Priceline trick

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, i read most of the main topics and went through many posts but i am still not able to find anything about the security code. The way i used to work with Priceline was that i would do the trick that was discussed in previous posts, the one with picking the zones that dont have that hotel star rating to get more chances at your price. But what if you want to know how low you can get it for with a price after your hotel was already accepted? So what i used to do was i would put a price in and when it asks me for my creditcard info i would put the correct number of the card but i would mix up the security code purposely. And when i get the message "your hotel bid was not accepted" i know i have to bid higher if i would get the message "please put in the correct creditcard info" i knew that my price was accepted, and that i can bid lower now. And i would just log out and log back in and pick an extra area that again does not have that star rating and i would get another chance at lowering my price. This worked great in Baltimore with a 4 star hotel because out of the 11 (around that much) areas they offer only one has a four star hotel so you get many chances to get the lowest possible price that they offer. It also worked great in Miami with the Resort rating. Please let me know if this has worked for anyone or if its been posted and spoken about already. Thanks and Good Luck to all

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I read this same thing over at SD and they said there could be a slight chance it goes through. Depends on the bank.

A safer way is:

Use MBNA/Bank of America Credit Card or CitiBank Online Safe Shop feature which will allow you to create your own virtual temporary credit card number which you can just assign $1.00 to and it will get decline since there will be insufficient funds.

Entering false billing information is against Priceline's Terms & ConditionsYou may only use this Site to make legitimate reservations, purchases or requests to purchase the products or services offered (each, a "Request") and shall not use this Site to make any speculative, false or fraudulent Requests or any Requests in anticipation of demand. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of your use of this Site. You agree to provide correct and true information in connection with your use of this Site and you agree to promptly update your membership information (if applicable) in order to keep it current, complete and accurate. It is a violation of law to place a Request in a false name or with an invalid method of payment. Please be aware that even if you do not give us your real name, your web browser transmits a unique Internet address to us that can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you. Fraudulent users will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I tried citibank card, even with wrong security code, it will go thought.

all168 said: I tried citibank card, even with wrong security code, it will go thought.Which is why you should use the "free re-bid" method as described on Betterbidding and Biddingfortravel.

Oh my. The Gendarmes will come knocking because I accidentally entered my credit card information with a digit misplaced.

I would do something similar with gift credit cards. If you have a card for $25 or something, you can bid like normal and if gets accepted, you will get the credit card error and you can either accept the bid by putting in a new card, or just decline. I probably wouldn't do it to redo a bid that was a few bucks lower, since most of the time I am getting the lowest bid already by having a good system, but it helps to establish a good start point and you can periodically check the hotel prices for an upcoming trip without committing to buying.

Honestly if you read up the Betterbidding.com and Biddingfortravel.com %90 of times you will have more than enough information, comwbined with extra zones, to make a very educated bid in most places.

I wouldn't risk bidding down with this method.

pulokk23 said: Oh my. The Gendarmes will come knocking because I accidentally entered my credit card information with a digit misplaced.

No one will knock on your door but PL could blacklist you though.

Thanks OP!

Tried your trick with a low limit credit card. I kept lowering the bid until it asks me to input the correct cc info. Needless to say, saved lots of money for booking a bunch of rooms at a 4 star hotel in SF for a wedding.

I also tried the betterbidding strategy in the past but this is much quicker and easier. At least for me. Thanks again.

I used an incorrect security code but Priceline still processed my order. Oh well

I wouldn't recommend putting wrong credit card information also.

However, think about it. If the law officials and Priceline come after you..couldn't you have truly goofed up in entering the information?? I dont think they can do anything about it..or prove it was intentional

ttt

Cool, never knew about this. This will make use of some gift card CCS I got...

bradpitt11 said: I wouldn't recommend putting wrong credit card information also.

However, think about it. If the law officials and Priceline come after you..couldn't you have truly goofed up in entering the information?? I dont think they can do anything about it..or prove it was intentional

That also depends on how often you try the trick. If they see you enter the credit card information wrong multiple times in a row, and for multiple trips, it looks more suspicious.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014