backup?

Just wondering...

rated:
Any tips on a one day rentals in Las Vegas. So far the best I found was $32/day incl tax for an economy car at Hotwire. Priceline won't take any of my submitted bids. Alamo is sold out. Just seeing if anyone has had success with this type of rental. I can extend from one day to two days if necessary. Dec 21-Dec 22.

Thanks,

Surfer

rated:
sunnyday60 said:   I've been checking to see if any better deals are to be found for my FLL rental beg. dec 27

My current rental car company (nat'l) is now showing SOLD OUT

Should I be worried or have a second rez as a backup?

Just wondering...
What did they say when you called them?

rated:
surfer247 said:   Any tips on a one day rentals in Las Vegas. So far the best I found was $32/day incl tax for an economy car at Hotwire. Priceline won't take any of my submitted bids. Alamo is sold out. Just seeing if anyone has had success with this type of rental. I can extend from one day to two days if necessary. Dec 21-Dec 22.

Thanks,

Surfer

It's only $32, it's a peak period, some rental agencies are sold out and you have a short window.

You can't figure out why Priceline won't take any of your submitted bids that are less than $32?????

After 4 years on FW, you should know enough to follow the procedures that require a detailed post of your results of a minimum of three codes from the matrix.

Once you post properly, you might get some help as soon as everybody stops laughing.

rated:
Hi,

You got excellent deal. Can you please tell me the coupon codes you used(Serious of steps) to get this deal. Also send me the exact link that you booked.
I want to rent a car in Orlando airport(MCO) from 21 december to 28 december.

Thanks for you help in advance

rated:
balakrish said:   Hi,

You got excellent deal. Can you please tell me the coupon codes you used(Serious of steps) to get this deal. Also send me the exact link that you booked.
I want to rent a car in Orlando airport(MCO) from 21 december to 28 december.

Thanks for you help in advance
How to ask for help.....

When posting a request, be sure to give all the pertinent info: type of car you would prefer (and what you might settle for); dates and p/u times (along with how flexible you may be on this, and remember there isn't much of a grace period nowadays and that extra hour may cost a LOT) and WHERE you will be picking up and dropping off.

Also, you MUST post a bare minimum of 3 codes and companies from the Matrix thread you have already tried (preferably something you can qualify for) and what the results were for each, including fees and taxes.

Glance at the first page of the thread and thoroughly review the most recent 5-6 pages to see what's working well lately and what topics are under discussion This way, we don't re-create your work; your post may help someone else; and perhaps you will have learned something valuable doing your homework. Remember that this is all volunteer and it's just as much work for the old-timers to plug in the numbers as it is for the newbies.

You must make an investment of time if you want to save money.-- pretty much like with everything else.

rated:
RiceFama said:   https://go.travelpn.com/checkout/CheckoutReview.do;jsessionid=51...Text
Review and Continue
Review your selections
Change Car Car: 8 Days
TotalPrice $ 219.62

Intermediate SUV
(Ford Escape or similar)
Unlimited miles
automatic with air conditioning
Hours of Operation:
Alamo
Pick-up Location:
Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Vehicles At Terminal.
View Address
For questions for this rental company, call:
407-825-1800
Fax: 407-825-2277
Pick up: Tue, Dec 28, 2010, 07:00am
Drop off: Wed, Jan 5, 2011, 05:00am
Total Rental Time: 8 Days
Review the price
(All prices are in US dollars.)
Weekly rate
1 week(s) @ $ 137.03 $ 137.03
1 extra day(s) @ $ 19.57 $ 19.57

Subtotal $ 156.60
Taxes and Fees $ 63.02

Total payment due: $ 219.62

How did you get this quote ? Which carrentalsavers.com webpage did you visit ? I am not able to get the same rate.

please help !

rated:
Sorry folks, I know I was not detailed enough in my request for a one day rental in Vegas. I know the rules. Anyway, Priceline finally accepted my bid as ridiculous as it might sound.

Full Size from Alamo for Dec 21, one day rental.
$15/day
$14 in tax and fees
Total $29..Not Bad at all!!!

It pays to be persistent, since they rejected my bid for the same price a day earlier and rejected my bid for a standard car for a buck cheaper. Weird. Anyone that needs assistance w/ Priceline, let me know.

Surfer

rated:
Found a site that has hundreds of car rental discount codes for Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. They list the association and the code to use for each company.

http://www.best-car-rental-tips.com/discount-codes.html

rated:
I'm new to this thread and I was reading some of the stuff and I thought I'd post a 40% off Hertz coupon that my AAA agent used today. It is PC#151200 it expires tomorrow (Dec 19th). It was on a Hertz flyer on her desk but she wouldn't let me take it with me. It only applied to certain car classes. I was able to reserve a full size car in the Las Vegas airport from Sun Dec 19th through Thurs Dec 23rd for $147.82 including tax. The price of the full size and the size below it (which I think was the standard car) were the same so I took the full size and the compact/midsize was only $10 cheaper for the 5 days like $137 and change. The cheapest I found for a full size on Hotwire was $198 and Priceline was $207. Maybe somebody could let me know if this is a good deal or not. If not, then maybe someone could help me find a good rate on a standard size or full size car in Las Vegas from Sun Dec 19th through Thur Dec 23rd. Thanks in advance.

rated:
SamNK said:   I'm new to this thread and I was reading some of the stuff and I thought I'd post a 40% off Hertz coupon that my AAA agent used today. It is PC#151200 it expires tomorrow (Dec 19th). It was on a Hertz flyer on her desk but she wouldn't let me take it with me. It only applied to certain car classes. I was able to reserve a full size car in the Las Vegas airport from Sun Dec 19th through Thurs Dec 23rd for $147.82 including tax. The price of the full size and the size below it (which I think was the standard car) were the same so I took the full size and the compact/midsize was only $10 cheaper for the 5 days like $137 and change. The cheapest I found for a full size on Hotwire was $198 and Priceline was $207. Maybe somebody could let me know if this is a good deal or not. If not, then maybe someone could help me find a good rate on a standard size or full size car in Las Vegas from Sun Dec 19th through Thur Dec 23rd. Thanks in advance.

Once again, I refer you to the FAQ's.
The only way to know if you have "good deal" is to see what others are charging for THE EXACT SAME RENTAL AT THE EXACT SAME TIME/PLACE.
By coming here and posting this without the required 3 quotes, you are asking us to do your homework and see what others are charging.
Having said all that, I would think that a full size rental at a high demand time without a Saturday night stay at your price is very reasonable. But you won't know if it's the BEST DEAL without trying some other (legit) codes.

rated:
riaesq said:   SamNK said:   I'm new to this thread and I was reading some of the stuff and I thought I'd post a 40% off Hertz coupon that my AAA agent used today. It is PC#151200 it expires tomorrow (Dec 19th). It was on a Hertz flyer on her desk but she wouldn't let me take it with me. It only applied to certain car classes. I was able to reserve a full size car in the Las Vegas airport from Sun Dec 19th through Thurs Dec 23rd for $147.82 including tax. The price of the full size and the size below it (which I think was the standard car) were the same so I took the full size and the compact/midsize was only $10 cheaper for the 5 days like $137 and change. The cheapest I found for a full size on Hotwire was $198 and Priceline was $207. Maybe somebody could let me know if this is a good deal or not. If not, then maybe someone could help me find a good rate on a standard size or full size car in Las Vegas from Sun Dec 19th through Thur Dec 23rd. Thanks in advance.

Once again, I refer you to the FAQ's.
The only way to know if you have "good deal" is to see what others are charging for THE EXACT SAME RENTAL AT THE EXACT SAME TIME/PLACE.
By coming here and posting this without the required 3 quotes, you are asking us to do your homework and see what others are charging.
Having said all that, I would think that a full size rental at a high demand time without a Saturday night stay at your price is very reasonable. But you won't know if it's the BEST DEAL without trying some other (legit) codes.

Sorry about not posting the 3 requested quotes. I had tried several codes on the home page but none of them were better than the rate that I got. Here's what I got for the Hertz codes for a full size car from Las Vegas airport from Sun, Dec 19th 10am to Thu, Dec 23rd 10pm.

1)Hertz codes 77694, 32796, 336436 - $164.08 weekly rate, $212.12 total with all fees
2)Hertz code 472871 - $193.00 weekly rate, $271.42 total with all fees
3)Hertz codes 1757580, 1853025 - $278.00 for 5 days, $337.42 total with all fees

That being said, I'm wondering if the $147.82 rate that my AAA agent got for me using the 40% code includes Airport concession fee recovery, Vehicle license fee recovery and Vehicle license fee recovery that are listed separately when I get a quote from Hertz's website. She only mentioned that taxes were included in the $147.82 rate.

rated:
This is my first time with codes, please help!
Dates: Dec 27 8am to Dec 31 7am

All prices are for Economy

Hotwire: 198.57
Priceline: 194

Alamo Economy
No Code 199.56
"7012032 (Mastercard)" 181.82
7013843(Visa) 181.82

Avis Sub Compact
"No Code (pay now)" 254.41
B900000(AAA) 281.67
"A108325 (Costco & Pay Now)" 246.85

Budget Economy
No Code 212.03
"No code with pay now" 181.39
"W852800 (Costco)" 194.39
"W810100 (Sams)" 200.29
"AAA (U072400)" 181.39

Hertz Economy
No Code (pay now) 244.07
1757580 243.54

National Economy
No Code 305
"5007160 (Continental)" 262

Thrifty
We are getting SUV without any code for $212.75. We wouldn't mind trying a SUV at this price. Thrifty Las Vegas has very bad reviews, so not sure if I should take from them.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1107 108 109110111156
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014