• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Spend $20 and Get $100 off a Two-Night Stay

I was on Geico Privileges looking a different coupon and I came across this. You can sign up at Geico Priviliges without being a Geico customer unless you are from Ohio. Geico Privileges I use them for lots of different coupons.

How to Save
Purchase a coupon for only $20 and get $100 off a two-night stay at Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, or Renaissance Hotels & Resorts worldwide.

Terms & Conditions
Offer valid through 07/15/2008. $100 Bonus Bucks Coupon is good toward a consecutive two (2) night paid stay at Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, or Renaissance Hotels & Resorts worldwide. To receive credit, you must be a registered guest and the coupon must be presented to the Front Desk at check-in. Coupon cannot be accepted at gift shops or food and beverage outlets. See reverse side of coupon for reservation information and terms and conditions.

Marriott - $100 Bonus Bucks for $20

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yeah, I guess I'll have to make the long, arduous drive from Falls Church to Vienna for my third night. If anything, it'... (more)

Sychev22 (Feb. 15, 2008 @ 1:29p) |

Hi Sychev22,

I just sent you a PM.

madshana (Feb. 15, 2008 @ 11:51p) |

Just tried, the deal appears dead.

RedCelicaGT (Apr. 12, 2008 @ 1:50p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

cacic said: See reverse side of coupon for reservation information and terms and conditions.

Unless you can provide these T/Cs, I'm not biting.

1)Marriott never gives anything away;

2)I don't buy coupons.

Thanks for the posting OP.

I have had only limited luck with certificates like this, from Marriott.

In the past, they have not been valid at Residence Inn, Courtyard, or Springhill Suites and it appears that it is also true for this offer.

The bigger issue is that, in the past, the offer could not be used in conjunction with many of the discounted rates.

So, if you are using a Marriott discount, as most of us do, the certificate may be worthless.

I did a quick check for the t&c at the website and did not spot them.

Anybody else have better luck?

I have been successful nearly every time. I have used these and also Marriott Premium Pounds (a better value and available on eBay) - with whatever discount rate I can get + I then combine it with my 2nd night free on weekends (for being Marriott Gold status).

Just book as you usually would and present the Bonus Buck at check in. Get a receipt for it (a copy of the folio showing the credit) as proof. Once they've accepted it your safe. If you check in after 3:00 the front desk staff are less knowledgeable (less likelihood for problems). Also make a backup reservation in case you are denied. Marriott's cancellation policy is usually 6:00 p.m. day of arrival so you can walk if they won't accept it.

I spend at least 50 nights a year at Marriotts and have used these for the last 5 - 6 years so I have a good deal of experience.

The only limitation is that they are only good at full service Marriotts and Renaissance hotels. But at least on weekends thay are just as reasonable - and even cheaper than their other chains.

madshana said:

I spend at least 50 nights a year at Marriotts and have used these for the last 5 - 6 years so I have a good deal of experience.

Have you tried using BB with a 50% off rate? I have and they don't work in Waikiki.

The question on the terms & conditions of Marriott Bonus Bucks was posted at flyertalk.com. Here is the quote directly from Marriott.

"I found this interesting, but shared the same concerns as others as to what the terms and conditions are. Last thing I want is a discount from rack rate... or worse yet, to find that only a few select properties participate. So I called Marriott and was told that if this coupon is a "Bonus Buck", which is what it is called on the Geico order form, then the terms were as follows... (I asked her if she could email this information, and she did. So the following is a direct cut and paste from the email recieved moments ago. Hope this helps.)"

---------------------------
Reservations for Bonus Bucks redemption should be made in advance by calling 1-800-899-7235 or in the U.K. 0800 221222. Customers cannot use a Bonus Bucks coupon on a stay booked on Marriott.com or any other website including travel agent bookings. They must call Marriott directly.

Must be a registered guest and a two night paid stay is required. One Bonus Buck coupon is applicable per two night stay. (It is possible for a customer to use more than one Bonus Buck coupon per stay if their stay is 4 or more nights. For example, if a customer is staying 4 nights, they can use 2 Bonus Bucks, 6 nights 3 Bonus Bucks, etc. The customer may use a Bonus Bucks coupon for every two night element of a stay at a publicly booked room rate.)

Credit must be established at check in by presenting a valid form of payment as well as surrendering the Bonus Bucks coupon.

Surrender coupon at check-in. A credit in the amount of the Bonus Bucks coupon, per two night stay will be applied towards the guest bill at check out. The bill may consist of room and tax and any additional dining, spa services and/or gift shop purchases which are charged to the room bill.

Bonus Bucks coupons cannot be tendered at concessions such as the gift shop, restaurants, spa etc. within the hotel. Transactions at concession within the hotel not owned or operated by the Marriott hotels brands mentioned in item number one of the terms and conditions are not applicable.

The coupon is issued by and is the property of MI Fulfillment Services, LLC.

Bonus Bucks coupon may not be acceptable at concessions within the hotel not owned or operated by Marriott. Please confirm with the hotel prior to making the purchase.

Bonus Bucks coupons are not redeemable for cash or Marriott gift certificates. NO change or credit will be given on any unused portion of the Bonus Bucks coupon

Bonus Bucks are void and will not be honored if sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet.

Bonus Bucks coupons may be used for all publicly listed and available room rates & packages, excluding catering, group, & contract rates. Bonus Bucks coupons cannot be used in conjunction with any other Marriott certificate stays or reservations made using a travel agency.

Bonus Bucks are not replaceable if lost, stolen, destroyed or expired. Expiration dates cannot be modified or extended.

Bonus Bucks are transferable when gifted.

Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with receipt or use of the Bonus Bucks coupon is the recipient's responsibility.

Bonus Bucks coupons are valid through the expiration date printed on the front of the coupon.
Bonus Bucks are accepted at face value in U.S. dollars. Coupons will be converted into local currency value at the hotelís current exchange rate.

Participating properties are subject to change.

See the the little phrase "publicly available rate." That's their loophole.

Entertainment Book 50% off doesn't qualify.

No - I never have tried with the Entertainment rate and for good reason. The Entertainment rate has - at least for me - been higher than the rates I get for my weekend nights (Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun). I only stay those days because if I do - I get one night free (Marriott status).

Most of the time I stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with a Marriott Premium Pound (worth about $205 currently - but varies from one hotel to another - as each hotel decides the value). This either covers my entire cost (sometimes I need to add some food or internet -as they can't refund any left over balance) - or leaves a small balance due (which is good for certain Visa promotions). This has been fine with Marriott because I am paying for 2 nights.

Occasionally I stay 2 nights and pay with a BB (Bonus Buck - $100 value) and pay for 1 night (as 1 is free). If I were to have a problem I would simply cancel and go to my backup hotel. I have only encountered the issue of the qualifying rate a couple of times over the years. Senior rates qualify. Also NPR is a great code on occasion and worked O.K.. What works depends a good part upon the knowledge level of the staff and hence my 5 or 6 years of consistent luck.

This GEICO deal is a good deal but you can also get these anytime on eBay for $20 - $25 (plus shipping) as well. It seems the risk is small ($20) and the rewards are large enough to chance it. If you can't use it you can always get rid of it on eBay.

madshana said: NPR is a great code on occasion and worked O.K.. What works depends a good part upon the knowledge level of the staff and hence my 5 or 6 years of consistent luck.

Good for you...do you know what "NPR" stands for?

madshana said: It seems the risk is small ($20) and the rewards are large enough to chance it. If you can't use it you can always get rid of it on eBay.

Right...zero transaction costs.

National promotion rate - often the cheapest - but not always. It varies what it is for. When you click on rates to reserve it will tell you. LPR sometimes is good - local promotion rate. Also try the first 3 letters of the city for a promo code.

And as to the transaction cost: Do you mean eBay's (.20 insertion + .20 reserve fee = .40 cents)?

madshana said:

And as to the transaction cost: Do you mean eBay's (.20 insertion + .20 reserve fee = .40 cents)?

Paypal fees?= zero??

My Time Value ?= zero?

Thanks!! Staying at a Mariott in DR for 2 nights

DSJ said: madshana said:

Paypal fees?= zero??

My Time Value ?= zero?

I would not advise anyone to take any risk with which they are uncomfortable. But seeing that many thousands of these MBBs and MPPs (which are twice as good as MBBs) have been "gifted" on eBay over several years - one can come to a relatively safe conclusion that people are saving money - hence - not having to use these with discount rates. Everyone who I've personally advised and who followed my instructions has had success.

madshana said:
I would not advise anyone to take any risk with which they are uncomfortable.

Thanks for the permission.

BTW your logic is flawed.

Thanks OP! This is good information.

DSJ said: madshana said:
I would not advise anyone to take any risk with which they are uncomfortable.

Thanks for the permission.

BTW your logic is flawed.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. (Oh yeah - there I go giving you permission again. How droll.)

By the way, guys, this still works. My one question is, will this work together with the AAA discount code?

Sometimes - YMMV. Technically the answer is "no" - but they can agree to whatever they chose.

Your best bet is to check in after 3:00 (or 11:00 is even better) - as you get less knowledgeable staff. Also ask for a receipt after you hand the BB over. It will show as a $100 credit (as a cash payment) on your folio. Once you have that you're good to go.

madshana said: Sometimes - YMMV. Technically the answer is "no" - but they can agree to whatever they chose.

Your best bet is to check in after 3:00 (or 11:00 is even better) - as you get less knowledgeable staff. Also ask for a receipt after you hand the BB over. It will show as a $100 credit (as a cash payment) on your folio. Once you have that you're good to go.
Cool, thanks. Hm. I wonder if i go completely balls-out and try to get a free weekend night out of it, as well?

If you stay 3 nights it will usually pass - since you are still paying for 2 - thereby satisfying the 2 night minimum. It has worked most of the time for me.

madshana said: If you stay 3 nights it will usually pass - since you are still paying for 2 - thereby satisfying the 2 night minimum. It has worked most of the time for me.Yeah...now where do I get that free night? eBay only has them starting with March 7th...

Mine too. The other blackout periods this year are 6/9 - 6/26 and 10/6 - 10/31. There are also B1G1F companion coupons for dinner.

madshana said: Mine too. The other blackout periods this year are 6/9 - 6/26 and 10/6 - 10/31. There are also B1G1F companion coupons for dinner.Yeah, it became a non-issue when I found out that I can only stay two nights, the 1st and the 2nd of March. If I stay on the 3rd, the rate jumps from $79.99 to over $200. I guess weekdays are time for corporate travel which is when they jack it up. I'll Priceline somewhere else for that night. Thanks for the tips!

Booked. Funny enough, Priceline gave me Marriott Tyson's Corner (Vienna, VA, I assume) for $79 for the third night.

That is a good rate. It is the advance purchase rate - that Marriott has on their web site. I know because I was looking at booking for May. I love that hotel's location. Oh - and their guest laundry is free and they have a great breakfast buffet!

madshana said: That is a good rate. It is the advance purchase rate - that Marriott has on their web site. I know because I was looking at booking for May. I love that hotel's location. Oh - and their guest laundry is free and they have a great breakfast buffet!Yeah, I guess I'll have to make the long, arduous drive from Falls Church to Vienna for my third night. If anything, it'll be closer to Dulles, anyways. Do they have free wi-fi?

Hi Sychev22,

I just sent you a PM.

Just tried, the deal appears dead.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014