• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Can you please list the Airlines that do not come up when you are looking for deals in Search engine sites like Orbitz etc?

The ones I know are:

- Mid West Region
www.AllegiantAir.com
www.championair.com

www.spiritair.com

Added below based on response:

Southwest
usa3000
skybus
JetBlue
www.flyzoom.com

Between the U.S. and Europe:
Fly GlobeSpan

Within Europe:
Ryanair
Vueling (Spain)

Other recommended sites:
www.airfarewatchdog.com
www.itasoftware.com

Please list region and airlines.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
They pop up on Kayak searches, not sure about the lesser engines.

RockChickie (Jan. 18, 2008 @ 2:10p) |

Sunwing airlines - flysunwing.com

This is a Canadian airline that only flies out of a few major cities: Toronto, Calgary,... (more)

Jackboot (Jan. 20, 2008 @ 1:38p) |

Cool! I didn't know that.

nonlnear (Jan. 24, 2008 @ 12:12a) |

Southwest
usa3000
skybus

southwest

skybus

Any international ones? (ie: US -> Europe flights)

xcabezonx07 said: JetBlue????
Comes up for me, when I use the search engines.

Use Kayak instead of Orbitz!

Between the U.S. and Europe:
Fly GlobeSpan

Within Europe:
Ryanair
Vueling (Spain)

EasyJet does come up in Kayak.com searches.

These all come up at www.airfarewatchdog.com

I use the site all the time and highly recommend it as it taylors itself to your departure City

jaimelobo said: xcabezonx07 said: JetBlue????
Comes up for me, when I use the search engines.

Yeah, me too...

So does Spirit on Kayak. I got one just yesterday...

usa3000

Use sidestep.com,it list 85 to 95 percent of airlines on searches.

Use www.itasoftware.com best site I've found

makhichoose said: Can you please list the Airlines that do not come up when you are looking for deals in Search engine sites like Orbitz etc?

The ones I know are:

- Mid West Region
www.AllegiantAir.com
www.championair.com

www.spiritair.com

Please list region and airlines.

Zoom airline flyzooml
Flies from NY to London - the cheapest

On Topic Comment:
I go to the airport's website and look at what smaller airlines fly with them. It's faster than going to each discount airline server and checking if they service the airports I want.

I found Zoom through a google.com search of "Cheap Flights NY to London".

If you are a student, STA Travel (www.statravel.com) can help with booking Jetblue and a bunch of other travel-related bookings.

Off Topic comment:
Zoom is cheap in the exact meaning that the service inexpensive but with implied issues in quality. Check to see that Zoom has resolved their problems flying from New York to London (Gatwick). I used them in July 2007 (this was a new route for them at the time) and the plane was delayed over (if I remember correctly) ten hours because they didn't have their paperwork together. It wasn't just my flight. The attendants at the airport said that was a repeating occurance for Zoom flights from NY to London, where they had to reroute the flight causing delays. From what I've read paperwork issues seem to happen whenever Zoom opens up a new route. We complained to several people at Zoom's customer disservice but they've written it into their policy that they can delay you for whatever reason and not provide any sort of compensation.
Again, sorry that this last part is off-topic . . .

Westjet

They're a Canadian airline, but they have some flights into the US (between Canada and the US). They don't show up on third party bookings (AFAIK).

I am not a marketing expert but a choice for the airlines not to appear in the consolidated searches look stupid to me. Why don't they want to have more exposure? The booking fees are paid by the consumer anyway...

I also like farecompare.com. They show you the price breakout for the entire year month by month. They also let you set up searches that will email you when the prices for a desired route change. I laeve a couple trips active in the search and wait. If a good deal comes up I try and fit it in my schedule.

nonlnear said: Westjet

They're a Canadian airline, but they have some flights into the US (between Canada and the US). They don't show up on third party bookings (AFAIK).

Sunwing airlines - flysunwing.com

This is a Canadian airline that only flies out of a few major cities: Toronto, Calgary,

They mostly fly to holiday destinations. They definitely do not show up on any flight search engines.

I have found that their pricing is usually lower than the competition. For a trip I'm planning from Toronto to Cancun right now the lowest price on sidestep or itasoftware is $637. Sunwing comes in at $557 including taxes.

I've flown sunwing just once but would prefer them over any other airline I've flown: complementary blankets, pillows, headsets, FULL MEAL AND CHAMPAGNE!

RockChickie said: nonlnear said: Westjet

Cool! I didn't know that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014