• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I won a cruise leaving from Ft. Lauder Dale on the 27th of April. It includes air fare to and from San Francisco. For $35 we can extend our flight, so we would like to see Miami and arrive on Saturday the 25th. We will need a rental car to and from the Ft. LD airport(hertz free weekend day expires 3/31). I can do research on the rental car unless someone knows something off the top of their head. Our main goal is to have a great deal on a hotel close to the beach (if not on it). I frequent the hot deals forums, but can't afford (time or money) to travel much, so this is my first venture into your neck of the woods. Thanks in advance. =:-'>

b. April 26th & 27th
c. Arrive Ft Lauder Dale / Destination Miami
d. 2 Adults
e. 2 Nights
f. under $500 including rental car
g. Beach & Nightlife

h.1.
From Orbitz:
Crest Hotel Suites
Lowest price:
was $213.33 $106.66

3 star rating
1670 James Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139

Area: South Beach

* Customer Rating
* 3.8 out of 5

$213.32 Subtotal
$32.54 Taxes and fees
$245.86 Total charges

h.2.
from Travelocity
Richmond Hotel

1757 COLLINS AVENUE Miami Beach, FL 33139

Miami: South Beach Miami

3-5 rating of 65 Reviews

Review your total price and continue
Save 15%
Traditional Standard Guestroom - One Queen Bed (2 Adults), 2 Nights $253.30
Taxes & Fees $45.45 $38.62
Total: $291.92

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This link has $10/day car rental rates: link

For hotel rooms, check out Expedia. They're offering a handful of 3-stars in the Miami area during their current 24-hour sale. You can save an additional $10/night with code 10MAR (Minimum cost per night must be $75)

First off,Nice Post,Thank You.
Try Shelborne Beach Resort South,it is a very nice property.Link

Such a lovely, refreshing post
Congratulations on your win!
I have found amazing deals on Travelzoo. They had the newly refurbed Eden Roc for 199 recently; and some nice-looking hotels for 89/99 for your travel period--- http://hotels.travelzoo.com/florida-hotels/

Last year (thru them) I got a great discount during Spring Break in Key West when there really weren't many deals to be had-even the desk clerk remarked on it.

You might also want to peek in at BiddingforTravel and see what hotels have been going for on Priceline. Do not bid without reading this valuable tool.

As for the car- since it's a weekend and spring break will be just about wound down, you should be able to get a nice deal. There are free weekend day coupons usually available at National's homepage; EWEB rate code often gives excellent weekend rates with them; and there is likely to be a last-minute special closer to your date- but don't wait to book, just in case. You are always better off booking and canceling as better deals come along.

guess I might have to change my avatar back

Miami hotels are ridiculously expensive. And most of the hotel staff is rude.
So it is smart that you want to be on a budget, because it is not worth staying in a 5 star in Miami.
I have found that Hotels.com usually gives the lowest price!

Check the Clay Hotel, standard room should be $98 at that time.

I don't know your age or what you are looking for, but the Clay is combo Hostel/Hotel, so it has a very funky international vibe. The standard rooms are clean, but fairly simple with private bath, they also have nicer rooms for a little more money. Location is great, few blocks to the beach or Lincoln Road and very near some of the bigger clubs.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014