Transportation from Newark to NY/Brooklyn to Newark

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
What's the most cost-effective (cheapest but safe) way to get form Newark Airport (EWR) to Manhattan, Manhattan to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and then the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal back to Newark (EWR)?

Any suggestions (limo service, shuttle, bus, cab, etc.)?

I know there are possible tolls involved.

Thanks!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

NJ Transit - PATH - MTA - PATH - NJ Transit

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/ewr_transportation.html#queens

gypsiesinthepalace said: NJ Transit - PATH - MTA - PATH - NJ Transit

True. I would add "EWR Airport Monorail" to the very beginning and end.

This is the cheapest, but this will take quite a while, depending on how you hit the train schedules. Depending on how many people, bags, etc you have (you didn't say) you may decide it's worth it to hire a car (or van).

Because of our luggage situation (as I may not want to be dragging it around the city), any suggestions on a limo or van service?

All the cheap ones are the same - not too bad, but far from great. Carmel 212-666-6666, Tel Aviv 212-777-7777 and there's also a 212-333-3333 (never used this one though.)
They would take you to manhattan for around $45 + tips and tolls. you can google a $6 off voucher. If you are doing all the stops in one trip I'm not sure how much it will be, maybe depending on time. Other than car service, the easiest way is not the train (hard to get to) but the bus. There is a bus service from EWR (I think all terminals, but C for sure) to mid town Manhattan. It's like $12 Per person one way.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014