• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Since the original hotel deals FAQ has disappeared, here’s one I put together for FW to use before posting any requests in Travel Deals.

This is to supplement the FatWallet Travel Deals FAQs. Please also refer to the FAQs/Guidelines.

Before posting a new topic requesting help on the board, please make sure that you conduct a SEARCH to make sure that it has not been covered previously.

If you are seeking assistance in planning a trip, please include ALL of the following information:
a. Make sure you begin your Title with “REQUEST - …” For example, “REQUEST – Need cheap air/hotel package to Vegas from LAX in Oct”
b. Dates of travel
c. Departure city (and airports)/destination
d. # of people (adults/children) (if children, you may wish to include ages)
e. # of nights
f. Approximate budget for your trip
g. Activities that interest you
h. WHAT YOU HAVE FOUND SO FAR IN YOUR RESEARCH. Please include complete prices (incl all taxes and fees) and where you have located the deal.

Please DO NOT post a new topic until you have done the items listed above. Finally, once you have posted your information, and received feedback from the community for your trip, please try to post a message indicating the details of what you finally ended up purchasing so that others may benefit.

FW Info Threads

Best Hotel Rate Guarantees

Las Vegas Promos List

Las Vegas Front Desk Tipping

Travel Guides to Popular Destinations

Hotel Search Tools

Kayak.com

Orbitz
Expedia
Travelocity

HRS (good for European hotels)

Hotel Deals & Other Search Tools

Travelzoo.com (lists hotel specials and packages & offers a weekly travel deals email)

Lastminute.com (offers last second deals on hotel + airfare and hotel + car packages)

hotelpricebot.com (hotel price comparison website)

hotelscomparison.com (hotel price comparison website)

Gtahotels.com

Octopustravel.com

Quikbook.com

Skoosh.com

BookIt

SkyAuction.com (offers hotel and vacation package auctions – be sure to factor in the taxes and service charges!)

Venere.com

Vrbo.com Vacation Rentals By Owner

Travelworm.com (Las Vegas deals)

Vegas.com (Las Vegas deals)

Opaque Booking Websites

Betterbidding.com (PL & HW assistance)
Biddingfortravel.com (PL only)

When using Priceline’s name your own price for a hotel, research on betterbidding or biddingfortravel BEFORE bidding on Priceline!

Priceline’s name your own price and Hotwire’s limited rate are non-refundable reservations. Priceline might grant you a one-time exception should you make an error. If they do, they will charge a $25 penalty and will require you to ‘correct’ your error by bidding again.

Priceline guarantees bedding for 2 people, not the type of bedding (king/two queens).
Note that some hotels may only fit 2 people in a room according to fire code regulations.

Hotwire allows you to select more than 2 people when making a reservation.

Also note that Priceline & Hotwire’s total price does NOT include any “resort fees” which must be paid directly to the hotel.

Hotel Reviews & Travel Information

Tripadvisor.com (hotel reviews & traveler photos)

Tripkick.com (online database of hotel rooms)

Smartertravel.com

Budgettravel.com

0rbitz Blog

Hotelchatter.com

Hotel Rewards Program Info

pointmaven.com (lists hotel point promotions)

Ads by Google
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
If you want to get the latest promo codes and deals directly from the hotels, try http://lasvegas.im/tweets-hotel. These... (more)

LasVegasIM (Feb. 26, 2011 @ 4:49p) |

Compare Hotel Rates

This site will compare prices of what sites like booking.com, ebookers.com, otel.com etc are charging... (more)

Laila71 (Jul. 17, 2011 @ 3:08a) |

I use only 2 sites to find hotel deals and flights.

1. BestTravelCoupon.com - Largest inventory of hotel deals of any sit... (more)

LArugby (Jan. 02, 2013 @ 11:53a) |

HotelsCombined.com - Among all the hotel comparison sites, this is the best one so far. They search for multiple different hotel sites for you to compare prices.

HotelClub.com - Join their membership and receive member dollars for every hotel booking you make. You can use the member dollars for your next hotel booking.

CheapRoomDeals.com - Always search this site before you book with HotelClub. If you prefer to have the hotel discounted instead of joining membership with HotelClub for member dollars, then this site would be the choice. Powered by HotelClub but with cheaper rates with most hotels.

Wotif.com - Last minute booking hotels with up to 3 months of deals now! They offer 'mystery deals' which the name of the hotel is hidden until you make a booking. Very mystery but sometime you can get some real great offers.

Asiarooms.com - Need to book a hotel in Asia? then make sure you always check this site first. I always found cheaper deals with them than most other sites for Asia countries.

rated:
please make this excellent post a sticky

rated:
I posted this in the prior thread: Google Maps Coupons

http://maps.google.com/coupons

Enter the location and "hotels" in the business box and see if any matches come up for coupons to use. I booked a $180/night hotel for $130 with one of these coupons.

rated:
Thanks for the post, I got a great discount at Porta di Roma

rated:
you should search online for best hotel deals or you can try the posted hotels.thankyou.

rated:
Thanks for this very useful post!

rated:
Have I been drinking again or has the hotel code thread disappeared? Looking for the Hilton codes.

rated:
Here is another good source that was very helpful for me...

Smartervegas.com

rated:
Anyone have any experience with easyclicktravel.com? When I do hotel searches on Kayak, easyclicktravel seems to pop up as the lowest. I was mostly searching california.

rated:
I use Hotwire a lot - definitely some of the best deals in major cities (though not as much in suburbs/rural areas I've found).

And if you stay in Marriotts a lot, their rewards member forum is one of the best since they announce new deals/promo codes early from time to time: www.MarriottRewardsInsiders.com

rated:
If anyone is traveling to Northern California, LocalGetaways.com is a good resource for hotel deals and free activities.

rated:
how is Priceline’s name your own price work? thx u

rated:
Go to Betterbidding.com -- an excellent resource that will answer all your questions and give you great advice and help.

rated:
There's also DealBase.com - it analyzes hotel deals and packages to show if you're really getting a deal or not. (Sometimes it's cheaper to put a bunch of things together yourself, other times, no...)

They have custom e-mail alerts so you can pick which city's deals you want to be informed about.

rated:
Thanks a lot OP. Got a room at Millenium (buffallo) for $85 on 9/5 and 9/6 through Priceline (bidding). All other sites had a minimum $125 per night.

rated:
How can u select a few days(5) hotel stay when you are selecting a return vacation pacakage ( for 7 days) on Orbitz.
The reason i m asking is that there is a 150$ off code for 5 days of hotel stay and our plan is for 7 days out of which we are staying a few days at freinds..

TIA

rated:
Priceline

I stayed right across the street from the Alamo in San Antonio. The rate for this 4 str hotel was going for 159 a night. I got through Priceline for 71.00 a night with 45 in fees so three nights for 258.00.

I have used Priceline about 8-9 times (hotels) and have never had a bad experience. Just don't bid too high : P

rated:
Thanks for sharing.

rated:
Nice thread

rated:
Also, check out i4vegas.com for great vegas deals!

rated:
I've been using a new booking site called getaroom.com. The deals are good and they offer a $25 rebate offer on bookings of two nights or more.

rated:
REQUEST:

I would like to get a good rate at the
Shorebreak Hotel
500 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA

Should I use Priceline? how much should I bid? or is there a better route?

Thank you in advance.

rated:
PhilMcCoy said: REQUEST:

I would like to get a good rate at the
Shorebreak Hotel
500 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA

Should I use Priceline? how much should I bid? or is there a better route?

Thank you in advance.

betterbidding.com

rated:
Here is best information you will get about the hotels and accommodation for travelers .Great Thread keep it up.

rated:
REQUEST:

Need 3.5+ star hotel in downtown Nashville on 4/1-4/2 for a family of 5. The best price I have seen so far was on Priceline for $119/night (3.5 star), but would like to do much better (<$75/night). Looked at 'name your own price' on Priceline, but they cannot guarantee a room that sleeps 5 that way. We have some activities planned (all kid oriented so far), but would also take suggestions for resturaunts, must-dos, etc.

Thanks

rated:
traveling to NY on 9/26. 1st time in city. Like to be close to main attractions. Anyone can reccomend unexpensive hotel there??

rated:
The quality of this thread has gone completely down the tubes and IMO has become totally worthless.

rated:
Handful of information for the needy.

rated:
I am vising NY. Looking for Hotel in Secaucus, NJ area 11/25-11/27/10. I appreciate it. Thanks.

rated:
sardarji said: I am vising NY. Looking for Hotel in Secaucus, NJ area 11/25-11/27/10. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Thanks for letting us know...please let us know what your travel agent finds for you or what you find in your search!

Seriously...we are not paid travel agents. There is good info in this thread that you obviously didn't take the time to read. Do you really think without a bit of effort by you (since you didn't post any search results saying I found this hotel for this rate) that someone is going to search for a hotel for you.

Best option www.kayak.com under hotels see what has lowest rate. I found in searching for my parents this week that sometimes the best available rate is cheaper than the senior citizens rate. It takes time and effort that you are going to have to give some of or take the best rate you find on the hotel website.

Call hotel directly too...might get better rate...remember that is Thanksgiving time....

rated:
sardarji said: I am vising NY. Looking for Hotel in Secaucus, NJ area 11/25-11/27/10. I appreciate it. Thanks.I said it before, and I'll say it again....

The quality of this thread has gone completely down the tubes and IMO has become totally worthless.

rated:
Ok guys never been to Vegas but potentially it could be something I do often. Heading down for a wedding late May of 2011 and have seen some promo's around but most expire end of march 2011 at the lastest. My questions is should I wait and see what promos will come out closer to or in the new year or should I book something now?

thanks

rated:
Thanks for sharing your views..These are some more tips:

To find a deal on a hotel room, be thorough, be flexible, and know where to look and what to ask. The steepest price a hotel charges for a room is the rack rate (the hotel's standard price for a room sans discounts), and your goal is to get well below that inflated figure with package deals, off-season rates and savvy bargaining.

Instructions

1.Plan your vacation well in advance and during the off-season, or midweek when hotel rates are far cheaper--up to 50 percent-- due to less demand. Call the hotel and ask for the exact day its off-season rates start. Timing is everything.

2.Call the hotel and ask about package deals, promotions and special discounts for seniors, military, students, corporations or American Automobile Association (aaa.com) members. When you're quoted a rate, ask if less expensive rooms are available.

3.Book your room via the Web: Many hotels offer discounts for commission-free online transactions.

4.Ask if kids stay free if you're traveling with your family. Find out if the rooms have kitchens or kitchenettes--you'll save a bundle by preparing your own meals.

Warnings:

If you're staying at a hotel longer than seven days, haggle for one free night per week or ask about weekly rates.

Beware of hidden costs. Taxes, surcharges, resort fees and "incidental" fees tacked on to your bill are common and rarely mentioned until you check out, so be sure to ask if there are any extras charges on the agreed room rate. If they are tacked on without your prior approval, refuse to pay them.

rated:
As a former Hotel GM I can honestly say that many Hotels are up to negotiations on an individual basis. If the Hotel is less than 1/2 full and there is not a chance for a sell-out, many desk clerks are instructed and encouraged to sell rooms at a large discount in order to get "Heads in Beds". Why not discount $50 but still get $109 for a room that without giving a discount, you lose the patron to the hotel next door to you.
Your best chance for a discount is to know what the Hotels around you are charging, then you can use this as leverage.

rated:
Going to NY next week. Planned to stay with friends, but it seems that they may be backing out last minute. Great hotel search websites available. Thank you.

Why isn't Hotels.com listed? Are they not so good to work with or are the other sites listed better?

rated:
What is the best hotel search website based on miles use for purchase? Thinking of using my AA miles balance.

rated:
There are actually a lot of good hotels in certain places. You can actually ask people who have been to such places and asked them about the hotel they've stayed. Ask about the pay, how the hotel was, how were they treated, was it clean, and all other things. A great forum like this could really help you pick one. If you are really in a hurry, you can search for a hotel through Plaza Travel. Good Luck!

rated:
If you want to get the latest promo codes and deals directly from the hotels, try http://lasvegas.im/tweets-hotel. These promo codes are updated constantly by the hotels.

rated:
Compare Hotel Rates

This site will compare prices of what sites like booking.com, ebookers.com, otel.com etc are charging so you can pick the least expensive.

Skipping 1 Messages...
rated:
I use only 2 sites to find hotel deals and flights.

1. BestTravelCoupon.com - Largest inventory of hotel deals of any site.
2. Kayak.com - Tends to rely heavily on listings from Expedia but an excellent travel site to double check rates.

Also...both of these sites use different flight search tools. Kayak uses "ITA Software" from Google. BestTravelCoupon has a unique flight search tool that pulls up different flights and options. Between the 2 sites you have everything covered.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014