• filter:
  • 12 3 45154
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
dyn0 said: Hey guys,

need a car in norfolk, virginia (airport ORF) starting jan 17 (8pm) - Jan 20 (noon). Lowest I can get is $40 at budget + tax = $53. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!!

at national u can get a compact for $39.28 inc all tax and a midsize for $46.12 click on link = Receive 250 WorldPerks® bonus Miles Per Day and a Free Weekend Day

rated:
Enterprise:

from email. expires 2/13/08

ESJ8A2 for 15% Off at airports
ESJ8A3 for 25% Off in your neighborhood
ESJ8A4 for the 50% Off Weekend Special

rated:
TexDoc said: Enterprise:

Thanks!

rated:
iota said:
Underage fee confirmed:

Thrifty Corporate Discount Code: 1660228069

No ID requirement, No underage fee and no extra driver fee.

Can OP add this code into the first post under Thrifty car rental?

rated:
lazy1st said: dyn0 said: Hey guys,

need a car in norfolk, virginia (airport ORF) starting jan 17 (8pm) - Jan 20 (noon). Lowest I can get is $40 at budget + tax = $53. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!!

at national u can get a compact for $39.28 inc all tax and a midsize for $46.12 click on link = Receive 250 WorldPerks® bonus Miles Per Day and a Free Weekend Day

wow.. thanks! do they really make you present any coupon?

rated:
dyn0 said: lazy1st said: dyn0 said: Hey guys,

Thanks!!

wow.. thanks! do they really make you present any coupon?

i have used this b4 never was asked for a coupon this is a e coupon no actual coupon reqd

rated:
Can an auto rental expert help me?
Family member needs midsize with air in San Diego area for two months-Jam 9 to Mar. 11-none of the coupons seem to help much.
TIA.
so far best is enterprise/zip 92126/
1360 incl tax for midsize for period listed

rated:
TexDoc said: Enterprise:

Note - these are for daily rentals (up to 6 days).

Szymon

rated:
so what is your point?
6 days mean nothing
anyone with real info?

rated:
hey guys,

one more request for help!

I need a car pick up i Richmond, Virginia (airport RIC) on Jan 9-Jan 12. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

rated:
szymon said: TexDoc said: Enterprise:

Note - these are for daily rentals (up to 6 days).

Szymon

thanks for the info

rated:
used the free weekend day code and it's associated contract ID on national car for a rental in austin

coupon	contract
NF2077FJK	5008716		Free Weekend Day	3-Day Min	6/30/09

friday noon-monday noon

midsize car
$48.04
---
$32.03 for three days (+ $22 in taxes )

rated:
watchtower7 said: so what is your point?
6 days mean nothing
anyone with real info?

My point was for those who would try to use the Enterprise codes and get errors as their rentals were 7+ days. I was not addressing your post at all.

Szymon

rated:
watchtower7 said: Can an auto rental expert help me?
Family member needs midsize with air in San Diego area for two months-Jam 9 to Mar. 11-none of the coupons seem to help much.
TIA.
so far best is enterprise/zip 92126/
1360 incl tax for midsize for period listed

$1326.28 from Hertz if you split up the rental into 2 1-month rentals. Use AAA code, and the $50 off coupon from hertz.com for each rental.

Szymon

rated:
Hey guys,

I need a car Richmond, Virginia (RIC) from Jan 9-Jan 12. Best price I have gotten is from Enterprise for

3 Days @$ 27.24 USD = $ 81.72 USD + tax.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

rated:
dyn0 said: Hey guys,

I need a car Richmond, Virginia (RIC) from Jan 9-Jan 12. Best price I have gotten is from Enterprise for

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Dollar Rent A Car if u have American Express use promo code "ax10" compact car 24.71 x3 =74.13 + tax ttl 97.71

rated:
many thanks to this thread, save a lot!

I have just used the following National car coupon to reserve a 3 days rent from National@ Los Angelos airport.

NF2077FJK 5008716 Free Weekend Day 3-Day Min 6/30/09

It is total $60 for three days, what a deal. I remember I was charged more than $70 for a single day rent several times when I rented directly at site without reservation without coupon.

My concern is: Will they ask real coupon when I check out at site? If they void my reservation for coupon reason, I will be in the situation to pay $70+/per day again!

Anyone has experince? Many thanks!

rated:
lazy1st said: dyn0 said: Hey guys,

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Dollar Rent A Car if u have American Express use promo code "ax10" compact car 24.71 x3 =74.13 + tax ttl 97.71

just applied the 15% coupon code at enterprise and total came to: 91.93 USD. Anybody know of any cheaper? Thanks so much!!

rated:
dyn0 said: just applied the 15% coupon code at enterprise and total came to: 91.93 USD. Anybody know
of any cheaper? Thanks so much!!

If you use the $15 off coupon from bjsvacations.com at alamo, you can get a compact for $82.80 total.

Szymon

rated:
thanks

rated:
Need a car in Buffalo, NY on Jan 8 for a week. i will be at the airport. can you help me get the best rate. will prefer a full size or a SUV or a minivan.

rated:
szymon said: dyn0 said: just applied the 15% coupon code at enterprise and total came to: 91.93 USD. Anybody know
of any cheaper? Thanks so much!!

If you use the $15 off coupon from bjsvacations.com at alamo, you can get a compact for $82.80 total.

Szymon

wow.. you are awesome.. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

rated:
I am traveling to Las Vegas in the beginning of March and poked around to try and find the best deal. I need a full-size car or similar since I need the luggage capacity. Tried the coupons and such posted here and was getting a weekly rate (incl. taxes+fees) at around $260. On a whim I tried Priceline and "Avis" came up with a full-size for $223.39 (incl. taxes+fees). Hope this helps someone.

Oops, checked my confirmation email and that price was actually for a "Premium" car, not full-size.

rated:
fu4008 said: Need a car in Buffalo, NY on Jan 8 for a week. i will be at the airport. can you help me get the best rate. will prefer a full size or a SUV or a minivan.

That is wonderful that you list your preferences...BUT WHAT ACTUAL WORK HAVE YOU DONE TO FIND A RATE! This is not a travel agency. OP did an excellent job of showing rates/codes/etc. YOU need to use the info given and find your OWN rates. Come back and post what YOU found rates/taxes/coupons used and others will tell you if a better rate can be found. Don't come here and "REQUEST" that someone find you a good rate. Go find one using the info provided ... it is not our problem to solve. People here are great about helping but YOU have to make and EFFORT!!!

rated:
fu4008 said: Need a car in Buffalo, NY on Jan 8 for a week. i will be at the airport. can you help me get the best rate. will prefer a full size or a SUV or a minivan.No problem.

Would you like us to pick you up in the FW Limo?

Do some research, tell us what you found, and then we will see if we can help you do better.

Don't expect people to jump when you place orders here.

Nobody owes you anything.

BTW... Using "Please" wouldn't kill you either.

rated:
Help for a first time renter...please?

Seatle Airport March 13 at 7:30 pm-Seatle Airport March 20 at 11:00 pm. We are looking for a full size.

I have found the best deal at National using the $20 off a week from the entertainment book.

With taxes etc it would be $173.92.

I have signed up for the emerald club, but I am not sure if that gives us anything special.

One last ?...I was also looking at adding the GPS for 47.95/week. Is there a better way to do this?

I have also looked at Enterprise ($185.96) and Hertz (way more expensive)

Super thanks and I hope I have done some of my homework already!

rated:
knott02 said: Help for a first time renter...please?

Seatle Airport March 13 at 7:30 pm-Seatle Airport March 20 at 11:00 pm. We are looking for a full size.

I have found the best deal at National using the $20 off a week from the entertainment book.

I have signed up for the emerald club, but I am not sure if that gives us anything special.

One last ?...I was also looking at adding the GPS for 47.95/week. Is there a better way to do this?

I did a quick run of your dates and came up approximately the same ($3 less) using the Car and Driver ID and the Entertainment coupon.

What National codes did you try?

Depending on what you have already tried, it may be worth your while to run your dates with some additional codes.

As far as Emerald Club, you pay for a midsize but get to take any car on the aisle. This can include SUV's, full size, premium cars, etc. You also bypass the counter and present your documents as you drive out of the garage.

As far as a GPS, National sometimes runs coupons for a discount. The current rate is $49.75 per week.

Rather than pay $50 just to rent a GPS for a week, I would rather spend $150-$200 and buy one to keep. The prices on GPS units have really dropped in the past couple of weeks. Costco has a Garmin Nuvi 200w for $199.

rated:
Does anybody know what happens if I were to use a national coupon, for example one from the entertainment book, but use a different corp # then that specified on the coupon. Would the coupon still be valid or would they regect it when I go to pick the car up?

rated:
I have done the above with no problem. Always join the Aisle for the most painless exit.

rated:
In Las Vegas
With AMEX card DOLLAR and THRIFTY have low rates using AMEX card w/ code AX25 for Feb and March etc.The code gives you a FREE upgrade plus a $25.00 AMEX gift card which is as good as Cash Back.

Link: http://www.americanexpressofferzone.com/selects/SearchHandler.aspx?searchtype=category&ctgryid=219&countrycd=us®id=0

I booked a weekly rental for $161.72 intermediate w/coupon on AMEX site for free upgrade to full size or standard PLUS $25.00 Cash Back gift card ..net $136.72 for full or standard. Hope this helps as this site has helped me many, many times.

rated:
Someone asked if it was worth joining Emerald Club. YES YES YES- in addition to picking your own car off the Aisle and more often than not getting a free upgrade, you earn free days after 7 credits (note, longer rental periods=more credits, ie, 2 weeks = 3 credits).

I just picked up a car at BDL to drive back to a local dropoff in NJ and with my free day, I paid a grand total of 4.42 in taxes. So- saving that free day for a pricy (90$-ish) one way rental was the best use of that free day, and I am very happy not to have spent that.

rated:
riaesq said: Someone asked if it was worth joining Emerald Club. YES YES YES- in addition to picking your own car off the Aisle and more often than not getting a free upgrade, you earn free days after 7 credits (note, longer rental periods=more credits, ie, 2 weeks = 3 credits).

I just picked up a car at BDL to drive back to a local dropoff in NJ and with my free day, I paid a grand total of 4.42 in taxes. So- saving that free day for a pricy (90$-ish) one way rental was the best use of that free day, and I am very happy not to have spent that.

How much is Emerald Club?

rated:
Almost always a free offer- check the first page for links or google Free Emerald Club.

rated:
I'm trying to rent an SUV from Denver Airport from 1/23 to 1/28. The lowest I can get is $348.36 with alamo after the free day code from entertainment book. Can anyone help? Thanks.

rated:
What codes have you tried??

rated:
Venusian said: I'm trying to rent an SUV from Denver Airport from 1/23 to 1/28. The lowest I can get is $348.36 with alamo after the free day code from entertainment book. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Got AAA? $305.99 from Hertz using the AAA code and the $50 off "Sun & Ski" coupon from hertz.com

This would be for a standard SUV - midsize SUV is a few bucks cheaper.

Edit: Actually for some reason hertz.com is only showing the rate without taxes. I can update this after they fix their site.

Szymon

rated:
I don't have AAA but I'm sure someone in our group does. Thanks for the help!

rated:
knott02 said: Help for a first time renter...please?

http://www.nationalcar.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=ZL_30Off_weekly_coupon

National now has a coupon for $30 off of a weekly rental.

rated:
eilros said: knott02 said: Help for a first time renter...please?

http://www.nationalcar.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=ZL_30Off_weekly_coupon

National now has a coupon for $30 off of a weekly rental.

Use coupon code ND2119071Q - $35 off weekly for an even better rate. I believe it is good through 6/30/08. No copy required as discussed in previous posts.

rated:
Sorry posted my question in wrong area before and couldn't erase it but i will post it here.I've got a great deal on a minivan from dollar at orlando airport jan 12-26 $150.40 a week with the promo code TARR. It says this is a travel agent code do they ask for I.D. very often as i'm not in the travel industry or i would of got a cheaper flight LOL thx in advance. Again sorry for earlier post

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 12 3 45154
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014