• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello Friends:

We will be going to Disney World for the first time. I already have flight reserved (Delta), and renting a house that is all set. I am looking for a car rental now. We are a family of three, and will be reaching Orlando around 10:30 PM (April 20) and will return the car around 10:00 AM on April 27. I have searched couple of places and the rates that I am getting are:

Using Costco's travel service (applicable discounts have been applied):

1. National: Mid-size upgrade to full size. Base rate 218.49 + Tax 69.16..Total 287.65.
2. Budget: Intermediate: 204.74 + 71.85 --> 276.59
3. Alamo: Intermediate upgrade to mid size: 173.91 + 61.60 --> 235.51
4. Enterprise: Economy: 252.90 + 73.18 --> 326.08
5. Avis: Intermediate: 220.49 + 74.52 --> 295.01

Hotwire rate: Mid-size car: 153.65 + 62.50 --> 216.15

Alamo: Contract ID: 7014292, Mid-size car: 202.89 + 66.51 --> 269.40

Avis: Coupon #: MUWA033, Intermediate: 220.49 + 74.52 --> 295.01
(Note says that: Coupon discounts are NOT included in the estimated total, but will be calculated and applied at the time of rental).

I am a member of AAA, Costco (and my friend has Sams club membership) if that can help me save money.

Please advise/guide on how to get a better rate, if possible.

Thanks.

I dont know why all the "i" were changed to "u". Sorry for the trouble.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Check the rental thread here for codes.

check Dollar Rent A Car, sometimes they have nice deals in orlando

Checked the rental code thread before positing the thread.

Dollar is coming up as 275.

Once again, I dont know why the spellings of my thread are being changed automatically..it looks weird to me too while reading.

Mods can you please tell me how to correct this? When I see the spellings on my screen, they seem perfect.

NICE POST!!! GREEN for you and if I could give you more I would.
and that's the way to do it here on FW, my friends We just loooove people who take the time to follow the easy request and SHOW that they have made some effort for themselves- not so much for the lazy posters who can't be bothered.

You did great, might want to just pay a visit to the Car Rental Matrix Thread and read a few of the first and last pages whenever you have a few minutes to get a great education in the rental game.

Now for your rental
National Midsize 230.58 midsize right off the bat with $35 coupon that's on their homepage. That's with either Costco or Emerald Club 5007125; you might even save another coupla bucks with Continental 5007160 (219.83- don't know if you'd have to present One Pass membership card or not but that's free too)
Join the Emerald Club with the free link thru Mousesavers (a good site for you to visit anyway since you are visitin WDW). You then can pick your own car from the Emerald Aisle, possibly getting a convertible, full-size or better for midsize price, and earn some great rewards very quickly- sign up for their other promotion going on right now for a free weekend after 3 rentals too. Then check next Tuesday for a Last Minute Special and see if you can get the car for even less.

ALSO you should pay a visit to Disboards, especially as a first-timer. Check out the transportation forum to see what deals specific to the area are the hot ones; this is an enormous board with 1000's of folks with the same itinerary and is a great source of any kind of WDW info and minutiae you could imagine.

Good luck---Keep us posted!

Are my posts legible at all?

OP, yours look fine to me. Very strange.

riaesq said: Are my posts legible at all?

OP, yours look fine to me. Very strange.
April Fools joke apparently

I get $218.42 for a midsize from Budget booking via Delta.com. Avis is slightly higher, but it might be easier to find a coupon for Avis (since you have a Sat. night keep).

Thanks for the Delta idea. Yes, I also got the same rates from Delta as isles1 mentioned, but there is no place to input the coupon code.

I will definitely check disboards.

Everyone's posts except mine are legible on my computer, my posts are all messed up..I have no idea why, though.

ludhianvi said: Thanks for the Delta idea. Yes, I also got the same rates from Delta as isles1 mentioned, but there is no place to input the coupon code.
After reserving via Delta, you can modify your reservation on the Avis website or over the phone using the Car Confirmation Number.

If you need an additional driver, you are better off with National-free add'l driver PLUS pick your own car PLUS possible free upgrade- all for a buck more- plus skip the desk when you join the EC. I believe Budget will give you a free add'l driver too. I think Avis will if you are an AAA member.

Anyone else having this weird legibility thing besides OP and me?

This is what I got for similar dates through Priceline. I was looking for convertible only through Priceline. Got it for $29/day.

Pick-Up Date: April 16, 2009 - 8:00 PM
Drop-Off Date: April 22, 2009 - 6:00 AM
Your Offer Price: $29.00 (per day)
Total Rental Days: 6 days(5 days and 10 hours)
Subtotal: $174.00
Taxes and Fees: $78.69
Total Charges: $252.69

Not sure whats wrong with my previous post.. all "o" are displayed as "i".

atra-did you check bft to see if you could have gotten your convertible for less?
OP has an excellent deal (if he goes for it) including add'l driver and a decent possibility of finding a convertible on the Aisle. Plus he is not yet locked into anything,so he's in a better position.
but at least the silly legibility virus joke is over..

First of all, that legibility thing was not a joke. I was dead serious, but somehow this morning, everything is fine. Looks like FW mods were having fun at my expense...

I am getting 260.17 from National with 35 off coupon.

I don't see the Emerald Club link thru Mousesavers, can you please tell me where is it on mousesavers?

Thanks for disboards..I will definitely check it out in detail.

I was reading on disboards..someone reserved their car thru Delta and then called to apply the coupon..they didn't accept the coupon saying that the price was already the lowest they will accept..has someone had success in applying the coupon over phone after reserving thru Delta?

One another question about disney world tickets, I see on Craigslist that some people are selling their unexpired tickets, some have used them for couple of days and are willing to meet outside DSW to make sure everything works..are the tickets genuine? I mean is it safe to buy tickets from them? As a FWer, I will like to save money whereever I can, but dont want to be taken for a ride.

Went to www.carrentals.com and found a standard Sebring coupe or similar for $202.90 per week. with taxes $267.09 through Payless Car Rental.
Here's the link: today's rates

You could possibly try and use a coupon in person.

No credit cards are required to make the RESERVATION but, when renting they will require a copy of your plane ticket confirmation or actual plane ticket. No exceptions.

Also keep checking the site sometimes I've found car rentals for as low as $11.00 per day.

ludhianvi said: First of all, that legibility thing was not a joke. I was dead serious, but somehow this morning, everything is fine. Looks like FW mods were having fun at my expense...It wasn't just you, as I pointed that out yesterday, it was an April Fool's Joke.

ludhianvi said: One another question about disney world tickets, I see on Craigslist that some people are selling their unexpired tickets, some have used them for couple of days and are willing to meet outside DSW to make sure everything works..are the tickets genuine? I mean is it safe to buy tickets from them? As a FWer, I will like to save money whereever I can, but dont want to be taken for a ride.This topic has been covered here and elsewhere, search the archives. The bottom line is, some people think it's a great way to save money and are willing to take the chance and other don't want the risk of ruining their vacation.

i am finding the Delta.com Avis discounts are almost half off the Avis best price...
which is fine, but i am trying to return to a different location (which i cannot do from deltas site)

any suggestions how to do so without extra cost?

ludhianvi said: First of all, that legibility thing was not a joke. I was dead serious, but somehow this morning, everything is fine. Looks like FW mods were having fun at my expense...

I am getting 260.17 from National with 35 off coupon.

I don't see the Emerald Club link thru Mousesavers, can you please tell me where is it on mousesavers?

Thanks for disboards..I will definitely check it out in detail.

I was reading on disboards..someone reserved their car thru Delta and then called to apply the coupon..they didn't accept the coupon saying that the price was already the lowest they will accept..has someone had success in applying the coupon over phone after reserving thru Delta?

One another question about disney world tickets, I see on Craigslist that some people are selling their unexpired tickets, some have used them for couple of days and are willing to meet outside DSW to make sure everything works..are the tickets genuine? I mean is it safe to buy tickets from them? As a FWer, I will like to save money whereever I can, but dont want to be taken for a ride.

1)You can never go wrong by doing a Google search Mousesaver's link:http://www.nationalcar.com/index.do?action=corpEnroll.do&contrac...

sorry, still don't know how to link- one day I will learn

2) I know the damn thing wasn't a joke, I had it too- did everyone? do we know exactly what that was about?

3) used WDW tix have been discussed at length. one-days are usually not a prob as they were probably bought as part of a package- but if you want to upgrade to a longer ticket or a hopper, make sure they don't have a name on them already. tix are tied to the original user by a finger scan IF THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN USED. so expect to be asked for ID each and every time you use it- even someone meeting you there won't prevent this. they may let you thru once but possibly not the next time. JUST NOT WORTH IT.

4) you did see the 219.xx$ quote I posted from National? with 5007160 code?

5) the Delta quote thing is on these boards as well- I think it's on the car rental matrix most recent pages.

discover card is running a promo, 25% off at budget if you use your discover card...i don't have the code but i'm sure you can find it on this or another site

Try Dollar Rental Car, Promo Code OOAG. 1 week economy is $191.51 and slightly higher for larger cars for the week of 4/20-4/27. That is $133 per week with $58.51 tax and fees.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014