• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Travelocity.com is running a special: "Purchase a Three, Four or Five Day Magic Your Way Ticket + Park Hopper® and get two days free!" We're going to Disneyworld in November, and not having been there before, I'd like to hear if people think this is a good deal or not. Here's a link: http://activities.travelocity.com/nexres/activities/detail.cgi?s...

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

If you plan of going back in the future, then definitely worth the investment to get these with a No Expiration (costs extra), since the ticket prices go up every year. I bought 10-day passes a couple years ago and they have saved me a bunch, and I still have passes left on them.

UPDATE: It looks like you don't get the No Expiration option so it's probably better to just buy discounted single tickets, unless you plan of going to Disney Parks for 5 or more days within 2 weeks, then get these. Wow, I guess I really saved a lot when I bought 2 adult and 1 child 10-day passes with Park Hopper and Waterparks and No Expiration for around $700.

I think it's probably not as good of a deal as it sounds. It looks like it's only good for the expiring tickets. The incremental cost for another day is only like $4 on those.

the park hopper is an extra $200. Depending on how old your kids are, this may not be a good idea. If they're 6 or under, I recommend going to the park for a few hours, going back to the hotel to rest/swim and then returning to the same park. No need to go from one park to another in the same day really..

On this page http://leisure.Travelocity.com/Promotions/0,,Travelocity|2733|hot_main|,00.html it says,
"No Expiration Option
Want to hold onto the unused portion of your ticket for your next visit? Add this to any multiple day Magic Your Way Ticket and the unused days never expire.

Theme park admission and options must be used within 14 days of first use unless the No Expiration Option is purchased. All tickets and options are nontransferable."

But it doesn't show how you can purchase the no expiration option, unless I just missed it somewhere...

Thank you! I'm literally going next week and was buying tix tonight - so worried about the hotel, flights, car that I hadn't bought park tix yet!

its hard to pass up the 'buy 4 get 3 free' deal they have right now. you stay on property and it includes tix for each day.

www.mousesavers.com is a must while planning a Disney trip

The 4+2 hopper tickets are more expensive than buying a 6 day hopper directly from disneyworld.com
Unfortunately, no free lunch when it comes to Disney (unless you get free dining ha ha).

Rams13 said: its hard to pass up the 'buy 4 get 3 free' deal they have right now. you stay on property and it includes tix for each day.

I think that is expired. Can't find it on Mousesavers?

cmcdan1524 said: Rams13 said: its hard to pass up the 'buy 4 get 3 free' deal they have right now. you stay on property and it includes tix for each day.

I think that is expired. Can't find it on Mousesavers?
Just called for my reservation in December- no such promotion is active. They are always very kind on the phone, and they're willing to change your reservation if a new promotion comes out.

I heavily researched ticket prices before going to WDW last month and even with Mousesavers discount and other discounts I found on various sites, KGStickets came out the cheapest. I paid $1011 after taxes and shipping for 2x 10 day park hopper, no expiration + water park adult tickets. This was the absolute lowest prices I could find anywhere. Their office is right off 192 so you can pick it up if you arrive early. Feel free to give them a call to see how their prices stack up but I guarantee you won't find any REAL Disney issued tickets for less than $505 each that has the works.

Please don't discuss craigslist tickets as you always take a risk with those.

Unless of course your a Florida resident

I think this is a good deal but seems to end the beginning of October. It is through AAA.

When you purchase this 5-night, 6-day
AAA Vacations® package, with accommodations for five nights at a select Disney Value Resort and a 6-day Magic Your Way Base Ticket, you’ll get the Disney Dining Plan FREE!

Prices start at $1,390* for a family of four, staying in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. That’s like paying $58 per person, per day!

Maybe you can get cheaper Disney tickets elsewhere.

HTH...weescot

weescot said: I think this is a good deal but seems to end the beginning of October. It is through AAA.

When you purchase this 5-night, 6-day
AAA Vacations® package, with accommodations for five nights at a select Disney Value Resort and a 6-day Magic Your Way Base Ticket, you’ll get the Disney Dining Plan FREE!

Prices start at $1,390* for a family of four, staying in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. That’s like paying $58 per person, per day!

Maybe you can get cheaper Disney tickets elsewhere.

HTH...weescot

That's not a aaa deal. This is the free dining deal right from disney and you must purchase at least a single day ticket. Once you pay for the first day, you're not going to find any deal good enough for additional days to make up for the first day ticket. You might as well buy as many days as you want to go.

Wow there is a lot of misinformation in this thread.
The 4/3 deal had to be purchased months ago. It was an amazing deal, which I was lucky enough to take advantage of, but it's looong gone. Free dining is an excellent deal too if you don't mind going in the heat. I disagree with cmcdan about buying the amount of days you want ahead of time. You may have an AP or decide to get one. You can upgrade at any time (up to 14 days from first use), even every day if you want, so you can see how often you think you'd actually like to go once you get there, or even decide to add hopping (which costs about $50 plus tax, not sure where 200 came from) and/or Water Parks and More.

Once upon a time the no exp option was a good deal at 100$. Since they doubled that price, it's no longer a very good buy. Depending on your travel plans, you may do better to buy an Annual Pass, which also entitles you to a lot of valuable perks and discounts. The pros and cons and recommended purchases are discussed at great length on the Disboards.

Oh and I would NOT buy my tix from Travelocity. The free extra days are only worth a coupla bucks each, and this special offered frequently thru other better resources. Undercover Tourist and Ticketmania will throw in a discount and give excellent service. They keep copies of your tix, which I was very grateful for when mine got lost on Space Mountain. They also include TAX in the quote, which others (including WDW) may not do- so double check this when shopping, as it's significant.

Not sure what these discounted single day tix someone mentioned, unless we are talking about buying on eBay. They are probably ok if they are just one-days, but do NOT buy multi-day tix that are pre-owned. It's far too iffy.

As to Travelocity's prices being higher than WDW's- that would surprise me. Not sure that's true unless it's the tax thing.

OP,I'd urge you to start spending copious amounts of time on places that specialize in WDW, such as the DIS. Your time will be much better spent and you will get absolutely priceless info that will make the dif between an amazing trip and an exercise in frustration.

I also received an envelope stuffer saying save $30 per night w/ code CHASEWDW. This is for the free disney dining plan. Try southwestvacations.com/WDWdine

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014